Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #106
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I can't speak for Mrs Fields, but I did find out what they put in Girl Scout Cookies to make them so good:

Quote:
Must have been a DOT project.
No, they never let us have that much fun.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #107
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I drove to Panama City Beach for spring break in a mini-van full of 7 guys. Did it once and that is why I fly now.
I had a joke all queued up about "there's no way your current family could smell that bad" then I thought about what Christopher can probably do in a diaper and decided that, yeah, your current family can smell that bad. Enjoy the plane ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
No, they never let us have that much fun.
Oh come on - you're going to sit there and tell me that roundabouts aren't just a big joke at the DOT and the designers don't fall out of their chairs laughing every time they decided to put one in?
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #108
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was wondering where my wayback machine went. Did you gas it up before you put it back?

I love the wayback machine.

Quote:
I I can't speak for Mrs Fields, but I did find out what they put in Girl Scout Cookies to make them so good:

:rotf l:

I knew it. Those Girl Scouts will do anything to increase sales.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 03-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #109
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Magic Kingdom Pit Stop

We woke up early on the morning of October 29th with one singular goal in mind: to make the 98 mile trek from Grandma & Grandpa's house in Lakeland to Port Caneveral. Our cruise left the next day and we wanted to make sure we were there in time. There were 6 of us so we didn't exactly fit in their Ford Explorer very well. We packed up all of our suitcases, carry ons, etc and started loading. Some stuff went in back, some in the soft-sided cargo bag on the roof. Dean drove, Bambi rode shotgun, Carol sat between the kid's booster seats in the back seat. And I had just enough room between the suitcases in the rear cargo area to squeeze myself in. Was it redneck? Yes, but that's how we roll.

As we were barreling up I-4, I had an epiphany. Well, two of them, actually. But I don't think anyone here wants to hear about how free will can exist in a world where events are pre-destined to occur based on the fact that wormholes in the space/time continuum allow gravitational rifts to develop between alternate (but not parallel) universes. You guys probably want to hear about the Disney Epiphany...

What if - now, hear me out here, this is just a theory - instead of driving straight to Port Canaveral and spending 28 hours hanging around the Country Inn waiting for the boat, we stopped at Disney World and hung around the Magic Kingdom for the day instead?

I think the kids like the idea!

The Magic Kingdom was decked out in all of it's Halloween finest.

After checking out the scene on Main Street, USA, I gathered up everyone's park tickets and ran for Big Thunder Mountain FastPasses while the rest of the family took in the harvest splendor. As I passed Cinderella's Castle, I heard a message come over the PA that the "Dream Along With Mickey" show had been canceled. I'm not sure why, but I think it was because we had some rain earlier and perhaps the stage was too wet to safely dance on? They did shoot off the fireworks that go with the show, so that was nice. And as I would find out in a few minutes, they had another surprise in store.

I quickly made my way back to BTMRR, grabbed the FastPasses, yelled "Go Bucky!" to a family in Wisconsin shirts, and made my way back to the Main Street. I looked around the perimeter of the hub and saw the Princesses with their Princes all in meet & greets! They were just wrapping up, and one lucky little girl got to go for a walk hand in hand (in hand) with Aurora and Philip.

There were more than just the Disney Royalty out, too. The dancers from the show were wondering around the hub as well. No one was really paying much attention to them, so I stopped a couple for a picture so they wouldn't feel bad.

I met up with everyone again over by the Plaza restaurant. I turned around to see that my old saying of "Disney doesn't control the weather - yet" had finally been proven outdated. Disney went all out, rolling in dark and ominous clouds to really enhance the spooky Halloween effect.

Evan wanted to ride the Tomorrowland Speedway, but on our way over we encountered Push. And some crazy tourist who never took his hand out of his man purse and kept talking to himself. Wacko.

We continued on to the Speedway, where Bambi decided that being pregnant and repeated slamming into the center guard rail were conditions that needed to be mutually exclusive. So Grandma was drafted into duty to ride shotgun with Madison. It appears she's done this before - they're not even moving yet and she's already white-knuckling the hand hold.

I hopped in the blaze orange car (fitting for a couple of Sconnies, don't cha know) with Evan and we were off. Look at him checking his blind spot before cutting off the old lady in the station wagon. Such as good driver!

Cute sign, Disney. But let's get the painters our here and quote marks around "Racing" before you open yourself up to false advertising lawsuit.

Both kids got their Official Tomorrowland Speedway Driver's Licenses!

We meandered up the path a bit and found the White Rabbit in front of the tea cups with barely a line.

Then grandma drew the short straw and had to get in the tea cups with the mad hatters and their spinning cup of death.

Again, Disney did a fine job with the clouds today. They kept them very ominous when used as a backdrop for the Halloween displays, but opened them up, allowing sunshine to rain down on the forthcoming Fantasyland expansion.

I'll close this update with one of my favorite pictures. Brother and sister, walking hand in hand through Fantasyland in search of adventure.

Coming Up Next: Read the back of Madison's shirt. Don't believe a word of it.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #110
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I like your Disney epiphany! The other one......well, it just confused me!

But, seriously, I think that was a great idea to spend the day at MK! It definitely looks like y'all were having a lot of fun. And I love, love, love that last picture! How sweet! Y'all need to frame that one!
Old 03-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #111
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

Quote:
Dean drove, Bambi rode shotgun, Carol sat between the kid's booster seats in the back seat. And I had just enough room between the suitcases in the rear cargo area to squeeze myself in. Was it redneck? Yes, but that's how we roll.
Why do I have the song "Daddy Sang Bass" going through my head?

Quote:
As we were barreling up I-4, I had an epiphany. Well, two of them, actually. But I don't think anyone here wants to hear about how free will can exist in a world where events are pre-destined to occur based on the fact that wormholes in the space/time continuum allow gravitational rifts to develop between alternate (but not parallel) universes.
You relativity guys are always using that alternate but not parallel arguement to justify anything.

Quote:
You guys probably want to hear about the Disney Epiphany...
Oh yeah, this might be better suited here....

Quote:
What if - now, hear me out here, this is just a theory - instead of driving straight to Port Canaveral and spending 28 hours hanging around the Country Inn waiting for the boat, we stopped at Disney World and hung around the Magic Kingdom for the day instead?
You could have reduced that 28 hours by finding a Chicago style pizza place to wait out for 2-3 of those hours...

Quote:
And as I would find out in a few minutes, they had another surprise in store.
Another wormhole?

Quote:
I quickly made my way back to BTMRR, grabbed the FastPasses, yelled "Go Bucky!" to a family in Wisconsin shirts, and made my way back to the Main Street.
That badger is everywhere, isn't it.

Quote:
I looked around the perimeter of the hub and saw the Princesses with their Princes all in meet & greets! They were just wrapping up, and one lucky little girl got to go for a walk hand in hand (in hand) with Aurora and Philip.

Quote:
There were more than just the Disney Royalty out, too. The dancers from the show were wondering around the hub as well. No one was really paying much attention to them, so I stopped a couple for a picture so they wouldn't feel bad.

$10 says that guy is thinking "Why won't this guy just let me get back to the break-room."

Quote:
I met up with everyone again over by the Plaza restaurant. I turned around to see that my old saying of "Disney doesn't control the weather - yet" had finally been proven outdated. Disney went all out, rolling in dark and ominous clouds to really enhance the spooky Halloween effect.

Cool effects.... almost as cool as the wavy fade....

Quote:
Evan wanted to ride the Tomorrowland Speedway, but on our way over we encountered Push. And some crazy tourist who never took his hand out of his man purse and kept talking to himself. Wacko.

Must be from Wisconsin....

Quote:
We continued on to the Speedway, where Bambi decided that being pregnant and repeated slamming into the center guard rail were conditions that needed to be mutually exclusive. So Grandma was drafted into duty to ride shotgun with Madison. It appears she's done this before - they're not even moving yet and she's already white-knuckling the hand hold.

Ahhhh.... the application of past experience.

Quote:
I hopped in the blaze orange car (fitting for a couple of Sconnies, don't cha know) with Evan and we were off. Look at him checking his blind spot before cutting off the old lady in the station wagon. Such as good driver!

I thought the Wisconsin color was "primer orange" not "Blaze Orange"

Quote:
Both kids got their Official Tomorrowland Speedway Driver's Licenses!
If I'm not mistaken these acutally work if you get a job as a cabbie in NYC.

Quote:
Then grandma drew the short straw and had to get in the tea cups with the mad hatters and their spinning cup of death.

Cool shot.

Quote:
I'll close this update with one of my favorite pictures. Brother and sister, walking hand in hand through Fantasyland in search of adventure.

Nice pic and great update.

Me (40) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (9) DD (6)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
Old 03-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #112
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Oh come on - you're going to sit there and tell me that roundabouts aren't just a big joke at the DOT and the designers don't fall out of their chairs laughing every time they decided to put one in?
We don't start laughing until we watch people try and drive them. We keep refining them until we're sure they're idiot-proof, and then...people prove us wrong.

I'll have to come back to comment later.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #113
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I can't speak for Mrs Fields, but I did find out what they put in Girl Scout Cookies to make them so good:

OMG! That is awesome! No wonder you can't just eat one! I finally gave them up this year because the fewest I can eat is, well, whatever is left in the entire open package.

Great update! Smart move stopping at the MK. Looks like such a fun day. I love the picture of you and your son. And your son and daughter holding hands. That's so cute! Now the spinning tea cup of doom I can live without.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 03-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #114
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Love the update!
Old 03-07-2012, 05:22 AM   #115
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Best spur of the moment decision ever!

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club

Old 03-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #116
E3yore
Mouseketeer

He sure made it sound like the kids and I were going to drive right past Disney without stopping. I would not want to be in the car with the kids if that had happened.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #117
Liza111577
Becoming a DISney addict!!

Great update! Absolutely love the pic of them holding hands.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #118
bkgkdisneymom
Earning My Ears

Of course you had to stop at Magic Kingdom! Looks like a fun morning!

I like your Admirals hat. Pirates+skeletons+hockey=one cool sports logo!

Tinker Bell Half Marathon 2013

Old 03-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #119
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
And I had just enough room between the suitcases in the rear cargo area to squeeze myself in. Was it redneck? Yes, but that's how we roll.
Where's Fed when you need him? Sounds like a seat belt violation to me.

Quote:
The BS detector is going off. I'm guessing this was planned before you illegally loaded yourself into the cargo area of an SUV since you left early in the morning a day before you needed to be there.

Quote:
The Magic Kingdom was decked out in all of it's Halloween finest.
I really want to see that sometime.

Quote:
Aren't the technological breakthroughs that they roll out just more amazing all the time?

Quote:
And some crazy tourist who never took his hand out of his man purse and kept talking to himself. Wacko.
It's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote:
We continued on to the Speedway, where Bambi decided that being pregnant and repeated slamming into the center guard rail were conditions that needed to be mutually exclusive.
Hmmm... that conversation sounds familiar.

By the way, how is she feeling these days?

Quote:
Poor grandma. She's getting all the tough assignments.

Quote:
We don't start laughing until we watch people try and drive them. We keep refining them until we're sure they're idiot-proof, and then...people prove us wrong.
They put in a new roundabout in a town south of here a couple of years ago. One of my co-workers went down there one day and came into work complaining about it and talking about how he almost had a big wreck. After I asked a few questions and got to the bottom of things, I found out he didn't know that you aren't supposed to turn left....
Old 03-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #120
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257

Quote:
Dean drove, Bambi rode shotgun, Carol sat between the kid's booster seats in the back seat. And I had just enough room between the suitcases in the rear cargo area to squeeze myself in. Was it redneck? Yes, but that's how we roll.
Isn't that where the moonshine and illegal fireworks go?

Quote:
But I don't think anyone here wants to hear about how free will can exist in a world where events are pre-destined to occur based on the fact that wormholes in the space/time continuum allow gravitational rifts to develop between alternate (but not parallel) universes.
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere.

Quote:
Did this epiphany happen on the drive or 6 months before the drive?

Quote:
I quickly made my way back to BTMRR, grabbed the FastPasses, yelled "Go Bucky!" to a family in Wisconsin shirts,
And they yelled back, "You want me to do WHAT?!"

Quote:
Man, that's impressive. I can't wait till they take on the national debt.

Quote:
Probably a DOT guy.

Quote:
So Grandma was drafted into duty to ride shotgun with Madison. It appears she's done this before - they're not even moving yet and she's already white-knuckling the hand hold.
I thought Bambi wanted the baby out early. This might have helped.

Quote:
Cute sign, Disney. But let's get the painters our here and quote marks around "Racing" before you open yourself up to false advertising lawsuit.

[QUOTE=FreezinRafiki;44239279]Then grandma drew the short straw and had to get in the tea cups with the mad hatters and their spinning cup of death.[?QUOTE]

Man, she's taking a lot for the team here.

Quote:

Awesome.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: