Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 11:49 AM   #211
vgrandy
Mouseketeer

The Mickey heads are iron ons I got from etsy $2-3 each. I added iron on letters I got at the craft store.

Victoria
vgrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:56 PM   #212
sherry66
Mouseketeer

Hi Alaska Cruisers!

We are Sherry,Jim & our boys Stephen (18) & Matthew (16). This will be our second cruise,we were on the fantasy last Easter . Excursions are booked!! Not sure about FE yet. We are very excited to cruise again!
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2013, 09:49 PM   #213
aimshna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry66 View Post
Hi Alaska Cruisers!

We are Sherry,Jim & our boys Stephen (18) & Matthew (16). This will be our second cruise,we were on the fantasy last Easter . Excursions are booked!! Not sure about FE yet. We are very excited to cruise again!
Welcome to our group Sherry! My family of 11 took the Fantasy last August. Such a beautiful ship. Been on the Magic, Wonder, and Fantasy but still need the Dream. Looking forward to our cruise in August.
aimshna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:41 AM   #214
KeatingFamily
Earning My Ears

Pre-Cruise Port Adventures Party!

Hooray! We are booked for all our port adventures and Palo.
- White Pass Railway and Trail Camp at noon in Skagway

In Juneau...
- Sled Dog Discovery & Musher's Camp
Attendees: Anne marie R, Alyria R, Sara L
11:15 am
- Disney Exclusive Glacier Dog Musher for a Day
Attendees: Matthew K, Arianna K
11:45 am
- Mendenhall Glacier Adventure Hike
Attendees: Suzanne K, Robert L, Monica L

Everyone is doing the Rain Forest Canoe Adventure and Nature Trail in Ketchikan at 12:30

All the adults are at Palo at 8:PM the night before Tracy Arm.

Getting Excited!
KeatingFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:28 AM   #215
wachnicki
Mouseketeer

It's official. DD17 is going to miss the first day of school because we will be getting off the ship.
Poor planning on this mama's part.
wachnicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #216
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

Hi everybody!
I'm Meghann and I will be on this fantastic cruise with my aunt, Danny! It will be her first Disney Cruise, for me, it will be the second time (I was on the Dream last october in the Bahamas and it was just incredible!). Our excursions are booked and we will experience the Palo twice, for the dinner and the brunch! I'm so excited about it!
In fact, it will be our first trip to Vancouver (we're from France), so we're a little bit anxious too! But we can't wait!
Have a nice day
Tiggrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #217
*pixie*
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachnicki View Post
It's official. DD17 is going to miss the first day of school because we will be getting off the ship.
Poor planning on this mama's part.
Same here. Our school doesn't usually start until the Tuesday after Labor Day, so I thought for sure we would be fine with this cruise date. Of course, the district decided to completely redo the school calendar this year and start August 19th instead.

2013 - Alaska on the Wonder
2012 - BC, Eastern on the Fantasy, and Poly
2010 - AKL, MNSSHP, and the Wonder
2008 - Pop and MVMCP
*pixie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #218
sherry66
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggrou View Post
Hi everybody!
I'm Meghann and I will be on this fantastic cruise with my aunt, Danny! It will be her first Disney Cruise, for me, it will be the second time (I was on the Dream last october in the Bahamas and it was just incredible!). Our excursions are booked and we will experience the Palo twice, for the dinner and the brunch! I'm so excited about it!
In fact, it will be our first trip to Vancouver (we're from France), so we're a little bit anxious too! But we can't wait!
Have a nice day
Welcome !!
Old 06-06-2013, 02:40 AM   #219
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

Thank You so much Sherry 66!
We can't wait to share this wonderful trip! More of that, we're so excited about our excursions! In Juneau, we will experience the Dog Sledding on the Mendenhall Glacier by Helicopter (my aunt can't wait to see the dogs!), then the Liarsville Gold Rush Trail Camp and Salmon Bake Featuring Exclusive Disney Character Experience in Skagway and, finally, the Alaska Rainforest Sanctuary & Crab Feast in Ketchikan. Did somebody among you chose one of this activities?

I've never been on the Wonder, how is it? Did You already experience it?

Have a nice day! ^^
Old 06-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #220
aimshna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank You so much Sherry 66!
We can't wait to share this wonderful trip! More of that, we're so excited about our excursions! In Juneau, we will experience the Dog Sledding on the Mendenhall Glacier by Helicopter (my aunt can't wait to see the dogs!), then the Liarsville Gold Rush Trail Camp and Salmon Bake Featuring Exclusive Disney Character Experience in Skagway and, finally, the Alaska Rainforest Sanctuary & Crab Feast in Ketchikan. Did somebody among you chose one of this activities?

I've never been on the Wonder, how is it? Did You already experience it?

Have a nice day! ^^
Welcome to our cruise feed! I have been on the Wonder, Magic and the Fantasy. I loved the Fantasy but the Wonder is great too! I like the smaller ship and we had a great time on it. On the Fantasy they didn't do some of the things for kids that they do on the Wonder because of the size. I have been to Alaska several times so I didn't plan any excursions. Just going to wander around the towns and relax on the ship. Finally yesterday booked the airlines and car rental so now I can sit back and wait till August.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #221
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

Hi Aimshna! Thank You so much for your answer! You're so lucky! I'm very excited by Alaska. Last year, in the Bahamas, it was fantastic but so different! I think Alaska is so incredible.I can't wait to discover it, and it's the same feeling for my aunt because we love mountains, forest and nature. I think we will really appreciate it. I've heard so many great things about Tracy Arm! Did You always travel in Alaska with Disney?
We were thinking of walking around the town in the afternoon (all our excursions are in the morning) but I must admit we're a little bit afraid of missing the ship! Is the ship close to the "to-do" places? Thank You so much for sharing any tips or advises!
We booked our plane two months ago, we will travel with America Airlines from London to Vancouver and arrive the night before the boarding. We chose to stay to the Pan Pacific. Did You already stay here?

Last edited by Tiggrou; 06-06-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #222
aimshna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Aimshna! Thank You so much for your answer! You're so lucky! I'm very excited by Alaska. Last year, in the Bahamas, it was fantastic but so different! I think Alaska is so incredible.I can't wait to discover it, and it's the same feeling for my aunt because we love mountains, forest and nature. I think we will really appreciate it. I've heard so many great things about Tracy Arm! Did You always travel in Alaska with Disney?
We were thinking of walking around the town in the afternoon (all our excursions are in the morning) but I must admit we're a little bit afraid of missing the ship! Is the ship close to the "to-do" places? Thank You so much for sharing any tips or advises!
We booked our plane two months ago, we will travel with America Airlines from London to Vancouver and arrive the night before the boarding. We chose to stay to the Pan Pacific. Did You already stay here?
I have never been to Alaska on Disney - always on Princess. I am in SF and Princess leaves out of SF for 11 day so it was great. With grandkids now we have to travel Disney. So great for little kids. You will love Alaska. It is so beautiful and it is so neat to see the HUGE whales and eagles and such. When I took Princess it docked right in the town but not sure about Disney. You should be fine walking around the towns - seems we are in port till early evening and with the extended daylight in Alaska it stays light way into the night. We are a party of 12 so Pan Pacific was a little too expensive for us so we are staying at the Hamptons Inn. Last year we took our kids (12 of us) on the Disney Fantasy to the Carribean and we had a blast but I always said everyone needs to see Alaska so this year we chose to take them all there. I know they will love it! See you onboard!
Old 06-08-2013, 06:07 AM   #223
vgrandy
Mouseketeer

Just a reminder, if you are thinking of joining the FE exchange please do so soon. We aren't officially closing the group until July 12 but many of us are working on our gifts. Here is the link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mc&usp=sharing

Victoria
vgrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #224
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimshna View Post
I have never been to Alaska on Disney - always on Princess. I am in SF and Princess leaves out of SF for 11 day so it was great. With grandkids now we have to travel Disney. So great for little kids. You will love Alaska. It is so beautiful and it is so neat to see the HUGE whales and eagles and such. When I took Princess it docked right in the town but not sure about Disney. You should be fine walking around the towns - seems we are in port till early evening and with the extended daylight in Alaska it stays light way into the night. We are a party of 12 so Pan Pacific was a little too expensive for us so we are staying at the Hamptons Inn. Last year we took our kids (12 of us) on the Disney Fantasy to the Carribean and we had a blast but I always said everyone needs to see Alaska so this year we chose to take them all there. I know they will love it! See you onboard!
Oh my god, I would like to see San Francisco on day, it seems to be wonderful! I understand, I didn't know about Hamptons Inn, my travel agent told me about the Fairmont (near the Pan Pacific), but I saw in Disboard that many people were happy about the Pan Pacific and foud a great deal on the net, so I finally booked this one. I hope it will be great! The twelve of you must be so excited, it will be a fabulous trip! Thank You for your advises, I think that we will stay on the port during the afternoon. I've heard about a totem park in Ketchikan, and would be happy to see it if it isn't too far from the port. See You on board!

Victoria, I will tell my aunt about the FE. I would gladly participate but there is already more than 50 people, and I will need her help to make something nice for everyone. So if she can help me, it will be with pleasure! I'll come back and tell You about this tomorrow

P.S: Please, forgive my mistakes, it has been a long time since I last practised my English
Old 06-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #225
illustratedroomscape
Earning My Ears

FE extras

Just returned from the 5/27 AK cruise- you are really in for a WONDERful trip! We loved each day!
I have 50 extra FE cards if anyone is interested, please email me:
roomscapes@earthlink.net.
They could be turned into magnets or used in scrap booking- super cute design for AK! (posting on several spots- so request quickly)

Update: Cards are all spoken for now. Happy cruising!

Last edited by illustratedroomscape; 06-11-2013 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Update on availability
illustratedroomscape is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: