Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #271
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update. You are a brave woman taking pictures on EE. I won't even ride it.

You got some beautiful pictures if Ms. Divine; I didn't get anything that good.

Love those monkeys!

Can't wait to find out what bus you ended up in.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #272
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindavidhook View Post
Great Ak pictures! You look very cool and relaxed on EE. The artwork at pizzafari looks amazing. I have never eaten there. Pictures of devine look great as well. You went to bus stop # 12 right? What do I win.
Thanks! Pizzafari is nice, I think they and Pizza Planet have the best CS pizza. And the paintings on the walls are amazing! And I was very excited to see DeVine, she hasn't been out the last few times I went. Last time I had seen her was 2008!

You'll have to wait and see which bus stop I went to

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update. You are a brave woman taking pictures on EE. I won't even ride it.

You got some beautiful pictures if Ms. Divine; I didn't get anything that good.

Love those monkeys!

Can't wait to find out what bus you ended up in.
I am not afraid of any ride really, but EE is very smooth and easy so I wasn't afraid to take pictures at all. I think Dinosaur and Space Mountain are a lot rougher than EE is.

I was so happy to see DeVine and be able to get such good pictures before the crowd made it difficult.

Stayed tuned for the bus stop update! I am hoping to get that done tonight

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #273
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I love Pizzafarri but also Flame Tree BBQ. I can't decide which one we will lunch at on our AK day. I might just let my Mom pick. I don't think I'm going to eat a whole lot of my Safari Snack, I'm just too picky.

I'm really hoping to catch DeVine this time, I've never seen her. I don't think my Mom even knows about her so I'm hoping it can be a surprise when we do see her.

I'm with the PP that said you are brave to take pictures on EE. I'm usually holding on too tight to take any!

Let's see, my guess for which bus you were headed to is EPCOT!
Old 10-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #274
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I love Pizzafarri but also Flame Tree BBQ. I can't decide which one we will lunch at on our AK day. I might just let my Mom pick. I don't think I'm going to eat a whole lot of my Safari Snack, I'm just too picky.

I'm really hoping to catch DeVine this time, I've never seen her. I don't think my Mom even knows about her so I'm hoping it can be a surprise when we do see her.

I'm with the PP that said you are brave to take pictures on EE. I'm usually holding on too tight to take any!

Let's see, my guess for which bus you were headed to is EPCOT!
I love both too. To be honest I was very hungry and Pizzafari was closer, so I chose there!

DeVine is great. I hope you get to see her. She is almost always along the path between Africa and Asia, close to the Africa side.

I'm hoping to get the next update up in an hour or so, so you will see where I went soon!

Old 10-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #275
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I've only seen Devine twice in all of our trips to the Animal Kingdom! You got some really wonderful pictures of her. She's gorgeous!

So, what is the "construction" pictures that you took a picture of while on Expedition Everest? It's the picture with all of the fence around it.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #276
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I've only seen Devine twice in all of our trips to the Animal Kingdom! You got some really wonderful pictures of her. She's gorgeous!

So, what is the "construction" pictures that you took a picture of while on Expedition Everest? It's the picture with all of the fence around it.
Yes she is, and she must have the patience of a saint to sit still for all of that makeup and costuming that takes place before she is there!

I have no idea what the construction is. The guy that was sitting next to me said he thought it was the start of getting stuff out of the way for Avatarland.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #277
PhoenixStrength

DAY 6, THURSDAY FEBRUARY 16TH, PART 7

So, when I left off I was leaving Animal Kingdom and heading to the bus stops. But which bus would I get on? Here are two pictures I took on the way to my destination, any guesses?

And I got off at......

CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT (which no one guessed!)

I arrived a few minutes before 1pm and got off at the Barbados bus stop, thinking I would walk around, but then decided to head over to The Custom House first. Partially because I wanted some pictures and info, and partially because I had to go to the bathroom!

Some pictures from the walk over and inside The Custom House.

After using the restroom and getting a price guide from a very nice CM (there was only one person checking in at that moment), I headed back toward Barbados and walked toward the walkway around the lake.

When I got to the walkway I just turned toward Aruba and started walking around, taking more pictures along the way.

See how pretty the sky looks in that last picture? It started looking less pretty as I continued walking.

I headed toward Aruba, but the sky was starting to scare me, so I cut my visit short and headed toward the bus stop instead. I had been there for an hour though, and really loved the feel of the resort.

We stopped at Barbados, but no one got on. I got a shot of the Custom House though.

I had the bus all to myself.

Where was I headed to now? Downtown Disney. Why? Because I have always wanted to see POR and POFQ and wanted to ride the boat from there DTD to POR. Some pictures along the ride to DTD.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Old 10-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #278
PhoenixStrength

More pics during my bus ride to DTD

I got off at Marketplace and started walking.

I made my way over to the boat dock and waited a few minutes before a boat came and unloaded.

They didn't let us on though after it unloaded and talked amongst themselves before telling us that due to the impending bad weather they were stopping the boat for a bit. Couldn't really blame them, here is the sky.

Since the weather was not going to cooperate with me riding the boat or walking around at POR or POFQ, I just headed to the bus stop for POP. It only took a few minutes for the bus to come, but then we stopped at Pleasure Island for a shift change. We sat there for about 15 minutes until they finished their check lists, and it was raining the whole time. We eventually got to POP, and the rain stopped just as we got off the bus!

Since the rain stopped and I was already at POP, I stopped in my room to change my shoes, then walked around Hourglass Lake taking TONS of pictures of POP.

There are signs from every year with highlights of that year all the way around the lake. Here is an example of one, then more pictures of the 50s buildings.

Some 60s area shots.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #279
PhoenixStrength

More shots of the 60s buildings at POP.

I made my way over to The Centennial Bridge, which was still closed then since construction was still ongoing at AoA. But you could walk part way and get good pictures.

Then I headed back over and walked by the 70s.

Then onto the 80s! Best decade, since it's when I was born

Old 10-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #280
PhoenixStrength

And finally, the 90s!

As I walked back around the front toward Classic Hall, I took some pictures of things near the building.

The Hippy Dippy Pool, and the flower sprinklers

I walked around the front of Classic Hall for a couple of shots too.

The check-in area has shadow boxes across the back wall with tons of stuff in them from every decade. Here are a few of them.

One of the benches in the lobby area.

I headed over to Everything POP food court next, which was very empty!

A Hidden Mickey in the floor

I forgot my notes and I cannot remember what I did next, but I know I tried the tie-dye cheesecake.

And then walked out to go back to my room. I got a shot of this sign in Everything POP on my way out.

I know it was only around dinner time then, but for some reason I don't have any more pictures uploaded for this day. I'll have to look at my notes when I get home to figure out what happened next!

Old 10-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #281
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo! You finally made it over to the CBR to have a look around. Just looking at your pictures made me "home" sick. It's too bad that you weren't able to take the boat over to Port Orleans. I was looking forward to seeing pictures of the resort.

At least the rain stopped by the time you got back to Pop and you could take a walk around the resort. I always forget how cute Pop is.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #282
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Great pictures!!! I love the CBR pictures. I want to stay there one day. I have a huge passion for the resort. I was thinking, that half way thru my trip. I would take a day and hit 2 or 3 resorts and take pictures of them and sorta just walk around and see them.

How was the tie dye cheese cake? It looks intersting enough? Did you do any shopping at dtd at all? Where or which room area did you stay at Pop's? Were u in a preferred room?
Old 10-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #283
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown
Woo Hoo! You finally made it over to the CBR to have a look around. Just looking at your pictures made me "home" sick. It's too bad that you weren't able to take the boat over to Port Orleans. I was looking forward to seeing pictures of the resort.

At least the rain stopped by the time you got back to Pop and you could take a walk around the resort. I always forget how cute Pop is.
I have to admit that looking at the CBR pics again kinda made me wish I had booked there like I had originally planned for this upcoming trip. But the POP pics,reminded me that I live it there and will be fine

I have most of a day planned for touring resorts this next trip, and I definitely want to look at POR so you will be able to see those pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindavidhook
Great pictures!!! I love the CBR pictures. I want to stay there one day. I have a huge passion for the resort. I was thinking, that half way thru my trip. I would take a day and hit 2 or 3 resorts and take pictures of them and sorta just walk around and see them.

How was the tie dye cheese cake? It looks intersting enough? Did you do any shopping at dtd at all? Where or which room area did you stay at Pop's? Were u in a preferred room?
I like CBR and definitely plan to stay there one day. You should check out other resorts, its nice to see the different themes.

The tie dye cheesecake was good. Not my favorite thing but I liked it. I didn't do any shopping in DTD that day.

I was in a standard room, building 3 facing the lake on the 4th floor. That was actually exactly what I requested and was so lucky to get it. I'm requesting the same for my next trip, but who knows if I will get that lucky again.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #284
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I really wanted to spend some time visiting other resorts on my last trip (mainly AKL and/or POR), but rest won over that. Too bad those clouds made you cut your visiting short. (Does that sentence make sense? For some reason it looks weird...)

Great pictures of POP. I too took a lot of pictures there a year ago, but you got a lot of different angles than I did. And I never noticed that sign in Everything POP. Good job on that hidden mickey, it seems small!!
Old 10-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #285
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I really wanted to spend some time visiting other resorts on my last trip (mainly AKL and/or POR), but rest won over that. Too bad those clouds made you cut your visiting short. (Does that sentence make sense? For some reason it looks weird...)

Great pictures of POP. I too took a lot of pictures there a year ago, but you got a lot of different angles than I did. And I never noticed that sign in Everything POP. Good job on that hidden mickey, it seems small!!

The sentence makes perfect sense to me I can understand how rest would win out when you did so much on your trip!

I think that sign is by the divider between the food court and shop, but I could be wrong. The HM was pretty small. I kind of found it by accident. I stopped for something and looked down, and there it was!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: