Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #151
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Kudos to you for getting on a plane that early in the morning. I won't do it unless I'm forced to. I'd be ready to drop once we got to Disney.

I think we're going to check out Raglan Road this trip too. Not for dinner but maybe apps and drinks. I've heard great things about it and I love Irish pubs!

Day 1 sounds great!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #152
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Kudos to you for getting on a plane that early in the morning. I won't do it unless I'm forced to. I'd be ready to drop once we got to Disney.

I think we're going to check out Raglan Road this trip too. Not for dinner but maybe apps and drinks. I've heard great things about it and I love Irish pubs!

Day 1 sounds great!
I grew up getting up early for plane rides, so it's like second nature to me. Besides, I LOVE having a full day that first day. I've actually never been tired that first day. I guess I'm just happy to be at WDW that it energizes me.

I cannot wait for Raglan Road! The menu looks great.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #153
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Sounds like an amazing first day to me! There's something about going to Disney that gives you the energy to wake up ridiculously early without being tired!
Aww, hope Cole loves the shows at AK! I feel like they provide so much for a baby to look at!
Raglan Road looks soooo good! Ever since they changed the menu at Rose & Crown, Raglan Road has jumped to the top of our list for that type of food for our next trip.
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #154
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Awesome first day! I love POFQ and Raglan Road! Will you be 'requesting' a certain building?

Will Cole sleep in a stroller or will you be needing to let him sleep in the room? I love a nice cool nap in the room

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #155
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

That is going to be such a early morning! Will you even make it to bed the night before?
I love having a full 1st day, so it's going to be so worth it to make it to WDW still in the morning.
You will definitely need that nap after your visit to AK!!!
I can't wait to see how your meal at Ragland Road is, it does look like a neat restaurant!
I'm exited to go by boat to DTD! We will be doing that one night also!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

onescgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #156
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Sounds like an amazing first day to me! There's something about going to Disney that gives you the energy to wake up ridiculously early without being tired!
Aww, hope Cole loves the shows at AK! I feel like they provide so much for a baby to look at!
Raglan Road looks soooo good! Ever since they changed the menu at Rose & Crown, Raglan Road has jumped to the top of our list for that type of food for our next trip.
I spring out of bed on the morning we leave for Disney!

I think Cole will love both of the shows at AK. They are both so great!

I love looking at the Disney menus, especially for places we've never been before. Raglan Road looks amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
Awesome first day! I love POFQ and Raglan Road! Will you be 'requesting' a certain building?

Will Cole sleep in a stroller or will you be needing to let him sleep in the room? I love a nice cool nap in the room
Thanks! I've requested buildings 2,3,4 or 5. Those are the closest to either the pool, main building or bus stop. I know that POFQ is a compact resort, but I'd really like to stay in one of those "central" buildings. We have a garden view which is great. No parking lots!

Cole does fall asleep pretty much anywhere, but we've gotten into the habit to going back to the resort midday. On our last Sept trip, there were a few days we didn't go back, but for the most part we do. I love taking a nap in the a/c while Tony and Maddie nap. I don't mind staying in the room with Cole for some rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
That is going to be such a early morning! Will you even make it to bed the night before?
I love having a full 1st day, so it's going to be so worth it to make it to WDW still in the morning.
You will definitely need that nap after your visit to AK!!!
I can't wait to see how your meal at Ragland Road is, it does look like a neat restaurant!
I'm exited to go by boat to DTD! We will be doing that one night also!
Hahaha....I always try to go to bed early the night before Disney, but I'm always too excited to sleep!

A full first day is amazing. We won't have any time to do anything really on our depature day which is really bumming me out, so we have to make the most of every single day.

I didn't take a nap on our last Sept trip and I believe our flight was at 6:30am. We just powered through!!

I'm really looking forward to our first night. DTD and Raglan Road will be a great first night!

The boat looks like a great way to get around. Can't wait!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 04-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #157
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Going by boat to DTD is so much fun. The drivers mention trivia facts and point out weird and wonderful things.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your meal at Raglan Road, I'm excited and I'm not even going!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #158
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl View Post
Going by boat to DTD is so much fun. The drivers mention trivia facts and point out weird and wonderful things.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your meal at Raglan Road, I'm excited and I'm not even going!
In case you can't tell, I'm super excited about the boat ride!

I just love everything about Raglan Road and I've never been there yet! The atmosphere, the dancers, the food...yay!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 04-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #159
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Shopping Addiction

Ok, so I might need to go to "Shoppers Annonymous" but it's for Disney! Anyways....I placed on order online with Old Navy awhile ago and I finally got my stuff on Monday. I ordered a dress (which I returned today....it was too long), a halter top, sandals for Cole and pj's for Cole. Then, I went to ON today for Stuff and Save (30% off..yay!). Here's some pics!

Shirt on the left is what I ordered online and shirt on the right I bought today. Both are super comfy and nice and lightweight

Onesies for Cole (not for Disney). He has a hat that says the same thing as the yellow onesie. Love it!

Shirt for Maddie...bought it today

Shirt on the left is from ON and was an Easter gift for Maddie. Shirt on the right is from JCPenney's...it was only $6!

Today I also bought a flag hat for Cole, denim shorts for me, and a flag tee, denim capris & gray shorts for Maddie. It was a successful shopping trip!

Completed Trip Reports

Last edited by Dancegrl624; 04-19-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #160
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Cute stuff! I just love shopping too!!!!!!!!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #161
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

ok, you're making me want to go out shopping looking at all of your post!

I love your black & white top. The onesies for Cole are just too cute! I bet he will look so adorable in the yellow one with the matching hat!!!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

onescgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #162
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Hey Meghan! I am in! Looks like you have a great trip planned and have picked up some really cute clothes. Yay!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #163
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Cute stuff! I just love shopping too!!!!!!!!!
I have loved shopping ever since I was a little girl. Too bad Madison didn't get that gene!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
ok, you're making me want to go out shopping looking at all of your post!

I love your black & white top. The onesies for Cole are just too cute! I bet he will look so adorable in the yellow one with the matching hat!!!
What are you waiting for....get shopping! I love that top too. Super comfy and it's not low cut. Too many tops are just too low for bending over and picking up a little guy. Cole wears his "surfer dude" hat all the time. I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Hey Meghan! I am in! Looks like you have a great trip planned and have picked up some really cute clothes. Yay!
Thanks for joining! As you know, I love my Disney shopping!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 04-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #164
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Meghan! I am here...finally! I've been away from the boards except very limited. No Disney trip planned this year so it's been sad. But I don't care anymore, I need the boards to get my fix! So I am here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Tony and Madison really want to go to MNSSHP again, so I have to change up our plans a little bit. I'd like to go too, but it's a very late night for our little guy.
I took Landon to MNSSHP when he was just 10 months. We stayed nearly until it closed and I probably did push him just to his limit. Only towards the end did he get fussy, and then he fell asleep. I don't know how Cole is but Landon can sleep ANYWHERE. He has fallen asleep on a Kilamanjaro Safari, on Spaceship Earth, multiple buses, on the benches at restaurants, etc. So I think that you just need to know your son and take his clues. If there is no way you think you would get your money's worth before he crashed, then don't. If he is adaptable and goes with the flow, can sleep various places, etc. I would say go for it!

Are you planning on returning to the room for naps? I have never done that with Landon and he always just sleeps when he is tired. It's good that you already have the stoller fan! I would also do something like bring a light colored towel to put under him since most strollers are dark and thus attract more heat.

Can't believe he is growing up so fast! I'm very excited for his first trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Our plane leaves Buffalo bright and early at 6:10am. We'll probably get to the airport around 4:30am or so. There is NO ONE there that early! We'll most likely grab some breakfast on our way to the airport or once we're there. Never traveled this early in the morning with a little one, so any advice is great!
My advice for this would be to just ease him awake, make sure he has a few things he needs to keep him happy, like a snack/bottle/whatever, but not to overstimulate him! Getting him up early could GREATLY work in your favor. If he is tired, he can just sleep the entire plane ride! One time, I think on our second trip, Landon was half tired/half excited by all the new sights and sounds of a plane. I kept telling him in a gentle voice to keep his eyes closed so he wouldn't keep looking around. I would watch closely and have him close them again if he tried to peek. It took maybe 10 minutes, but eventually he did keep his eyes closed for me and then couldn't fight off his tiredness any more! He slept (and I did too! ) and when we woke up, we were starting to descend! It was great.

Can't wait for more updates!!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

princess_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #165
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

Joining in - and taking notes as I catch up!

1. We'll be down the same(ish) time! Sept 15-22 at Art of Animation!
2. I am SO glad you posted about the flights! Just tonight I was asking DH if there was a penalty or rule against flying down on one carrier and home on another... so glad to hear I can do this!
3. SO excited for MNSSHP, I think we're going to go twice!
4. I love when ADRs fall right into place! Makes for a magical start to a trip in the making!
5. LOVE all the goodies you've found on your shopping trips!
6. Day one looks GREAT!
7. Advice on flying with a little one: the liquids rule does not apply. Feel free to pack him applesauce, juice, milk, etc. for that early morning.
8. I love JCP's prices and quality for their girls clothes!

Can't wait to hear more as it evolves!
Girls Trip Round Two - September 2012 - Pop Century Resort / Introducing Oli to the Magic - February 2015 - Pop Century Resort

MadilynnsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: