Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
Kennywife
Sometimes miracles take a little time

Talking Hello from Disney!

We are here right now at AoA until the 29 when we go to Pop.

I like Aoa's theming and the Wifi is really nice. The menu is really varied. You get everything from burgers to pizza to tandoori chicken. They do not have Mickey waffles here.....they have Simba waffles. They also have waffles in other characters like from Cars and the Little Mermaid. The kids meals are very reasonable here, usually going for $5-7 dollars. It works for me since that is about all I can eat anyway.

It was a long and trying day getting here yesterday. We slept a lot today and spent the afternoon at downtown disney. We went to House of Blues and Kenny got a Trucker hat. lol. We also got Blues bros sunglasses. I confess, I've never seen the movie. *blushes* We ate lunch at Pollo Campero where we had a burger and fries and I had a kids hot dog and fries. For dessert, I hit up Babycakes which is located insides Pollo Campereo. I picked up two chocolate chip cookies and a chocolate chip brownie cupcake. What I love about Babycakes is that they are very health conscious: egg free, sugar free, gluten free, nut free, etc. But definitely not taste free....awesome!!!!!! Kenny didn't like it though, too healthy. Oh well more for me.

Here are some pics from today!!!!!

Tonight is MNSSHp! I will be Punk Minnie!

Last edited by Kennywife; 10-25-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
Kennywife

I'm back with more!

We have had an interesting couple of days. MNSSHP was very fun! We went tick or treating and rode lots of rides. The bad part was at the end of the night when I missed the curb and went plummeting down on main street! Yep, I always do something to myself while traveling. Needless to say, it was not a pleasant experience and my ankle has given me issues ever since.

The next day,the 26th, we went to Epcot. We had breakfast at Akershus which I enjoyed; Kenny not so much. He's a Crystal Palace fan and none else will do. lol. Oh well. We explored Epcot all day and rode some old favorite rides and new ones such as the Universe of Energy. We also tried Sommerfest in the German Pavillion and their cheesecake is to die for. Also I would highly recommend the chocolate creme brûlée in the French Pavillion as well.

Kenny, who never drinks has been enjoying the libations this trip. He has had several beers and even a sake. He has also had quite a bit of sushi. Now I enjoy some wine from time to time.

We chilled last night with food from our garden grocer order since my ankle was bothering me.

Today, we spent the day at Magic Kingdom with Crystal Palace! They took away the chocolate mickey waffles. That was a bit of a disappointment. We did get a lot of character interaction to make up for it!

We rode lots of rides including BTMRR, which I have never ridden any roller coasters before and loved. Also Peter's Pan's Flight and Philharmagic. I got an original Mickey ears hat and we saw the Dreams Come True Show. :good vibes Kenny wanted to ride the train around the park. It was fun; something I haven't done in a long time.

All in all, we had a great day. Here are some pics from the last few days. Next up, Cali Grill!

[IMG]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk93/DisneyWife_2008/photo-72_zps72
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #3
Kennywife

I'm back!!!!

We had dinner at Cali grill and it was great! He had sashimi and I had a kids pizza with crisped rice sushi platter for dessert. I will post pics of this later.

We've had a busy few days! Even though my leg has bothered me some from the fall, I wrap it up in my brace and go. Hubby offered to rent me a wheelchair or ECV, but I can still walk, so I didn't feel I needed it.

I spent the day at downtown disney exploring. That night, hubs and I went back to Downtown Disney for dinner at Cookes of Dublin. It was delicious, but rather slooowwwwwww. I noticed several people getting anxious about the wait as well. We both ordered the Original One and One; a fish plank and chips. I got a sweet tea and he got a coke.

The next day; yesterday in fact was a fabulous day! We had break at AoA where I had a coffee and Ariel waffles with bacon. He had an egg white frittata with potatoes and bacon. We used our park hopper and went to the Studios!

We rode Star tours twice and also rode the Muppets. I saw the Indiana Jones show for the first time ever! It was really good. I got up the nerve to ride TOT. Let me say....not a fan.

We checked into Pop Century for our next 3 day stay. Our room is in the 50's and very near to where I stayed on my first solo trip back in 2009. It's kind of eerie since the first time I stayed here, I could look across and see the abandoned building that is now Aoa. wow.

We went to Epcot last night and had dinner at World Showcase. We saw Illuminations and huddled together in the cold. We had planned to go back to Magic Kingdom, but it was just too dang cold!!!!

We stopped by the food court and picked up some snacks and wine. We chilled and hung out last night. Today, is just a hang out and have fun day. I plan to go to the epcot resorts and resort hop.

Here are some photos from our trip so far:

Old 10-31-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
Kennywife

Well, it's Halloween! Which means tomorrow, goodbye O town, hello T town!!!!!! We're going home!!!!!!!

It's been a long two days and we're both exhausted. We have two flights tomorrow. One at 6:50 a.m. and the other at 3 p.m. We get in at 4 p.m. to Tulsa! My mom can't wait for us to get there, she's been asking how many more days for three days now. My Nando misses his mommy terribly, but he's doing ok.

My ankle is still swelled at times from the fall and I can't wait to get off of walking so much. I have done a lot of filming on this trip and will be uploading youtube videos when I get home. The wifi isnt good for uploading videos here.

I am looking forward to seeing my family again and getting back to my quiet home for a while. Although I love going to Disney, I always love going home!!!!!

It's been a long, but fun 8 days. We are planning now for Sept of next year, around the start of the food and wine festival. My sister and I are planning for a SWW next year possibly. :good vibes

So until next time...have a magical day and ttyl.

Gabbie
Old 10-31-2012, 03:58 PM   #5
Kennywife

Final thoughts:

We stayed at two resorts; AoA and my old stomping grounds at Pop.

On the whole:

AoA--
new hotel
The themes of the hotel were amazing! All 4 areas were amazingly detailed and immaculate.
The food court was awesome! There were so many choices including make your smoothies. Kenny loved his frittata and I enjoyed the coffee...it was frozen blended like Starbucks.
Our room was very nice with lots of space
The music: A medley of the Pixar and Little Mermaid tunes, both remixed and classic versions. Nice change to listen to.

Pop--
retro decorations
The Mickey waffles were better at Pop.

The only thing complaint I have about AoA is that there weren't always enough buses and it was standing room only on them frequently. That's understandable with it being a new hotel, but there should have been more buses since it IS a new hotel.
Pop's bus system needs an overhaul I think. After visiting for the last few years, I've noticed they always last to be picked up at any park. This time, I noticed many guests complaining about the wait for the buses. On one park visit, I counted 6 buses to All Stars Resorts in 15 minutes.

Those are my thoughts and mine alone. Yours may vary, but comparing the two hotels, Aoa wins by a landslide. Beautiful new hotel, great themeing, food court and staff.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: