Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #781
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Ugh good luck! Getting older is scary but making it more difficult on your loved ones doesn't do anyone any good.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 07-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #782
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13
Ugh good luck! Getting older is scary but making it more difficult on your loved ones doesn't do anyone any good.

I went downstairs to take her after telling her last night that we would go first thing in the morning and she tells me "oh I just got up. You want to go now?" I was so frustrated I told her we would go later. Argh!!

Just playing on my phone!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #783
Leger13
DIS Veteran

That is ridiculous. Not like you have all day to be waiting on her.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #784
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I think it is fear. I get to take her to the pharmacy today. Her prescription didn't get filled. I get to go translate, which means I get to talk for her. I now have a fourth child.

I can so relate to that

My dad is a diabetic and continued to drink and drink

would not listen

Now I had to place him in a nursing home

Who knows if he will ever get better

he only 65....Ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post

agreed
Old 07-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #785
davmill
Mouseketeer

Just reading all this stuff helps make me realize, once again, how blessed I am with my mom. She is 83, lives on her own, drives everywhere, goes to her own appointments, and everything else. I just have to visit, go to lunch or something, etc. The only thing I really have to do different is walk slower, piece of cake.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #786
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
I can so relate to that

My dad is a diabetic and continued to drink and drink

would not listen

Now I had to place him in a nursing home

Who knows if he will ever get better

he only 65....Ridiculous

agreed
Oh that's rough. I hope we don't get tot that point here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davmill View Post
Just reading all this stuff helps make me realize, once again, how blessed I am with my mom. She is 83, lives on her own, drives everywhere, goes to her own appointments, and everything else. I just have to visit, go to lunch or something, etc. The only thing I really have to do different is walk slower, piece of cake.
Hello and welcome!!

You are lucky. My grandpa was like your mom. He lived to 99, although he started to lose his eyesight he lived alone until he got ill at 99. He was an amazing man.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #787
kaoden39
Hugs

I decided that I would expedite matters and call the pharmacy to clear up the prescription problem. I was put on hold for 10 minutes. Their timing not mine. I played online while I waited on hold. I finally get a person and she tells me that my moms doctor put a hold on her medicine unless she comes in to see her. Lovely! Not! So I explain that is all well and good but my mom is now out of one the pills and needs it now while we wait for an appointment. Customer service tells me that she is going to connect me with the pharmacist. So more on hold. The pharmacist tells me that he is sending the Dr a message saying that my mom needs pills now!! So I now had to arrange her doctors appointment and I have to go with her. Guess who is getting her ears looked at while she is there? That's right!! This has become a real problem the last few weeks so I am hoping it is an easy cure. Wish me luck!
Old 07-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #788
Leger13
DIS Veteran

What an ordeal!!! Glad you have an opportunity to get her ears looked at now.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #789
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13
What an ordeal!!! Glad you have an opportunity to get her ears looked at now.

I am pleased with that but very angry with the Dr. She needs her high blood pressure medicine and with holding her medicine unless she made an appoinment could have caused a stroke.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #790
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Oh that's rough. I hope we don't get tot that point here.

Hello and welcome!!

You are lucky. My grandpa was like your mom. He lived to 99, although he started to lose his eyesight he lived alone until he got ill at 99. He was an amazing man.
I hope you do not either

Quote:
I decided that I would expedite matters and call the pharmacy to clear up the prescription problem. I was put on hold for 10 minutes. Their timing not mine. I played online while I waited on hold. I finally get a person and she tells me that my moms doctor put a hold on her medicine unless she comes in to see her. Lovely! Not! So I explain that is all well and good but my mom is now out of one the pills and needs it now while we wait for an appointment. Customer service tells me that she is going to connect me with the pharmacist. So more on hold. The pharmacist tells me that he is sending the Dr a message saying that my mom needs pills now!! So I now had to arrange her doctors appointment and I have to go with her. Guess who is getting her ears looked at while she is there? That's right!! This has become a real problem the last few weeks so I am hoping it is an easy cure. Wish me luck!
Quote:
I am pleased with that but very angry with the Dr. She needs her high blood pressure medicine and with holding her medicine unless she made an appoinment could have caused a stroke.

UGH

Kind of a blesssing in disguise on one hand, now she HAS to go to doctor and you can get her hearing checking

But like you said, dangerous on the other hand

The doctor should have okayed a weeks worth at least until she could get in for that appt
Old 07-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #791
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I hope you do not either

UGH

Kind of a blesssing in disguise on one hand, now she HAS to go to doctor and you can get her hearing checking

But like you said, dangerous on the other hand

The doctor should have okayed a weeks worth at least until she could get in for that appt

The pharmacist was rather ticked and was sending a message to her Dr. This is helpful because the pharmacist is part of the HMO. This puts him on par with her Dr.

It is a blessing because her ears will be checked. I am concerned because although her hearing has always been bad recently it has gotten far worse. I am wondering if she has an ear infection or something.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #792
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
The pharmacist was rather ticked and was sending a message to her Dr. This is helpful because the pharmacist is part of the HMO. This puts him on par with her Dr.

It is a blessing because her ears will be checked. I am concerned because although her hearing has always been bad recently it has gotten far worse. I am wondering if she has an ear infection or something.
Oh okay

Did doctor call pharmacy back and get your mom her meds?

Yeah, you never know. She might have infection
Old 07-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #793
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Oh okay

Did doctor call pharmacy back and get your mom her meds?

Yeah, you never know. She might have infection

Well, first thing I really like her Dr. She was amazing with my mom. Normally when you go to Kaiser the nurse gets you and brings you back in, weighs you and takes your vitals. Not my moms Dr. She got my mom and did all that stuff. That made extra points with me. Her blood pressure that she was sure high was good, and the Dr realizing that just telling my mom it was good with her hearing she wouldn't hear it real well made sure to communicate it by smiling at her.

She checked my moms ears and one has a whole in the ear drum and the other is so full of wax it's no wonder that she can't hear through it. So over the weekend her and I will be treating her ear with mineral oil so that she can get an ear wash on Tuesday. Also Tuesday she has to get her blood tested and make sure her medicine levels are okay. I am hoping cleaning her ear makes a difference. From what I understand she cleaned her ear out with her keys. Any guess how she got the hole in her ear?

She had to get her diabetic retinopathy test today. Now mind you she hasn't seen an eye doctor since probably the late 80's. She couldn't see the orange light in one eye so the eye doctor looked further and it looks like my mom has serious cataract. So next Friday we go in to basically set up cataract surgery.

This is Michele's day at Camp Kaiser. Just think next week I get two more!! Oh the joy!! Oh the excitement!!
Old 07-14-2012, 12:02 AM   #794
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Well, first thing I really like her Dr. She was amazing with my mom. Normally when you go to Kaiser the nurse gets you and brings you back in, weighs you and takes your vitals. Not my moms Dr. She got my mom and did all that stuff. That made extra points with me. Her blood pressure that she was sure high was good, and the Dr realizing that just telling my mom it was good with her hearing she wouldn't hear it real well made sure to communicate it by smiling at her.

She checked my moms ears and one has a whole in the ear drum and the other is so full of wax it's no wonder that she can't hear through it. So over the weekend her and I will be treating her ear with mineral oil so that she can get an ear wash on Tuesday. Also Tuesday she has to get her blood tested and make sure her medicine levels are okay. I am hoping cleaning her ear makes a difference. From what I understand she cleaned her ear out with her keys. Any guess how she got the hole in her ear?

She had to get her diabetic retinopathy test today. Now mind you she hasn't seen an eye doctor since probably the late 80's. She couldn't see the orange light in one eye so the eye doctor looked further and it looks like my mom has serious cataract. So next Friday we go in to basically set up cataract surgery.

This is Michele's day at Camp Kaiser. Just think next week I get two more!! Oh the joy!! Oh the excitement!!
She sounds like a great doctor

That ear wax is probably affecting hearing for sure. And keys to clean out her ears

I am glad you are helping her get everything taken care of.

You are a great daughter
Old 07-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #795
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39

Glad the doc was so through and caring. My grandfather cleans his ears with his keys too. Eeeewwww. Hope the cleaning helps! Bummer on the cataract.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: