Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #1
Barefoot Princess
Earning My Ears

Gluten/Dairy/Nut-free friendly Counter Service Restaurants Suggestions?

Hello,

A friend of mine and I are traveling to WDW in few weeks. My friend is on a pretty strict Gluten/dairy/nut-free diet - she also doesn't like any seafood or something very ethnic. I've been to WDW last year with my DS who has some minor food allergies (egg & milk but other than that he eats everything), and I found that the Table Service restaurants at Disney are fantastic for accomodating guests with allergies, but counter service restaurants were a bit different. For us with DS's allergies, it wasn't that hard to accomodate since it's not that restrictive, but with my friend's I'd imagine it would a lot harder.

Does anyone have any recommendation on counter service restaurants that would be good? I don't think she wants to eat at too many table service restaurants and I don't want her to feel like she has nothing to eat there.

Thank you!

"And though she be but little, she is fierce!" ~William Shakespeare~
Barefoot Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

Here's my recommendations for CS in the parks.

MK: Columbia Harbour House (chicken tenders & fries should be safe) or Cosmic Ray's (chicken, ribs & fries should be safe among other things), Lunching Pad (turkey leg with chips)
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons (so many, many options), US pavillion (chicken tenders, burgers with Udi's bun, steak, fries), Mexico (soft tacos)
DHS: I think that all but the pizza place have chicken tenders with fries, plus there's turkey legs and fruit
AK: Flame Tree BBQ (chicken, ribs, fries), turkey legs

Resort CS will have additional options. We tend to eat a lot of our CS meals at our resort and eat TS in the parks but what I listed above is what we stick with in the parks when we do want CS.

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
Barefoot Princess
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much! Sunshine Seasons sounds lovely - we never got to try there last year.

"And though she be but little, she is fierce!" ~William Shakespeare~
Barefoot Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: