Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #226
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Wow, major score at the Disney store!

I too think your Grumpy is very well done!

Where is that picture from? I know you were walking in to Fantasmic, but I can't place what you are looking at.
I believe that is the waterway where the boats to the Epcot area hotels (Boardwalk, Beach, Yacht, etc) run. At least that is what it looks like on the map

And thanks, I was very happy with my shopping trip, and my Grumpy

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 10-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #227
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I believe that is the waterway where the boats to the Epcot area hotels (Boardwalk, Beach, Yacht, etc) run. At least that is what it looks like on the map

And thanks, I was very happy with my shopping trip, and my Grumpy
Oh, ok. That makes sense. Thanks.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #228
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I think I see a trip to the Disney Store in my future. Those were some great deals and I could use a few new T-shirts for my trip. Any excuse to buy Disney items!

I really want to try that Animation class but I'm a bit scared of it. I'm a horrible drawer, can't even manage a smiley face. Well maybe not that bad but close!

I'm starting to regret not booking a Fantasmic dinner package for this November trip. I was having trouble fitting it in our schedule plus with free dining, I didn't want to use 2 credits for it. I saw it in 2011 when I was there but my Mom doesn't think she's ever seen it. Probably too late now to book a package so hopefully we can sneak into one without too much of a wait!

Yea, Wild Africa Trek next! I'm really looking forward to those pictures.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #229
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I think I see a trip to the Disney Store in my future. Those were some great deals and I could use a few new T-shirts for my trip. Any excuse to buy Disney items!

I really want to try that Animation class but I'm a bit scared of it. I'm a horrible drawer, can't even manage a smiley face. Well maybe not that bad but close!

I'm starting to regret not booking a Fantasmic dinner package for this November trip. I was having trouble fitting it in our schedule plus with free dining, I didn't want to use 2 credits for it. I saw it in 2011 when I was there but my Mom doesn't think she's ever seen it. Probably too late now to book a package so hopefully we can sneak into one without too much of a wait!

Yea, Wild Africa Trek next! I'm really looking forward to those pictures.
I was thrilled about the deals I got at The Disney Store!

Don't be afraid of Animation Academy! I will admit that I can draw very well on my own, but they have great teachers that take things one easy step at a time. I saw small kids doing great drawings with the steps they give.

You should try to get the package if you want it, you may get lucky. They still have some for my dates, which are not long after yours. And if you don't get one then you should still be okay to get in for Fantasmic!, just line up early and you'll be fine.

I have to upload some more pictures before I do another update, but I might get it up tonight. If not then I will do the first update tomorrow. It is a good amount of pictures. I think I took over 150 myself, plus the ones their photographers took.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #230
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I was behind but am now all caught up again. How awesome that you were able to ride several things over and over again with little to no wait!

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed Mama Melrose's. I really liked it when we went but Mama and Lacey thought it was just okay. I'm thinking about booking it again so we can take advantage of the Fantasmic Package.

Speaking of Fantasmic....wow! I'm loving all of your pictures. When I saw the first couple, I thought that the setting/mountain looked a bit different.

Oh my gracious, the line for Pop Century was long. Thank goodness they had buses coming as frequently as they did. I'd hate to think how long you would have had to wait if they came every 20 minutes like the normal schedule.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #231
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I was behind but am now all caught up again. How awesome that you were able to ride several things over and over again with little to no wait!

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed Mama Melrose's. I really liked it when we went but Mama and Lacey thought it was just okay. I'm thinking about booking it again so we can take advantage of the Fantasmic Package.

Speaking of Fantasmic....wow! I'm loving all of your pictures. When I saw the first couple, I thought that the setting/mountain looked a bit different.

Oh my gracious, the line for Pop Century was long. Thank goodness they had buses coming as frequently as they did. I'd hate to think how long you would have had to wait if they came every 20 minutes like the normal schedule.
I was very happy to be able to ride things multiple times. I hope I get that lucky this next trip!

I really did like Mama Melrose. I'm bummed they don't have any ADRs available for my upcoming trip. I keep checking though, and I may get lucky. I hope you get the FDP, as it really helped me.

That was actually the first time I have ever seen Fantasmic!, so I can't compare it to the old version, but I really enjoyed it. And I was worried when I saw how long the line was for the buses for POP. And that picture does no justice, as I was close to the front of the line, it went on way far behind me. Thankfully they did have the buses running so close together so it was clearing out fast.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #232
penni520
Mouseketeer

Hello, I have a question when you did the drawling at Hollywood Studios does that cost extra? And where do you to? Do I need to make a Res for that?
Thanks

Off property - 1972,1988 & 2010. Pop Century 2008, 2009 &2015
Old 10-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #233
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by penni520
Hello, I have a question when you did the drawling at Hollywood Studios does that cost extra? And where do you to? Do I need to make a Res for that?
Thanks
Nope, its free and inside the Animation building. No reservation needed, you just go over wait by the Animation Academy doors until the next one starts. They take 10-15 minutes and run back to back all day.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #234
penni520
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Nope, its free and inside the Animation building. No reservation needed, you just go over wait by the Animation Academy doors until the next one starts. They take 10-15 minutes and run back to back all day.
Thank you so much. This for sure on my list to try when I am there next year

Off property - 1972,1988 & 2010. Pop Century 2008, 2009 &2015
Old 10-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #235
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by penni520

Thank you so much. This for sure on my list to try when I am there next year
You are very welcome!!!

Old 10-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #236
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Fantastic update! It just reminds me of how many different things we have not done at Hollywood Studios. You gave me many things to put on our bucket list. Thanks!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 10-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #237
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets
Fantastic update! It just reminds me of how many different things we have not done at Hollywood Studios. You gave me many things to put on our bucket list. Thanks!
Thanks, glad to help! I keep finding things I've never done before despite several trips as well!

Old 10-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #238
KatMark
DIS Veteran

You have to do the drawing.....so much fun
Old 10-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #239
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You have to do the drawing.....so much fun
You're exactly right Kathy, it is definitely a must do! You get a free souvenir (the drawing you do), it's unique, you get to sit inside for a few minutes (nice if it's hot, you're tired, it's raining, etc) and it is just fun!

Old 10-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #240
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

I'm all caught up! Your photos are AWESOME! How are your pets doing?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: