Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #256
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I am so excited for our WAT! Well I was excited already but now even more so! 46 days to go before I leave for Disney.

All of your pictures are awesome, I hope mine turn out half as good.

I'm still debating on a taxi to get there that morning. I know the buses are supposed to start running at 6:30 but you never know. I've never personally had a problem with the buses but I've read enough horror stories on these boards to make me a little worried.

I was also glad to see that you posted about restrooms at the snack place. I was thinking about how I would make it 3 hours without a bathroom. The silly things we worry about sometimes!

Two questions:

1. What time did your tour finish? I'm just trying to plan the rest of the day. This is a short trip and I don't know if we will make it back to Animal Kingdom another day.

2. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you tip each guide? I hadn't even thought about doing that so I'm glad you mentioned it.

I think I have our Fantasmic dilemma solved. I have two nights planned at DHS. The first night is the Sunday we arrive. We are headed to Epcot for a late lunch and then going to jump to DHS. I wanted to get the Osborne Lights done then and was also thinking about Fantasmic that night. But, the crowd level is supposed to be a 6 that day and I don't want to have to wait in line for hours to get a seat. Then we are headed back there on Monday for the full day. The problem with that night is that Fantasmic is at 6:30 and we had Mama Melrose scheduled at 6:50 which was the only time I could get even at 180 days. Mama Melrose is a must do for me and my Mom. I kept looking for a better time but eventually gave up. Well yesterday I decided to check once more and there was a 7:35 time available! So now we will be able to do both Fantasmic and Mama Melrose on Monday. I didn't get the package but hopefully it won't be too crowded that day.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #257
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I am so excited for our WAT! Well I was excited already but now even more so! 46 days to go before I leave for Disney.

All of your pictures are awesome, I hope mine turn out half as good.

I'm still debating on a taxi to get there that morning. I know the buses are supposed to start running at 6:30 but you never know. I've never personally had a problem with the buses but I've read enough horror stories on these boards to make me a little worried.

I was also glad to see that you posted about restrooms at the snack place. I was thinking about how I would make it 3 hours without a bathroom. The silly things we worry about sometimes!

Two questions:

1. What time did your tour finish? I'm just trying to plan the rest of the day. This is a short trip and I don't know if we will make it back to Animal Kingdom another day.

2. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you tip each guide? I hadn't even thought about doing that so I'm glad you mentioned it.

I think I have our Fantasmic dilemma solved. I have two nights planned at DHS. The first night is the Sunday we arrive. We are headed to Epcot for a late lunch and then going to jump to DHS. I wanted to get the Osborne Lights done then and was also thinking about Fantasmic that night. But, the crowd level is supposed to be a 6 that day and I don't want to have to wait in line for hours to get a seat. Then we are headed back there on Monday for the full day. The problem with that night is that Fantasmic is at 6:30 and we had Mama Melrose scheduled at 6:50 which was the only time I could get even at 180 days. Mama Melrose is a must do for me and my Mom. I kept looking for a better time but eventually gave up. Well yesterday I decided to check once more and there was a 7:35 time available! So now we will be able to do both Fantasmic and Mama Melrose on Monday. I didn't get the package but hopefully it won't be too crowded that day.
Yay for only 46 days until your trip, I have 50 days until I leave! I know you will LOVE Wild Africa Trek. And there are NICE bathrooms when you stop for food. I actually took pictures inside as they are so nice, but didn't post them.

As for your questions:

1. The tour in total lasted about 3 hours. I got out right around 11am as mine ran on time, and they usually do according to the guides since they have several running at the same time.

2. I think I tipped them each $3-4 but I don't really remember. It was something like that.

And yay for having your Fantasmic dilemma solved! Is the Monday that you are at DHS December 3rd?

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #258
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post

And yay for having your Fantasmic dilemma solved! Is the Monday that you are at DHS December 3rd?
Thanks for answering my questions!

No the Monday is actually Nov 26th. My trip is from Nov 25th - Dec 1. Here's a quick breakdown of our days:

Sunday Nov 25th - arrive at airport 9:30 am, check in CBR, Epcot for 2 pm lunch at Le Cellier and whatever doesn't have a long line, hop to DHS for Osborne Lights and possible Fantasmic.

Monday, Nov 26th - DHS, 7:35pm Dinner Mama Melrose

Tuesday, Nov 27th - AK, 8 am WAT, Dinner 7:30 DTD Raglan Road

Wednesday, Nov 28th, 8 am Breakfast The Wave (at the Contemporary, Mom's choice), MK, 8:45 Dinner Whispering Canyon Cafe (this is going to be a long day!)

Thursday, Nov 29th - Epcot, 7 pm Dinner at Chefs De France

Friday, Nov 30th - Up in the air, no set plans except for 7 pm dinner at Cape May Cafe. Probably will end up at MK for a few hours in the morning and then maybe AK or DTD in the afternoon. I would also like to make it to the GF for the Gingerbread house. Evening EMH at Epcot if we make it that late.

Saturday, Dec 1st - Departure Day Flight is at 6 pm so probably morning at DHS, AK or DTD or maybe just exploring resorts.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #259
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Thanks for answering my questions!

No the Monday is actually Nov 26th. My trip is from Nov 25th - Dec 1. Here's a quick breakdown of our days:

Sunday Nov 25th - arrive at airport 9:30 am, check in CBR, Epcot for 2 pm lunch at Le Cellier and whatever doesn't have a long line, hop to DHS for Osborne Lights and possible Fantasmic.

Monday, Nov 26th - DHS, 7:35pm Dinner Mama Melrose

Tuesday, Nov 27th - AK, 8 am WAT, Dinner 7:30 DTD Raglan Road

Wednesday, Nov 28th, 8 am Breakfast The Wave (at the Contemporary, Mom's choice), MK, 8:45 Dinner Whispering Canyon Cafe (this is going to be a long day!)

Thursday, Nov 29th - Epcot, 7 pm Dinner at Chefs De France

Friday, Nov 30th - Up in the air, no set plans except for 7 pm dinner at Cape May Cafe. Probably will end up at MK for a few hours in the morning and then maybe AK or DTD in the afternoon. I would also like to make it to the GF for the Gingerbread house. Evening EMH at Epcot if we make it that late.

Saturday, Dec 1st - Departure Day Flight is at 6 pm so probably morning at DHS, AK or DTD or maybe just exploring resorts.
Oh, okay!

I'll be at Epcot on Nov 30th, so if you do stop by for EMH I'll be there!

Sounds like a fun-filled and well planned trip!

Old 10-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #260
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Great narrative and pics of the WAT! DW and I will definately have to do this on our next trip. Can't wait for more of your TR!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 10-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #261
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Great narrative and pics of the WAT! DW and I will definately have to do this on our next trip. Can't wait for more of your TR!
Thanks! You should do it, I'm sure you will really enjoy it. It's a very unique experience and you get amazing views of the animals.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #262
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I so want to treat Mark to that Trek next year for our 30th if I can save the money with the wedding and everything else. I know he would really like it.

You sure look like you enjoyed it.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #263
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I so want to treat Mark to that Trek next year for our 30th if I can save the money with the wedding and everything else. I know he would really like it.

You sure look like you enjoyed it.
I hope you can do it! I certainly understand why you don't know if you can, with paying for this secret trip, that trip and the wedding.

I LOVED it!

Old 10-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #264
PhoenixStrength

Hello everyone, TGIF!!! Sorry I haven't gotten another update up, I really hope to tonight. One of my sitters was already on vacation this week when my sitter that works the most (he works all day 7 days a week!) found out his father only has days left to live and he had to fly out to CA to see him before he passes, which will probably be this weekend. So that leaves me and one other sitter doing the work of 4 people So, I'm a little busy. Okay, I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get home visits done and getting my office work done. This weekend is actually going to be worse in the number of visits, but I don't have any office work since it's closed on the weekends so it will be a little easier to handle.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I will really try to get an update up tonight after I do a few visits after my office work is done.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #265
PhoenixStrength

DAY 6, THURSDAY FEBRUARY 16TH, PART 5

I was still pretty hungry after the Wild Africa Trek (I only ate some of it, and it was small amounts anyway!), so I decided to get some lunch. Where, you might ask?

I got the Pepperoni Pizza with Caesar salad, and a No-Sugar-Added Strawberry Parfait for dessert. It was all pretty good.

While eating I took pictures of the room I was in, which I intentionally picked to be different from the one I ate in 2 days previously. There are several Hidden Mickeys in these pictures!

Little lizards and turtles on the ceiling!

A shot of the floor as I was leaving, and a statue out front.

I decided to head over to Expedition Everest, via Africa. Some Africa shots as I walked over.

EE as I crossed the bridge into Harambe

Then the trail to...

I was very, VERY excited as I started walking down the trail! Why, you ask, this is why!!

She was hidden mostly and almost no one was noticing her until myself and one other person started taking pictures, then a crowd formed. I kept going to get out of the crowd, so I was being bumped into anyway!

A couple Tree of Life shots.

Then I made to Asia!

A PP stopped me as I walked past (I think he was bored) and took a few shots of me with EE in the background. Here is the best one:

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Old 10-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #266
PhoenixStrength

DAY 6, THURSDAY FEBRUARY 16TH, PART 6

I made my way over to EE, ignoring the warnings along the way, and got in the Single Rider line.

I was quickly in a train car (4th row!) and on my way. I took a bunch of pictures once again.

Tried for a sorta normal ride pic this time. Too bad I wound up blocking my own face!

I got right back in the Single Rider line and made it on in a few minutes, 7th row this time. More pictures!

Trying not to block my face this time!

I guess I was pretty lucky to have survived two rides!

I started to head back to the trail between Asia and Africa, stopping to see the Siamangs along the way.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Old 10-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #267
PhoenixStrength

DAY 6, THURSDAY FEBRUARY 16TH, PART 7

A shot of me in front of the Tree of Life again

A pretty waterfall along the pathway!

DeVine was still out, and walking on the path now, so I got some more pictures.

And then made my way thru Africa and toward the exit.

But a quick detour for some of the Oasis animal exhibits before leaving.

And some of the pretty waterfalls there!

Before making my way too the exit and bus stops.

NEXT TIME: But which bus stop did I go to????

Old 10-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #268
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Can you imagine having DeVine's job? First taking what must be hours to get your face painted (great shots of her face BTW), then slowly walking around on stilts and hanging around tree trunks. "What do you want to be when you grow up? "I want to be a vine that walks!" No but seriously, she's awesome.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #269
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Can you imagine having DeVine's job? First taking what must be hours to get your face painted (great shots of her face BTW), then slowly walking around on stilts and hanging around tree trunks. "What do you want to be when you grow up? "I want to be a vine that walks!" No but seriously, she's awesome.
Yes she is awesome! I was SOOOO excited to see her since I didn't my first day at AK. I really hope she is there on my AK day on my next trip

And WDW is good at making odd career wishes come true. All the little girls who want to be a princess and boys who want to be a pirate can do just that!

Old 10-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #270
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Great Ak pictures! You look very cool and relaxed on EE. The artwork at pizzafari looks amazing. I have never eaten there. Pictures of devine look great as well. You went to bus stop # 12 right? What do I win.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: