Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #301
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Magic Kingdom, my favorite! I don't think there is a ride in the park I don't like except the Stitch one. I even like the Hall of Presidents and try to hit that every trip!

I can't believe that there are that many people that don't like Laugh Floor. I love how interactive it is and that it changes every time.

I definitely want to ride the Liberty Bell this trip. It's been closed the last two times I've been there. I'm sure I've ridden on a past trip but I don't remember. I also want to catch Dumbo as I haven't ridden that one since I was a kid.

The chicken sandwich looks good from Cosmic Rays. Mom and I are planning on eating there in November. We usually hit up Columbia Harbor House or Caseys but want to try something new this time. Of course if the new Be Our Guest restaurnant is open we may end up there instead.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #302
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Magic Kingdom, my favorite! I don't think there is a ride in the park I don't like except the Stitch one. I even like the Hall of Presidents and try to hit that every trip!

I can't believe that there are that many people that don't like Laugh Floor. I love how interactive it is and that it changes every time.

I definitely want to ride the Liberty Bell this trip. It's been closed the last two times I've been there. I'm sure I've ridden on a past trip but I don't remember. I also want to catch Dumbo as I haven't ridden that one since I was a kid.

The chicken sandwich looks good from Cosmic Rays. Mom and I are planning on eating there in November. We usually hit up Columbia Harbor House or Caseys but want to try something new this time. Of course if the new Be Our Guest restaurnant is open we may end up there instead.
I like everything in MK too, except Stitch. Not all are must dos, but I enjoy them all.

Funny thing about Liberty Belle is that according to WDW's website, it was closed during my dates. I even checked their site again that night after I got back to my room, and it said it was closed. It was running all day though.

Cosmic Rays is nice, and has a large variety of foods to choose from.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #303
PhoenixStrength

DAY 7, FRIDAY FEBRUARY 17TH, PART 2

When I left off I had just boarded the Liberty Belle and was waiting for everyone else to board so we could leave. I was happy to be on the lower deck, as just as we pulled out, it started raining.

We had a nice leisurely ride around Tom Sawyer Island while the rain fell. I, of course, took a ton of pictures along the way.

Seems some poor child lost her Minnie Ear hat

And a few more pictures as we pulled into the dock again.

As I disembarked I realized the rain had stopped! I was pretty luck that the rain only lasted while I was on the Liberty Belle. I made my way to Frontierland next.

Passing the then closed-for-refurbishment Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Old 10-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #304
PhoenixStrength

So, as I said, I was happy to avoid the rain while on the Liberty Belle. So, where did I head next then? Why, Splash Mountain of course!

Even though the wait was long, I was okay with waiting. That was probably a mistake. But before I explain why, here are some pictures as I walked in.

I was thinking maybe the wait time was off, because as I walked into the first building that the line goes thru, this is what I saw:

But as it snaked back outside I was stopped. Oh well, I still took some pictures!

I think I mentioned earlier in my TR that there were lots of teen groups there, mostly cheerleading but some others too. I was "lucky" enough to have a group of about 20 teens behind me in line. They were loud, several kept chickening out then cutting back thru the line to rejoin later, and just being annoying. I was glad I was in front of them though, and not behind them as I would have said something to them if they kept leaving just to come back 10 minutes later to get back in front of me. It didn't help that the 55 minutes wait time was wrong. It actually took about 70 minutes to get on. But I survived the line and as we went down the last tunnel part of the line the pace quickened since no one was coming down the FP side.

And then I was on.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #305
PhoenixStrength

A couple more pictures of Splash Mountain

I LOVE that the guy in front of me was trying to do a pose, but the woman he was with wasn't. And the woman in front of him kind of blocked him anyway!

I didn't get wet AT ALL. I might have gotten a couple of drops of water on me, but I got the wettest from sitting on the wet bench when I first got on!

I headed to Adventureland next, to take a ride with Jack Sparrow (I wish!)

I got more pictures in the line then on the ride itself.

Next up was an attraction I didn't particularly love the last time I visited, but wanted to try again since it was refurbed back to it's original form again between my visits. Which one? Enchanted Tiki Room!

No pictures inside the theater, since I was one of the last in and didn't get a chance before the show started. But I enjoyed it more than the "Under New Management". It's still not a must-do for me though.

It was around 4pm then, and I was starting to get hungry again from all of that walking. I stopped in next door to eat at Pecos Bills Tall Tales Cafe.

I got the Taco Salad with chocolate cake. Not a big fan of chocolate cake, but it was okay. The Taco Salad was great, as always. I love the toppings bar there!

After I finished I decided to head back to Tomorrowland to use some of the FPs I had. As I walked I passed the band playing in Frontierland (sorry, can't remember their name right now, but they are very good!).

And took some pictures of the progress they were making at Storybook Circus at that time.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #306
PhoenixStrength

As I walked into Tomorrowland I took a couple shots of the landscaping.

I hopped onto my favorite lazy ride next, the Peoplemover!

If you look in the center of this picture you can still see the Mickeys Toontown Fair signs on the old pathway. They are gone now, but it made me kind of sad to see this.

After my ride thru Tomorrowland I decided to use my Fastpass for Buzz Lightyear. Good thing I had it too, as the line was a little long.

After a pep talk from Buzz, I was ready to go defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg!

Are you ready for this score?????

Oh, and my once-again-forgot-to-pose picture.

I headed around the corner to watch another session of Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. The wait was the longest I had seen it all trip.

But the line moved faster than that, and within 10 minutes I was in the holding area, watching the pre-show video.

The show was funny, as always.

NEXT TIME: FANTASYLAND FUN!

Old 10-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #307
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Oh man, I would have been annoyed to wait for over an hour for a ride with a big group of teenagers just behind. At least they didn't try to cut in line in front of you.

Ron and I are actually in the minority that prefers Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management. According to my baby book though the classic version used to be one of my favorite attraction when I was a toddler.

I love Pecos Bill's taco salad!

Good job on that Buzz score! I'm happy if I can get more than 10 thousands...
Old 10-21-2012, 01:14 PM   #308
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Oh man, I would have been annoyed to wait for over an hour for a ride with a big group of teenagers just behind. At least they didn't try to cut in line in front of you.

Ron and I are actually in the minority that prefers Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management. According to my baby book though the classic version used to be one of my favorite attraction when I was a toddler.

I love Pecos Bill's taco salad!

Good job on that Buzz score! I'm happy if I can get more than 10 thousands...
The teens weren't THAT bad to me, just kind of annoying. I'm sure the people behind them didn't appreciate the ones that were coming and going though.

I didn't hate Under New Management, but I do think it was just overly tacky. I did like having Zazu and Iago in an attraction though.

Pecos Bills taco salad is one of my favorite CS meals, mostly because they have that awesome toppings bar where you can make it exactly how you want it

There are lots of tips on how to get high scores on Buzz. Mostly it's knowing which targets are worth the most.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #309
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post

There are lots of tips on how to get high scores on Buzz. Mostly it's knowing which targets are worth the most.
Even if I knew which targets to hit, the problem is, I have no idea how to aim in that ride, which tiny red dot is mine. That's why I prefer TSM so much, at least I SEE where I'm shooting.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #310
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You took your pep talk from Buzz seriously...such concentration!

Great TR! Keep it coming!!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 10-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #311
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Even if I knew which targets to hit, the problem is, I have no idea how to aim in that ride, which tiny red dot is mine. That's why I prefer TSM so much, at least I SEE where I'm shooting.
I can understand why that is an issue, and I do like TSMM better for that reason too. For some reason though I never seem to have trouble knowing which dot belongs to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
You took your pep talk from Buzz seriously...such concentration!

Great TR! Keep it coming!!
I look like that in every one of my Buzz shots! I always forget where the picture is taken so I'm still too busy aiming to pose.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #312
PhoenixStrength

Helloooooo humans!! I hope everyone is having a good Monday, or at least a good of a day as you can when it's a Monday! I worked most of the weekend, but did get a few hours in yesterday afternoon to work on my binder for my upcoming trip, and do that update. I want to get this TR done in the next week, so I can start a PTR for my next trip before I am less than 30 days out!! So, I will be an updating fool this week, just to warn you all. Hope you can keep up, but if not feel free to comment when you can, about as many updates that you want.

I will be back later this afternoon with the rest of my MK day!

Old 10-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #313
PhoenixStrength

DAY 7, FRIDAY FEBRUARY 17TH, PART 3

After another funny Laugh Floor show I headed back toward Fantasyland, since I hadn't really done anything there yet!

I LOVE this quote!

My first stop? To use my Fastpass for Winnie the Pooh. But once I got there the standby wait was only 15 minutes, so I kept the FP for a scrapbook (that someday I'll start!) and got in the standby line. Besides the couple in front of me who let their kids run wild thru the interactive area, it was an uneventful wait, and I got lots of pictures.

I got my very own vehicle so I could enjoy my ride thru the Hundred Acre Woods and get some pictures along the way!

By the time I got off from riding Pooh (that just sounds wrong!) it was dark out, and the park was starting to thin out a bit.

I headed next door to Winnie the Pooh and rode Snow White, knowing it would be my last ride, since it closed a month later for good. The sign says 15 minute wait, but I think I only waited less than 10 minutes. I did get some pictures in the que though.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #314
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Quote:
Helloooooo humans!! I hope everyone is having a good Monday, or at least a good of a day as you can when it's a Monday! I worked most of the weekend, but did get a few hours in yesterday afternoon to work on my binder for my upcoming trip, and do that update. I want to get this TR done in the next week, so I can start a PTR for my next trip before I am less than 30 days out!! So, I will be an updating fool this week, just to warn you all. Hope you can keep up, but if not feel free to comment when you can, about as many updates that you want.

I will be back later this afternoon with the rest of my MK day!

You look like a military sniper in those buzz pictures lol I would sure hate to be in your gun sight Anyways, how excited are you for the upcoming trip. Are you doing any tours again? I ate at Pecos Bill once and liked it a lot. I believe I had the chilli. It was very good. Look forward to your next report.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #315
PhoenixStrength

A couple more pictures from the Snow White que:

And then I was off on my adventure with Snow White!

I passed Cinderella's Castle on the way to my next (attempted) ride.

Why did I say attempted? Because I went here:

And saw this wait time:

And decided I didn't need to fly with Peter Pan that much. I headed over to Haunted Mansion instead, and was relieved to see this wait time for it.

A few pre-ride pics I snapped:

Is it just me, or is The Haunted Mansion even creepier to ride at night? I mean, it shouldn't matter since it's always dark inside, but it always feels creepier to me when I ride it at night.

After that spooky ride I headed over to a cart and got a Mickey pretzel with cheese and sat down people watching and eating. The crowds were definitely much lighter then. Once I finished eating I headed into Adventureland and rode PoTC again. Proof that the crowds were thinning? This wait time:

Keep in mind that this was the Friday starting Presidents Day weekend, when the crowd level was starting to pick up. That was true earlier in the day, but I guess a lot of people were tired from travelling and left early! Not that I was complaining at all.

A few pictures in the que, but none on the ride itself this time. Though I was happy to get the first row!

The Tiki Room building is so pretty lit up at night!

Now it was time to do something I hadn't ever done before. What you ask? Ride Jungle Cruise at night!

No ride pictures since it was too dark and I didn't want to use my flash. Though I did take a picture of the "engine" in the center of the boat for some reason.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: