Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #151
wachnicki
Mouseketeer

We are thinking about the Yukon adventure in Skagway through Chilkoot. The one that includes the 15 minute dog sled ride.

Juneau I'd love to do the Taku glacier lodge tour but not sure if it's in the budget. Otherwise we will do a whale watching then go to Mendenhall glacier.

Ketchikan I'd love to see bears, but DH is not too keen on the idea! Debating the Saxman village and Lumberjack show.

What are other people considering?

Denise
wachnicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:04 AM   #152
vgrandy
Mouseketeer

We are paid in full! We will be arriving in Vancouver the evening of the 10th and staying at the Westin Bayshore.

Victoria
vgrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 11:31 AM   #153
Shelebeen
DIS Veteran

We are looking at doing the glacier dogsledding out of Juneau, the kids and I will do the lumberjack show I think in ketichan and hang out in town, Jim is hoping to do a bear photography trip, and in Skagway we are hoping to take the White Rial and then kayak in the yukon. We will be paid in full by the weekend and then can't book until May!!

Starting to think about FE gifts and what I want to do this year...

Aulani... our beautiful Hawaiian home

Cruised on the Wonder (x2), the Magic, the Dream and the Fantasy..
Shelebeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #154
aimshna
Mouseketeer

Happy to join in on the boards. We are a family of 12 - 6 kids Autumn 12 Katie 11 Jake 8 Justin 6 Brooke 6 and Ethan 5
aimshna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:31 AM   #155
KeatingFamily
Earning My Ears

Paid in Full!

The Keatings, Rickards and Lingards are all paid in full. It's happening! It's really happening!
KeatingFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:13 AM   #156
vgrandy
Mouseketeer

Aimshna- Welcome! Feel free to join our FE exchange. The google doc to sign up on is a few pages back. Someone can find the link if you have trouble. I am in Orlando right now enjoying WDW with my family!

Victoria
Old 04-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #157
aimshna
Mouseketeer

Thanks Victoria. We are still debating the FE but most likely we will join up. We were all on the Fantasy last August and had a blast doing it. Just trying to come up with some ideas first and you know the luggage thing! Do you have any info on how to get from Seattle to Vancouver without renting a car?
Old 04-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #158
wachnicki
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimshna View Post
Thanks Victoria. We are still debating the FE but most likely we will join up. We were all on the Fantasy last August and had a blast doing it. Just trying to come up with some ideas first and you know the luggage thing! Do you have any info on how to get from Seattle to Vancouver without renting a car?
Welcome! If you look on the first page of this thread there is a link to a thread with a lot of Vancouver information. It mentions the quick shuttle and amtrac as ways to get from Seattle to Vancouver and provides links for each.

Denise
wachnicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #159
Shelebeen
DIS Veteran

Welcome Aimshna!

We are from Calgary, so we are driving to Vancouver - I dont know much about Seattle to Vancouver. I bet if you google it there will be great information out there.

We are also paid in full - just waiting for the date to book the excursions and starting to think about fe's!

Old 04-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #160
aimshna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelebeen View Post
Welcome Aimshna!

We are from Calgary, so we are driving to Vancouver - I dont know much about Seattle to Vancouver. I bet if you google it there will be great information out there.

We are also paid in full - just waiting for the date to book the excursions and starting to think about fe's!
I know I thought after we paid in full we could start booking excursions but we have to wait till May 14th. I was thinking it was 120 days out but I guess it is 90. I have been to Calgary and loved it. I have been to Vancouver a few times and Alaska 4 but I wanted my kids to see the beauty of Alaska. We did the Fantasy last August with all of them so now it is time for Alaska. All my kids love cruising and the grandkids can't be pried out of the kid's club. I am hoping I can get them out long enough to see the beautiful scenery and maybe a whale or two. That would make my trip for them to get to see some whales.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #161
aimshna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelebeen View Post
Hey all, just checking in! Starting to look for a hotel with parking for the cruise... anyone have some good ideas on that?

I added our info to the FE spreadsheet... we love doing the FE's!
I saw the Hampton's Inn has a special for parking for 8 days and transportation to the cruise ship. It is the one that is located in downtown Vancouver.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #162
Shelebeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know I thought after we paid in full we could start booking excursions but we have to wait till May 14th. I was thinking it was 120 days out but I guess it is 90. I have been to Calgary and loved it. I have been to Vancouver a few times and Alaska 4 but I wanted my kids to see the beauty of Alaska. We did the Fantasy last August with all of them so now it is time for Alaska. All my kids love cruising and the grandkids can't be pried out of the kid's club. I am hoping I can get them out long enough to see the beautiful scenery and maybe a whale or two. That would make my trip for them to get to see some whales.
I know I was confused by that too, but then I realized the last two cruises we took we were in concierge and so I could book 120 days out! Thats great that you have been to Calgary. I have been to Alaska, but not on a cruise, my husband worked in Anchorage for a while many years ago. We were on the Fantasy last August too! Loved it...

Old 04-17-2013, 05:28 AM   #163
vgrandy
Mouseketeer

We are planning on taking the Quick Shuttle from Sea Tac to Vancouver. It's a little more expensive then the train but picks up right at the airport so worth it for us.

Victoria
Old 04-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #164
modegard
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I saw the Hampton's Inn has a special for parking for 8 days and transportation to the cruise ship. It is the one that is located in downtown Vancouver.
We are booked in at the Coast Plaza Hotel and Suites. They also have a cruise package with parking and a limo ride to the port.

Merilee
Old 04-19-2013, 07:49 AM   #165
aimshna
Mouseketeer

This thread is pretty quiet but I imagine it will pick up as our cruise gets closer - at least I hope so! Where do we sign up for the FE?

We have:
Katelyn - 11
Jacob - 8
Justin - 6

Cabin 5518

Autumn - 12
Brooke - 6
Ethan - 5

Cabin 5508

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: