Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
DonaldnDaisy5
Mouseketeer

reservation question

Trying to plan a trip for family, including husbands two brothers, their families, and parents. Wanting to bang head against the wall, thinking that might be easier and more productive...anyway...

Trip for Thanksgiving week, one family won't/can't commit now. They'll decide by May (when we can do reservations for meals), they love drama and causing problems. If we make reservations (planning on getting regular dining), but then they decide they "can't" go, will we have to cancel reservations and then rebook them? Their family would drop the total eating from 15 to 11.
DonaldnDaisy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
DonaldnDaisy5
Mouseketeer

I mean if they change their minds between May and the trip date??? Any help or advice would be great...was doing regular dining because thinking one meal together a day would be nice foe regrouping...and cost difference between reg and quick service wasn't too much when thinking about a sit down for Thanksgiving either way...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
purple figment
DIS Veteran

I would go ahead and make the reservations for the max number of people that may be dining. It's a lot easier to reduce numbers later, than try and add more people once the reservations are made. If the family decides not to come you can call the dining line and reduce the number - although I would leave it, just in case they change their mind yet again and decide they want to come. You do not have to cancel/rebook the res.

At any restaurants that require a credit card hold when you make the res (e.g. character meals and signatures), as long as at least one person shows up for the res, you will not be charged the penalty for the missing people so no need to change the number of people on the res.

The only reservations that I would be concerned with are CRT and the dinner shows which require full payment at the time you make the res. If they change their mind, I would call and modify the res. Make sure the CM knows you are not cancelling the res, just changing the number of people attending. Often the easiest way to do a credit back is to cancel the res and book a new one. However, in that brief time it's possible for someone else to come in and take the res. Then you would be without a reservation. If the CM wants to cancel your res hang up and try again or ask for a supervisor.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #4
DonaldnDaisy5
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the help and advice, really at this point I would rather book their Thanksgiving trip and book our own trip for a later date!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: