Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #316
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

Hi everybody! A little question, do we have a Facebook page? Thank you so much!
Tiggrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #317
Shelebeen
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if Mackenzie of the NIchols family is a boy or girl?

Aulani... our beautiful Hawaiian home

Cruised on the Wonder (x2), the Magic, the Dream and the Fantasy..
Shelebeen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #318
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

Oh my god! :S I didn't wonder myself about this and just tought Mackenzie was a girl :S I'm wainting for the answer too.

I also wanted to show you something, because it's my first FE and I made mine by myself, so I'm a little proud of it and wanted to share this pic with you :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...88123201_n.jpg

Please, let me know if you can see them
Old 07-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #319
Shelebeen
DIS Veteran

They look great! Good work..

Old 07-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #320
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much! Not very cruise or Alaska themed but we wanted something very girly and as it is home made, something simple! My cricut made the Minnie's head
Old 07-26-2013, 05:16 PM   #321
aimshna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggrou View Post
Thank you so much! Not very cruise or Alaska themed but we wanted something very girly and as it is home made, something simple! My cricut made the Minnie's head
I bought a circuit machine and haven't been able to figure out how to use it very good. Guess I need to sit down and practice stuff but I am not good at that. I have my husband learn stuff first and then teach me. I still can't thread my sewing machine or make a bobbin. He has to do it everytime!
aimshna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:27 AM   #322
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

I think the cricut is easy enough to use but the first few days (I bought it near Christmas) I didn't even dare touch it. What is the trouble with your cricut? Perharps I can help
I made a lot of my FE gifts using it, so it was really hepfull to have it.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:01 AM   #323
NicholsFamily
Nichols Family Cruisers

Mackenzie is a Girl!

Hi there! Mackenzie is a girl! My other child, Riley is a girl, also. Thanks so much for asking and I'm sorry for any confusion. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Sara
NicholsFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:41 AM   #324
aimshna
Mouseketeer

We leave 2 weeks from today for Seattle. I can't believe it is getting so close. I am looking forward to this vacation so much but the only thing that makes me sad is leaving Jackson our dog behind. I hate leaving him for 10 days. He doesn't do too well with us gone. We would travel a lot more if we didn't have him. A friend comes over and stays at the house but it is not the same for him. Crazy I know.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #325
Shelebeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholsFamily View Post
Hi there! Mackenzie is a girl! My other child, Riley is a girl, also. Thanks so much for asking and I'm sorry for any confusion. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Sara
Thanks Sara! I would hate to guess wrong since our gifts are boy/girl sort of specific

Old 07-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #326
wachnicki
Mouseketeer

Very nice Tiggrou! My DD will love it.
wachnicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #327
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimshna View Post
We leave 2 weeks from today for Seattle. I can't believe it is getting so close. I am looking forward to this vacation so much but the only thing that makes me sad is leaving Jackson our dog behind. I hate leaving him for 10 days. He doesn't do too well with us gone. We would travel a lot more if we didn't have him. A friend comes over and stays at the house but it is not the same for him. Crazy I know.
I just understand this feeling so much! When I'll be away my little cat (Tiggrou :D) will be alone with my grandparents and even if I know they will take care of him, I'm so anxious to leave him behind! He is my little baby cat and I love him so much! I'm just sick when I must leave him, I would be so happy if I could take him everywhere!

Jackson is a very cute name! What kind of dog is he? We have a dog too, called Icare, a baby so he is so excited! This morning he entered my bedroom at 6.58 am and ran everywhere! He is my grandparents baby dog but he is a very good friend for Tiggrou too!

NicholsFamily, this is perfect! I can offer her what I planned to! I hope she will like her gift!

wachnicki, thank you so much! :D
Old 07-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #328
aimshna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I just understand this feeling so much! When I'll be away my little cat (Tiggrou :D) will be alone with my grandparents and even if I know they will take care of him, I'm so anxious to leave him behind! He is my little baby cat and I love him so much! I'm just sick when I must leave him, I would be so happy if I could take him everywhere!

Jackson is a very cute name! What kind of dog is he? We have a dog too, called Icare, a baby so he is so excited! This morning he entered my bedroom at 6.58 am and ran everywhere! He is my grandparents baby dog but he is a very good friend for Tiggrou too!

NicholsFamily, this is perfect! I can offer her what I planned to! I hope she will like her gift!

wachnicki, thank you so much! :D
Jackson is a border collie shepherd mix. We had a border collie before him and had to put him down at 14 - that was one hard time for me and 2 weeks later I was looking for another border collie and found a litter at the shelter about 100 miles away and told my husband we had to go and get one of them. They give you unconditional love and are always happy to see you. It is just my husband and I at home now so he is very attached to both of us and we are to him. I hate to leave him but he will survive and so will I. My daughter in laws kitty just had 6 kittens Thursday so she hates to go off and leave them but what are you to do!!!! Alaska wins out
Old 07-28-2013, 04:32 AM   #329
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

For sur, but it is always so hard to leave them! The good news is that they will be so happy (and so will we be! :D) when we will go back! And as we will know we will be with them, the return will be a little easier for us! Because it's always so hard to say goodbye to Mickey too!

Aimshna, I was wondering about something in Juneau, if (I hope they won't!!!! But I prefer to be ready in such a case :S ) my excursions are cancelled and that there is no more place in other excursions, what should we do in Juneau? As you know the town, your advises will be so precious! I read story about people whose flight were cancelled and didn't know what to do in Juneau, so I prefer to be ready!

And even if we can do our excursions, I have heard about a shop which sells soaps made with ice, do you know where I can find it? Will I be able after my second excursion to go here? Is there a long walk from this shop to the boat?

Thank you so much for your time and kindness!
Old 07-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #330
aimshna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
For sur, but it is always so hard to leave them! The good news is that they will be so happy (and so will we be! :D) when we will go back! And as we will know we will be with them, the return will be a little easier for us! Because it's always so hard to say goodbye to Mickey too!

Aimshna, I was wondering about something in Juneau, if (I hope they won't!!!! But I prefer to be ready in such a case :S ) my excursions are cancelled and that there is no more place in other excursions, what should we do in Juneau? As you know the town, your advises will be so precious! I read story about people whose flight were cancelled and didn't know what to do in Juneau, so I prefer to be ready!

And even if we can do our excursions, I have heard about a shop which sells soaps made with ice, do you know where I can find it? Will I be able after my second excursion to go here? Is there a long walk from this shop to the boat?

Thank you so much for your time and kindness!
I am not sure where the Wonder will dock but when we went on Princess we docked right where the Mt Roberts Tram was. That is a good little trip up the mountain for breathtaking views of the harbor below. You can buy tickets right there so if your tours are canceled if you want you can get tickets and take a ride up. There is some things to do up there. You can go out on the town and see the famous Red Dog Saloon - Tracy's Crab Shack is awesome if you love seafood. I love chocolate and they have locally made fudge at the Alaskan Fudge Company. The place you were talking about with the soap is Glacier Smoothie Soaps. They have stores that have native Alaskan jewelry but make sure if you get something it was made in Alaska. You can see the Capitol if you want and there are some muesuems in town too! Hope that helps some. Those are just some things I remember.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: