Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
aspiringprincess1
Mouseketeer

Smile The Seester's Christmas Bay-cation! :) A Dec 18-22 TR *NEW 5/2*

The Seester's Christmas Bay-cation!

Well, here we are! We are starting the report for our most recent vacation. Wait, wait, wait. That is an understatement. BEST VACATION IN AMERICA.

I can't wait to tell you about our title! But you you'll have to read along! :P

Alright, so that may be an exaggeration. But I will tell you that it was one of the best trips to the world that I have ever had. 5 days of parentless, disney christmas bliss. But, I HAVE to share it with you all, because there is so much to tell you! Disney at Christmas is the best!

My sister and I will be your guides for this trip, or bay-cation if you will. You must want some intros...so without further adieu, your cast!

Christie

My beautiful sister and wonderful best friend. There is no one else that I would want to go on a trip to Disney World. This is only because she knows just as much as I do, if not more, and we agree on almost everything when it comes to touring the dis. Well, it's not the only reason. I've been going to Disney with her since I was 3. She's sorta stuck with me! I think she will be taking me on her honeymoon there...just kidding..........but am I?

Me! Kayla!

I don't know what to say really. I am 22 and student teaching as we read and write! I absolutely LOVE teaching, and I cannot wait to have my own classroom! I am a Disney FAREAK! I love everything about it. You should see my car. *fingers twisted* remember to take a picture to post for you all! It is decked out! I was really excited to take this trip, and I am almost as excited to share it with you all! (sorry, but going is a little more fun than retelling! :P )

Christie and I were really excited about this trip because it was our baby. Our random, let's do this, spur of the moment, crazy outlandish, wonderful vacation!

Quick Details, for all of you who are wondering!

Where; WALT DISNEY WORLD!
Accomodations: POP! First time!
When: December 18-22! RIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS!
Why: BECAUSE WE WANTED TO! SPONTANEOUS. CRAZY. BEST IDEA!
How: Merry Christmas, Love my family. My parents helped us out, paying a portion as a Christmas present. OH! and we had vouchers for Southwest because our flight in July got delayed 7 hours. (FOR MORE ON THAT, READ OUR CURRENT TR!)

Ah! I can't wait to get this started...for real! Between these two Trip Reports, and reading all of yours, I will have my Disney fix for a while!

Oh, and also from listening to DISRadio on live365.com <----GO LISTEN! NOW!

Keep your arms and legs inside the train, *** this here is the wildest ride to WALT DISNEY WORLD....ever!!

See ya real soon! xox

Silly me forgot our Table of Contents! <---Click Here to take you to it!

Current Reports!
Sure, we'll wait 7 hours! As Long as we get to WDW! July 14-22 TR!
Completed Reports!
Shake your "Bon-Bon"- Our "Last" Family Vacation-July '11 PTR

past trips-8/95 dixie landings (PO now), 5/96 poly, 12/96 offsite, 8/03 WL, 6/04 BC, 7/05 WL, 3/06 offsite, 7/07, WL, 3/08 offsite, 3/10 offsite 7/11 WL, 12/11 POP!

Last edited by aspiringprincess1; 05-02-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Hey Girl! I am following along on your other trip report, so I definitely have to join along on this one!

Isn't Christmas time at Disney World just the BEST?! It's just extra magical... I LOVE IT!

I know this is random, but I adore your haircut! So cute!

Can't wait to hear all about your BAY-CATION!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
mousetravel
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear more!
We were there at Christmas, too. Our dates were Dec. 15-21.

LOVED Disney at Christmas time!!!
Mom/Daughter PTR: Christmas Trip! 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post42724982
Mom/Daughter Trip Report June 2011: Disney Dream! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744972
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: Disney & Sea World 2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443520

Mom/Daughter Trip Report: WDW & Disney Cruise 2009 ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095302
Old 02-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
jpmom97
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to read more! I see y
ou are from Western PA, I went to Clarion Univ. What color eyeshadow do you have on in your pictures? You look so pretty.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #5
aspiringprincess1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Hey Girl! I am following along on your other trip report, so I definitely have to join along on this one!

Isn't Christmas time at Disney World just the BEST?! It's just extra magical... I LOVE IT!

I know this is random, but I adore your haircut! So cute!

Can't wait to hear all about your BAY-CATION!
Thanks for joining in on this one too!
This was our first time back at Christmas since we were 5 and 3, i think. See? I can't even remember!
and Thanks for the hair compliment! It's called an inverted bob! It's super easy, so I love it! haha
Hope you enjoy the rest of the TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
Can't wait to hear more!
We were there at Christmas, too. Our dates were Dec. 15-21.

LOVED Disney at Christmas time!!!
Thanks for joining in!
I LOVED it at Christmas time too! I'd love to go again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmom97 View Post
Can't wait to read more! I see y
ou are from Western PA, I went to Clarion Univ. What color eyeshadow do you have on in your pictures? You look so pretty.
Yes! I'm from Pittsburgh! I go to SRU, so I am familiar with the area up there closeish to Clarion!
My eye shadow is a purple color from ulta! It's their brand, so its pretty cheap. I put a light purple underneath so that it's a little smokey! Thanks! I'm glad that you like it!

Thanks everyone for reading along! We totally can't wait to tell you more! We hope to hear from you all again!

Oh! and look for our comments on your reports! I can't wait to have some new TRs to read!

Current Reports!
Completed Reports!

past trips-8/95 dixie landings (PO now), 5/96 poly, 12/96 offsite, 8/03 WL, 6/04 BC, 7/05 WL, 3/06 offsite, 7/07, WL, 3/08 offsite, 3/10 offsite 7/11 WL, 12/11 POP!
Old 02-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
tutti
Mouseketeer

Hello! Your trip looks like so much fun (you didn't even begin & I'm excited, I need my WDW fix too!) to be able to travel with another Disney Lover espeicially one who is your sister! Count me in!
Old 02-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #7
jpmom97
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiringprincess1 View Post
Yes! I'm from Pittsburgh! I go to SRU, so I am familiar with the area up there closeish to Clarion!
My eye shadow is a purple color from ulta! It's their brand, so its pretty cheap. I put a light purple underneath so that it's a little smokey! Thanks! I'm glad that you like it!
Thank you! I love Ulta but have never tried their brand, I think next time I go I will pick some up!
Old 02-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #8
TinkerBrig
Earning My Ears

Hey! Im in! Your trip sounds like it going to be fun! I wish I had a sister to got to Disney with but oh well...

Can't wait for your next update!

By the way I love your sister's beauty and the beast shirt! I have a sleeping beauty one!
Old 02-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #9
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Count me in!!!
Old 02-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #10
aspiringprincess1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBrig View Post
Hey! Im in! Your trip sounds like it going to be fun! I wish I had a sister to got to Disney with but oh well...

Can't wait for your next update!

By the way I love your sister's beauty and the beast shirt! I have a sleeping beauty one!
I wish you did too! But hey! If you ever need a sister to go with, I'm your girl!

Forever 21?! That's where we got this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMel11 View Post
Count me in!!!

Welcome! Glad you found us!

Current Reports!
Completed Reports!

Old 02-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #11
QuirkyBelle
Mouseketeer

I'm finally here! I've been so busy with work lately, and I was so excited to see the two updates over on your other trip report, that I had NO idea you started this one. Can't wait to hear all about this trip!
Old 02-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #12
Mini Minnie :)
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! Iím Christie, the other half of this trip report, and Iím so excited for you guys to read about this trip! Kayla and I have so much to share with you so weíre really happy you guys are reading along. So letís get started!

Chapter One: The sisters finally arrive!

Kayla and I both procrastinated on packing this trip, which I never suggest doing, but with school ending and workís Christmas extravaganza thing that we were working on the weekend, we just had no time! We worked the night before we left and hurried up and packed everything we needed before we went to bed. We had a list, but still. Iíll never wait that long again!

The day finally arrived and I canít even tell you how excited we were! This trip just seemed so surreal to us because we never thought it would actually happen, but the day finally arrived! Yay! Our flight was at 12:35 so we decided to leave early enough so we could stop at cracker barrel, which is really close to our airport. We picked up jon because he wanted to say goodbye and headed out for our last non Disney meal of the week! Yum!

We got to breakfast around 8:30 and talked about the details of our trip. (p.s cracker barrel pancakes are SO GOOD! I get them every time and they are beyond yummy.) We finished up at breakfast and headed to the drop off section of the airport, which was really nice because we didnít have to pay for parking.

We grabbed our bags went to check in our bags at southwest and headed over to the security lines. We had to say our goodbyes there and I have to tell you I was way more emotional then I though I would be! This was our first trip without our parents ever, and my first time without Jon since 2007, before we started dating. It was just weird leaving behind half of our Disney loving travel companions. But they were all so excited for us and after we shed a few tears we were back to being excited!

Security moved quickly, but Kayla and I both got scanned in that thing that x-rays you. It wasnít bad and everyone was really nice so no problems! We headed over to our mini monorail found our gate and got comfy for our 2 hour wait.

We had to stop and see these guys again! Kayla!

Oh you guys! haha

Southwest was also awesomely decorated!

After a little while, we decided it would be best to get Subway before our plane left because we wouldnít be eating a real meal until we got to the Very Merry Christmas Party and we didnít want to be starving all day. We got our subs and ate just before our plane boarded.

I was worried about getting a seat together with Kayla because when we checked into our flight, something went wrong so I was in section A while Kayla was in B. I didnít think I would be able to hold a seat for her without getting yelled at or having a family that wanted to sit together, but we both got on and situated so we were happy!

Just under 2 hours later we landed in the beautiful Orlando airport! YAY! We were seriously jumping up and down at this point! We headed to the mini monorail to get in line for the magical express!

Kayla on the mini monorail! Yay!

The best sign in the airport! That kid in the back kills me everytime!

again!

Kayla called our parents on the way and I called Jon to let him know that we landed safely. We got in line for POP, which had a decent line, but nothing crazy and we waited just about 10 minutes before we loaded a bus!

The POP sign!

We had to wait for the bus to fill up, but it did rather quickly and we were on the road by 3ish! Very nice, quick, and easy process! I love the magical express.

Waiting for the bus to fill up!

We drove for awhile until we saw this beautiful guy!

Not the best picture, but hey at least we kind of got it. Right?

POP! It was such a gorgeous December day too! Beautiful.

We were at our hotel in no time, and we were both really excited to see what it all had to offer! We heard some great things about this hotel and we werenít disappointed! There were kids running around and laughing, clearly excited to be there, which I love to see! We use the online check in, which was so easy. They pulled out our folder, gave us a map, and off we went to find our room in the 80ís building!

Walking to our room!

Clearly excited!

It was really a prefect fit for us because it was just around our era, and I thought it was fun to reminisce on the good times! We were also really close to the buses, which was so perfect for us. FYI ALERT: We requested to be close to transportation when we checked in online. We got an email saying that they couldn't fulfill our requests, but they actually did! So LESSON #1: Don't be too upset until you actually find out about your room!! We didnít plan on using the pool, or having a hotel day so for what we needed our location was perfect!

We got to our room and explored a little bit, not that it was very big at all, but it was great for us. We chose our beds, turned on Stacy (how could you not?), and got ready for Mickeyís Very Merry Christmas Party!

We were beyond excited for this experience! We changed, put on some makeup, and headed out for a bus for our fun filled night of parades, holiday wishes, and many character meetings!

And you have to stay tuned to see what makes me and Kayla have a reaction like this!

huge smiles, rosy cheeks, and a ridiculous pose to top it off. Only 1 character can do this to us (well one of two for Kayla). Can you guess who?! Stay tuned to find out!
Continued in Next Post!

Last edited by Mini Minnie :); 03-18-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:15 PM   #13
aspiringprincess1
Mouseketeer

Table of contents!

Here is the Table of Contents for The Seester's Christmas Bay-cation!

Hopefully, this will make it easier for you to navigate our Trip Report! Thanks for reading along!

Day One
The Sisters Finally Arrive!
Don't Mind if I Swoon! MVMCP part 1
The Magic, The Memories, and THOSE COOKIES!

Day Two
Waiting in line.....to wait in line!

Photopass Pictures!
Day 1 Part 1

Current Reports!
Completed Reports!

Last edited by aspiringprincess1; 05-02-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #14
MrsTeddy
Mouseketeer

I SHOULD be studying but I spent the last few days reading your PTR and your 2 TRs!

Makes me REALLY miss my seesters AND wish they were coming on our Disney trip, hopfully the next one!!

me Sar; wife to Les; mommy to Logan (July/09) and Eliya (March/12)

3rd Birthday with a 3 month old! July 2012 PTR

Disney Trips:
March 2000 offiste~March 2010 offsite~July 2012 AoA cars~December 2013 POFQ~!
Old 02-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #15
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Hey yall! I'm coming along for the ride. Looks like a lot of fun!

OH AND PS. I think I know where that reaction came from... FLYNN RIDER?!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: