Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 01:45 AM   #211
becpee
I see sock puppets
 
becpee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hi from Oz!
Posts: 2,964

Cute boots
becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:52 AM   #212
Travel Mum
DIS Veteran
 
Travel Mum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wellington
Posts: 1,390

Gosh what is your checked baggage allowance?!!
__________________
************************************************** *************************
Walt Disney World - Sep/Oct 2011 our first WDW trip (POR) plus our Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean cruise
Disneyland and DCA - May 2006 - our children's first Disney trip
Disneyland - May 1996
Disneyland - March 1995 - for our 1st wedding anniversary celebration trip
Disneyland lots of times 78-80, 82-86 and 92-93 when I lived in L.A.
Travel Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #213
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer
 
frangipanisam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 316



I'm officially a week and four days in and none are full...yet I have two free checked included on each flight, 3rd bag to LA is about $20? 3rd bag to Sydney is $150 which I knew before I left

I will happily take the queen title, thank you Karen I'll keep you posted of our group progress as we go
frangipanisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #214
Beee
Mouseketeer
 
Beee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 170

That is an impressive amount of luggage for one person...I will keep you in mind when my mr. is complaining about my luggage in december lol
__________________
Me DP & DD12 + &


Last edited by Beee; 10-29-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #215
battymum
DIS Veteran
 
battymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,799

Sam, I am thinking of your friends heading to NYC, are they still able to get there? When were they planning on going?
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:59 PM   #216
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran
 
zanzibar138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,732

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymum View Post
Sam, I am thinking of your friends heading to NYC, are they still able to get there? When were they planning on going?
I've been wondering about this too - been reading the live updates all day and it sounds pretty scary!
__________________


TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & VRBO) PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:13 AM   #217
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer
 
frangipanisam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 316

We haven't seen any news so we don't really know what's happening lol the girls go on the 4th of November so should be right thanks guys
frangipanisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:14 AM   #218
battymum
DIS Veteran
 
battymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,799

They have cancelled 13000 flights on the east coast, don't know when they will resume but there is going to be one huge backload of people to get through. Make sure they check before going to the airport. Insurance will cover any changes cancellations I'm sure. I don't know if NYC is going to be a fun place to be this weekend.
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #219
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer
 
frangipanisam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 316

Wow! We saw some coverage this morning and can't believe the extent of it all. Fingers are crossed it all works out before they go.

Ok so we flew out of San Francisco yesterday, delayed for 2 & a half hours due to fog which sucked! We had been at the airport for five hours by the time we flew out. Anyway when we finally arrived in Anaheim we checked into Paradise Pier love it!!! We got upgraded to a room with a view over California Adventure which is beautiful we slept with the curtains open to see all the lights of the park lol

Last night we did Mickeys trick or treat party and it was amazing!!! We had a blast and scored some photos with villains Frollo, the Queen, Hook and Jafar!!! We just missed out on Malificent but we'll try today we didn't realise were the villains were set up till just before the fireworks so we did well. I filled my handbag in the above photo with lollies so pressies all round! We squeezed in four rides aswell as watching the fireworks & parade, getting in at 6 due to our delays.

Ohh also we got first visit badges, we're celebrating badges, signed princess photos, a Halloween costume photo we need to collect and he is looking for graduation badges for us plus room keys to keep with our names on them lol

Off to Disneyland now for EMH
frangipanisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #220
alicia1506
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,001

Wow sam i am so happy you are enjoying your trip and that you are having so much fun at disneyland.

The news here is that parts of manhattan are underwater, subways are flooded, fires are occuring and parts of manhattan are totally without power -- i know your nyc leg doesnt commence for 5 days but having been through this experience myself when brisbane flooded it might not be fixed within 5 days. If your friends can get a flight both in/out of nyc most of the infrastructure will likely be damaged ie no subway services, loss of power in most areas, reduced transport options etc. I would hate for your friends to get to nyc and then be stuck there or worse stuck in a hotel for the duration or have lost the booking due to outages/unable to accomodate etc.

Fingers crossed for you that they can pull a miracle and have it fixed soon
__________________
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #221
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran
 
zanzibar138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,732

Wow sounds like you're having an awesome time, and for the upgrade!

Regarding New York, I think Alicia's right. I would get the girls to call their flight operator, hotel, and travel insurance company. Get all the info and options and weigh up whether it's still going to be worth going, even if they technically still can. It would be a real shame if they have to miss out, but I can't imagine it would be much fun holidaying in a disaster zone.

In the meantime, enjoy DLR!
__________________


TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & VRBO) PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #222
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran
 
Ms. Shuttergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,041

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangipanisam View Post
Wow! We saw some coverage this morning and can't believe the extent of it all. Fingers are crossed it all works out before they go.

Ok so we flew out of San Francisco yesterday, delayed for 2 & a half hours due to fog which sucked! We had been at the airport for five hours by the time we flew out. Anyway when we finally arrived in Anaheim we checked into Paradise Pier love it!!! We got upgraded to a room with a view over California Adventure which is beautiful we slept with the curtains open to see all the lights of the park lol

Last night we did Mickeys trick or treat party and it was amazing!!! We had a blast and scored some photos with villains Frollo, the Queen, Hook and Jafar!!! We just missed out on Malificent but we'll try today we didn't realise were the villains were set up till just before the fireworks so we did well. I filled my handbag in the above photo with lollies so pressies all round! We squeezed in four rides aswell as watching the fireworks & parade, getting in at 6 due to our delays.

Ohh also we got first visit badges, we're celebrating badges, signed princess photos, a Halloween costume photo we need to collect and he is looking for graduation badges for us plus room keys to keep with our names on them lol

Off to Disneyland now for EMH
Sounds like you are having the most wonderfully amazing time. Keep it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
Wow sam i am so happy you are enjoying your trip and that you are having so much fun at disneyland.

The news here is that parts of manhattan are underwater, subways are flooded, fires are occuring and parts of manhattan are totally without power -- i know your nyc leg doesnt commence for 5 days but having been through this experience myself when brisbane flooded it might not be fixed within 5 days. If your friends can get a flight both in/out of nyc most of the infrastructure will likely be damaged ie no subway services, loss of power in most areas, reduced transport options etc. I would hate for your friends to get to nyc and then be stuck there or worse stuck in a hotel for the duration or have lost the booking due to outages/unable to accomodate etc.

Fingers crossed for you that they can pull a miracle and have it fixed soon
This is great advice. It sounds awful for everyone involved. I sure do hope they get everything sorted out really soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
Wow sounds like you're having an awesome time, and for the upgrade!

Regarding New York, I think Alicia's right. I would get the girls to call their flight operator, hotel, and travel insurance company. Get all the info and options and weigh up whether it's still going to be worth going, even if they technically still can. It would be a real shame if they have to miss out, but I can't imagine it would be much fun holidaying in a disaster zone.

In the meantime, enjoy DLR!
Good advice.
__________________


Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #223
5ofus
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 942

Wow, what a jam-packed first day with the mouse! Awesome I can feel your excitement coming through in your posts
__________________
Me and He , DS1 , DS2 and DS3 makes our family complete

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:39 AM   #224
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer
 
frangipanisam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 316

Today was awesome no other way to describe it!!! We used EMH but Sam #3 has felt off so she joined later. Started the day with castle photos including magic shots and we did well for rides today though, we only have the jungle cruise, astro blasters, autopia, buzz & innovations plus the ones that are down lol I think big thunder is my fav so far but man we got a good pic on splash mountain, you can see terror all over my face

we doubled up on photos with the Queen & Hook which was frustrating when they don't tell you the character but oh well, also got Halloween Mickey, Minnie & Goofy

Tried a Mickey ice cream sandwich, yummo!!! Also got my last six ear hat ornaments so can tick that off my list! We split burgers & fries at the hungry bear for lunch and had pizza while watching World of Colour from our hotel room!!! Best timing ever, we just got settled on the back of the lounge as it started such an amazing view & so different to what we'll see in the park! The colours are simply spectacular & to watch from basically a birds eye view was awesome

Wish we could stay at Paradise Pier longer, it's simply heaven! Going up to Hollywood tomorrow, the girls are ringing up re:NYC tomorrow but looks like they could be staying with us now so will update you when we know. Off to bed ladies, my feet are dead & I slightly jarred my ankle on Tom Sawyer island walking across a barrel bridge and thanks for all of the advice
frangipanisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:31 AM   #225
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran
 
WAMUMOF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,879

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangipanisam View Post
Today was awesome no other way to describe it!!! We used EMH but Sam #3 has felt off so she joined later. Started the day with castle photos including magic shots and we did well for rides today though, we only have the jungle cruise, astro blasters, autopia, buzz & innovations plus the ones that are down lol I think big thunder is my fav so far but man we got a good pic on splash mountain, you can see terror all over my face

we doubled up on photos with the Queen & Hook which was frustrating when they don't tell you the character but oh well, also got Halloween Mickey, Minnie & Goofy

Tried a Mickey ice cream sandwich, yummo!!! Also got my last six ear hat ornaments so can tick that off my list! We split burgers & fries at the hungry bear for lunch and had pizza while watching World of Colour from our hotel room!!! Best timing ever, we just got settled on the back of the lounge as it started such an amazing view & so different to what we'll see in the park! The colours are simply spectacular & to watch from basically a birds eye view was awesome

Wish we could stay at Paradise Pier longer, it's simply heaven! Going up to Hollywood tomorrow, the girls are ringing up re:NYC tomorrow but looks like they could be staying with us now so will update you when we know. Off to bed ladies, my feet are dead & I slightly jarred my ankle on Tom Sawyer island walking across a barrel bridge and thanks for all of the advice
Sounds like you had a wonderful day i love the idea of the bird eye view of the World of colour, Hope the girls get NYC sorted as others have said it would not be fun to be there right now, Hope your ankle heals quickly
__________________
Disneyland July 2010 Disneyworld August 2011
2012 Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.