Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #16
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Jesse and June (Little Einsteins)

Handy Manny

Agent Oslo

Not too Sure of June

Jesse and his hero Jake from the Neverland Pirates

Jesse Dancing

The Conga Line

Zoey's favorite Chocolate muffins

And the resulting Chocolate face

Old 02-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #17
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Disney Playhouse

Daddy walking with Zoey

Sleepy Time

Register to remove

Old 02-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #18
rapriebe
Guess nobody is safe!!
Not really so quiet

Oh Mary, I am absolutely loving your trip report, I was anxiously waiting for it. Jessie looks like he is having the time of his life, he sure does "ham it up" with the characters. Your pirate adventure sounds like it was a blast, a great time was had by all. Can't wait for more reporting, you're doing a great job 'cause I feel like I was there with you. You have a beautiful, loving, caring family. You are blessed for sure!!

First visit to WDW 1989 and then discovered FW in 2001.
Many, many visits to FW since then.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #19
Angelrose

Thank you rapriebe. I'm glad that you are enjoying it. You are right, I am blessed with a wonderful family that takes such good care of me.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #20
Angelrose

February 7, 2012 The temps here are very warm for February. Iím glad I brought 4 pairs of shorts. We had breakfast in the home and them drove to Universal.

We headed straight for Harry Potter. We did the castle first. Karen and Chuck went first and while they were I pushed Zoey and picked out some name keychains with the Gryffindor shield. Jesse wanted one too and I also got him a Harry Potter pin with Hedwig and I picked out a couple of pins for myself. When Karen and Chuck came back I went in with Chuck. The line was amazing with lots of interactive things. The ride was awesome. Next we rode the Flight of the Hippogriff. I really enjoyed that too.

We saw Honeydukes and had to indulge. They had a limited edition of the chocolate frogs with Dumbledor card. I also got a glass jar with the Honeydukes label on it filled with peppermint straws. Chuck got the jar with lemon sherbet balls and the limited edition frogs and some truffles. I also got some gummy worms from the bulk bins and Chuck got the fruit slices.

Chuck went on the dragon challenge while Karen and I stayed with the kids. Neither of us like those extreme roller coasters.

That worked up our thirst and only a butterbeer would quench. I got the frozen in the souvenir mug and Chuck got the regular. Karen got the pumpkin juice. We all loved our drinks. I knew I would get the pumpkin juice later on.

We walked around a bit and had lunch at Three Broomsticks. I had the Shepherds Pie and Chuck and Karen had to rotisserie chicken platter with corn on the cob. The kids had chicken nuggets. After lunch we headed over to Seuss Landing. First we rode the carousel. I got to ride a pink elephant. Zoey kept saying ďRIDEĒ. They both loved it. We rode One Fish next. I rode it with Jesse and Karen rode with Zoey. We got wet! It was really very funny. Karen and I were laughing so hard the whole time. Iím glad I bought a Hogwarts sweatshirt because I was getting chilly.

We rode the train around which smelled of vanilla the whole time. It was very pretty to see everything in there.

We next saw the Grinch and we all got our pictures taken with him. When it was my turn I told him I didnít trust him. He nodded and pointed at me to look at the camera. When I did he stuck his finger in my ear. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. Next we saw the Cat in the Hat and got our pictures taken with him too.

Chuck asked Jesse if he wanted to ride the Spiderman ride. Jesse was very excited and I went along too. Itís a 3D ride and very realistic. Jesse only got scared once and yelled ďDaddyĒ. But Chuck put his arms around him and told him it was just pretend and nothing could hurt him. He was fine for the rest of the ride.

I stopped and bought a pumpkin juice, which tastes like liquid pumpkin pie, and sipped on it the rest of the day. It was getting late in the afternoon and we went to Jurassic Park so Chuck and Karen could ride the River Adventure. I didnít want to get any wetter so I stayed with the kids. When they came back they didnít get that wet at all. We then went back to Harry Potter and went in Ollivanders to see the show. It was very cute. We went to the Owl Post and Chuck and I both bought wands. It was funny, but when we got home, we saw that we had bought very similar wands. I also bought some post cards and got them postmarked with the Hogsmeade postmark.

We bought burgers for dinner and churros for dessert. We let the kids go on a few more rides on the train and carousel and then started for home. We wanted to ride One Fish again, but Jesse said he didnít want the ďrainy oneĒ again. So Karen and I rode it. We told the lady there that we didnít want to get wet. She told us to listen to the song and when it said go up, go up and when it said go down, go down and you wonít get wet. UH HUH No matter what we did we got wet. We were laughing so hard that the lady was laughing at us just as hard. It was time to head home.

It was another wonderful day.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #21
Angelrose

Inside Hogwarts Castle

The Sorting Hat

Hippogriff

Butterbear

Pumpkin Juice

Three Broomsticks

Old 02-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #22
Angelrose

Carousel

Snack Time

Dino Eating Jesse

Chuck's Favorite

Old 02-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #23
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

My goodness, Zoey is looking so grown up! She looks like she's really enjoying herself. And Jesse - looks like he's right where he wants to be.

Staying in a rented house makes going to Universal and Legoland so much more do-able. You can spend so much $$$$ staying on-site, then not going to a Disney Park every day seems costly.

Really looking forward to the rest of your TR!
Old 02-24-2012, 07:13 AM   #24
Angelrose

Thank you Julie. We split the cost of the vacation home. I only paid 1/3 and the kids paid the rest. It was so much more cost effective than staying on site. This way each kid could have their own room and the adults could have their privacy. I would definitely stay there again in a heartbeat.

Both Zoey and Jesse had a great time. All Zoey could say was "RIDE, RIDE, RIDE". She knew what she wanted. Jesse loved it all and he's getting a bit more brave about the rides. He still won't do coasters because they are scary. I'm with him on that! We'll see how he does in two years.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #25
Angelrose

February 8 We had breakfast at the home and made rope drop at Magic Kingdom. We went over to Tonyís to try and make a reservation for dinner, but they only had 7:30. We declined. We walked down Main Street and I saw my friend Dean. I donít think he remembered me, but thatís OK, because I remember him. About 10 to 15 years ago, he chose us to be Grand Marshals in the parade. Ever since then, every year when we would come back, I would get a hug from Dean. It just starts my vacation off right. It was very good to see him again.

Our first ride was Snow White, the Winnie the Pooh. Both kids loved them. Jesse really loved Itís a Small World. We had gotten fast passes for Peter Pan and got them for Mickeyís Philharmagic at the same time. Peter Pan is my all time favorite ride. Jesse loved it as well. After all itís about pirates. We saw Mickeyís Philharmagic but it was very blurry for some reason. Other people complained about it too.

We had lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. Karen had the Pilgrims feats (turkey and all the trimmings). Chuck had the lamb stew and I had the tri cornered sandwich. Jesse had spaghetti and boy did he eat it. We all had the ooey gooey toffey cake for dessert. Nowe that is so good itís sinful! I could have licked the plate.

After lunch we did the Haunted Mansion and then over to Pirates again. Chuck took Jesse on the speedway while Karen and I looked in the stores. I bought two pair of menís boxers to wear as jimmies. They were so soft and comfy.

It was right around 3 and Chuck and Karen took the kids home so we could have another adult night. The babysitter was to arrive at 4.

I took the monorail over to the Grand Floridian to go to Basin. They didnít have what I wanted, but I did find something that I liked. Itís called Samsarra and it smells just like an orange creamsicle. I bought a couple of pins and then headed back to Magic Kingdom. I stopped in the jewelry store and finally broke down and bought a Dooney and Bourke Tink wristlet. I had been looking at it for a while. It was an extravagance, but I wanted something small that I could just put in my lipsticks and sunglasses and this was perfect.

I found a nice place to sit and relax in Tonyís lobby. The chair was soft and I turned it around so I could watch Lady and the Tramp. At 5 I watched the flag retreat. Itís a beautiful ceremony. After the flag is taken down you say the Pledge of Allegiance and they plan the national anthem and the American the Beautiful.

Right about then, Chuck and Karen walked up. We asked at the podium if they could take us and they said there would be a 35 minute wait. That was fine with us. Karen and I had the spaghetti and meatballs and Chuck had the chicken Parm. Everything was great. I even ate some of the spaghetti. Itís considered sinful if youíre Italian and donít like spaghetti, but I just donít like pasta. This was very tasty and I enjoyed it. I was the only one who wanted dessert and I had the pistachio crŤme brule.

We did Haunted Mansion again. Somehow itís better at night. I just love all the new interactive things in the line and the improvements in the ride itself. We also did Pirate again. Then Chuck and Karen talked me into riding the speedway. Chuck kept racing and trying to bump into Karen but she was driving slow. He kept teasing that he had the faster car. We found out after the ride that Karen had a man with a toddler in front of her and she couldnít go faster. I was just thrilled that I could get out of that car.

The fireworks had started while we were riding and we got to see a bit of them. We rode the People mover and our last ride was Buzz.

Chuckís score was an impressive 722,230. Karenís was 25,400. Mine was a whopping 7,300 which made me a space cadet, something that everyone has know for ages.

I returned my scooter and we headed home. It was 10 by the time we got home.

Itís now 11:50 and I am closing my eyes. Itís been a long but great day.

Liberty Tree Tavern

Not A King

My dumbest picture. I was trying to see where to aim that stupid gun and then they reversed our scores. Chuck was pissed at that.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #26
Angelrose

Another Adult Night Out

I'm not sure if I have any other pictures of that night. I'll have to check and see at the end of my report and post all the other pictures I seem to have.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:03 AM   #27
Angelrose

February 9 I woke up with a start at 6:30. We had reservations at 100 Park Faire at 8:05. I got my cup of hot chocolate and got dressed. We were all ready to go right on time.

Chuck wasnít feeling well so he didnít feel like eating. He did drink a lot of juice. Karen and I and the kids had a great breakfast. We loved the strawberry soup. I had an omelet with onions, peppers, bacon and cheddar and Mozzeralla mix. For dessert I had some wonderful bread pudding with Vanilla sauce.

Pooh came out first and Jesse gave him a big hug. Chuck took pictures. Then came Tigger. Zoey is still afraid of the characters but Jesse loves them. Mary Poppins came out next, but Jesse was too shy to pose with her, but Karen and I got a nice picture with her. We also got pictures with Belle. Last Alice came out and Karen and I got our pictures taken with her. She posed behind Jesse and Zoey so we could get a picture like that. Alice loved Zoey's hair, which always sticks up. She started playing with it and Zoey didn't mind at all.

When the bill came our server didnít charge for Chuck since he didnít eat anything. He told her he drank some juice, but she said it was no problem. I thought that was very sweet of her.

We drove 45 minutes to Legoland. There were plenty of rides for Jesse but the only thing Zoey could ride was the carousel. She did love the playgrounds. The child has no fear. She went on the big kids slide with no problem. She even swung herself off like Jesse did. Anything Jesse does, she wants to do. Jesse had fun with all the rides and even better time in the playground. He and a couple of other boys collected all the legos and made a long tower on the floor. The other boys helped, but then lost interest. Jesse used up every lego and then made Chuck take a picture of it.

Jesse didnít want to leave but we had reservations for Boma for dinner and Chuck was feeling better.

It was wonderful as usual. I now have to wait another two years to eat there again.

We were all pretty tired so we just drove home and relaxed the rest of the evening.

I didnít get to do much today but sit and watch. Legoland is only for kids 4 to 12. Any younger wonít be able to ride. I think they should make some rides for younger kids too.

Iím going to go to bed early tonight.

I don't know why Jesse was posing so strangely. He loves Tigger.

Alice playing with Zoey's Hair

Last edited by Angelrose; 02-24-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #28
Angelrose

Carousel at Legoland

Slide at Legoland

Jesse and his Charger

Albert & Chuck

Jesse & the Giraffe

Pirate Legos

Jesse's Lego Tower

Old 02-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #29
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville, Reeking Lumstown, Older than Dirtboro, Only post the good ones, USA

You brought sunshine to my rainy Friday morning! I'm loving your report, I feel like I was there with you! And the pictures are truly beautiful! I want to get on a plane tomorrow and do everything you did

The tag fairy loves me

Old 02-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #30
Angelrose

I'm so glad you are enjoying it snappyd. We did have a great time and as soon as I win that Publishers Clearing House $5,000 a week for life, I will be right on that plane with you!.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: