Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2013, 06:23 AM   #271
vgrandy
Mouseketeer

I wanted to make magnets. Even have a couple graphics ready. Don't think I will get around to it. We have to go to Michigan for a few days for a wedding between now and Aug 10th. My daughter has to have oral surgery and my son has an endoscopy. Just too much to do. Can't wait for the cruise so we can all just relax.

Victoria
vgrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:16 AM   #272
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

Please, take care of you and you're familly, the hollidays will be here soon and I'm sure you will have a blast! Best toughts from France .
Tiggrou is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #273
aimshna
Mouseketeer

4, yes count them, 4 weeks from today we set sail. I can hardly wait although I am still down after taking a fall last Thursday. Need to get better so I can have some fun on the ship. Hope everyone is getting excited!!!!
aimshna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:42 PM   #274
modegard
Mouseketeer

FE Deck Maps

Deck 1

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/.../deck1copy.jpg

Deck 2

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/...Maps/deck2.jpg

Deck 5

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/...Maps/deck5.jpg

Deck 6

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/...Maps/deck6.jpg

Deck 7

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/...Maps/deck7.jpg

Deck 8

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/...Maps/deck8.jpg

Please double check that I have all your info correct. Thanks!

Merilee

Last edited by modegard; 07-20-2013 at 05:56 PM. Reason: updated link to deck 7
modegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:53 AM   #275
KeatingFamily
Earning My Ears

Pixar Pals Party?

Does anyone know anything about the Pixar Pals party? According to the email its the gathering that's taking the place of the usual Pirates IN the Caribbean party. We used to dress up for the latter. Is there a similar dress up for the former?
KeatingFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:07 AM   #276
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

I've heard that some people used to dress up, but I don't know for myself because I don't have any costume pixar themed!

I'm also a little bit anxious about what to pack... I tought the weather would be chilly but I read that these last days, it was very warm... So I don't know what to do...
Old 07-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #277
aimshna
Mouseketeer

Merilee,
thanks for the maps - they will be a big help. Looks like we won't have to run all over the ship.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #278
aimshna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggrou View Post
I've heard that some people used to dress up, but I don't know for myself because I don't have any costume pixar themed!

I'm also a little bit anxious about what to pack... I tought the weather would be chilly but I read that these last days, it was very warm... So I don't know what to do...
I know I have been watching the weather too and it has been all over the place. I am wearing capris on the airplane and then in Seattle and the day we travel to Vancouver. That way I will have 3 pairs that if it is hot on the ship I can launder and wear and then taking jeans - that way I am covered. I am taking a light jacket. Never needing a heavy one on our last 4 cruises to Alaska. Hope that works out
Old 07-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #279
kayaker35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimshna View Post
I know I have been watching the weather too and it has been all over the place. I am wearing capris on the airplane and then in Seattle and the day we travel to Vancouver. That way I will have 3 pairs that if it is hot on the ship I can launder and wear and then taking jeans - that way I am covered. I am taking a light jacket. Never needing a heavy one on our last 4 cruises to Alaska. Hope that works out
I am planning to bring a couple pairs of capris and a couple pairs of long pants. I have long and short-sleeved tops to wear, a hooded sweatshirt, and an anorak jacket as a windbreaker.... along with a warm hat, neck warmer, and gloves.

I'm hoping that laundry onboard won't be a problem. I was reading on the Princess boards (we're cruising for 7 days prior to the Disney cruise) that the laundry rooms are closed most of the Alaska voyage because of environmental rules about discharging treated gray water . I suppose it depends on the size of the ship's holding tank. Haven't read anything about the laundry rooms being closed on Disney ships.

Karen
kayaker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #280
Shelebeen
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the map! Appreciate the work in that.

For those of you who have sailed Alaska before, do you think we should bring our mitts and toques for dogsledding? We have everything from light gloves and toques to heavy duty -40 stuff... I assume we may need at least the light set... then I am thinking a spring/fall jacket lined with fleece should work for jackets - or a hoodie with a rainjacket over it??

Since we are driving and taking a week to get to the cruise, we are packing two seperate sets of luggage - one with summer gear for the beaches, etc that we will experience in BC and then cruise wear... warmer fall type stuff I would think.

When you say the weather has been warm up there, what does warm mean?

Carole

Aulani... our beautiful Hawaiian home

Cruised on the Wonder (x2), the Magic, the Dream and the Fantasy..

Shelebeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #281
aimshna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelebeen View Post
Thanks for the map! Appreciate the work in that.

For those of you who have sailed Alaska before, do you think we should bring our mitts and toques for dogsledding? We have everything from light gloves and toques to heavy duty -40 stuff... I assume we may need at least the light set... then I am thinking a spring/fall jacket lined with fleece should work for jackets - or a hoodie with a rainjacket over it??

Since we are driving and taking a week to get to the cruise, we are packing two seperate sets of luggage - one with summer gear for the beaches, etc that we will experience in BC and then cruise wear... warmer fall type stuff I would think.

When you say the weather has been warm up there, what does warm mean?

Carole
My experience with Alaska has been long pants and shirts and a medium jacket. On all 4 trips we never experienced rain but I think we might have just been lucky. The next 10 days out show the weather in Juneau as 72, 73,70,64,61,61 with rain the last 4 days. Swagway is almost the same and Ketchikan is 77, 79,66,66,63,61 with no rain showing. We always took lightweight ponchos but never ever opened them. The coldest will be out in Tracy Arm and gloves might be nice there. Disney does have wool blankets for you to use which is nice. Just hard to predict.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:58 AM   #282
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

Hi there!
Thank you for the map and your kind advises for paking! I've started my lugage and it's easiest thanks to you! I'm so excited! Yesterday, I made magnets for our doors and I'm still working on my fish extender gifts! The map will be so precious when we will deliver them!

Finally we decided to offer ourselves the Enchanted Taku Lodge. Did someone among you booked this excursion too? In fact we will have a great but tiring day (unless in case of bad weather because our two excursions offer plane trip, so I hope it won't be cancelled!) since we will first discover the Mendenhall glacier with dog sledding, then go back to the boat, then leave for the Taku Lodge. But I read on disboard that this excursion should not be missed!
We're so excited about that!

Have a magical day, we're so close now!
Old 07-18-2013, 10:49 PM   #283
NicholsFamily
Nichols Family Cruisers

Question Is it too late to sign up for FE?

I am new to the fish extender program, so pardon my question, but is it too late to sign up another family? I signed up a few months ago and mentioned it to the family that is traveling with us, but I just realized that we never got their name officially on the list. Is it too late? They are a family of 6 (mom, dad and 4 kids). My apologies for being late to the game, but if it's not too late, I would love to sign them up. We are all already working on our gifts. I am new to this blog, but am looking forward to being more engaged over the coming weeks, as we are getting very excited!

Nichols Family

2007 Disney Wonder
2011 Disney Dream
NicholsFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:56 AM   #284
wachnicki
Mouseketeer

Those maps are awesome! Thank you.
On the last FE we were involved in we allowed people to sign up past the cut off date with the understanding that they might not receive something from all of the other cabins....people would post if they were able to exchange with the latecomers. This way those who were making personalized gifts were not under any extra pressure.
My gifts are simple to make so I could participate with anyone who signs up late.
What does everyone else think?

Denise
wachnicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:47 AM   #285
vgrandy
Mouseketeer

I am ok with adding them to the list. I am making personalized gifts and am still working on the adult gifts. Will try really hard to get enough for everyone.

Victoria
vgrandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: