Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #976
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
From your lips to Gods ears.
Did they work on the door yet or they doing that later tonight?
Old 09-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #977
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Did they work on the door yet or they doing that later tonight?

What a loaded question. My neighbor that was helping us is very sick. He has cancer and in good conscience I cannot ask him to help Loren install the door. Scotty has never installed a door so we decided to have it installed. We are going to postpone our trip until probably next June. I am okay with this. It's not like there will never be another trip. Plus we will be getting a new freezer.

We decided that Scotty will still take the days off and we will do day trips and picnics. We'll have fun anyway.

I am a firm believer in there is a reason for everything, and that God lays the path.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #978
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39
Ladies,

I am so stressed beyond belief. You could even say I am stressed to tears. Our front door broke today, and being frugal Loren and I decided that he would try and hang a new door. One because we paid Lowes to put in our backdoor and frankly they didn't do it right. I buy a door mistakenly believing that a door is a a standard thing. I mean face it they sell two sizes 32 inches and 36. Well it is not true. Our door that came out of the frame is 36 inches, the one we bought today was 36 but, it doesn't fit. Of course on such a day Scotty is at work, so I call a neighbor. Frank kindly comes over to help us, we clear up the problem, clearly it should fit now. Twenty minutes later I am back on the phone with Frank. He comes back and help Loren again. Surely it will hang now right? NO!!

So I do what I should have done to begin with and I try to find a professional. Goodbye trip, I see it flying out the window. I am well aware that at 4pm the prices are going to be skyhigh. So I call a door place, he gives me two contractors names. Neither of them want to give me the time of day. Put a piece of plywood up one of them tells me. Bite me I want to tell him. So I call Frank again to ask him if he can recommend someone else. He recommends that we try to hang the old door for overnight and then tomorrow morning return the first door and buy a pre-hung door. Then he and Loren will be hanging the pre-hung door tomorrow. I owe this man so much. I cannot believe what we have been through today. I feel like I have been rode hard an put away wet. Not a pretty picture.
So sorry. I admit I know nothing about doors either. I would think it should be simple, too. Hopefully you can get it figured out.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #979
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:

What a loaded question. My neighbor that was helping us is very sick. He has cancer and in good conscience I cannot ask him to help Loren install the door. Scotty has never installed a door so we decided to have it installed. We are going to postpone our trip until probably next June. I am okay with this. It's not like there will never be another trip. Plus we will be getting a new freezer.

We decided that Scotty will still take the days off and we will do day trips and picnics. We'll have fun anyway.

I am a firm believer in there is a reason for everything, and that God lays the path.
Ugh, a new freezer and door...

Day trips sound great...maybe you can even Priceline a hotel and spend a night or two somewhere close by, just to get away. Jerry and I did that for a town only 20 minutes from us, but was still nice to have clean room , fresh sheets and that get away feeling.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:23 PM   #980
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
So sorry. I admit I know nothing about doors either. I would think it should be simple, too. Hopefully you can get it figured out.

I am still waiting on the repairman to contact me. I am not thrilled with Lowe's right now.

Quote:
Ugh, a new freezer and door...

Day trips sound great...maybe you can even Priceline a hotel and spend a night or two somewhere close by, just to get away. Jerry and I did that for a town only 20 minutes from us, but was still nice to have clean room , fresh sheets and that get away feeling.

Maybe an overnight stay. I love day trips, I would love to stay on the coast. How soon would I want to contact Priceline?
Old 09-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #981
Marshay

Quote:

I am still waiting on the repairman to contact me. I am not thrilled with Lowe's right now.

Maybe an overnight stay. I love day trips, I would love to stay on the coast. How soon would I want to contact Priceline?
For Priceline, you need to do your research. Find out where you want to go and look at surrounding areas just a bit further away. Then see how much it costs to book directly with hotel. Say it's $80. Then bid on Priceline about $40. You'll probably get rejected so you just increase bid or change location every few days until you get something. So you need to give yourself time to try. Or you can just start higher but I'm just a cheapskate and like to save money.

They make you wait between bids. Also once accepted they charge your card and you cannot get a refund. You can also request a 2 star or 3 or 4 star place (even a 1*).

I like them and found great deals if you don't mind waiting and "gambling" a bit.

My best deal was $28 for a La Quinta in Orlando with free breakfast in spring. Another one was $70 for a hotel less than 5 minutes from Hersheypark in the middle of summer (others were charging over $200!)

Some people don't like Priceline but if you do it right, you can save a lot. There are websites showing how PL works and what people have recently gotten for their bids.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #982
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
For Priceline, you need to do your research. Find out where you want to go and look at surrounding areas just a bit further away. Then see how much it costs to book directly with hotel. Say it's $80. Then bid on Priceline about $40. You'll probably get rejected so you just increase bid or change location every few days until you get something. So you need to give yourself time to try. Or you can just start higher but I'm just a cheapskate and like to save money.

They make you wait between bids. Also once accepted they charge your card and you cannot get a refund. You can also request a 2 star or 3 or 4 star place (even a 1*).

I like them and found great deals if you don't mind waiting and "gambling" a bit.

My best deal was $28 for a La Quinta in Orlando with free breakfast in spring. Another one was $70 for a hotel less than 5 minutes from Hersheypark in the middle of summer (others were charging over $200!)

Some people don't like Priceline but if you do it right, you can save a lot. There are websites showing how PL works and what people have recently gotten for their bids.

Okay, I get it. Thank you. I will check it out then. Who knows?
Old 09-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #983
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post

aww. Poor man. I don't blame ya.

That stinks Chele.

But I am glad you can have a positive attitude about it and day trips sounds great.

I like Marsha idea of an overnight stay, just to get away.

Keep us posted on what u decide to end up doing

Old 09-20-2012, 11:07 PM   #984
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
aww. Poor man. I don't blame ya.

That stinks Chele.

But I am glad you can have a positive attitude about it and day trips sounds great.

I like Marsha idea of an overnight stay, just to get away.

Keep us posted on what u decide to end up doing

Frank is Loren's bff Vincent's dad.

I like to make lemonade instead of crying over it.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #985
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

Ahhh Chele!! Now I see what you meant about buying a door! So sorry tht happened but you got the right idea. I love Priceline! In june when the kiddos went to youthcamp I got a hotel in New Orleans for ether $65 or $70 a night at a Hilton and last year I got a room for $40 a night that was regular $120 and I'e done other deals. I'm getting our room for Sea World thru them. They don't have my price yet so I'll try again in the morning. Whatever I get I'll take then.

OFFICIAL DISLAND DIRECTOR OF INSPIRATION

Wish Trippers Unite home Page
"Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind." Dr.SEUSS

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. PSALM 121:1-2

Please Don't Take Your Organs to Heaven.
Heaven Knows We Need Them Here!
LeeLee2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #986
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

Sorry didn't mean to sound short but you know Chele I already freaked when you said ya'll weren't getting to go. Now i understand. Who knows? You may get an unexpected blessing and get to go before June!! I pray that happens!!

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. PSALM 121:1-2

Old 10-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #987
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

Oh my brain!!! it wasn't New Orleans it was Baton Rouge we stayed at this year!!!
I'e had to do some serious rearanging of our trip this week. Money is always tight but it's very tight right now. I've had some extra epense and now I have to buy a new tire! UGH We are still going to go wedand come home sat. We just aren't getting to do Sea World Fri. We are only going to do the Homeschool day which is educational with no rides etc but should still be fun. Then we will do the Alamo Imax and go to the Alamo. Sat on the way hme we are going to a reinactmentthere. We will also do Ripleys believe it or not and Ripleys 4D ride theater. Possibly go to Wonderworld which has an anti gravity house, caverns, wildlife petting zoo and observation tower. Wed we are going to just hang out at the Hotel when we get there and enjoy it. I'm bringing things we can eat in the room and we'll only eat out once a day so that should save right there. Even if we don't get to do everything it will be fun just to get away!
We need this right now. Tyler is better but he still has some serious health issues and with Braetons mitochondrial disease hanging over my head evn with him acting o.k. right now we need a less stress atmosphere!
I hope all of you are doing good. I have to get back on here more often!!!

Old 10-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #988
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLee2U View Post
Ahhh Chele!! Now I see what you meant about buying a door! So sorry tht happened but you got the right idea. I love Priceline! In june when the kiddos went to youthcamp I got a hotel in New Orleans for ether $65 or $70 a night at a Hilton and last year I got a room for $40 a night that was regular $120 and I'e done other deals. I'm getting our room for Sea World thru them. They don't have my price yet so I'll try again in the morning. Whatever I get I'll take then.

Great deals Leah
Quote:
Sorry didn't mean to sound short but you know Chele I already freaked when you said ya'll weren't getting to go. Now i understand. Who knows? You may get an unexpected blessing and get to go before June!! I pray that happens!!
That would be great if chele did

Quote:
Oh my brain!!! it wasn't New Orleans it was Baton Rouge we stayed at this year!!!
I'e had to do some serious rearanging of our trip this week. Money is always tight but it's very tight right now. I've had some extra epense and now I have to buy a new tire! UGH We are still going to go wedand come home sat. We just aren't getting to do Sea World Fri. We are only going to do the Homeschool day which is educational with no rides etc but should still be fun. Then we will do the Alamo Imax and go to the Alamo. Sat on the way hme we are going to a reinactmentthere. We will also do Ripleys believe it or not and Ripleys 4D ride theater. Possibly go to Wonderworld which has an anti gravity house, caverns, wildlife petting zoo and observation tower. Wed we are going to just hang out at the Hotel when we get there and enjoy it. I'm bringing things we can eat in the room and we'll only eat out once a day so that should save right there. Even if we don't get to do everything it will be fun just to get away!
We need this right now. Tyler is better but he still has some serious health issues and with Braetons mitochondrial disease hanging over my head evn with him acting o.k. right now we need a less stress atmosphere!
That sounds like a great trip, Leah, no matter what you guys end up doing.

How is Tyler feeling? What do the doctors say?

I am glad you are getting away with your boys. You all deserve some fun
Old 10-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #989
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I am okay with it. The door is what is important.

Quote:

I didn't think you were being short. I think the Lord has his plans for us all.

Quote:

It sounds like you all will have fun. I pray that the boys health is taken care of.

Quote:
Great deals Leah

That would be great if chele did

That sounds like a great trip, Leah, no matter what you guys end up doing.

How is Tyler feeling? What do the doctors say?

I am glad you are getting away with your boys. You all deserve some fun
Yes, she does.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #990
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

YEE HAW!!!! I got us a room at Holiday Inn Express for $44!
We are still waiting for insurance to kick in on Tyler so hecan go to the GI clinic. His meds are working and he is much better. He just really has to watch what he eats. He is excited aboout this week. We go tomorrow to get Braetons eyes checked out!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: