Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #211
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Thanks. Hope I can start to keep up more with all my subscriptions!
I don't think anyone could blame you for getting behind, with your Mom's passing and Claudia to take care of

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 10-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #212
PhoenixStrength

DAY 5, WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 15TH, PART 5

After riding ToT a second time, I decided to do RnRC a second time too!

I got in the Single Rider Line this time, and made it thru rather quickly. Not too quickly for pictures though!

Another bad redneck picture from my ride.

And a picture on my way out.

The street performers were finishing up an act as I walked down Sunset.

Then I decided to head over to see if The Great Movie Ride was open again yet, and it was! I got a few pics and headed in.

Some pictures in line (which wasn't too bad, only about 15 minutes total I think).

I don't remember my tour guides name, but she was pretty good. I got the Gangster scenario, which is what I always get. I'd love to get the cowboy scenario at least once! Some pictures along the way.

We were soon stopped for the gangster shoot-out, and our ride was taken over by the gangster!

And we kept going along our journey thru the movies.

But our greedy gangster guide got what was coming to him, and we got our guide back!

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #213
PhoenixStrength

DAY 5, WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 15TH, PART 6

We went thru some more of the movie tour, before heading into Oz.

Right after we entered Oz we stopped. I don't know why, though I think it was just because they were loading someone in a wheelchair on. Thanks to the delay though we were stuck in Oz for a bit, hearing the lines over and over. I heard them in my head for hours afterward!

Soon we moved out of Oz and to the end of the ride.

Once I got off I headed over to Mama Melrose for my 1:10pm lunch ADR with the Fantasmic! Dinner Package. I got there about 12:50pm and it was pretty slow. They actually were taking a few walk-ins too. I only waited 10 minutes for my table, but took a few pictures while waiting.

My server was Ronald, and he was great. I got some of the bread and oil while waiting for my food to come. I know I took and uploaded pictures of my meal, but I cannot find them right now. I will re-upload them tonight and post them then. With the Fantasmic! Dinner Package you get appetizer, meal, drink and desert all included. I got the Caesar salad for appetizer, and it was good, though the dressing was very pepper-y. For my meal I got the Oven-Baked Chicken Alla Parmigiana, which was FANTASTIC! The chicken was cooked perfectly and the pasta melted in your mouth. I am very seriously considering going there again for dinner this upcoming trip. Oh, and for desert I got the Vanilla Gelato, which was also very good. I got my ticket for the Fantasmic! dinner package and paid, then headed out at about 2:15pm.

After finishing lunch I walked back across the park and into the Animation building. I went right over to the Animation class and waited just a few minutes for the current class to finish up. A couple pictures of the walls while waiting.

I soon got in the class and sat in the front row. We drew Stitch this time, which was new for me. I think I did a decent job.

After the class I took some pictures of the Snow White info as you leave the class to head into the gift shop.

I headed back to ride ToT a third time. I was going to use a FP I had gotten earlier, but the stand-by line was only 10 minutes so I just got in that line instead.

And my ride photo for this time!

While I was faking being scared, the girl next to me with her face buried in her boyfriend's shoulder was not! She was genuinely afraid but fine. She was a little mad at her boyfriend afterward though as he was cracking up laughing at her the whole time. Oops!

NEXT TIME: RnRC AGAIN, AND MORE DRAWING!

Old 10-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #214
PhoenixStrength

UPDATE TO LAST POST:

Found the food pics, and something I had forgotten. First the food:

Also, after I ate and before I headed back to ride ToT again I saw Muppet Vision 3D. It was actually my first time seeing it, and I really enjoyed it! Here are the pictures I took in line for that:

That's all I missed. I know I uploaded all of those pictures, so I don't know what happened. But here they are anyway!

Old 10-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #215
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Love the pictures. You sold me on Mama Melrose. I have never eaten there but the pictures of the food looks amazing. Yum lol I have never done the great movie ride, but that looks amazing as well. I can't believe you went to tot and the rock n roll coaster that many times in one day.

I think you are making my head spin about 50 times lol Which ride do you like better or do you enjoy them both?
Old 10-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #216
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindavidhook
Love the pictures. You sold me on Mama Melrose. I have never eaten there but the pictures of the food looks amazing. Yum lol I have never done the great movie ride, but that looks amazing as well. I can't believe you went to tot and the rock n roll coaster that many times in one day.

I think you are making my head spin about 50 times lol Which ride do you like better or do you enjoy them both?
Mama Melrose was very nice. The service was a little slow, but the server himself was very friendly and the food was great.

The Great Movie Ride is nice, especially if you have never done it. I love both ToT and RnRC. I'll probably ride them each multiple times on my upcoming trip too. They are both good thrill rides in different ways, with good theming.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #217
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I was out of town at a work conference for a few days so I missed all of your DHS updates!

First, yea for being paid off! I plan on paying off our trip tonight. I've only got 50 days to go!

Your morning touring plan is about the same as I have planned for my Mom and I on our DHS day. I hope we have light crowds like you did!

I wish I could ride ToT so many times! I love that ride but unfortunately my stomach does not. I can only ride it one time and then I need to get a coke. I did try Bonine at a local amusement park this summer and it helped a lot. Hopefully it will work at Disney too!

I have to say that I love your Evil Queen shirt! That color purple is really pretty.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #218
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I was out of town at a work conference for a few days so I missed all of your DHS updates!

First, yea for being paid off! I plan on paying off our trip tonight. I've only got 50 days to go!

Your morning touring plan is about the same as I have planned for my Mom and I on our DHS day. I hope we have light crowds like you did!

I wish I could ride ToT so many times! I love that ride but unfortunately my stomach does not. I can only ride it one time and then I need to get a coke. I did try Bonine at a local amusement park this summer and it helped a lot. Hopefully it will work at Disney too!

I have to say that I love your Evil Queen shirt! That color purple is really pretty.
Being paid off is a great feeling!

I hope you have light crowds too, especially since I'm arriving 5 days after you, so I can benefit from those light crowds too!

I am lucky that I don't get any type of motion sickness, so I can ride anything over and over. I once rode a roller coaster (Super Duper Looper at Hershey Park!) 6 times back to back, as there was no one else in line, so they let me just keep riding it be myself. I know it has 2 loops and I think one barrel roll too, so that was a lot of twisting. I'm glad the Bonine worked for you though, I'm sure it will help at WDW too!

And I love that shirt too. I was actually wearing it yesterday! The only bad thing about loving it is the color is starting to fade a tiny bit. It's still nice though.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #219
PhoenixStrength

Hope everyone has had a great weekend!

My weekend has been somewhat busy. Yesterday I went to the Disney Store and got some gifts as well as 2 shirts for myself for my upcoming trip. I'm very happy about the gifts, as they are 3 less things I have to get while I'm actually at WDW, and I got them CHEAP!! Thanks to clearance sales I got $44 worth of gifts for $16 My 2 shirts were $25 total, so my total came to $41. But I had a $20 off coupon from pre-ordering The Avengers, so I paid $21 for stuff that originally, without sales and coupons, would have cost me $69!

Then today I had to work this morning from 7am to 11:30am, and an hour this afternoon too. The rest of the day I spent helping my parents with their kitchen. My Dad is DIY with everything, and they are re-tiling their kitchen and dining rooms. Today was the day of fun with getting up all the old tiles, which were still very well glued down. I helped them for about 5 hours and together we got them all up and my father filled any holes they found in the wood underneath. Tomorrow he will start putting down the new tiles, but I'll be working so I won't help them with that. Everything went well, except when my hand slipped and I slammed my knuckle into the floor. It's the knuckle for the pinky finger on my left hand, and it's all red and swollen now, 4 hours later. But I'm glad I was able to help them, as they probably wouldn't have been able to finish that step today on their own.

I should be back in a little bit with a TR update!

Old 10-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #220
PhoenixStrength

DAY 5, WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 15TH, PART 7

After getting off ToT for a third time, I got on RnRC for a third time!

No ride pic this time, but the song of choice this time was Lolita!

After that ride I headed back over to the Animation Academy, getting a shot taken by a PP on the way.

I did it twice, back-to-back, and drew Grumpy and then profile Mickey. I'm pretty proud of the Grumpy!

I couple more pictures of the Snow White animation area as I left the class....

I wanted to eat at Starring Rolls for a quick dinner, but they were already closed. That is one thing I don't like about DHS, that so many of the CS locations close hours before the park closes. Instead I just grabbed a hot dog at Fairfax Fair, with chips and chocolate cake. The hot dog was okay, with the chips and cake not being to my liking at all.

While eating at the tables by Fairfax Fair I noticed a long line already for Fantasmic! And it was still only 5:30pm with a 7pm start for Fantasmic! I was very happy I had the Dinner package, and after I ate I headed off to go thru the entrance for that.

There was no one around yet, and even only a couple of CMs along the way to point me in the right direction. I got a few pictures as I walked to the theater.

When I got to the theater there was only one couple already there. I sat in the second row, all the way to the left so I was close to the center. A few shots of my view of the stage area while I was waiting.

The theater slowly loaded, while the CMs started coming around selling things. This one was selling glowing toys and such. TONS of kids were running up to play with the toys and beg their parents for stuff.

The family sitting directly behind me had 3 kids, 2 girls and 1 boy. They all 3 wanted a toy desperately, but their parents told them they couldn't afford it. I had the glow bracelets that you get at the dollar store and discreetly asked the parents if they wanted 3 for their kids. They really appreciated it and I gave the girls each a pink and the boy an orange, at their request. The look on all of their faces is why I always bring a bunch of them. I could tell by the way they were talking before that that they were not the type of family that could afford a big trip often, and it was their first time there. The kids were just grateful to be there, and loved the bracelets as much as if their parents had bought them one of the expensive toys!

I waited some more and took a couple more pictures while waiting.

Soon the hosts for the evening came out and played the pre-show games with us. Several kids around me won prizes and they were pretty funny.

It started getting dark as it drew close to 7pm.

And the packed theater!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Old 10-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #221
PhoenixStrength

DAY 5, WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 15TH, PART 8

And then Fantasmic! began. This is the new show, only the second showing after they started it. I was happy that the shots on the mist turned out pretty well. I have a TON of pictures of it, so I'm just going to post them, with little to no commentary.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Old 10-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #222
PhoenixStrength

DAY 5, WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 15TH, PART 9

More Fantasmic! pictures

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Old 10-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #223
PhoenixStrength

DAY 5, WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 15TH, PART 10

And even more Fantasmic! pictures.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Old 10-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #224
PhoenixStrength

DAY 5, WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 15TH, PART 11

And the last bunch of Fantasmic! pictures!

As the show ended I got to enjoy the crowd of everyone leaving at the same time.

That second picture is the line for the POP Century bus stop, way back there is the covered stop! Our line went back past 3 other bus stops. Thankfully a bus showed up after only being in line 2 minutes. I didn't make that one, but another showed up 2 minutes after that and I got on that one. I was back at POP by 8:05pm. Outside my room I was able to see Illuminations over at Epcot.

I watched a little TV, uploaded the days pictures on my laptop, and went to bed!

NEXT TIME: WILD AFRICA TREK!!!!!

Old 10-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #225
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Wow, major score at the Disney store!

I too think your Grumpy is very well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Where is that picture from? I know you were walking in to Fantasmic, but I can't place what you are looking at.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: