Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #76
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Dining Thoughts

I have exactly 16 days until I can make ADR's and I think I finally figured everything out. Here's our list...I'll post new places in pink and places we've been before in purple:

Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Garden Grill (dinner)
50's Prime Time Cafe

Teppan Edo (dinner)
Yak & Yeti (lunch or dinner)
Raglan Road (dinner)

Chef Mickey's (breakfast)
Boatwright's (dinner)
Cape May Cafe (breakfast)

Now, we only have 7 table service credits, but I listed 9 places. I'm not sure where we're going to eat on our first night. If we stay at AK for awhile, we'll eat at Yak & Yeti. If we decide to go to DTD that night, we'll go to Raglan Road. Finally, if we want to just relax at our resort that night, we'll walk over to Riverside to eat at Boatwright's. I still have a few weeks to decide, so....any opinions? We've never eaten at any of those places.

Tony and Madison really want to go to MNSSHP again, so I have to change up our plans a little bit. I'd like to go too, but it's a very late night for our little guy.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic

Last edited by Dancegrl624; 03-08-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #77
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I have exactly 16 days until I can make ADR's and I think I finally figured everything out. Here's our list...I'll post new places in purple and places we've been before in pink:

Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Garden Grill (dinner)
50's Prime Time Cafe

Teppan Edo (dinner)
Yak & Yeti (lunch or dinner)
Raglan Road (dinner)

Chef Mickey's (breakfast)
Boatwright's (dinner)
Cape May Cafe (breakfast)

Now, we only have 7 table service credits, but I listed 9 places. I'm not sure where we're going to eat on our first night. If we stay at AK for awhile, we'll eat at Yak & Yeti. If we decide to go to DTD that night, we'll go to Raglan Road. Finally, if we want to just relax at our resort that night, we'll walk over to Riverside to eat at Boatwright's. I still have a few weeks to decide, so....any opinions? We've never eaten at any of those places.

Tony and Madison really want to go to MNSSHP again, so I have to change up our plans a little bit. I'd like to go too, but it's a very late night for our little guy.
50s prime time is our favorite! we have gotten the fried chicken and the chicken pot pie almost every time,,,we all loooove the fried chicken!! It's more than one person can eat, so if you need to do a TS out-of-pocket, you and Madison could definitely split the meal here...
Chef Mickeys is ok, but for me it's just waaaaay too stimulating/loud. I personally feel amped up the entire time I am there, Cape May on the other hand is my favorite breakfast place!
I think everyone I have ever read about going to Boatwrights has liked it..I think maybe one time Shelly didnt,..or else she has loved it every time! Maybe ask her...or look at her TR...
i know you can't wait to get the ball rolling!!! And,--have you bought any of the new dresses at Old Navy yet? I thought about you today when I got the email!

Last edited by Disney Mommy 3; 03-07-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #78
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Are you sure your colors aren't flipped? I could have sworn you did Chef Mickey's and Garden Grill on previous trips.
Crystal Palace breakfast is my fav dining ever! I just love an early breakfast there! Plus it's right by the baby care center so it's makes for a convienent quick change after breakfast!
I do love Garden Grill and we've done this the past 2 trips. However, with a baby in a highchair you will be seated in the inside loop, just an FYI. It's a little harder to get good pics with the characters on the inside IMO.
I do love breakfast buffets, and since you have FD that's great, but last time we did CM breakfast I felt is wasn't worth our money/time.
Love Raglan Rd and I know that Madison will love seeing the entertainment! I don't remember too much about the meal-I had a good shepards pie and I think DH had steak maybe? But the bread pudding is the best part of the whole place! (my DH would say the beer and whiskey!)
Honestly I would save your TS and go to POR for just their foodcourt. It is very good there!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #79
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
50s prime time is our favorite! we have gotten the fried chicken and the chicken pot pie almost every time,,,we all loooove the fried chicken!! It's more than one person can eat, so if you need to do a TS out-of-pocket, you and Madison could definitely split the meal here...
Chef Mickeys is ok, but for me it's just waaaaay too stimulating/loud. I personally feel amped up the entire time I am there, Cape May on the other hand is my favorite breakfast place!
I think everyone I have ever read about going to Boatwrights has liked it..I think maybe one time Shelly didnt,..or else she has loved it every time! Maybe ask her...or look at her TR...
i know you can't wait to get the ball rolling!!! And,--have you bought any of the new dresses at Old Navy yet? I thought about you today when I got the email!
I totally flipped the colors!!! We've been to Chef Mickey's, 50's PTC, etc before. Can you tell I was a bit distracted when I posted that update?? I'll go back and fix it!

I did buy a dress the other day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
Are you sure your colors aren't flipped? I could have sworn you did Chef Mickey's and Garden Grill on previous trips.
Crystal Palace breakfast is my fav dining ever! I just love an early breakfast there! Plus it's right by the baby care center so it's makes for a convienent quick change after breakfast!
I do love Garden Grill and we've done this the past 2 trips. However, with a baby in a highchair you will be seated in the inside loop, just an FYI. It's a little harder to get good pics with the characters on the inside IMO.
I do love breakfast buffets, and since you have FD that's great, but last time we did CM breakfast I felt is wasn't worth our money/time.
Love Raglan Rd and I know that Madison will love seeing the entertainment! I don't remember too much about the meal-I had a good shepards pie and I think DH had steak maybe? But the bread pudding is the best part of the whole place! (my DH would say the beer and whiskey!)
Honestly I would save your TS and go to POR for just their foodcourt. It is very good there!
I did flip my colors. We just adore Chef Mickey's and we've been there for breakfast our last 2 trips. It's the exact same buffet as Cape May and Crystal Palace (in my mind), but we just love the characters there. The noise level never bothers me.

Last time we ate at Garden Grill I think we were in the inside loop (up a few stairs?). Our pictures turned out good, but it was just Madison so it was quite easy to get a picture.

I know Madison would love the Irish dancers at Raglan Road. I've seen pics of other families from our school where their kids got to dance with the dancers there!

Dinner the first night just depends on what we want to do that day. I guess I need to decide soon! AH!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 03-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #80
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

I was wondering! I thought--haven't we discussed this before? Oh well, must have been someone else!,that's hilarious!!

Old 03-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #81
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I love the Yak & Yeti! I ate there after it first opened and the food was delicious. They have a counter service option too if you don't want to/don't have the credits for TS.

Raglan Road I've never been too but we're planning on stopping there this trip.

Good luck making your ADRs! Hope you get everything!
Old 03-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #82
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Your ADR's look great.
I was confused too when I first looked at your ADR's before you corrected your colors
I'm always trying to post quickly, and when I go back & re-read, I'll find so many errors that I've posted.
We always have to go to Chef Mickeys, it's Brads & kids favorite.
I've never seen anything about Raglan Rd, I'll have to research that one!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

onescgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #83
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
I was wondering! I thought--haven't we discussed this before? Oh well, must have been someone else!,that's hilarious!!
Haha...most of the time Cole is sitting on my lap, reaching for everything, touching the keys....welcome to my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I love the Yak & Yeti! I ate there after it first opened and the food was delicious. They have a counter service option too if you don't want to/don't have the credits for TS.

Raglan Road I've never been too but we're planning on stopping there this trip.

Good luck making your ADRs! Hope you get everything!
I've had to revise my plans a little bit. I didn't like the flow of our trip. I don't know why this is causing me so much stress? I am constantly checking out the menus on allears...have to make sure there are things for Madison to eat...she is super picky.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Your ADR's look great.
I was confused too when I first looked at your ADR's before you corrected your colors
I'm always trying to post quickly, and when I go back & re-read, I'll find so many errors that I've posted.
We always have to go to Chef Mickeys, it's Brads & kids favorite.
I've never seen anything about Raglan Rd, I'll have to research that one!
I am always typing super fast too. I make so many mistakes, but I do try to proof read my posts before I hit submit. Sometimes I overlook a few things I guess!

Chef Mickey's is just so much fun. They refuse to bypass Crystal Palace too. Trying to fit everything is driving me nuts!

Raglan Road is at DTD/Pleasure Island and they have Irish dancers! I know Madison would love it so much. I'm leaning towards eating there our first night.

Completed Trip Reports
Old 03-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #84
mandas08
Mouseketeer

Excited to see that you are planning another trip. We just took our lo (now 8 months old) on his first trip in Feb. We had an amazing time. We are trying to decide if we should make his next trip when he is 1.5 or 2.5 years old (or both ) I will definitely be following your PTR and TR. Also your little man is adorable...congrats again!
mandas08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #85
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandas08 View Post
Excited to see that you are planning another trip. We just took our lo (now 8 months old) on his first trip in Feb. We had an amazing time. We are trying to decide if we should make his next trip when he is 1.5 or 2.5 years old (or both ) I will definitely be following your PTR and TR. Also your little man is adorable...congrats again!
Thanks for joining me again! I'm sure it must have been so much fun to take your little one to WDW for the first time. I cannot wait!!!!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 03-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #86
lexmas
DIS Veteran

We loved Teppan Edo! You'll love it there! Yak and Yeti was good...I can't comment too much on that one because on our Table Service FD trip J.J. was 20 months and didn't eat a single thing all week (good thing he was nursing!) so one of us had to leave every restaurant with him, and Yak and Yeti was my turn!

We haven't had any problem with MNSSHP with babies, but I'm sure it depends on the kid. We took both kids as babies (J.J. at 20 months and Sydney at 15 or 16 months) and both fell asleep around fireworks time without a problem and we've gotten to watch the second parade, wander around and get some more candy, and enjoy the rest of the night. That said, we've never had kids on a routine, so they were always very flexible when out and about. If Cole is more structured, and won't just fall asleep if you're holding him or in the stroller or something like that, I'm sure it could be harder. When Sydney was 15/16 months she fell asleep in the sling and during the second parade one of the pirates yelled at her from the float, "WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING??? WAKE UP!!!" all the way down Main Street. One of my favorite memories!

Hoping to take a trip this year, but also contemplating buying DVC, which would involve skipping this year and using that money for the downpayment. We'll see where the year takes us.

Me- DH- DS (5)- DD (2.5)
lexmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #87
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Ok, I'm being curious (nosey?)-why did you pick FQ over Riverside? I'm thinking we may do Port Orleans instead of our usual Pop, but I'm back and forth over which side. I like the smallness of the FQ, but I'm hearing better things about the food court and amenities (I think the boys would LOVE the fishing hole and I'd like to rent a surrey) over at Riverside. I KNOW we can walk over there and use them, but frankly, once I get back to the resort after walking mile and mile at the parks, I'm lazy! So I'm just wanting to know your rationale to see if it helps me decide.

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #88
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmas View Post
We loved Teppan Edo! You'll love it there! Yak and Yeti was good...I can't comment too much on that one because on our Table Service FD trip J.J. was 20 months and didn't eat a single thing all week (good thing he was nursing!) so one of us had to leave every restaurant with him, and Yak and Yeti was my turn!

We haven't had any problem with MNSSHP with babies, but I'm sure it depends on the kid. We took both kids as babies (J.J. at 20 months and Sydney at 15 or 16 months) and both fell asleep around fireworks time without a problem and we've gotten to watch the second parade, wander around and get some more candy, and enjoy the rest of the night. That said, we've never had kids on a routine, so they were always very flexible when out and about. If Cole is more structured, and won't just fall asleep if you're holding him or in the stroller or something like that, I'm sure it could be harder. When Sydney was 15/16 months she fell asleep in the sling and during the second parade one of the pirates yelled at her from the float, "WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING??? WAKE UP!!!" all the way down Main Street. One of my favorite memories!
I have to look back over my tentative plans again. I don't remember where I'm eating anymore!!! It's been crazy around here lately.

Cole is pretty structured now, but who knows how he'll be 6 months from now. We will just have to be flexible with him which is fine with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
Ok, I'm being curious (nosey?)-why did you pick FQ over Riverside? I'm thinking we may do Port Orleans instead of our usual Pop, but I'm back and forth over which side. I like the smallness of the FQ, but I'm hearing better things about the food court and amenities (I think the boys would LOVE the fishing hole and I'd like to rent a surrey) over at Riverside. I KNOW we can walk over there and use them, but frankly, once I get back to the resort after walking mile and mile at the parks, I'm lazy! So I'm just wanting to know your rationale to see if it helps me decide.
We decided on POFQ for a few reasons...one central bus stop (yes, I know that the bus stops at Riverside too), more compact feel, recently refurbished rooms...I LOVE the look of French Quarter too. Honestly, I don't really like the "rustic" loook of Aligator Bayou and half of the mansions are getting the royal rooms (more expensive). We're not big food court people, so that doesn't bother me (we get breakfast there sometimes...you can't really screw up breakfast!). I just love the overall look of the resort too.

Completed Trip Reports
Old 03-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #89
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Tentative dining plans

Ok. I think I've worked out our schedule enough to have all of our ADR's in place! Here you go:

Sept 18- Raglan Road dinner
Sept 19- Cape May Cafe late bfast
Sept 20- Chef Mickey's late bfast
Sept 21- T-Rex lunch
Sept 22- 50's Prime Time lunch
Sept 23- Crystal Palace bfast
Sept 24- Garden Grill dinner

I cannot wait to make my ADR's next Thursday!!! Once everything is in place and I can finally relax. I have most of my plans in place, but not everything is set in stone quite yet. I obviously have our park plans laid out that revolve around our ADR's, but some other plans (mostly evening plans) are up in the air a bit. Thankfully I have plenty of time to work things out.

In other news...have you all seen the pics/videos of the Storybook Circus soft opening today? It looks FANTASTIC!!! I cannot wait to see everything in 6 months.

Completed Trip Reports
Old 03-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #90
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Ok. I think I've worked out our schedule enough to have all of our ADR's in place! Here you go:

Sept 18- Raglan Road dinner
Sept 19- Cape May Cafe late bfast
Sept 20- Chef Mickey's late bfast
Sept 21- T-Rex lunch
Sept 22- 50's Prime Time lunch
Sept 23- Crystal Palace bfast
Sept 24- Garden Grill dinner

I cannot wait to make my ADR's next Thursday!!! Once everything is in place and I can finally relax. I have most of my plans in place, but not everything is set in stone quite yet. I obviously have our park plans laid out that revolve around our ADR's, but some other plans (mostly evening plans) are up in the air a bit. Thankfully I have plenty of time to work things out.

In other news...have you all seen the pics/videos of the Storybook Circus soft opening today? It looks FANTASTIC!!! I cannot wait to see everything in 6 months.
I didn't realize the soft opening was today!! How cool!! I was thinking it was the end of the month....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: