DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 07:46 PM   #76
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalansky View Post
I get the feeling those of us waiting, may find this fate.
That's what I was just thinking, too.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #77
katieam1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYellowDart View Post

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #78
PhillyMc
Mouseketeer

I'm subscribing cuz I have a two bedroom coming up and would be crushed if we ever got bumped since it will be DD 1st trip and prob my DA 1st and only trip.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #79
snoope
Earning My Ears

When you book a dining plan through DVC can you use just anyones credit card? I didnt think you could. Why would the OP be using her CC to pay for the DP? Pure speculation on my part though.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #80
kmezick
Earning My Ears

Soooooo, the story goes that we are definitely at SSR in a 2BR Villa. Unsure of amount of compensation as DVC member is negotiating this (as mentioned I'm sure she's getting points back and converting to cash for us).
We were on an already booked reserv which member had and was going to cancel but we took this date (wasn't a date we originally wanted but took it due to it being a week that was reserved many months prior and were happy to get BLT since there or BCV were our choice). So, if all the member says is true (which I'm starting to doubt), then I can only hope for a fair amount of money back and to try to enjoy our stay as much as possible.
I've been sick over this for the last few days and can't do it anymore. However, until I get our new confirmation number and am able to view it online (and see the dining plan recharged on my cc), then I probably still won't sleep. Supposedly DVC computers were down today for a period of time which held up the return phone call until late afternoon??? My luck and nerves are wearing thin!!!
So much for saving some money by booking from someone I knew who is a DVC member but I've done this at least 5-6 times over the past 7-8 years and never had a problem with her so would have never thought this could happen...
Wish I could give you all more info but since I can't actually speak to DVC myself, I have to question if I'm getting all the facts which makes me feel very uneasy...
I'll give updates if I get any more news to keep you all posted. Thanks for the support!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #81
Caren90
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmezick View Post
Soooooo, the story goes that we are definitely at SSR in a 2BR Villa. Unsure of amount of compensation as DVC member is negotiating this (as mentioned I'm sure she's getting points back and converting to cash for us).
We were on an already booked reserv which member had and was going to cancel but we took this date (wasn't a date we originally wanted but took it due to it being a week that was reserved many months prior and were happy to get BLT since there or BCV were our choice). So, if all the member says is true (which I'm starting to doubt), then I can only hope for a fair amount of money back and to try to enjoy our stay as much as possible.
I've been sick over this for the last few days and can't do it anymore. However, until I get our new confirmation number and am able to view it online (and see the dining plan recharged on my cc), then I probably still won't sleep. Supposedly DVC computers were down today for a period of time which held up the return phone call until late afternoon??? My luck and nerves are wearing thin!!!
So much for saving some money by booking from someone I knew who is a DVC member but I've done this at least 5-6 times over the past 7-8 years and never had a problem with her so would have never thought this could happen...
Wish I could give you all more info but since I can't actually speak to DVC myself, I have to question if I'm getting all the facts which makes me feel very uneasy...
I'll give updates if I get any more news to keep you all posted. Thanks for the support!
So if your DVC owner is getting her points back, are you getting the trip for free?
Old 02-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #82
Disneydrmr
Earning My Ears

Try and stay positive kmezick.....

I just want to try and remind you to take a deep breath.....and try to enjoy the fact that you will be going on vacation to the happiest place on earth. I know it is not exactly the vacation you had planned so diligently for.... but as I was reminded today with the deadly shooting at the High School right down the road from us today, we should count each day as a blessing.

Try and focus on the positives of the trip...and hopefully all else will work its way out. So sorry you had to endure all this stress.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #83
quirty30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caren90 View Post
So if your DVC owner is getting her points back, are you getting the trip for free?
I would imagine the owner is getting SOME points back and not ALL of them; then she would refund the OP accordingly based on how many points.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #84
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydrmr View Post
I just want to try and remind you to take a deep breath.....and try to enjoy the fact that you will be going on vacation to the happiest place on earth. I know it is not exactly the vacation you had planned so diligently for.... but as I was reminded today with the deadly shooting at the High School right down the road from us today, we should count each day as a blessing.

Try and focus on the positives of the trip...and hopefully all else will work its way out. So sorry you had to endure all this stress.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #85
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

OP, since you have rented before, I am sure you are aware but if you are paying, per point, please know that your 2 bedroom at SSR will "cost" you less than the 2 bedroom at BLT. You can go on to DVC point charts and see how many points are needed for the SSR booking and that is what you should be paying, per point.

It is correct, MS was down for most of the morning. If you had the BLT booked with DDP, I am thinking that the point owner canceled your ressie, thus putting back the DDP onto your credit card. They then moved you to SSR...why not sure but maybe they wanted/needed more points to make another ressie.

I am guessing, too, that this really isn't a "friend" but more someone who you have rented from in the past. I can tell you I have rented and if this happened to me with my renter, I would be on the phone with MS AND the renter of my points. A three way call so the renter can hear what is going on and know that is DVC not me that changed a ressie. Have you requested this to be done?

Please make sure you get back your money that you paid extra for BLT and if it is a member of this or another board that rented you your points, we should be aware but not sure if this is allowed or not.

Good luck and thank you for keeping us updated since we have been thinking about you.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #86
VrBchJ
DIS Veteran

OP, I know what a disappointment this is for you. Have you been given a reason for the move to SSR? How did MS pick your reservationto cancel? It sounds as if your friend has had this reservation for quite a while so it can't be a case of "last in, first out." The idea of the 3-way call with MS is a good one so you could get first hand information directly from MS. I would be so angry if this happened to me. I bought BLT points so I could stay there. I don't expect to be bumped to another resort.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #87
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

OP, no matter what the details, the bottom line is is that you've planned your trip and the logistics around your resort and to have it all change a week before arriving is just terrible for you. I feel so sick that anyone has to go through this. We could all just say, at least you still have a place to stay, but that's not much help at all. I know you'll do the best you can, but to start your vacation on such a negative note, I know this must be very hard. I wish you pixie dust on your trip and hope it goes as well as it can.

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

Old 02-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #88
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

Well it is going to be busy down there the next several weeks! Tried to change and existing DVC reservation and there is nothing anywhere available for the entire stay 2nd week of March. I can get a day here and there but nothing for a week straight..............
Beach Club concierge/Wonder Mar '05
Boardwalk Inn Concierge Oct 2004
Carribean Beach Resort Oct 2004
Yacht Club Concierge April 2004
All Star Music April 2004
Grand Californian Concierge-Disneyland September 2003
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Coronado Springs May 1999
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-28-2012, 09:02 AM   #89
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999

We got bumped once at the Beach Club Villas. Had a two bedroom villa booked at 11 months for my Wife and I and both sets of Parents. When we arrived at 2:00 PM, we were told that they were oversold and that there were no two bedrooms available or any villas of any kind. We needed sleeping for 6 and had already gone to the Grocery and bought supplies for the whole stay. We were not happy, but Disney did make it right. First they suggested the "Captains Deck" I think this is either the Presidential or Vice Presidential Suite at the Yacht Club. The room was fine, (this is the room Michael Eisner and his family used when they stayed on site) but it did not have a full kitchen, and we already had all these groceries. They then provided access to the Concierge lounge at the Yacht Club and agreed to comp us our breakfast at the Captain's Grill each day of our stay. My parents lived in Florida at the time and we were able to give them the groceries to take home so nothing was wasted and we all had a great time.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:15 AM   #90
montrealdisneylovers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdefouw View Post
We got bumped once at the Beach Club Villas. Had a two bedroom villa booked at 11 months for my Wife and I and both sets of Parents. When we arrived at 2:00 PM, we were told that they were oversold and that there were no two bedrooms available or any villas of any kind. We needed sleeping for 6 and had already gone to the Grocery and bought supplies for the whole stay. We were not happy, but Disney did make it right. First they suggested the "Captains Deck" I think this is either the Presidential or Vice Presidential Suite at the Yacht Club. The room was fine, (this is the room Michael Eisner and his family used when they stayed on site) but it did not have a full kitchen, and we already had all these groceries. They then provided access to the Concierge lounge at the Yacht Club and agreed to comp us our breakfast at the Captain's Grill each day of our stay. My parents lived in Florida at the time and we were able to give them the groceries to take home so nothing was wasted and we all had a great time.
This is the key!! Stuff happens,we all know that, but it is up to Disney to make it right. They should provide an upgrade, not a downgrade. I am not saying that SSR is really a downgrade, but those who book BLT or BCV book for reasons not provided by a stay at SSR.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: