Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #46
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

DAY 2, SUNDAY FEBRUARY 13TH, PART 3
BEING A GOOD DIS-ER AND BREAKING A RULE!

After Jenn left I headed back into MK, with my camera out this time. But, before I went back in I got a photopass photographer to take my picture!

As I walked back under the train station there were several characters right there signing autographs and taking pictures. I didn't stop for pictures with them, but I did take pictures of them.

I stopped at another Photopass photographer and got my picture in front of the castle.

I stopped in the Hub and got another picture of the castle itself, and one of the Partners statue.

There was a little show going on in front of the castle, but I just snapped a quick picture and kept going toward Tomorrowland.

Which attraction was I headed to you ask? Here's a hint "Hellooooo Humans!".

I only waited a few minutes for the doors to open, and got a some pictures in while waiting.

Soon I was heading thru the doors and into Monstropolis to wait some more in there!

After we learned why we were there we all headed into the theater, which is where I broke a rule. There is no picture taking in the theater, but I took a couple as people came in before putting my camera away.

The show was funny and cute, as usual. I headed over to Space Mountain next, and got a picture of Space Chip and Dale on the way.

I think the wait said 10 minutes, or maybe 15. I don't think I wound up waiting more than 10 minutes to ride though in any case. As you can see, the line was not very long at all.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 03-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #47
PhoenixStrength

DAY 2, SUNDAY FEBRUARY 12TH, PART 4

After riding Space Mountain again I got on something I hadn't done earlier that day, PeopleMover! I enjoyed the relaxing ride, and took some pictures of the other attractions along the way.

After that relaxing trip around Tomorrowland, I got back on Buzz Lightyear.

I improved on my score from earlier that day.

And took a redneck ride photo of myself. This was the only ride I never tried to make a funny face on, as I forgot everytime.

Buzz was posing and signing autographs right outside the ride exit.

I headed over toward Fantasyland again, and took some pictures of the construction over the fence.

I grabbed a Fastpass for Peter Pan's Flight, then headed to my next ride. Any guesses which ride?

Any guesses?

Haunted Mansion, of course!

I skipped the new section of the line, and headed right in front of the cemetary.

Continued in next post.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #48
PhoenixStrength

DAY 2, SUNDAY FEBRUARY 12TH, PART 5

I only waited 10-12 minutes in line before I was in the stretching room. I managed to take a few pics, including an okay one of the hanging!

I was slowly corralled with many others into the small line, and took a picture of the light fixtures while shuffling in.

I only got one decent picture while on the ride, of the "ghost writers" busts in the library.

I got a couple of pictures as I walked out the exit, including Mr. Toad.

I headed toward Frontierland next, and got a couple pictures of birds making themselves at home on the pathway.

I decided that despite the cooler weather I would go ahead and ride Splash Mountain, especially since the wait was only 10 minutes posted, though it probably took only 5 minutes until I was on. And most of that time was walking through the long que line to get up to the ride!

I was soon on the ride, and in the front seat. I was not looking forward to that, since I wanted to avoid getting soaked, but oh well.

We got to the bottom of the last climb before the big drop and.......

Nothing. The ride stopped right below the vultures.

We sat there for about 5 minutes listening to the same lines over and over before they cut the sound and turned all the lights on. They made announcements to stay in your car and that the ride would be re-starting soon. Several CMs were running up and down the stairs right there talking on the phones and resetting things as the announcer told them to. It finally restarted after about 10-12 minutes and the rest of the ride went smoothly. My ride picture wasn't good. I was trying to look bored, but was facing the wrong way.

But, since we were all stuck on the ride for so long we all got Fastpasses good for 3 days for any ride in Magic Kingdom!

NEXT TIME: CONTROL YOUR SON!

Last edited by PhoenixStrength; 03-04-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #49
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great updates! You got quite a bit done with Jen, and then went to have beneigts (I know that is spelled wrong) too (have never had one--have heard pros and conds).

Love your photopass pictures--very cute. And what cute photos you got of all the characters.

You are a brave woman going on Splash Mountain that weather. We skipped it...it just wasn't warm enough for us freezy cats.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #50
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great updates! You got quite a bit done with Jen, and then went to have beneigts (I know that is spelled wrong) too (have never had one--have heard pros and conds).

Love your photopass pictures--very cute. And what cute photos you got of all the characters.

You are a brave woman going on Splash Mountain that weather. We skipped it...it just wasn't warm enough for us freezy cats.
It was really slow that day, so we were able to get a lot done in a short amount of time. The beinets were excellent, but everyone has their own likes and dislikes. If you've had and liked Funnel Cake, you'd like beinets.

I debated Splash back and forth. I wound up taking my jacket off and putting it in my bag so that it would be dry to put back over me when I got off. My pants wound up quite wet though, which was not fun for a while.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #51
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Great pictures from Haunted Mansion! I'm never able to get good pictures from that ride. Too bad about Splash Mountain. That would've stunk if you were following a touring plan. Nice reward after the ordeal though! I find Splash goes down a lot. It also happened to me one morning. What should've been a 10 minute experience turned into a 20 minute ordeal....and it was first thing in the morning!
Old 03-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #52
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
Great pictures from Haunted Mansion! I'm never able to get good pictures from that ride. Too bad about Splash Mountain. That would've stunk if you were following a touring plan. Nice reward after the ordeal though! I find Splash goes down a lot. It also happened to me one morning. What should've been a 10 minute experience turned into a 20 minute ordeal....and it was first thing in the morning!
Thanks!

Splash does go down a lot. I rode it again later in my trip and it went down twice while I was in line!

Old 03-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #53
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

You were able to get quite a bit done at the Magic Kingdom! I am sure you were loving the fact that the lines were short and, from the pictures, it doesn't look crowded either.

Thanks for posting pictures of the Fantasyland construction. I can't wait to see what it looks like once the walls are down.

I think that the picture on Splash is great! You look sooooo bored and "let's get this over with". Love it!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 03-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #54
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You were able to get quite a bit done at the Magic Kingdom! I am sure you were loving the fact that the lines were short and, from the pictures, it doesn't look crowded either.

Thanks for posting pictures of the Fantasyland construction. I can't wait to see what it looks like once the walls are down.

I think that the picture on Splash is great! You look sooooo bored and "let's get this over with". Love it!

I did get a lot done, and there is still more to come! The crowds were not there, that's for sure. The only line more than 20 minutes all day was Peter Pan.

I got more pictures of the construction later in the trip to post.

Thanks! You guys inspired me to try for funny pics. More to come later!

Old 03-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #55
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Great photos! What kind of camera did you use to get the photo inside the HM? I can never get those to come out. Awesome photos of the birds, too- I love birds. What did you use to keep your camera dry on Splash? I love the photo looking up the final hill into the light! You are looking super-fit, by the way!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #56
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
Great photos! What kind of camera did you use to get the photo inside the HM? I can never get those to come out. Awesome photos of the birds, too- I love birds. What did you use to keep your camera dry on Splash? I love the photo looking up the final hill into the light! You are looking super-fit, by the way!
Thanks! I used my Nikon CoolPix L120 for all the pics I took and are posting. I put my camera away in a plastic gallon size bag in my backpack during the drop and pull it back out afterward to keep it dry.

Thanks! I had lost 41 lbs at the trip, and have lost 2 lbs more since the trip. I'm glad it shows!

Old 03-06-2012, 07:50 AM   #57
MissManda
DIS Veteran

So enjoying your updates. I can't believe though you did Splash Mountain when it was so cold. Brave person! I don't think I could have.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #58
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissManda View Post
So enjoying your updates. I can't believe though you did Splash Mountain when it was so cold. Brave person! I don't think I could have.
Thanks! I think cold is a relative term. I don't even put a coat on unless it is under 30 degrees, so it wasn't the temperature that bugged me as much as just liking wearing wet jeans around for hours.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #59
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Thanks! I think cold is a relative term. I don't even put a coat on unless it is under 30 degrees, so it wasn't the temperature that bugged me as much as just liking wearing wet jeans around for hours.
I am the same way! Anything under 30 degrees is coat weather, 30-48 degrees is sweater weather, 49-65 degrees is t-shirt weather, & anything over 65 is swimming weather!
Old 03-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #60
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
I am the same way! Anything under 30 degrees is coat weather, 30-48 degrees is sweater weather, 49-65 degrees is t-shirt weather, & anything over 65 is swimming weather!
Exactly! I think it's because we live further north, where colder temps are a reality of life!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: