Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 158

The wait sucks!!

We sent over contract and deposit last week. Still waiting to here something.
Holly (29) DH (30)Wesley (4)Timmie (4)Zachary (3)
hmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
DIS Veteran
luckyman_apd's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,357

They can't send it to Disney for ROFR until the seller signs it as well. Just send an email to your broker to have them let you know when it is submitted. They will inform you when it passes. Be patient, I know its exciting (just closed on Tuesday here) but you will have years to enjoy it.
luckyman_apd is offline   Reply With Quote
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
DIS Veteran
Missyrose's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 7,310

Originally Posted by hmire View Post
We sent over contract and deposit last week. Still waiting to here something.
I know the feeling. We passed ROFR on 2/8 and didn't receive our closing docs until 2/23. That wait seemed to go on forever. But like PP said, hang in there. You'll be a DVC member soon enough!
Missy Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 8/14 Past TR: 5/14, 10/13, 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
A little Miami humor...
JimMIA's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)
Posts: 11,512

Not sure what "last week" means, but you should have heard something within a day or two. Having both bought and sold via resale, I can tell you there is really no reason for an extended delay. If it's been more than two days, I'd call the broker and ask them what's going on.

If there has been no response from the seller, I'd look for another contract. If you find another contract you like, cancel your offer and make an offer on the new contract.

I'd also check with multiple brokers. Some brokers are more conscientious than others about getting answers and getting deals done.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
MrToad1345's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southern NH
Posts: 127

Paitence is a virtue, but I'm fresh out!

We went to ROFR for a 160pt SSR contract and I know it is taking the full 30 these days, but I want it now! I feel like my impatient 10yr old that has to have it yesterday. I wonder where he gets it from? Folks, please get me a flux capacitor and good ol' Doc Brown!!
Son of a Son of a Sailor
MrToad1345 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.