Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
Grumpy92
DIS Veteran

Busy Oct Weekend and a Segway Tour

I spent this past weekend at WDW with my parents. (Oct. 26-28) We have APs so we tend to tour in a different way then most guest.

All the parks were extremely busy, I checked the crowd calendars before we left and they stated 6 and 7s for our dates. Instead we found solid 9s close to 10.
We stayed at Pop Century and had a great room in building 2. Room was in good condition with brand new conforters. I tried online check in for the first time and was not impressed. When I did it online it did allow you to put in a request for a specific area. I requested the 50s and 70s as they were close to the main bldg and would help my father who has a hard time walking. Needless to say after a lengthy line we had been assigned clear out in the far reaches of the 80s. The Cm found somtehing closer upon my request at c/i.

Epcot for Fri and Sat were jammed packed and as stated by others filled with guests who had too much to drink. We had dinner in Via Napoli a first for my parents and they loved it. The weather was very windy and we needed windbreakers to walk around. We really did not ride anything as the lines were quite lengthy and the crowds became annoying.

My mother and I attended a conference Sat. morning and sent my father off to the MK by himself arranging to meet him back in the room later in the afternoon. We wanted to watch a football game together. He said the park was packed like EC and had left early after riding a few attractions and eating lunch. Unfortunately the satillite cable stations were not working in our room so we missed the game and took off for EC to pick up a few purchases. We quickly left as it was once again packed. We left property for dinner and it was much more relaxing. Afterwards we went over to MK. Main St was bottle necked and they were forced to open the backstage area to allow guest to exit. We decided to walk around and wait for the parade and fireworks to be over with before returning. They did have the new fantasy land open earlier in the day but later that evening they had it closed down. The fireworks are shot off pretty much on top of this new area, so it was closed off with signs posting fireworks and weather concerns. I can see this happening frequently in the future depending on the winds. I know the fireworks are shot off very close to this new area.
The other thing I noticed was just how dirty the park was. I have been going to WDW since it opened and worked there for a time. So I know the old guidelines. I went in a MK bathroom and it was disgusting. After exiting I started looking around and really noticed how dirty the park was. This is a disappointment as the bathroom could have been in six flags not WDW.

Next up I will review the revised Segway tour of Epcot.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: