Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
kll856
Earning My Ears

Hotel with shortest walk to main entrance

I know that all of the hotels across the street have relatively short walks. I'll be traveling with a 3 and 5 year old and given that I don't have any strong preferences on the various hotels (I'm not expecting to be blown away, just a clean, adequate hotel), I think that the shortest walk may be the deciding factor for us. I was looking at both Camelot Inn and Fairfield Inn... I've reviewed the maps but I can't tell exactly where the cross walk is. I assume even if I'm directly across the street from the main entrance that it doesn't really matter if I have to walk the opposite direction to get to the crosswalk. Can anyone shed some light on the actual walking times? Candy Cane Inn being on the same side of the street is intriguing but it looks a ways down there - any closer than the ones across the street? Thanks!!
kll856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
dbbydk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kll856 View Post
I know that all of the hotels across the street have relatively short walks. I'll be traveling with a 3 and 5 year old and given that I don't have any strong preferences on the various hotels (I'm not expecting to be blown away, just a clean, adequate hotel), I think that the shortest walk may be the deciding factor for us. I was looking at both Camelot Inn and Fairfield Inn... I've reviewed the maps but I can't tell exactly where the cross walk is. I assume even if I'm directly across the street from the main entrance that it doesn't really matter if I have to walk the opposite direction to get to the crosswalk. Can anyone shed some light on the actual walking times? Candy Cane Inn being on the same side of the street is intriguing but it looks a ways down there - any closer than the ones across the street? Thanks!!
I'm not such an expert that I can tell you distance to the crosswalks, but I can tell you, I have stayed at the Fairfield Inn with a then 5 yo and 2 yo, and also the year before that. It was so easy to get to the park entrance daily from there. And, kids eat free with a paying adult meal at the restaurant that shares their parking lot.
DL- 2000 (Honeymoon at the Hyatt)
DL- 2008 (First trip with kids) AKA: The Trip Daddy (& Mommy) Got Salmonella from the Airline Peanuts...
DL- 2009, 2010 (Fairfield)

DL- 2012 One More Disney Day Sweepstakes Winner!!

dbbydk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
GrandBob
Grand events should not go unnoticed
That's the Disney master plan!
For a carnivore, it was very good indeed

The two motels with the absolute shortest walk are BWPPI (Best Western Park Place Inn) and Park Vue Inn. But really, anywhere from HoJo's down to Ramada Maingate isn't bad. Camelot and Fairfield would be fine.

You really want to stay in the green areas marked on this map:

http://www.accommodationsneardisney....nd/default.asp

-Bob
GrandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
GrandBob
Grand events should not go unnoticed
That's the Disney master plan!
For a carnivore, it was very good indeed

This map may also help you:

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=33.809...6&z=18&l=0&m=b

You can see the crosswalk right in front of IHOP, which is right in front of Park Vue Inn.

-Bob
GrandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
EmmersIsTheMommy
Ew maybe the dolls dance all night. *shudder*
... and she shall be called Epic Emily (per Crush)

I stayed at Desert Palms which is even further than CCI but it wasn't too bad and we had a 4 and 2 year old. We liked it. It had an amazing breakfast included and was clean. Super nice people. The walk was probably about 10 min? The CCI is only 2 min closer than that.

This time we're staying at Desert Inn and Suites. They have video tours on their website. We needed a suite and they had the best price. The other places right across the street are pretty comparable with regular rooms.

The map GrandBob posted is fantastic and the areas in green would all be doable.

We stayed at HOJO's once..it seemed further than Desert Palms? Might just been a long time since we did it.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

Another map to help you. Clearly shows the pedestrian entrance. The HoJo above the McDs is considered an 8-12 min walk by most.

Anaheim/Disneyland Area Hotel Map
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hotels

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: