Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #31
connie005
Mouseketeer

well its been 2 weeks since her last treatment and all is well yayyy
usually it tends to show signs of coming back a week later so now theres not a sign.

i have been looking through alot of sites about disney and showing the kids we are learning alot of tips and tricks its so much fun!!

i love looking at everyones pictures and just seeing the smiles they have.
but the question i have is photopass what is it and how to use it and if it costs money??
connie005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #32
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie005 View Post
well its been 2 weeks since her last treatment and all is well yayyy
usually it tends to show signs of coming back a week later so now theres not a sign.

i have been looking through alot of sites about disney and showing the kids we are learning alot of tips and tricks its so much fun!!

i love looking at everyones pictures and just seeing the smiles they have.
but the question i have is photopass what is it and how to use it and if it costs money??
WONDERFUL news!!!!

I know that Disney was giving the families that stayed at GKTW free Photopasss CDs(how do you pluralize Photopass????). I'm not sure if they still do? How it works is you get a card (you can just ask the Photopass Photographers for one), like a credit card and there are Photopass Photographers stationed all around Disney. You walk up to them and ask them to take your picture, then hand them your card. After they take your pictures, they scan your card. You can then make an account online (at Disneyphotopass.com ) and you put the card number into the account and you can view all your pictures. With the CD, you will get all the pictures that the Photopass photographers take. You can also deocrate them online. The kids always like doing that. Make sure you take a picture of write down the Photopass number, incase you lose it. You can have more than one Photopass card too, just input all the card numbers you have on your account. So, if you happen to misplace the card you were using or some of your group splits up and they don't have one, just ask the Photographer for another one.

Hope that clears it up instead of making it more confusing!
teresajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #33
connie005
Mouseketeer

thanks Teresajoy it clears up alot

so I was talking with my daughter she loves scrapbooking we were trying to figure out great ways to save souvenirs for her scrapbooking she wants to do one for disney we were thinking about maps , napkins etc .
anyone else have any cool ideas?
Old 07-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #34
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:

so I was talking with my daughter she loves scrapbooking we were trying to figure out great ways to save souvenirs for her scrapbooking she wants to do one for disney we were thinking about maps , napkins etc .
Honestly, I'm no good at that kind of thing! Maybe your GAC?
teresajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #35
Bete
DIS Veteran

I have a few ideas

Quote:

AAA has a nice booklet you can get; you can get one at their office wherever you live. It's about 24 pages or so. If you can go to an Orlando tourist office and pick up brochures there.

Get postcards and try to get ones that are personal--rides or shows that you have done there. Get extra fast passes that you don't use or keep those you don't end up using. You will get a packet at check in and there will be items there that you can use.

I would absolutely do the Epcot passport. A cast member from each country will write something in their language and stamp your book. The Creative board here has free passports you can do and print at home. You can buy a Disney passport at Epcot if you want the official one.

The Creative Board has many items you can print for your scrapbook. Some of the creative geniuses on that board will even personalize items for you.
Bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #36
stasijane
Crazed one

Fastpasses, your actual passes after your done with the trip. You could maybe use part of a Button if you get one?
Old 07-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #37
crashbb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasijane View Post
Fastpasses, your actual passes after your done with the trip. You could maybe use part of a Button if you get one?
You have to hand over your fastpasses when you use them.
crashbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #38
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbb View Post
You have to hand over your fastpasses when you use them.

I agree with the Epcot Passport. We have had 5 different teenaged foreign exchange students. Even they liked the Passports.

Some shops at WDW have scrapbooking supplies. I would not neccessarily get a whole scrapbook, but you can find some special stickers and items that show things like characters and icons for different attractions.
You can also make your own stickers by finding pictures on the Internet or taking your own pictures and then printing them on sticker paper.

You could also ask for menus at full service places you eat. The server normally collects them when taking your order, but would most likely let you keep them if you explain the reason you are collecting them.

Collect a bunch of maps from each park. That way, you can cut them up to scrapbook with them.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #39
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

Hi Connie, I sent you a PM. I know you guys will have a terrific time.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15, Fall 2016
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #40
connie005
Mouseketeer

Thank you guys so much for your ideas
I don't have a creative bone in my body lol so i am so happy to get ideas.

this week in montrea canada it was so nice and sunny that i got a sunburn on my legs and ohhhh does it burn lol

see you guys soon
Old 07-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #41
connie005
Mouseketeer

We did our passport pictures today
one more step towards our trip. it feels so real right now.

disney in october here we come!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #42
connie005
Mouseketeer

Here is another update everyone is doing great so that is good news
For the last couple of days i have been talking to amanda and she is our resident picture taker so i asked her what kind of pictures and how many does she think she will take on our trip. So she replies hundreds lol.
Then she said she wanted a scrapbook for each park.

I have been on the war path in every store trying to find disney items for scrapbooking it has been rough but i found a couple of things some stickers,some papers but they didn't have a large selection. I found a princess scrapbook and 3 picture frames. Not bad for quebec lol.

Well thats my news for today see you soon
Old 07-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #43
eternaldisneyfan
Have an Attitude of Gratitude!
*sadly, no emoticons because my pix max out the limit-my words will have to stand alone*

my wish trip was to disney world. you can get character's signatures, too. you get a front of the line pass so no lines. you also get spending money.

Boo'd!! Frosted , Snowed , Ho ho'd Tree'd!
"Everything in life is a choice. Even if the only choice we have is the attitude with which we embrace each moment." Mattie Stepanek
eternaldisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #44
connie005
Mouseketeer

Hi guys just here to say amanda had her doctors appointment today and all is well they scheduled an MRI just to see if she has anymore inflammation near her eyes and brain but just looking at her and they way she improved from last time they definately see a huge hange and doubt that it got worse but they are doing it just for precautions. we were so happy that the doctor was happy we went for ice cream yayyyy.

we did a bit of pre disney shopping but got really sad cause we couldn't find anything maybe a couple of stickers and a shirt but thats it ughhhh.we will have to wait for disney to disney shop
Old 07-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #45
maroo
DIS Veteran

Hello!

I found your report!

Yes - GKTW, as far as I know, is still giving a free Photopass to every wish family. I believe they give you a card - so definitely write down the number like teresajoy suggested. And if you lose that one, don't worry - you can get a new card every single day of your trip - but you need to write down all of the numbers.

I think it is a good idea, especially if your family ever splits up to do different rides, etc - so give each adult in your group a Photopass card so that they can capture any moments that happen while you are not with the rest of your group. We had an "issue" with this on Lauren's trip - where Lauren's Mom didn't realize we had pre-paid for a Photopass (Wish families could pre-buy them back in 2008) and we missed all the pics from her meal at Cinderella's Royal Table.

I actually take pictures of my Photopass cards so that I can reference that in case I lose the card AND where I wrote it down. Not that I would ever do that....

The only other thing I was thinking is that you shouldn't need any Fast Passes - your Wish button and Wish Trip GAC should be enough to get you through the lines fairly quickly (usually)...
maroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: