Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #196
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I am a wee bit excited for this upcoming trip! I just paid it off with 61 days until I leave. I'm trying to decide if I want to do a whole journal like I did for the last trip, complete with maps, tables of hours, menus, etc. I think I will, but it will be a little less than the last one. Once I start working on it I will post pictures of it. I haven't decided if I will do a separate PTR or just put things here. I'm thinking I'll do a separate one as I don't want it to get confusing here as to which trip I'm talking about!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 09-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #197
PhoenixStrength

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far! I am pretty sore at the moment, but for a good reason. I ran a 5K this morning for the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition in remembrance of my friend Cathy who passed away a few weeks ago after battling ovarian cancer for almost 3 years. It was a nice event and I did better than my last 5K by 9 minutes! I will probably never be near the front of the pack thanks to my asthma, but I'm proud of my time of 36:40.

I'm going to start uploading my DHS pics to Photobucket now, and will hopefully get an update done later.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #198
PhoenixStrength

DAY 5, WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 15TH, PART 1

I woke up around 7:30am, courtesy of a wake-up call from Stitch, and was out the door to go to the bus stop at 8:10am. A bus pulled up as I got in line, and it took us 8 minutes to get from POP to Hollywood Studios.

I got into a line and was only a few people back. While waiting I took a couple of pictures.

Minnie showed up around 8:30am and there was an immediate line. I stayed in my line though, not wanting to wind up at the back of what was becoming a row of long lines. Instead I took pictures thru the gates of DHS.

They let us in at 8:50am, 10 minutes before official opening. I was expected to be taken up to a rope, but they just let us go. I got a few pictures as I quickly walked to my first attraction of the day.

TSMM!

I quickly got a FP for later and then got in line. There was almost no one in front of me, so I got a few pictures as I walked thru the line que.

I got on the second set of ride vehicles and started on my ride! I got an okay score. Best of the 3 people on my ride vehicle.

A few pictures as I left the line.

At this time it was only 9am. I got a ride on TSMM before the park even officially opened!! I headed to my next ride across the park, ToT!

There was no wait, as you can see in this picture, so I got right in the Stand-by line.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Old 10-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #199
PhoenixStrength

DAY 5, WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 15TH, PART 2

A couple of line pictures.

And a redneck shot of my ride picture. I'm in the front row, right side.

You can kinda see that the girl next to me is grabbing onto my leg for dear life, and the girl on her other side too. She was hilariously terrified and held onto my leg the whole time. She apologized like crazy when we got off, and her friend was crying she was laughing so hard. I thought it was funny too, and told her not to worry about it.

I headed over to RnRC next. The Single Rider line wasn't open yet, but that was okay as there was almost no line. It took me 7 minutes from getting in line to getting on the coaster. I took a bunch of pictures along the way.

I was soon jamming to "Walk This Way" and cruising thru Hollywood. I hate that you can't take good redneck ride photos thanks to the lights they put there, but here is mine anyway.

I got a picture on the way out, then went over and grabbed a FP for ToT for later.

A Photopass photographer stopped me as I was walking back, so I got a pic in front of the Hollywood Hotel.

I headed back over to use my Fastpass for TSMM. It was only 9:30am, but the Fastpass Distribution was already up to 2:30pm for return time. I'm so glad I got mine right away! I got in the FP line and made it all the way up to the spot where they let FP in, and was ushered into the joined line. A few more pictures as I waited.

I was soon in my ride vehicle and trying to improve on my earlier score, which I did. Once again I got the best score in the vehicle!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Old 10-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #200
PhoenixStrength

DAY 5, WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 15TH, PART 3

I decided to head over to Star Tours next, to ride it for the first time since the refurb. And, of course, along the walk I took some pictures.

I was soon there, and got right in line.

The sequence I got that ride was Darth Vader, the Pod Racers, then Naboo. Oh, I forgot to mention I had gotten a FP to get back on before riding the first time. By the time I got off it was only about 3 minutes before my FP time, so I waited around and then got in the FP line. I got some more pictures waiting in line to ride a second time.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Old 10-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #201
PhoenixStrength

DAY 5, WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 15TH, PART 4

More pictures while waiting in line:

I was a little disappointed as my second ride I got a sequence of Darth, Wookie planet, Naboo, so I only got one new scene. But it was nice none the less. I decided to head over to the Great Movie Ride next.

Stitch was heading backstage along the way, and gave me a high five as he passed.

I got to GMR, but the doors were closed. I got a pretzel with nacho cheese from a cart by the ride and while I was sitting down eating on a bench across from the doors I took some pictures.

You can see the closed doors in the last pictures. I heard while waiting that a woman collapsed while waiting in the line, so they cleared everyone out so EMS could get to her. Since it didn't seem to be opening soon I headed off. I decided to walk back over to ToT and use my FP to ride again.

I got in line and then took some pictures inside while waiting. It was only a few minutes though, as the park was still pretty empty.

Since I was against the wall in a corner I managed to take some shots of the TV during the video without disturbing anyone!

Another fun ride over, with another funny story during the ride from the people around me. First, the ride picture. I'm in the back row, left side.

See the boy in the front row, right side? He was CONVINCED his parents were lying about how scary it was, and was telling his parents he would be fine, even after they accurately described the ride. As you can see in the pic he was terrified once it started. I actually felt bad as he screamed in terror the whole time. However, once we got off he was happy and animated again, asking if they could ride it again! I don't know if they did or not, but he was a trip.

NEXT TIME: Aerosmith, mobsters and following the Yellow Brick Road!

Old 10-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #202
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Congrats on being paid off!

And even BIGGER congrats on doing the 5K in memory of your friend.

Love the Studios update...you got GREAT pictures.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:15 PM   #203
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Congrats on being paid off!

And even BIGGER congrats on doing the 5K in memory of your friend.

Love the Studios update...you got GREAT pictures.
Thanks! I love knowing it is already paid off and I don't have to worry about it.

There were hundreds there doing the 5K run or the 3K walk. They had about 3 dozen survivors there too that they did a ceremony for before the race started. It was very nice, and made me miss Cathy even more. The event raised over $130K for Ovarian Cancer research and awareness programs.

And thanks again. I got some really good pictures of Fantasmic! coming up at the end of this day.

Oh, and I like your signature!

Old 10-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #204
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Great pictures. The pic with the little kid on tot is hilarous. I felt bad for him...for about a second lol I am sure he had fun. Congrats on getting your trip paid off as well. I was telling you about quite possibly doing a solo, but I had a silly queston.

If you want to pay for the entire trip now, wdw doesn't care? Also, is there any benefit paying now then later. Look forward to seeing more fo your pictures.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #205
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindavidhook View Post
Great pictures. The pic with the little kid on tot is hilarous. I felt bad for him...for about a second lol I am sure he had fun. Congrats on getting your trip paid off as well. I was telling you about quite possibly doing a solo, but I had a silly queston.

If you want to pay for the entire trip now, wdw doesn't care? Also, is there any benefit paying now then later. Look forward to seeing more fo your pictures.
Thanks! I felt bad for the kid while the elevator was moving, but as soon as we got off and he wanted to go again the sympathy went away!

You can pay it off right away or wait a bit, you just have to have it completely paid off by 45 days before your arrival date. I had to have mine paid off by the 15th of this month anyway, so I just paid it right off. There is no benefit from paying it off early, except knowing that you are paid off and don't have to worry so much about that part!

Old 10-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #206
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

First off, congrats on paying off the trip! That's always a wonderful feeling.

Second, congrats on your race! It's so sweet of you to run in your friend's honor.

Third, Wow! What a busy morning you've had at Hollywood Studios and you've gotten so much accomplished in very little time.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #207
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown
First off, congrats on paying off the trip! That's always a wonderful feeling.

Second, congrats on your race! It's so sweet of you to run in your friend's honor.

Third, Wow! What a busy morning you've had at Hollywood Studios and you've gotten so much accomplished in very little time.
Thanks, both paying off the trip and finishing the 5k are great feelings!

I was shocked I got so much done so quickly. I think I was just lucky that they both let us in 10 minutes early, and that Minnie was outside the gates causing a distraction. And it was a slow week anyway, which helped too! I hope I get this lucky on my upcoming trip

Old 10-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #208
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I haven't caught up with all your updates yet, but I love your AK day!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #209
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I haven't caught up with all your updates yet, but I love your AK day!
Thanks, good to see you back!

Old 10-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #210
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Thanks, good to see you back!
Thanks. Hope I can start to keep up more with all my subscriptions!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: