Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 02:28 AM   #136
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Happy single digits Not long now
Old 10-10-2012, 07:03 AM   #137
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

It's the night for nightmares I tell you. Long story short our TA has called & harassed Bec again today in regards to us asking the Penrith office for assistance and I've found out that poor Sam #2 has been getting tension headaches the last three days from the anxiety & stress

The three of them are off to the Penrith office tomorrow afternoon as the manager has semi taken it over & has been dealing with the TA and that's caused the latest rude phone call from him.

Gahhhh I'm so pissed off on my way to bed now after finding out the way he spoke to Bec (who is deadset the loveliest person out, wouldn't hurt a fly) and that there is still no apology from him. Then to read in here about Becpee's nightmare with Delta why Disney gods?? What has the ANZAC board done to you??

Ohhh I don't think I shared the news with you guys that Bec asked me to be her Maid of Honour last week at least I have wedding planning to look forward to when I get back lol stupid TA has taken over my replies on here!

8 sleeps, night all
frangipanisam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 07:06 AM   #138
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138
Woohoo for the single digit dance

AND... a possible massage Sounds like it will be just what you need to relax you for your trip after the stresses of planning and dealing with your less than capable TA.
I'll be ringing tomorrow to lock it in now for sure after tonight's effort!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #139
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

Ok update on our TA situation. We went to Penrith on Thursday to collect our updated transfer vouchers and the original TA sent out a package to Sam #2 which arrived on Thursday.

So we found that he did not update any of the transfer times I went into change over two weeks ago so I'm glad that I got them changed at Penrith last Sunday.

Also the hotel he didn't book for us in Hollywood? Yeah he decided to "upgrade" us to a completely different hotel instead without consulting us Now it is a nice hotel but proves his incompetence, because he swore to me that he had booked it but it wasn't showing up on the Penrith system...if he had booked it why not upgrade us at THAT hotel instead of switching us

Overall I'm just glad to have all the blo0dy documents and we've told the Penrith manager we will not be dealing with him if something happens over there and she said we can call her, no problems. A proper complaint will be filed when we get back. Funniest thing, in his email he said "If you have any questions or concerns I implore you to contact myself regarding anything no matter how small or trivial you may think it is." Trivial!!! Trying to get our paperwork for 7 weeks is not trivial and he couldn't manage that

Now important question, on the flight itinerary we just recieved it is listing our SYD to LAX flight with Virgin Australia, on a Virgin Australia plane as including dinner and breakfast as expected for a 14 hour flight.

BUT our LAX to SYD with Virgin Australia, on a DELTA codeshare it is only listing dinner it's a 10.30pm, 15 hour flight. Is that normal or should I be ringing up Virgin Australia to see whats going on, we've paid for Virgin Australia tickets so I though we'd be entitled to the same things that we would get on a Virgin Australia plane or should I tweet Delta because its their plane or has anyone recently flew the LAX to SYD route on the 10.30pm Virgin Australia/Delta codeshare?

I wish I could relax and get really excited but this is just bugging me

Upside I'm packing tomorrow and having my graduation dinner with my family tonight

5 sleeps
Old 10-13-2012, 02:23 AM   #140
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

So the TA disaster is still not over Why Mr TA, why???

So the latest in the saga is that he has completely stuffed up the NYC transfers for Sam #2 & Sam #3. He has managed to book their transfers for the WRONG hotel at the WRONG time with the WRONG flight details

Sam #2 is ready to become a pirate, clown ninja and kick his butt to Timbuktu! Back to get them fixed tomorrow and attempt to keep a level head.

Just more ammunition to add to our complaint and Sam #2 wants to demand a refund on their NYC transfers, our Hollywood transfers and Hollywood hotel when we get back HIGHLY unlikely but we can try for something I guess After all we did not ask to change hotels and it will now cost us (how every small ) to get up to Universal Studios which was included in our original hotel.

I need a Thank goodness I'm going out for dinner tonight with the fam-bam and will not be paying

Stay tuned, fingers crossed this is the last installment of the Incompetent Male TA

I've booked in for a 90 minute full body massage for Wednesday just after lunch so I can totally relax, ready to go I'll pack last minute things, exchange last lot of cash, grab lunch and then total bliss and relaxation followed by my last Disney movie in my countdown, Tangled

Love seeing my ticker say 5 DAYS!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 02:46 AM   #141
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangipanisam
Ok update on our TA situation. We went to Penrith on Thursday to collect our updated transfer vouchers and the original TA sent out a package to Sam #2 which arrived on Thursday.

So we found that he did not update any of the transfer times I went into change over two weeks ago so I'm glad that I got them changed at Penrith last Sunday.

Also the hotel he didn't book for us in Hollywood? Yeah he decided to "upgrade" us to a completely different hotel instead without consulting us Now it is a nice hotel but proves his incompetence, because he swore to me that he had booked it but it wasn't showing up on the Penrith system...if he had booked it why not upgrade us at THAT hotel instead of switching us

Overall I'm just glad to have all the blo0dy documents and we've told the Penrith manager we will not be dealing with him if something happens over there and she said we can call her, no problems. A proper complaint will be filed when we get back. Funniest thing, in his email he said "If you have any questions or concerns I implore you to contact myself regarding anything no matter how small or trivial you may think it is." Trivial!!! Trying to get our paperwork for 7 weeks is not trivial and he couldn't manage that

Now important question, on the flight itinerary we just recieved it is listing our SYD to LAX flight with Virgin Australia, on a Virgin Australia plane as including dinner and breakfast as expected for a 14 hour flight.

BUT our LAX to SYD with Virgin Australia, on a DELTA codeshare it is only listing dinner it's a 10.30pm, 15 hour flight. Is that normal or should I be ringing up Virgin Australia to see whats going on, we've paid for Virgin Australia tickets so I though we'd be entitled to the same things that we would get on a Virgin Australia plane or should I tweet Delta because its their plane or has anyone recently flew the LAX to SYD route on the 10.30pm Virgin Australia/Delta codeshare?

I wish I could relax and get really excited but this is just bugging me

Upside I'm packing tomorrow and having my graduation dinner with my family tonight

5 sleeps
Don't worry they will feed you dinner and breakfast, but we always take snacks as well......they also have a self serve bar for chips etc.....

Hope it all works out, that is why when we find a great TA we hold on to them....
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:34 AM   #142
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Blimey, that travel agent sounds terrible!

5days though! Gotta love that

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #143
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

Quick question, most hotels will give you extra bath towels if requested right? I don't want to pack a small hair towel if I can get an extra towel for the room instead
Old 10-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #144
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

Okay I have finished the pressie packs

This is what I've gotten for each of them its Bec's pack but some things are different colours for the others
(pink for Sam #3 and red for Sam #2)

These are the little notepads I decorated for each of them, trying to stick to a Disney theme

Just packed my suitcase, with only toiletries to go in the day before and two pairs of pants I had to get hemmed at the dry cleaners

4 sleeps!!!

Last edited by frangipanisam; 10-14-2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Trying to resize photos =)
Old 10-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #145
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Ooooooooh, those pressies look good and I am sure the girls will get a kick out of them! And think you are a real sweetie for thinking of them too!

We have finally hit single digits today and have 9 sleeps to go! It's so exciting when it happens! And look at you, only 4 sleeps to go!!!! We are all going to have soooooooooooo much fun!

I pretty much have the last minute new toothbrushes etc kind of thngs to do and DD wants a new pair of cargo's as the weather has not cooled off much! I think I may throw in a pair of three quarter pants myself

I have a 30 day weather chart in my favourites and so far we are looking at having 3 days of light showers while we are there. However, that could change as when I first added it about 7 weeks ago it said it was going to be rainy the day we got there, but that has since changed to sunny! It does say it is going to remain steady in the 80's though so we are looking at some warm days!!!

I don't really mind what the weather does though, after all, we will be in Disneyland!!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #146
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

Thanks Minnie Sue I've fixed the second photo now so its actually clear! I had trouble making it smaller yesterday and somehow it ended up tiny

WOO HOO! Yay to the single digit dance that is so exciting! I bet you girls are starting bounce of the walls like I am

Ohh I have look up the weather for all of our cities, one thing I haven't gotten around too

I just did aother Disney store order It was stuff on my to buy list and I saved around $70 odd, depending on exactly how much the exchange fee turns out to be

There is a retired Precious Moments Finding Nemo snowglobe on eBay I'm eyeing off but I'll do that over there and a few Jim Shore figurines off his website Other then that I won't be doing any more parcles to poor Hojo's if only a CM at Paradise Pier could understand my question about parcles, I'm never convinced they understand what I mean and would rather stick with Hojo's as they've been wonderful!

Sam #2 & Sam #3 have now fixed their transfers and found that Sam #2 was not listed as a vegetarian on the international flights and the seats we'd picked had disappared and somehow we'd been listed as seperate travellers rather then a group just more ammunition So Sam #2 rang Virgin directly and spoke to a lovely Indian gentleman who allocated us seats together, two window and middle seats directly behind/in front of each other

3 Sleeps
Old 10-15-2012, 05:05 AM   #147
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

I just can't get over the sheer incomptence of that man ( to call him a travel agent would be an insult to other travel agents!!! )

Yep, we are starting to go a little stir crazy round here! I have nothing left to organise so I spend all my time on the Disneyland site and the DIS!!!

I am staying right away from the Disney Store site as I too need to give the poor old Ho Jo a break from signing for my parcels I must agree with you though, the staff there have been super accomodating. We loved staying there last time, they really were wonderful It's going to be like Christmas when we get there and I am looking forward to opening all our boxes. DD has no idea I have ordered any of it!!!

I think we will have a different shirt for every day we are there

Just remembered to add a new memory card to my shopping list!!!

3 sleeps................yay
Old 10-15-2012, 06:47 AM   #148
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

omg, not long to go now sam & you too, minnie sue

i hope that you both have amazingly wonderful trips, full of magic and pixie dust and just crazy awesomeness.

bec, i am so, so sorry that your guy-who-works-for-a-travel-agency turned out to be an incompetent moron -- it really seems that he just is incapable of carrying out the most basic of tasks i truly hope that it doesn't detract from your trip or cause any disruptions to what i am sure will be a trip of a lifetime

good luck, and happy single digit dance

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #149
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

So just finished packing my toiletries & only have handbag items to throw in on Thursday getting very excited now!!!

My lovely parents surprised me with $1000 spending money as a graduation gift yesterday so sweet considering the awful financial situation they've been in the last 6 years (on the up now at least!). Thinking of looking for a nice piece of jewellery, Tiffany's maybe?

Worked my last day today with kindy & we discussed things we wait for in religion and Halloween came up so I took off on a tangent about my trip and where/ who I will be for Halloween they loved it but we had to get back to work lol

Got my legs waxed today, for a first timer not too bad, thought it was funny though because during the appointment at the beauticians house I found out I had taught her son all day in kindy he was slightly confused when I walked past him to leave lol

1 movie left on my countdown for tomorrow night, Tangled have to get my travel card tomorrow no matter what the exchange rate it, fingers crossed it stays put or goes up, then off to blissful heaven for a massage

Then stopping at Bec's to weight my suitcase with her travel scales please be under!

2 sleeps
Old 10-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #150
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangipanisam
So just finished packing my toiletries & only have handbag items to throw in on Thursday getting very excited now!!!

My lovely parents surprised me with $1000 spending money as a graduation gift yesterday so sweet considering the awful financial situation they've been in the last 6 years (on the up now at least!). Thinking of looking for a nice piece of jewellery, Tiffany's maybe?

Worked my last day today with kindy & we discussed things we wait for in religion and Halloween came up so I took off on a tangent about my trip and where/ who I will be for Halloween they loved it but we had to get back to work lol

Got my legs waxed today, for a first timer not too bad, thought it was funny though because during the appointment at the beauticians house I found out I had taught her son all day in kindy he was slightly confused when I walked past him to leave lol

1 movie left on my countdown for tomorrow night, Tangled have to get my travel card tomorrow no matter what the exchange rate it, fingers crossed it stays put or goes up, then off to blissful heaven for a massage

Then stopping at Bec's to weight my suitcase with her travel scales please be under!

2 sleeps
Wow, I can feel your excitement! Have a fabulous time!

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: