Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #16
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

i'm going to have to pick your brain about san fran and DL........we go in feb...are you flying from SFO to LAX or SNA??? SNA is closer to disneyland, so we are looking at that, for about $15 extra on united.

keep me posted re plans.....so do you call them 1,2 or 3..or is it sam 1 etc...confusing
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #17
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangipanisam View Post
Bumping this up for some assistance

We have offically booked all of our accomodation Talk about time consuming! Three and a half hours with the TA (Though we got free coffee vouchers to have a 15 min break lol) and we have booked all airport transfers and seven different hotels across four weeks!

Can the Aussie dollar just creep up back over the dollar mark pleaseeee! Now its just saving spending money for food and souvieneers, aiming for at least $5500 to be safe

Now we have our money for entry tickets for Disney, Universal ect when would people recommend buying those? Should we do those through the TA or buy online and get sent to our hotels or pick up on the day???

Also with Universal Studios are the lockers INSIDE the park or outside? I know Disney have some in the courtyard between the parks where you can put a backpack with food and drinks and not get in trouble but Universal's website doesn't show where they are located and my gf's friend had food taken off her when they tried to go in a few months ago

146 sleeps to go and only seven weeks until Uni is finished for ever!
Sounds like a great trip you might want to look at the southern California pass since your going to Seaworld and Universal if you pick it up a universal they give you a 2nd day free then you could upgrade your ticket to 4 days at DL I guess you would have to price it out though I'm not sure how ou planned on buying the tickets.

http://www.universalstudioshollywood..._citypass.html
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #18
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
i'm going to have to pick your brain about san fran and DL........we go in feb...are you flying from SFO to LAX or SNA??? SNA is closer to disneyland, so we are looking at that, for about $15 extra on united.

keep me posted re plans.....so do you call them 1,2 or 3..or is it sam 1 etc...confusing
Defiantly! I'm getting very excited, first Disney trip ever I'll do a trip report when I get back with all the details and my opinion of each place.

I originally planned to fly SFO to SNA also because it was $9 cheaper with South West airlines but when we discussed it with our TA he was having trouble booking our airport transfers so we went with SFO to LAX which is now the same price anyway at $91. I wasn't too fussed because we fly in at midday and it eats up some time before we can check in

That being said we're scardy cats and wanted our transfers prebooked but I guess a taxi from SNA to Disney wouldn't be too bad cost wise

Our poor TA was getting so confused with all of us, two of us are Sam W so we can't even do initials! We call each other by our nicknames based on our last names so theres Willy, Woody and Kiddy I'm Willy

Thanks WAMUMOF4 we did originally plan to get those and upgrade but we want a second day at Universal for free which we can get buying that ticket online separately. Problem with buying the CityPass with the second day free is that we are doing Disney first and to get the free day you need to redeem at Universal first. Plus we're buying our Sea World tickets with Anaheim pick up & drop off.

Thanks for the help though, I'm might look into price comparing them again after the price hike at Disney and see if its worth getting and upgrading Disney. I need something to do at work
frangipanisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #19
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

change your user name

Quote:
Defiantly! I'm getting very excited, first Disney trip ever I'll do a trip report when I get back with all the details and my opinion of each place.

I originally planned to fly SFO to SNA also because it was $9 cheaper with South West airlines but when we discussed it with our TA he was having trouble booking our airport transfers so we went with SFO to LAX which is now the same price anyway at $91. I wasn't too fussed because we fly in at midday and it eats up some time before we can check in

That being said we're scardy cats and wanted our transfers prebooked but I guess a taxi from SNA to Disney wouldn't be too bad cost wise

Our poor TA was getting so confused with all of us, two of us are Sam W so we can't even do initials! We call each other by our nicknames based on our last names so theres Willy, Woody and Kiddy I'm Willy

Thanks WAMUMOF4 we did originally plan to get those and upgrade but we want a second day at Universal for free which we can get buying that ticket online separately. Problem with buying the CityPass with the second day free is that we are doing Disney first and to get the free day you need to redeem at Universal first. Plus we're buying our Sea World tickets with Anaheim pick up & drop off.

Thanks for the help though, I'm might look into price comparing them again after the price hike at Disney and see if its worth getting and upgrading Disney. I need something to do at work
to frangipaniwilly.......nice
Old 05-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #20
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

When we're being naughty it can get very bad when we combine our names to make dirty sentences, especially when we add in Bec's nickname Handy

Naught naughty preschool/primary school teachers
Old 05-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #21
australiankaren

Quote:
When we're being naughty it can get very bad when we combine our names to make dirty sentences, especially when we add in Bec's nickname Handy

Naught naughty preschool/primary school teachers
oh dear, you didnt mention you were

now that kind of explains it now........
Old 05-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #22
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

Well almost, I hand in my very last assignment the first week of August That's why we're having this massive trip before we starting applying for full time positions, need some Disney magic to deal with going back to school full time for the rest of my life lol

Last edited by frangipanisam; 05-25-2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 05-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #23
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

I've been comparing the pricing for our tickets (as below) and the CityPASS works out cheaper but that means we only have 1 day at Universal because we'd be using the CityPASS at Disneyland first and miss out on the second day free at Universal because you need to use it there first.

People's thoughts, do you need a 2nd day at Universal Studios? Or can you get everything done if your there from open to close? We were planning a half day with the 2nd visit

-CityPASS (3 Day Disney hopper/Sea World/Universal) $275
-Disneyland upgrade to 4 day Hopper $61
-Sea World return Transport $50
TOTAL $386

-Sea World with transport $100
-Universal with 2nd day free $77
-Disneyland 4 Day Hopper $275
TOTAL $452
Old 05-29-2012, 10:55 PM   #24
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've been comparing the pricing for our tickets (as below) and the CityPASS works out cheaper but that means we only have 1 day at Universal because we'd be using the CityPASS at Disneyland first and miss out on the second day free at Universal because you need to use it there first.

People's thoughts, do you need a 2nd day at Universal Studios? Or can you get everything done if your there from open to close? We were planning a half day with the 2nd visit

-CityPASS (3 Day Disney hopper/Sea World/Universal) $275
-Disneyland upgrade to 4 day Hopper $61
-Sea World return Transport $50
TOTAL $386

-Sea World with transport $100
-Universal with 2nd day free $77
-Disneyland 4 Day Hopper $275
TOTAL $452
if it was universal orlando, i'd say definitely go for the 2nd day. it's awesome, and wwohp is amazing. since you're going to the universal in LA, i'd say 1 day would be plenty
Old 06-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #25
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

Now that I have officially finished my last ever prac I can start a PTR properly for my awesome trip!

110 sleeps to go and exactly four months until I step into the Lad of the Mouse

Check out the start of my PTR here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post45330349
Old 07-01-2012, 07:34 AM   #26
australiankaren

Quote:
Now that I have officially finished my last ever prac I can start a PTR properly for my awesome trip!

110 sleeps to go and exactly four months until I step into the Lad of the Mouse

Check out the start of my PTR here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post45330349
It can be quite messy stepping into the "lad of the mouse".....just saying
Old 07-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #27
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

Hahaha oops my bad, didn't proof read that post well
Old 07-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #28
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

Just bumping to let people know our most recent itinieray is up here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2950364

Any suggestions would be much appreicated

Also thoughts on the Citadel outlets, worth it or not?? I'm thinking of crossing off our planned LA shopping tour (which includes Citadel) and replacing it with another shopping day at a decent shopping center instead
Old 07-10-2012, 05:48 AM   #29
Minniemum
DIS Veteran

Looks like you girls are going to have a blast! Oh to be young and carefree again.

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #30
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemum View Post
Looks like you girls are going to have a blast! Oh to be young and carefree again.
I hope so! I don't reckon I'll be disappointed with Disney I already want to start organising a WDW trip too But I'll do that after they have finished the Fantasyland upgrade

I've decided to do my PRT here, in the inital thread I started because I only ever go onto the Australian board anyway lol

Updated Itinerary
Thursday 18th of Oct: Fly out of SYD to LAX at 2.40pm with VA, then onto Dallas
Friday 19th Oct: Meeting Sam #2's penpal Macy, State Fair of Texas and country dancing with Macy
Saturday 20th Oct: Shopping (Grapevine outlets and downtown Dallas) where I get to buy beautiful leather cowboy boots
Sunday 21st Oct: Breakfast, pack up, fly to Las Vegas at midday, explore The Strip and see a show

Monday 22nd Oct: Vegas, relax day with nothing planned
Tuesday 23rd Oct: Outlet shopping, attempt to do both outlets lol
Wednesday 24th Oct: Vegas, day trip to the Grand Canyon (plane)
Thursday 25th Oct: Vegas, last minute shopping and fly to San Francisco in the afternoon

Friday 26th Oct: Ultimate city tour and Winchester House tour with Starlines
Saturday 27th Oct: Fisherman's wharf, Alcatraz tour and picnic opposite the Painted Ladies
Sunday 28th Oct: Shopping: Chinatown, Union Square and Golden Gate Bridge

Monday 29th Oct: Fly to LA, straight to Anaheim to check into Paradise Pier, relax a bit and then into DL for Mickey's Trick or Treat party, which worked perfectly with my planning
Tuesday 30th Oct: DL day #1 using Magic Morning from staying at a Disney hotel, see DL done up for Halloween in all its glory during the day and switching to DCA to watch World of Colour

Wednesday 31st Oct: Off to Hollywood (walk of fame, Chinese theater) need find something to do at night for Halloween
Thursday 1st Nov: Full day around Hollywood using GO LA pass (Warner bros VIP tour, homes tour, Hollywood museum, Madame Tussades)
Friday 2nd Nov: Full day at Universal Studios, having dinner at Hard Rock at City Walk
Saturday 3rd Nov: Full day of shopping at the Beverly Center, also hitting Rodeo Dr and a shop called It's a Wrap
Sunday 4th Nov: Daylight savings is due to end, back to Anaheim to stay at Howard Johnsons, bit of shopping close to the hotel, possibly The Block at Orange

Monday 5th Nov: Sea World tour with pick up for Sam #1 & Bec (Sam 2 & 3 are going to NYC for 5 days, 5th to 9th of Nov)
Tuesday 6th Nov: Relax day after commute to San Diego, bit of shopping, hotel pool ect
Wednesday 7th Nov: DL/DCA #2 full day using Magic Morning on Hopper pass
Thursday 8th Nov: Knott's Berry Farm??? Not sure if we should do Knotts...
Friday 9th Nov: LA Shopping extravaganza tour with hotel pick up (Sam 2 & 3 fly back to LA) again not sure about this.....

Saturday 10th Nov: DCA #3 starting in DL to Mickey's Toontown madness, then off to DCA includes doing Princess Lunch in DCA and then back into DL to watch fireworks and fantasmic
Sunday 11th Nov: Sam 1 & Bec going to Surf's up with Mickey breakfast, then pack up day and last minute shopping in Downtown Disney & Garden walk
Monday 12th Nov: DL/DCA #4 to see DL done up for Christmas, hopefully with enough time to catch the Xmas parade if its started. Then back to the hotel room to get changed and refreshed for a 10.20pm flight from LA to Syd

Tuesday 13th Nov: Technically loose this day flying
Wednesday 14th Nov: Arrive Syd Am, go home and sleep all day/night
Thursday 15th Nov: Just in time to see midnight screening of Breaking Dawn Part 2 with bestie whose not coming on trip, the whole point of needing to come home late on the 12th Nov. Just so I get to see DL at Xmas and still see the last Twilight movie BEFORE the American's in saying that I was a fan of the books almost a year BEFORE the first movie came out, so I'm not a crazy teenage fan just need to see it as soon as humanly possible

Hotels we've booked into
Dallas- Mariott Quorum, 3 nights
Las Vegas- Aria, 4 nights
San Francisco- Hotel Mark Twain, 4 nights
Anaheim #1- Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, 2 nights
Hollywood- Beverly Garland Holiday Inn, 4 nights
Anaheim #2- Howard Johnson’s, 9 nights
(NYC Sam 2 & 3- Holiday Inn Midtown, 5 nights)

I would love peoples opinions of Knott's Berry Farm and of Citadel Outlets, are they worth it or not???

I'm thinking of scrapping Knott's and replacing with a fifth Disney day but Bec who is with me at that time is a coaster freak so I'm not sure HELP! lol

Down to double digits!!! 95 sleeps

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: