Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #121
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I like your Disney epiphany! The other one......well, it just confused me!
To tell you the truth...it confused me to. Most things do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
But, seriously, I think that was a great idea to spend the day at MK! It definitely looks like y'all were having a lot of fun. And I love, love, love that last picture! How sweet! Y'all need to frame that one!
Thanks! I'm already picking out frames for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
Why do I have the song "Daddy Sang Bass" going through my head?
I guess between that and the Beverly Hillbillies, I'll take Johnny Cash.

Quote:
You relativity guys are always using that alternate but not parallel arguement to justify anything.
It's either that or distract you with shiny things.

Quote:
You could have reduced that 28 hours by finding a Chicago style pizza place to wait out for 2-3 of those hours...
Come on, who would do that....(again)?

Quote:
That badger is everywhere, isn't it.
Yes, yes he is.

Quote:
$10 says that guy is thinking "Why won't this guy just let me get back to the break-room."
All I did was ask for a picture. I could have made him dance for me.

Quote:
Cool effects.... almost as cool as the wavy fade....
They have a bigger budget for these types of things.

Quote:
Must be from Wisconsin....
Not based on the Northwestern hat...

Quote:
Ahhhh.... the application of past experience.
Those memories tend to come screaming back, don't they?

Quote:
I thought the Wisconsin color was "primer orange" not "Blaze Orange"
You've seen Lambeau Field in December. Half Green, Half Gold, Half Hunter-Safety Blaze Orange.

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken these acutally work if you get a job as a cabbie in NYC.
That, and those evergreen tree air fresheners.

Quote:
Cool shot.
Thanks!

Quote:
Nice pic and great update.
Thanks again!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #122
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
We don't start laughing until we watch people try and drive them. We keep refining them until we're sure they're idiot-proof, and then...people prove us wrong.
You mean we're not supposed to do the Tokyo Drift around them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
OMG! That is awesome! No wonder you can't just eat one! I finally gave them up this year because the fewest I can eat is, well, whatever is left in the entire open package.
Either you eat them or someone else in the house will. It's a dog eat dog world out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Great update! Smart move stopping at the MK. Looks like such a fun day. I love the picture of you and your son. And your son and daughter holding hands. That's so cute! Now the spinning tea cup of doom I can live without.
I'm usually OK with the tea cups, but grandma wanted to take them. And 4 people in a cup is just a bit too tight for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Love the update!
Thank you!
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #123
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Best spur of the moment decision
ever!
Well, I do what I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E3yore View Post
He sure made it sound like the kids and I were going to drive right past Disney without stopping. I would not want to be in the car with the kids if that had happened.
They don't know too much about geography. But they'd know if we passed the Disney World exit. Is mutiny just for ships at sea, or can they do it in a Ford Explorer too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza111577 View Post
Great update! Absolutely love the pic of them holding hands.
Thanks! They can be just too cute sometimes!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #124
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Barry, I'm sorry I missed this last update. That engagement stuff through off my whole schedule the last week.

Great update....and even better idea to go to MK and enjoy the park rather than hanging around a hotel all day. How sweet of you to take a picture of the dancers...you are such a good guy.

I love the photo of Madison and Evan walking through Fantasyland.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #125
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkgkdisneymom View Post
Of course you had to stop at Magic Kingdom! Looks like a fun morning!
Of course we did!
Quote:
I like your Admirals hat. Pirates+skeletons+hockey=one cool sports logo!
Thanks! I didn't think anyone would recognize the logo, but with an avatar like that, how could you not! It's Evan's life long dream to play for the Admirals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Where's Fed when you need him? Sounds like a seat belt violation to me.
Maybe. But there was enough other stuff packed around me that it would have been just like a little cocoon.

Quote:
The BS detector is going off. I'm guessing this was planned before you illegally loaded yourself into the cargo area of an SUV since you left early in the morning a day before you needed to be there.
Can't sneak much past you, can I?

Quote:
I really want to see that sometime.
Yes, yes you do.

Quote:
Aren't the technological breakthroughs that they roll out just more amazing all the time?
Imagineers are cool, aren't they?

Quote:
It's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.
Yes, but he has a whip. He can wear whatever he wants.

Quote:
Hmmm... that conversation sounds familiar.

By the way, how is she feeling these days?
It works well for rides like the Speedway, but she really started to hate using it over by Big Thunder and Splash Mountain.

Bambi is ready for Ryder to make his grand appearance. He's hanging out on a nerve and really hurting her hip/leg/whatever he feels like at the time.
Quote:
Poor grandma. She's getting all the tough assignments.
She's powering through it. If riding attractions at WDW is a the toughest thing you have to do in a day, it's a pretty good day.

Quote:
They put in a new roundabout in a town south of here a couple of years ago. One of my co-workers went down there one day and came into work complaining about it and talking about how he almost had a big wreck. After I asked a few questions and got to the bottom of things, I found out he didn't know that you aren't supposed to turn left....

But that's all NASCAR does - go fast, turn left.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #126
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Isn't that where the moonshine and illegal fireworks go?
How do you think I kept myself entertained on the way?

Quote:
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere.
Oddly, not in there. I know, I'm slacking.

Quote:
Did this epiphany happen on the drive or 6 months before the drive?
All I said was that it happened. I didn't say when.

Quote:
And they yelled back, "You want me to do WHAT?!"
Sorry, I looked, but there just wasn't many YouDee shirts around the parks.

Quote:
Man, that's impressive. I can't wait till they take on the national debt.
Disney's good. They're not that good.

Quote:
Probably a DOT guy.
Hey, isn't is our job to make fun of them?

Quote:
I thought Bambi wanted the baby out early. This might have helped.
I think October might have been just a bit too early.

Quote:
Man, she's taking a lot for the team here.
True, but Madison does rub her feet most nights, so its kind of a wash.

Quote:
Awesome.
Thanks!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #127
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Barry, I'm sorry I missed this last update. That engagement stuff through off my whole schedule the last week.
Understandable. I can't think of many other things that would be more exciting to throw off a schedule!
Quote:
Great update....and even better idea to go to MK and enjoy the park rather than hanging around a hotel all day. How sweet of you to take a picture of the dancers...you are such a good guy.
They were lonely, I had a camera. It just made sense.
Quote:
I love the photo of Madison and Evan walking through Fantasyland.
Thanks! (Me Too!)
Old 03-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #128
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

phewwww All caught up.

Of course you spend the day at Disney before heading to the port. Duh!!!!

Enough of a cloud cover to keep crowds away but not enough to put a damper on the day.

Yes Disney has a weather machine.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 03-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #129
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
phewwww All caught up.

Of course you spend the day at Disney before heading to the port. Duh!!!!
Ok, I'll admit it. That maaaaaay have been the plan all along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Enough of a cloud cover to keep crowds away but not enough to put a damper on the day.

Yes Disney has a weather machine.
[/QUOTE]
Now if they could only crank up the A/C in July and August.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #130
bkgkdisneymom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Thanks! I didn't think anyone would recognize the logo, but with an avatar like that, how could you not! It's Evan's life long dream to play for the Admirals.
Go Evan! Sometimes my son dreams about a career in the NHL, but then he gets worried that if he gets traded to the Red Wings his mom won't cheer for him anymore.

Tinker Bell Half Marathon 2013

Old 03-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #131
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Go Evan! Sometimes my son dreams about a career in the NHL, but then he gets worried that if he gets traded to the Red Wings his mom won't cheer for him anymore.
Well? Would you?
Old 03-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #132
bkgkdisneymom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Well? Would you?
Probably...eventually...just kidding! Of course I would!

Tinker Bell Half Marathon 2013

Old 03-16-2012, 10:35 AM   #133
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

A Little More Magic Kingdom

Having left off with that ever-so-adorable picture of Madison and Evan walking hand in hand though Fantasyland, one has to wonder just where in the dickens they were heading, and why was there no adult supervision?

OK, first of all, back off on the parenting criticism. Granted, I have no idea what I'm doing, but Bambi makes up for it by keeping us all in check. Lord help her when Ryder comes and I have to figure out diapers all over again.

As far as where they were going - well, we were going to experience an entirely new ride - Snow White's Scary Adventure. Not only was it new to the kids, but it was new to us as well. Madison has always been a little skittish about several things, including the unknown, the dark, and villains. Snow White's Scary Adventure promised to be a healthy dose of all three. But, we explained to her, it was going to be torn down before we get back to Disney World again. So if she wanted to ride it, it was now or never. It took a little humming and hawwing, but she decided that she wanted to do it!

There was a little bit more convincing and encouragement needed in line, but once we were loaded in our vehicle, not only did she do fine - she actually liked it!

After exiting Snow White, it was time for Feats of Strength!

Evan huffed, and he puffed, and he yanked on that sword with all of his might! And it didn't move.

So Madison huffed, and she puffed, and she contorted her face, and she used both thumbs to pull as hard as she could.....and it didn't move.

Seeing this, I knew that no amount of physical exertion would get that sword to budge. As I pondered what to do, I heard the voice of my old high school physics teacher in my head. Use the Force, Barry.

And the sword didn't move. Clearly, it's glued in there or something. I think I'll take out my frustrations on Alderaan.

Pretty Castle Picture!

We wandered down the back path along the side of the castle and stopped in the Christmas shop. What on earth would I need from the Christmas shop in October? You'll just have to keep reading - that will become clear in a few more updates. But this picture of the kids in the sleigh should hold you over until then.

Continuing down through Liberty Square and on into Frontierland, we encountered a little musical group just finishing up their set. Like any 7 year old, Madison is a sucker for a banjo and asked for a picture. And like any 33 year old, I can't say No to a Banjo.

And now we come to one of the saddest parts of this whole story. Our journey had brought us to the farthest corner of Frontierland. We stood at the foot of Big Thunder Mountain, and stared up at it's majestic glory. An open path in front of us, Fastpasses in our hands, and a baby in Bambi's belly. The kids wanted desperately to ride, but there was no way Bambi could. It said so on the sign and everything. I offered to stay back with her, but we couldn't let the kids go on alone. I even asked the Cast Member working the Fast Pass line about how the Baby Swap program worked. She told me that the baby actually has to be born before he or she qualifies for the program.

So I was forced - against my will - to leave Bambi behind and take the kids on the ride. I forced myself to put on a happy face - for the kids, of course - and we gleefully skipped up the path.

Now before anyone get's all Judgy on me here, it has already been well established, notarized in triplicate, and filed with the Racine County Circuit Court that when we return in August for a friend's wedding that I will be playing with Ryder in a nice shady spot while Bambi takes the kids on all of the fun rides. It's only fair.

A few shots from the top of the queue, looking back at Frontierland

We wandered our way through the queue and got placed in our lines for the train. And this is why I sacrificed my own well being to take this kids on the ride. Can you see the excitement?

(Don't worry, that's Grandma that Madison is riding with. Not some random stranger)

We met up with Bambi and Dean and started heading back to Fantasyland to use some Peter Pan Fastpasses I grabbed while everyone else was finishing up their lunch at Pecos Bill's. Dean's back was acting up a little, so he was going to sit and rest rather than making the walk to Fantasyland. I entertained myself with the camera on the way, so now I'll bore you with the results.

In no time at all, we were off to Neverland!

We hopped out of our ship and headed back to Frontierland to find Grandpa before he wandered away. Turns out we didn't really need to worry, because he found nice little place to park himself and people watch.

And now, the conclusion to the cliffhanger at the end of the last chapter. I had left asking you to read the back of Madison's t-shirt ("Dry is not an option") and to not believe a word of. Because Madison, Evan, Grandpa and myself took off for Splash Mountain. An attraction that, based purely on the name, is going to get you wet. Well, as you can see, Dry IS an option you're Madison.

Yup, that's her. After insisting that she get to ride in the front row, ducking down under grandpa, keeping herself dry as a bone.

Up Next: The rest of the afternoon at Magic Kingdom, then we take off for the Port!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #134
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Looks like y'all were having a lot of fun. I have not gone on Snow White since I was a little girl. I won't mention exactly how long ago that was. Let's just say it's been a while. It scared me when I was little & I am ok with it going away. Madison did a great job being brave!

You poor thing having to make such a sacrifice like taking the kids on BTMRR. How do you do it? It does look like the kids were having fun!

I utilize the same strategy as Madison when it comes to Splash Mtn.

Great pictures in the update & I can't wait to hear about the rest of the day!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #135
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Having left off with that ever-so-adorable picture of Madison and Evan walking hand in hand though Fantasyland, one has to wonder just where in the dickens they were heading, and why was there no adult supervision?
They were within camera shot… and they’ve been here before.
I wasn’t too worried.

It’s when they’re closer to you that we (and Bambi at least) ought to worry.

Quote:
Lord help her when Ryder comes and I have to figure out diapers all over again.
Ehhhh… it’ll be just like falling off a bike…
and tumbling down a ravine…
covered in briers…
and landing smack dab in the middle of a cesspool…
and then having the bike hit you on the head and pushing you back under.

It will all come rushing back to you.

Quote:
As far as where they were going - well, we were going to experience an entirely new ride - Snow White's Scary Adventure.
Very cool that she (and the rest of ya’) got to see that one before it leaves us.

Quote:
After exiting Snow White, it was time for Feats of Strength!
What about the airing of grievances?

Quote:
The Dark Lord of “Pith”

Quote:
What on earth would I need from the Christmas shop in October?
Well, commercially Christmas now begins in late September, so this really isn’t all that troubling.

Quote:
Continuing down through Liberty Square and on into Frontierland, we encountered a little musical group just finishing up their set. Like any 7 year old, Madison is a sucker for a banjo and asked for a picture. And like any 33 year old, I can't say No to a Banjo.

I’m more partial to the resonator guitar, but It’s a nice shot either way

Quote:
And now we come to one of the saddest parts of this whole story.
OK… I’m listening

Quote:
I even asked the Cast Member working the Fast Pass line about how the Baby Swap program worked. She told me that the baby actually has to be born before he or she qualifies for the program.
They are a might picky about that “don’t ya’ know”.

Quote:
So I was forced - against my will - to leave Bambi behind and take the kids on the ride. I forced myself to put on a happy face - for the kids, of course - and we gleefully skipped up the path.
Prince Valiant you ain’t.

Quote:
Now before anyone get's all Judgy on me here, it has already been well established, notarized in triplicate, and filed with the Racine County Circuit Court that when we return in August for a friend's wedding that I will be playing with Ryder in a nice shady spot while Bambi takes the kids on all of the fun rides. It's only fair.
A redemption story (assuming you actually do it).

I foresee y’all “correctly” using the Baby Swap program so that the older kids can get back to back ride while you’re’ there.

Quote:
I entertained myself with the camera on the way, so now I'll bore you with the results.
Taking a page out of my play book are you?
(not bad results by the way)

Quote:
In no time at all, we were off to Neverland!
I thought you lived here in the first place.

Quote:
After insisting that she get to ride in the front row, ducking down under grandpa, keeping herself dry as a bone.
As I’ve said elsewhere… all members of the feminine gender are quite sly.
We are just servants at their beck and call…

And I’d have it no other way.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: