Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 03:24 AM   #61
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

You ladies will be happy to know that I have put my paperwork in for my passport should recieve it in the mail in about a fortnight, even with the photo I don't like the girl I tutor saw it & said she thought it looked pretty so at least someone likes it

44 sleeps to go!!!!

Off to watch Toy Story, the next on my countdown list of Disney movies
frangipanisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:07 AM   #62
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Thank goodness, that was stressing me out

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #63
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Phew....now I will sleep at night

49 for us..........we are doing something Disney every day...............movie, trivia, game...........the list is endless!!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #64
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Sue Oz View Post
Phew....now I will sleep at night

49 for us..........we are doing something Disney every day...............movie, trivia, game...........the list is endless!!!!
that is a really great idea.

we re-watched our disney vacation planning dvd the weekend before we left. got us all excited about the magic and just what we'd be seeing etc.

we also memorised/familiarised ourselves with the map of the lands so that we wouldn't have to stop & consult in the parks

i know that you and your DD have been before so probably not something you would do, but we loved building that anticipation even higher.

i just found out that you can still buy disney dollars in park. i totally thought they'd been phased out.

i intend to buy some for the next trip and surprise the others in my travel party with them along the way

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #65
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

Estimated arrival date for my passport is the 17th of Spetmeber so I will have it a month before we leave a little bit better then two weeks before and its 40% of the way through the process!

I've been eBaying this morning because I didn't get called for work So far I've bought one TSA approved travel lock to test out (in an awesome shade of pink!) and if I like it I'll grab two more. Also grabbed another luggage tag so I have three for the trip home just incase a third suitcase is required

I've also bought my first halloween costume! I'm going as Belle to the halloween party at the moment IF I like how this dress looks once its on: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330766331...84.m1497.l2648 if I don't like it I already have a Snow White dress from my 18th I can take I have white over the knee stockings to wear with it already from Snow White and will be wearing two pairs of sheerr stockings and white boyshorts under it and possibly a pedicoat

The hard part is deciding if I should get this costume for halloween night in Hollywood: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290723248...84.m1423.l2648 I'm in love with it but my friends convinced me Belle was better for the party considering shes my favourite and I'll be in Disneyland for the very first time!

Any excuse and I'll buy a costume, I'm just thinking space issues if need be I'll ship it to our San Francisco hotel

Next item to buy: Suitcases! Just tossing up buying in store vs buying a set off eBay that are bigger, cheaper and lighter...so hard to decide

42 sleeps
Old 09-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #66
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangipanisam View Post
Estimated arrival date for my passport is the 17th of Spetmeber so I will have it a month before we leave a little bit better then two weeks before and its 40% of the way through the process!

I've been eBaying this morning because I didn't get called for work So far I've bought one TSA approved travel lock to test out (in an awesome shade of pink!) and if I like it I'll grab two more. Also grabbed another luggage tag so I have three for the trip home just incase a third suitcase is required

I've also bought my first halloween costume! I'm going as Belle to the halloween party at the moment IF I like how this dress looks once its on: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330766331...84.m1497.l2648 if I don't like it I already have a Snow White dress from my 18th I can take I have white over the knee stockings to wear with it already from Snow White and will be wearing two pairs of sheerr stockings and white boyshorts under it and possibly a pedicoat

The hard part is deciding if I should get this costume for halloween night in Hollywood: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290723248...84.m1423.l2648 I'm in love with it but my friends convinced me Belle was better for the party considering shes my favourite and I'll be in Disneyland for the very first time!

Any excuse and I'll buy a costume, I'm just thinking space issues if need be I'll ship it to our San Francisco hotel

Next item to buy: Suitcases! Just tossing up buying in store vs buying a set off eBay that are bigger, cheaper and lighter...so hard to decide

42 sleeps
wow, those are both really, really pretty costumes. there is no way i could pull off either of those to be honest, they do not look like they would take up too much room

good luck with your suitcase purchase... i was considering buying off ebay, but it's hard to determine quality from a pic, whereas in store you can at least get a feel for your luggage

good luck at being only 6 weeks to go!!!

Old 09-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #67
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

I probably will buy Ursula as well because I want it Sam#3 is going as the cowardly lion for the wizard of Oz, Sam #2 can't decide and Bec is looking for a mad hatter so she can use it again for my future Alice themed kitchen tea

I think I'll take a chance with eBay, buy them this weekend & if I don't like them I can buy something else before I go because strandbags is always on sale lol
Old 09-06-2012, 05:08 AM   #68
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

I love both costumes. I think the Belle one is really pretty, but I haven't seen an Ursula costume like that before and it looks pretty cool too! Personally I'd rather dress up as a villian or something scary for Halloween, just because of the dark nature of the occasion. But nothing wrong with dressing as a princess if that's what you want! You could always get both (which it sounds like you're going to do anyway) and see which one looks better on.

Glad to hear your passport is under control too

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR - Aug/Sep 2014 RunDisney 10k DLR (DI&S & Portofino) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Sep 2015 RunDisney Half DLR PTR - 2016 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:25 AM   #69
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

I was set with Ursula until a uni friend made me second guess. Her argument was I'll be in Disneyland for the first time, in front of the castle & with Disney characters so I should stick to my all time favourite & go as Belle (couldn't find her 6 years ago hence Snow White as my 18th costume lol) plus "you can compare your dress to Belle's and not scare the characters off by being a villain"

Then I figured well ok...how bout I be scary for Halloween night in Hollywood & do Ursula there yep definitely going to buy Ursula as well, I do need to be scary-ish for Halloween night rather then princessey & child like

Now to get Sam #2 organised and finalise which mad hatter Bec is getting
Old 09-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #70
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Oh those costumes are too gorgeous!!!! I love the Ursula one though, it's amazing!!!

It must be the day for it as I have just purchased DD's costume tonight too! She is going as Snow White. We have been trawling the web for weeks as it had to be the RIGHT costume..............the right colour, the right sleeves.......you get the picture!!!

The one I got even comes with the wig so I was happy with that!!! It's this one if you would like a look!!!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Adult-8-1...item2c67aa2b8b

I have just finished my shirt too................can't wait til Halloween, we are all going to have so much fun
Old 09-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #71
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Minnie sue that snow white costume is adorable ! I was hoping to go as snow white but there are so many bad costumes out there that i think i will just go in a halloween shirt

Old 09-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #72
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Minnie Sue that is adorable.

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:56 PM   #73
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

Awesome costume for your DD Minnie Sue, very age approrpiate compared to what you see teens wearing for Halloween in movies (ie. Mean Girls )

I'm going to hunt around and see the best deal I can find for Ursula because I want it sent here so I can try it on and see how it goes. I saw it awhile back in the $40's so hoping I can find something similar.

Off to DFO at Homebush today, will have a look at luggage (hoping for a good deal in Ripcurl ) to see what deals they have down there. Other then that mission just going to browse and maybe get some new clothes for the trip

We're having a meeting on Sunday to book our two last flights (LV to SF, SF to LA) and most of our entry tickets. Still looking at Grand Canyon flights from Vegas if anyone has some tips or suggestions it would be much appriciated!

OHHH I forgot to share some exciting news! Bec and her partner got engaged last Friday! So we'll have three single Sam's and one very engaged lady on our trip my two besties are now both engaged (within two weeks of each other) so I'm off to the bridal expo in Sydney with Bec while pretending to be Nikki (whose not coming on the trip) to get freebies for her ahh I love weddings so I'll be in my element once I'm back from the US

looks like September 2013 for Bec and April 2014 for Nikki so lots of fun ahead
Old 09-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #74
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Congrats to your friends! Weddings are awesome fun (except for the last month when all the supplier accounts are due and you have to re-confirm everything )!

If you don't mind, I'm going to bookmark your Ursula costume for future reference. I'm thinking it looks like it could easily be made into a running costume for my TOT 10 miler

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR - Aug/Sep 2014 RunDisney 10k DLR (DI&S & Portofino) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Sep 2015 RunDisney Half DLR PTR - 2016 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:48 AM   #75
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

I'll be in heaven, helping to organize also found out today another gf got engaged while in Europe on her graduation trip with her partner! I kept telling her it would happen over there and she ignored me lol so went from jokingly complaining that someone needs to get engaged so I can help plan and now all three get engaged in the same month

Bookmark away! I love the uniqueness of the Ursula costume and am very happy to share now that would be interesting to watch!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: