Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #91
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I can't believe the wait times for the major EPCOT attractions. They are practically nothing!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #92
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I can't believe the wait times for the major EPCOT attractions. They are practically nothing!
I know! The beginning of the week was wonderful for low wait times for me. Good thing about visiting in February.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #93
PhoenixStrength

DAY 3, MONDAY FEBRUARY 13TH, PART 5

At exactly 11am they opened the Mexico pavillion, and in I went. I went right to the Gran Fiesta Tour, and got on the first boat.

I walked around inside the pavillion for a bit, and bought myself one of those coins from around the world packs that have a coin from each of the countries. I also got myself a pressed pennies book here because I have a TON of them, and didn't have a book to put them in!

I was starting to get hungry when I walked out, so I went right across to La Cantina De San Angel for lunch.

I got the chicken soft tacos with nachos, and churros for dessert. They were all delicious. The only issue I had was that they did not tell you the chicken was spicy on the menu, and it was very spicy to me. I went thru several drinks eating them, but they were delicious.

I was SURROUNDED by birds the whole meal, so I got a ton of pics of them hoping for scraps.

Once I finished eating I got one more picture of Mexico, and then headed to Norway.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Old 06-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #94
PhoenixStrength

DAY 3, MONDAY FEBRUARY 13TH, PART 6

I headed to Norway next to ride something I never had before, Maelstrom. I don't remember why I didn't ride it the last time I was there, but I think it was broke down. I got a few Norway pics in first...

...then on to Maelstrom! It had a short wait, maybe 7 minutes? I got some pictures in line, but none on the ride itself.

Once I got done with the ride I wandered around the shop for a bit, but didn't buy anything. I did get a picture of the troll though!

I got a few more pictures in Norway before heading to China.

I stopped in the store in China to pick up some dragon statues for my brother-in-law, since he collects them. No pics of them though, sorry!

A couple pictures as I walked over to Germany next.

NEXT TIME: GERMANY!

Old 06-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #95
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Loving your trip around World Showcase! Your pictures, even inside, are fantastic!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 07-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #96
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

I'm loving your EPCOT photos! It has only been since May, but I am in full-on WDW withdrawal. Your photos help.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #97
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Loving your trip around World Showcase! Your pictures, even inside, are fantastic!
Thanks! I love my camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
I'm loving your EPCOT photos! It has only been since May, but I am in full-on WDW withdrawal. Your photos help.
Me too, and I have no trips planned right now.

Old 08-26-2012, 02:33 PM   #98
PhoenixStrength

I feel so bad that I've been away for over a month and a half from my own thread, again! I've had a ton of crazy stuff happen in real life, but it's slowing down and I should be back to finish this finally!

Real life: It was summer (still is, but keep reading). That is the busiest time of the year for us at work, so I've been working 12-18 hours a day, 7 days a week, since May. Doesn't leave a lot of time for doing updates. Now that school is back in session (well, it starts tomorrow here) it is slowing down so I'll be doing 10-12 hours a day instead, 6 days a week-ish, instead. Not as good for my paycheck, but better for me being able to sleep at least.

Be back shortly with an update!

Old 08-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #99
PhoenixStrength

DAY 3, MONDAY FEBRUARY 13TH, PART 7

So, I had just left Norway and was heading into Germany. As I walked into Germany I saw a familiar face:

She had a LONG line waiting for her, so I took a pic as I walked by and kept going. I walked around Germany for a bit and got some pictures.

I bought my father a mug in one of the shops (he's German!), but didn't get a picture of that either (I was really bad at taking pictures of the souvenirs I bought).

Italy was next:

And a picture of Spaceship Earth from across the water.

I walked through American Adventure, since there's not much to see there, but I did get 2 pictures.

And then it was Japan! I LOVE the Japanese pavillion. It's so beautiful, and it has my favorite souvenir, the Pick-A-Pearl.

I went into the main store in Japan to do the Pick-A-Pearl. I had bought 5 cages off the internet late last year. I got 2 for me, 1 for each of my sisters and 1 for my mother. I wanted to get pearls for each of them, so I paid for 5 of them and waited in line for my turn. It was a busy afternoon there, so I had 5 or 6 people ahead of me. I got a picture of the tank while waiting.

After about 10 minutes it was my turn. I wound up getting a few of the oysters in the center of that picture, and 2 from the tank on the other side. I did take pictures of the pearls I got, but I can't find them anywhere, so I'm going to have to come back later and post them once I do find them. I can say I got 2 BIG silver pearls, 1 gold, 1 slightly pink, and 1 white. They will all very nice pearls, and they made a huge deal out of it, as they do with everyone. When I was done I had several people come up to me as I was leaving asking how I picked the oysters so they could get the other colors too. I just told them the trick I learned on here, that you pick the ugliest, hairiest one. It worked for me!

I took a couple more pictures in Japan before heading to Morocco.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Old 08-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #100
PhoenixStrength

DAY 3, MONDAY FEBRUARY 13TH, PART 8

After finishing in Japan and Morocco I headed into the next pavillion, France. I was soon attacked by a crazy Beast!!

Okay, so he was quite cordial, but was going to a break so I just got a picture of him and then walked around France for a bit.

I headed across the little bridge to England next, where I, what else, took some pictures!

I took pictures across the lagoon of the other countries. First up, Mexico.

Norway

China

African Outpost

Germany

And Italy

I got a quick picture of the pretty sky (and palm trees!), then headed to Canada.

I went down to see the movie, but had just missed the showing. I was starting to feel off, not really sick but not right, so I just got some pictureS of the waterfall and left.

I walked around the garden for a while too.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Old 08-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #101
PhoenixStrength

DAY 3, MONDAY FEBRUARY 13TH, PART 9

A couple more pictures from Canada's garden.

I headed back to Future World, getting a picture of Spaceship Earth and the fountains before heading to The Seas with Nemo and Friends.

Mine, Mine, Mine?

Then I headed in for the Finding Nemo attraction.

Then pictures of the animals inside.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST!

Old 08-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #102
PhoenixStrength

DAY 3, MONDAY FEBRUARY 13TH, PART 10

More pictures of the aquatic life inside The Seas with Nemo and Friends.

Then I got some pictures from the large tanks.

I was about to leave when Scuba Mickey got in the tank. I got a couple of pictures before people started crowding in so I left.

I headed over to Spaceship Earth next. I only waited about 2-3 minutes to ride, but got a few pictures as I went in, then got on.

We got stopped around the top of the sphere. They made the announcement that it was only a brief stop, but several people around me started complaining loudly anyway. That is, until the person in front of me shouted that the brief stops were usually to let someone in a wheelchair on the ride. That shut them right up! I got a good picture where we stopped, then the Earth before I started working on my Future!

I took a picture of the survery marker near the ride...

then tried to decide where to head for dinner. Where do I go?

NEXT TIME: DINNER, AND NOT FEELING SO GOOD!

Old 08-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #103
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I am loving all of the pictures! Ahhh, I so wish I were in Epcot right now!

Old 08-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #104
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
I am loving all of the pictures! Ahhh, I so wish I were in Epcot right now!
Me too!!! )

Old 08-28-2012, 07:23 AM   #105
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Great photos!!!! I'm glad you're back!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: