Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #31
QuirkyBelle
Mouseketeer

Great update! The line for the princesses took forever... Though at least the line only took just over an hour for us (the posted wait was 60 minutes). Waiting for two hours would have been horrible, especially because those trivia questions weren't very good! Plus there were only like 5 of them.

Yay on planning another trip! Its so exciting that you're graduating. Congratulations! My sisters graduate college this year as well, but our family is taking a Disney Cruise to celebrate. Can't wait to read more about the current trip and hear the details about the new one.

Love the photopass pics!
Old 03-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #32
Mini Minnie :)
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
YAY that's so exciting! And it's SOON!
I know! We cannot wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Oh my goodness... Y'all met Flynn! I read that you should ask him what's in his satchel. (it's just like in the movie!)

MVMCP is always so fun!

Yay for going back in May!
We totally forgot to ask him! I read about it too, but Kayla and I were too busy swooning! The party was soo much fun! We would love to do it again! And I know! WOO MAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMW View Post
subscribing
Welcome! I'm glad you are joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuirkyBelle View Post
Great update! The line for the princesses took forever... Though at least the line only took just over an hour for us (the posted wait was 60 minutes). Waiting for two hours would have been horrible, especially because those trivia questions weren't very good! Plus there were only like 5 of them.

Yay on planning another trip! Its so exciting that you're graduating. Congratulations! My sisters graduate college this year as well, but our family is taking a Disney Cruise to celebrate. Can't wait to read more about the current trip and hear the details about the new one.

Love the photopass pics!
Ah, at least yours was shorter! They must have had a break before ours! CRAZY! They should invest in more questions, don't you think?!

I'm super excited for Kayla to graduate! It means we get to celebrate in the happiest place! HAHA. We will keep everyone updated as we go! Congrats to your sister as well! I've never been on a cruise, but I am sure that it will be a BLAST!

Thanks!

Now, onto the update! :P

~~~~~~~~

The Magic, The Memories, and THOSE COOKIES!

Oh Flynn…I love you. After our magical moment with some of my favorite characters we decided it was about time we hit up some rides! We missed the 8 oclock parade waiting in line for the princesses, but that was okay with us because we heard from some lovely disboarders that the parade seems to clear out during the second showing because parents with smaller children usually head out! So we had a little bit of time before Wishes started so we headed over to Tomorrowland for Buzz! That is one of our favorites if you didn’t already know, we ride it about a million times every vacation and get pretty competitive, but it is always a blast! (see what I did there. Hahaha)

First glimpse of buzz!

I was really thirsty at this point so I went to a drink cart right in the hub by the castle, which turned out to be such a blessing for us! After I got my drink I exited the line and right in front of it was a section for us to stand. No one was there. I don’t know if they thought it was part of the line or what but we stood there and had the PERFECT view for fireworks. Honestly it was amazing. Here are some pictures from The Magic Memories and You show and Holiday Wishes!

The gingerbread castle!

wishes!

wishes!

Oh christmas tree! i love this picture!

okay this picture is nothing spectacular but at the end of the show they had fireworks all around you and it was really awesome. i was so in love with it!

Both were awesome! It was great and really put me in the holiday spirit! My parents would have loved it so we definitely need to take them to see it in the near future!

Everyone cleared out and we took a seat to wait for the parade, but after a few minutes we just couldn’t justify sitting on the curb for an hour while there was so much more we wanted to see and do! So we left our perfect spot to ride some rides and get some of these cookies we head so much about!

Had to stop for a castle picture haha!

We decided to stop and ride the Haunted Mansion since there was absolutely no line, and it was fun like always! We exited and stopped at Colombia Harbor House for cookies and hot chocolate for the parade!Real fast, can I just say, THOSE COOKIES. So yummy! Where is that recipe at?! We headed out to the parade after that and when we left..AGAIN there was a perfect stop just waiting for us! A little to the right of the Hall of Presidents was an open spot right on the rope! Front and center and we were beyond excited!

delicious chocolatey hot chocolate! With marshmallows! Yum!

We only had a few minutes before it started and there was a cute family behind us but the kids were smaller so we asked them if they wanted to stand in front of us. The parents were so awesome and thankful and the kids stood in front of us, but the parents wouldn’t go. They said they wanted us to see it more then them so it worked out for all of us and it was really nice to see them so happy!

The parade was amazing! But I didn’t expect anything less! Here are some pictures!

Very Merry Christmas Parade!

mickey and minnie! the flash was werid so sorry about that!

i've waited for ever to see these guys and they were awesome!

santa!

The music was so catchy! I sang it all night! So needless to say I’m a big big fan!

We decided to head out through Fantasyland because we hadn’t really walked through there yet! On our way out we noticed Cinderella and her whole family there taking pictures! Like a group photo and we couldn’t pass it up because Kayla loves Cinderella! We got in line, which wasn’t very long, but the man kept telling us that there was no guarantee we would get to see them, but it was worth trying.
We were lucky and got in before they left and we got this awesome picture!

this was the photopass picture! Staning in the middle of them was kind of awkward but i still think its a cool picture to have.

We got in line for It’s a Small World because we could and it seemed like fun. There was no one on our boat and we sang the whole time! Sister trips are pretty awesome for the fact that the rest of our family wasn’t embarrassed by us so we could live freely in our Disney loving world! Hah!

We headed out because we were exhausted from our long day! The line for POP was crazy and I thought we were never going to get back to our hotel, but the busses were great. Seriously bus after bus pulled up to POP and we were on a bus in no time!

Continued in Next Post!

It was a amazing first night but as soon as we got back we fell asleep! We had an early morning ahead for our first full day in Disney! YAY!

Last edited by Mini Minnie :); 05-02-2012 at 08:22 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #33
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Minnie :) View Post
.... can I just say, THOSE COOKIES. So yummy! Where is that recipe at?!
Ask and ye shall receive...

WDW MVMCP Snickerdoodles

Ingredients:

dough:
3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 c (2 sticks) butter
2 c sugar
2 eggs
1/4 c milk
1 tsp vanilla

topping:
3 tbs sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Method:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Sift together the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar, set aside. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in the dry ingredients. Form the dough into 1 inch balls. Place on a greased baking sheet and flatten. Combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle the top of the cookies before baking. Bake 8 minutes or until cooked through.

Really enjoying your TR. Can't wait to read more.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 03-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #34
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

UM YES. Those cookies! THE BEST COOKIES EVER. Wow. And the hot chocolate is unbelievable too! How cool that yall got such an awesome spot for the shows! The Magic, the Memories, and You is my new favorite show... OBSESSED! How awesome that yall got to meet the Tremaine family hahaha. Looks like such a blast!

-Marissa
Old 04-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #35
QuirkyBelle
Mouseketeer

Sorry I haven't been around in awhile but my life has been SUPER busy. Lately I've been lucky if I can get 6 hours of sleep in a night (weekends included).

Its funny how different the post princess MVMCP was for you guys. We literally ran out of the pictures and booked it up Main Street to get a good view for the magic, memories, and you show and then the fireworks. We made it just in time. Then we froze while we sat waiting for the parade for an hour. Now we did have an awesome spot on Main Street, but we were soooo cold. Afterwards we ran into the shops to warm up. I wish we could have seen Cinderella and company, but when we had looked at the line earlier in the night, it was over an hour long.

I think we waited for 5 buses to get back to POP, but only waited 20 minutes or so. I couldn't believe how long the line was or how many buses they sent for it. I think you guys got on about 2 buses ahead of us.

Hopefully there are still more updates to come. Looking forward to reading more.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #36
Mini Minnie :)
Earning My Ears

Kayla and I are seriously so SO sorry for the lack of time we have been on Disboards these past few months! The end of the semester is always so tough and with Kayla student teaching we honestly just couldn’t lose a minute of our spare time. We were either writing papers or lesson plans. However, I am finally done with school! Yay! (I can’t believe I’m going to be a junior in college already! What?!) and Kayla has two weeks left of student teaching (I cant believe she’s graduating college already! Okay seriously..what?!) The brilliant news is that I will be updating just about everyday from now because I won’t have much to do except work on the weekends up until our trip in 19 days! Also ridiculously crazy! Time has seriously been flying and I am so grateful for anyone who has stuck around and reads this. Hopefully we’ll be able to get a good amount of updates in before we leave. Thanks so much for sticking around so let’s get started!

Day 2: Race for the Fastpasses!

So after our fabulous experience at MVMCP we woke up the next day around 7 to get ready for MGM (I know it’s Hollywood Studios but I still cant get used to that). We got to the bus and over to the park by around 8:45ish, which was perfect for the 9 am open! Kayla chatted up a nice woman in the line next to us who was wearing a Slippery Rock hoodie, which was a fun way to pass the time. We also we took an “excited to be here” picture!

Waiting to get into the park!

We, like everyone else there at rope drop, rushed to get to Toy Story for fastpasses, which I have to talk about for a quick second. It’s actually really quite funny how there is like a stampede through the park to get to Toy Story. No one stops or walks slowly. We are all on a mission as experienced Disney goers and I find it hilarious. I think I laughed the whole way there, until I saw the ginormous line! Oh my goodness. I wish I could have gotten a good picture to demonstrate how long it was but it went from the kiosk all the way past the Voyage of the Little Mermaid and coiled from there! We waited because we weren’t in any rush, we were just happy to be there!

waiting in the fastpass line!

people were getting super feisty about waiting so this is our “we don’t know what to do face.” Haha!

While waiting we overheard a cast member saying that in Disneyland the same ride’s wait is never over 20 minutes long. Craziness! We got our fastpasses which I believe were for 3:34 – 4:34, but I forgot to write it down so I can’t be sure about that. I know it was after lunch which is a pretty late time for getting there first thing. We were happy to get them though because I know some people in that line weren’t going to so we merrily went on our way. We took a walk over to Rock and Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror, which both had pretty long lines so we decided to wait until later in the day to ride them, which turned out to be a good decision for us!

While we walked back we decided to stop and ride The Great Movie Ride, which I still very much enjoy even after riding it a thousand times. Classic is classic, ya know? We waited about 20 minutes and we had fun, which is all that matters.

Here’s our picture while waiting in line!

We got off to find a lot of characters, but specifically our favorites Chip and Dale were there! We hopped in line and waited a few minutes before we got to them.
Funny story here. Kayla was wearing a Steelers sweatshirt because they were playing that Monday night and she’s big on the sports! We walked up to Chip and he pointed at Kayla’s sweatshirt and clapped and we all laughed. They were really awesome characters and after our picture, Chip pointed at Kayla’s shirt again. The cast member who was taking our picture said “What Chip are you rooting for the Steelers too?” and he shook his head and tebowed for us! Kayla was super entertained by it and it was a really fun experience! Maybe not as funny as we found it at the time, but something I’ll never forget.

Chip and Dale.

After our character experience we decided just to walk around because everything was pretty crowded. We walked down to the Streets of America to get a stoop picture but we forgot that we wouldn’t be able to because of the lights so we got this picture!

haha fake stoop picture

Kayla!

We continued on to the visit the characters that are in the animation building and maybe stop and draw.
First we saw Mickey and got some of my favorite pictures with him!

Kayla getting a hug

Precious!

One of my favorites! He told us he wanted kisses!

And then we saw Pooh who is always so sweet!

We didn’t stay to draw because the line was a little crazy and we wanted to see if the line died down at all for Rock and Rollercoaster or ToT. The wait time said it was 40 minutes so we hopped in line. They were just opening it up from being down and people we entering from all different directions. We weren’t even sure what was going on and it was annoying. We tried not to let it get to us but I mean seriously just follow the rope and don’t be rude. The rudeness is what gets to me. You’re in the happiest place on earth so just try to be happy. It’ll make your trip like a million times better, I promise.

The wait was actually longer than the 40 minutes it said. It was probably around 60ish? I didn’t time it because I just did not look at the time we got in line, but it wasn’t horrible. We finally reached our limo and got to the concert! Yay! I will always love that ride. It reminds me so much of my family and Jon so It has a special place in my heart!

At this point we were getting really hungry because it was around 1:30, so we headed out to find something to eat! On our mission to find food, I remembered reading on Jess’s trip report that Starring Rolls closed early and we didn’t want to miss our chance to get a yummy cupcake! We stopped in and got a red velvet cupcake and a box so that we could eat it later, which makes for a pretty funny story next update!

We went to the Studio Catering Company, which we have never been to before, or maybe we have but they changed menus. Either way they had paninis that we both thought looked and sounded good so we gave it a try.

Good choice because YUM! SO GOOD! Seriously I would recommend this to anyone just doing quick service. Sometimes I worried that we would just be eating fries and chicken all week long, but I got chicken florintine press and it was DELICIOUS! Kayla got the Tuscan Press I believe, which she also really enjoyed. Dessert was also super exciting because they were offering the special holiday cupcake, which I couldn’t pass up! It was a gingerbread cupcake and it was delicious. Super rich and yummy, I could never eat one all by myself but splitting it with Kayla was just right! Kayla got the marble cheesecake, which was pretty good as well! Overall it was a great lunch choice!

Our whole lunch!

I just love this picture for some reason!

Stay tuned for the rest of our crazy day, including our first ever glimpse of the Osborne Family lights and a trip to Downtown Disney for dinner!

Continued in Next Post!

Old 05-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #37
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Congrats on finishing your school year!

Yall got such cute character pictures! I would have loved to see Chip tebowing, hahaha.

That holiday cupcake is just ADORABLE! So cute!

-Marissa
Old 05-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #38
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

I think we need more updates on this trip report!

Old 09-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #39
RyansMommy1
Mouseketeer

Is this still going on?!?! I was excited to read about it! Don't think Ive posted on your TRs but I've read them all!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: