Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
Waltfan54
Earning My Ears

Question Gratuities and more

I am in the process of putting together a budget for an upcoming Disney wedding and would like some feedback on gratuities. I know about the photographer and the usual people, but what about the wedding planner?
Waltfan54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltfan54 View Post
I am in the process of putting together a budget for an upcoming Disney wedding and would like some feedback on gratuities. I know about the photographer and the usual people, but what about the wedding planner?
Most bride & grooms give a gift rather than a tip.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
diannebryant319
Earning My Ears

We gave our planner a nice bottle of wine and $50.00.
Who else were you thinking of tipping? I just went through this 2/3/12. My DH and I were going through the same questions!
diannebryant319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:45 AM   #4
Waltfan54
Earning My Ears

Smile

Thanks for your response.
The Disney wedding planner does the most work by putting all the ingredients and personal touches into place and to make sure the special day moves along flawlessly. For me a monetary gift I feel is best.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:48 AM   #5
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltfan54 View Post
Thanks for your response.
The Disney wedding planner does the most work by putting all the ingredients and personal touches into place and to make sure the special day moves along flawlessly. For me a monetary gift I feel is best.
In the past they weren't allowed to accept money, i'm not sure if this has changed.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:17 AM   #6
Waltfan54
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

I have made some inquiries and found that tipping for them is totally acceptable and welcome. I am not sure what the policy was in the past but it is okay now.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #7
dreamcometruemom
dreamcometruemom

hey Waltfan! your question also made me think, so i made some inquiries myself and found that like some professions (ie: teachers, coaches) there are only so many trinkets they could use/display and being Disney cast members, i'm very sure that they are MM'd out! my thoughts too will be monetary and i found this website that may be of help to you. Look for the answer from Sllefebvr http://www.bestdestinationwedding.co...ng-coordinator
she seems to have it together... hope this helps.. it did me: grouphug:
dreamcometruemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #8
Waltfan54
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

Very good! Thank you Dreamcometruemom! I was leaning that way.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #9
Jilian
DIS Veteran

I'm shocked at the suggestion not to tip your photographer or a band, why not? I plan on tipping Randy, his fee is so small for the quality of work he does and I feel like that warrants a cash tip. Same for the band suggestion, some of the musicians are really good and their fee seems to small, so I plan on tipping my violinist and guitarist. I look at a tip as a thank you, if they went above and beyond then i like to acknowledge that with a cash tip. I will be tipping my wedding planner somewhere around $50-100. I'm not sure if they can accept cash, if not I will do a Visa gift card (same as cash pretty much but the policies on gift cards to be different than cash).

Here is who we are tipping:
Chartered transportation drivers 20%
voilinist and guitarist 20%
Photographer 20%, if not more
Hair/makeup artist 20%
Wedding planner $50-100, I'm not sure exactly what her fee is because it is worked in to the whole cost of the ceremony at Swan/Dolphin
Our fee for our dinner already includes a 21% gratuity so we probably won't tip the servers unless there is someone who really stood out
Our Pastor is coming down to perform our ceremony for us and didn't want to accept cash so we've paid for his room for 2 nights and will make an extra donation to our church for his services

Our floral already includes a setup and delivery fee so we don't plan on tipping them unless they do a really amazing job

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #10
Waltfan54
Earning My Ears

The 'tipping outline' is a good guideline that points out that most photographers and bands are independent and their services/pay are reflective in their contract, but by all means tip those whose service made you feel especially stress free on your wedding day. (You may even want to tip the photographer after you received the proofs with evidence that he captured your wedding to your liking). The time spent with the wedding planner amounts to months, (maybe a year) and the others are several hours.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: