Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
mommy2paris
DIS Veteran

What you can share about SW in May?

We will be traveling to seaworld, mid may, with our dd's 5 & 7. We haven't been in years, so I don't remember much about the parks. Can we expect it to be super busy? We will likely be there around the 15th or 16th, in between Disney. I have a dd who loves penguins, so I want to get that encounter reserved. Do you think it will still be worth it w/the penguin area under construction? Anything that really stands out as "must see"? The different animal feedings look fun. TIA for any advice.
mommy2paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
Evansvillegirl26
Mouseketeer

We are doing the penguin tour again on march 6 I will try and post about it. We did it back in 2010 and it was awesome!!! The puffins are gone now and that was part of the tour so I'm curious to see how much it will be different. Not sure how may will be for sw but we were in Disney last may and will never go back that time of year. We are sticking to our usual time in September with no crowds! It was wayyyyyyy too crowded! We were there the week of memorial day though so I'm sure that had alot to do with it!
Evansvillegirl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #3
KBF
DIS Veteran

Mid May is considered the calm before the storm meaning that you will be visiting a week or so before the summer crowds begin to pack Central Florida. You shouldn't have to worry about crowd size.

I would definitely consider seeing
The Shamu show "One Ocean"
The dolphin show "Blue Horizons"
The Sealion and Otter Show "Clyde And Seamore Take Pirate Island"
The dog and Cat show "Pets Ahoy"

I would also consider doing the animal feeding experiences. Get to the park right at park opening (9:00) and do the 9:30 Dolphin feeding. The 9:30 feeding is the least crowded and best feeding of the day because its the dolphins breakfast. You can also feed Stingrays, Sharks and Sealions at other locations around the park.

Be sure to also check out "Shamu's happy harbor" which is a giant play area with kid rides and a giant playground designed for kids your daughters ages. Also, the Penguin tour sounds like a great idea! Hope you have fun!
KBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
mommy2paris
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys!! If you could post about your upcoming experience with the penguin tour I would really appreciate it. Hope you guys enjoy!! Glad to hear the mid may isn't too bad, We will be in the area from the 11 - 19th, mostly at disney, but wanted to spend a day or two at Seaworld. Girls are really excited, and we are too. We are definetely "rope" drop kind of people and will head out to the 9:30 dolphin feeding. Thanks again!
mommy2paris is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: