Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #151
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

DAY 4, TUESDAY FEBRUARY 14TH, PART 7

More animal/safari pictures!

After I thanked Ryan for a wonderful ride (he really was great, and I filled out an applausogram for him later that day), I got an FP for later.

I was starting to feel hungry so I decided to head to Pizzafari for lunch. I took some pictures from the bridge on the way there.

I was at Pizzafari.

I got a cheese pizza with Caesar Salad and Chocolate Mousse for desert.

The pizza was a little overdone, but still tasted fine. The salad was good too. I'm not big into chocolate (I only got it because I was on the DP so desert was included), but I did take one bite and it tasted alright.

My favorite thing about Pizzafari are the GORGEOUS paintings in each of the rooms that cover the walls. I took pictures of everything in the room I was eating in.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 09-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #152
PhoenixStrength

DAY 4, TUESDAY FEBRUARY 14TH, PART 8

Another picture of the walls:

The light fixtures in the room:

I finished eating and headed out, taking a pic of the room where you order on my way, with the butterfly walls:

On the outside of the building:

The walls in Pizzafari have a TON of Hidden Mickeys too, though I don't know how many you can see in those pictures. I headed back toward Africa. I was done in Harambe for now, but wanted to walk the pathway between Africa and Asia to see if DeVine was out. No DeVine this time though, but I did get some other pictures along the way.

Soon I was in Asia!

I stopped to take some pictures of the Gibbons

A picture of some of the prayer flags...

...then I headed into the Maharajah Jungle Trek

First up was the Komodo Dragon

Then some ducks along the walkway

Then, Lisa's favorite, the bats!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #153
PhoenixStrength

DAY 4, TUESDAY FEBRUARY 14TH, PART 8

Next up came my favorite animal of all, the Tigers! This one was quite interested in something in the distance...

And what was it staring at? Why, these of course!

Think he/she was hungry?

I got a pic of the mural (with Hidden Mickey!) and then a lot more Tiger pics!

Then some deer and cattle pics

And some more scenery and props along the walkway

One more tiger pic as I walked around the other side, and the cattle too

The stone work on the wall

NEXT TIME: BIRDS AND YETIS! AT LEAST ONE OF THEM MOVES...

Old 09-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #154
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Your tiger pictures are fantastic! I've never been able to get good pictures of the tigers.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #155
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Your tiger pictures are fantastic! I've never been able to get good pictures of the tigers.
Thanks! I was lucky that they were all quite close, making it easier to get good pictures!

Old 09-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #156
PhoenixStrength

Life Update: I still don't know if Steve and I are going on a vacation in December, and if we are, if it will be to WDW or not. When I talked to him late last week he hadn't really had time to think about it. He was trying to get a small business loan for his company (which wound up falling thru due to an issue with the person who was going to give him the loan ), running his business 7 days a week and trying to get an apartment. He is trying to give me an answer by the end of next week, so I should know soon!

Otherwise, everything is going well with me. Work is slower now that summer is over, but still busy enough. I went to a local annual country concert yesterday (Sunday in the Country). Craig Campbell, Janna Kramer, David Nail, Justin Moore, Thompson Square and Eric Church were all there and it was FANTASTIC. However, I do have a pretty sore throat today from all the screaming and singing! I still have a voice though at least, which makes answering the phones at my work much easier!

Be back soon with more updates and, hopefully, an answer to whether or not I'll be visiting WDW again in a couple months

Old 09-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #157
PhoenixStrength

Hope to be back with a TR update this afternoon, if my office computer and Photobucket cooperate! If they won't, I'll definitely do one tonight

I talked to Steve on Wednesday, but he was incredibly sick so I didn't ask him about the trip. He could barely talk or think, so I just helped him with what he called to ask me about and let him go to bed. I'll talk to him in a few days and ask then. Until then I'm going stir crazy waiting to know if I'm going to WDW in a couple of months! I did decide we would stay at CBR if we do go. He is big into the beach and water, so I know he will love it. And with FD I can afford it! I got a TA at Small World holding a room for 7 days for us so they don't book all the FD rooms before I get an answer. I just have to make a deposit by end of the day on Thursday. Now with my luck he will say yes, but that he wants to go somewhere else. Fine if he does though, I just want him to have a few days of no work and some fun. And me to have that too! But fingers crossed he says yes and WDW!!

Be back later with an update

Last edited by PhoenixStrength; 09-21-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #158
PhoenixStrength

DAY 4, TUESDAY FEBRUARY 14TH, PART 9

When I left off I was on the Maharajah Jungle Trek, just past the tigers and cattle. I entered the aviary next and, surprise surprise, took some pictures!

I exited the Jungle Trek I got a couple pictures of the Siamangs

Then a few pictures on my way to...

Mount Everest (or a concrete and steel facsimile of the great mountain )

I made my way over to Expedition Everest, getting a couple of pictures as I headed toward the line.

I got right in the Single Rider line and there was only one person in front of me. I got a picture of the back of the "train", which is actually nicely detailed.

I was quickly on and sat next to a teenage boy who had ridden it 3 times already in his life, so he was not afraid at all. I decided to try to get some pictures during the ride (I hadn't tried during my previous 2 trips). Here are 2 I took looking to each side going up the biggest hill outside. In the first one you can see The Swan and Dolphin hotels on the left side of the picture, and Hollywood Studios on the right side (ToT and the Mickey Water Tower are easy to make out). In the second one you can see the Tree of Life and....trees.

I also took 2 pictures at the top, before you go backwards. I also got an okay one of the Yeti projection inside the mountain.

And a redneck ride photo. I'm in the back, not doing anything special this time, though the people in both rows in front of me are doing some nice faces!

Old 09-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #159
PhoenixStrength

DAY 4, TUESDAY FEBRUARY 14TH, PART 10

I got right back in the Single Rider line.

I was seated next to a gentleman this time that had ridden it 3 times in a row so far. I got a bunch more pictures while riding this time.

On the right side up top seems to be a hair tie burial ground!

And a redneck picture with me trying to act afraid.

I headed over the bridge to Dino-rama next.

And got in line for Dinosaur!

I took a TON of pictures while in line, which wasn't too long. I didn't write it down, but I think it was only about 10 minutes.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #160
PhoenixStrength

DAY 4, TUESDAY FEBRUARY 14TH, PART 11

More pictures from the line of Dinosaur:

I was soon in the first room to watch the video with the guy from CSI and Mrs. Huxtable!

Then off to wait a bit more inside. First picture is the tubes that supposedly have the chemical formulas of ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard on them. A couple more pictures while waiting too.

I look slightly stunned here, but in reality I just forgot which Dinosaur took the picture and didn't make the face I wanted to make!

I headed past Hester and Chester's area, but didn't really stop in there except to use the bathroom.

I headed toward Discovery Island next, getting a couple of pictures before making my way to the Tree of Life.

And lots of Tree of Life pictures!

And the Jane Goodall Chimpanzee, which I hadn't noticed before. Not the best pic, but you can tell what it is.

NEXT TIME: IT'S TOUCH TO BE A BUG, AND MORE ANIMALS!

Old 09-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #161
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

You are a braver woman than I am! You took some great pictures while on Expedition Everest! I'm usually hanging on too tight to take decent pictures.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #162
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown
You are a braver woman than I am! You took some great pictures while on Expedition Everest! I'm usually hanging on too tight to take decent pictures.
I love EE! I'll admit, I'm not really afraid of any rides, especially at WDW. And EE has some unique views that I wanted to take pics of. :

Old 09-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #163
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I am so loving your AK updates.....your pictures are fabulous. I love AK and we just didn't have enough time scheduled for that park this year.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #164
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark
I am so loving your AK updates.....your pictures are fabulous. I love AK and we just didn't have enough time scheduled for that park this year.
Thanks! I love all the parks, but as an animal lover AK holds a special place in my heart. Sorry you didn't make it this time!

Old 09-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #165
PhoenixStrength

I hope everyone is doing well! I'm still trying to patiently wait to find out if I'm going to WDW or not. I promised Steve I'd let him just think about it and not ask him about it anymore, since I think I may have bothered him a bit with my enthusiasm and desire for an answer In return he promised an answer by the end of this week.

In the meantime half my family is planning their upcoming WDW vacations! In October my aunt, 2 of her daughters, their husbands, and 6 of her grandkids are all going for a week for their first ever WDW vacation! It is the first trip for all of them My cousin Cindy has planned the whole thing, starting last October, and she didn't need much help as she found the Dis and some other helpful websites and did a great job planning. They got free dining, which made them all so happy. She, her husband and their 2 kids (their DD7 and DS6), along with my aunt and the 2 grandkids (her DGD16 and DGS12) that she is raising (their mother is her oldest, and she is not fit to raise them at all!) are staying at ASMu while my other cousin, her husband and their 2 kids (Their DD15 and DS12) are staying at ASSp. I did talk to her about the trip for a bit this past Saturday at her son's 6th birthday party and gave her a few pointers and ideas for them to do outside the attractions. But they have less than 4 weeks until their trip, so they were all very excited, talking about it most of the party!

Then, my parents are going the week of Thanksgiving. They are more WDW veterns, as this is their 6th trip (I think 6th), and their 2nd trip during Thanksgiving week. But it will be their first time staying onsite at a resort besides Ft. Wilderness in their RV. They are staying at POP Century, and I've been giving them a ton of advice about POP since I've stayed there a couple of times. They are huge Disney fans and I know they will have fun, especially since they know what the crowds will be like and are prepared for it. They are especially excited to see the new parts of FLE already opened and hope the soft opening is happening while there (it's supposed to be!).

Hope you all have a great week! I'll be back soon with another TR update, and hopefully good news about a future trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: