Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2012, 10:35 PM   #1
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

From the World of Adults to the World of Kids, Fifth Birthday Trip is Over!!

Our Magical Arrival

My Health is in Order- Real Life Update 1

How Do We Get to Epcot?

I Do Like Girly Things

Never Say Never

Connor Will Have his First Birthday at Disneyland- Real Life Update 2

Connor Got His First Tooth- Real Life Update 3

The Beverly Is Not That Bad or Is it?

I get to meet Mickey's Teddy Bear

Travelling Around the World

My Birthday at the Top of the World- Real Life Update 4

No Whoopi. Okay. Geena Davis is pretty cool too.

Leave a Legacy AKA A Hassle to View

We actually Rode The Monorail

Why is it so Hard to Catch a Bus at Disney?

Xander Loves Dancing and Mickey but not Dancing with Mickey

“My Birthday Party on a Boat”

Handy Manny and Mickey in the Same Morning

An Academy After Xander’s Heart

How Long Would You wait to See a Character?

Toy Story at Last

The Osbourne Lights are a Sight to See

Connor's First Dumbo Ride

It’s a Small World Again?!

It is so Nice to See a Nursing Mom

Dessert and Fireworks for Dinner

Xander’s Fifth Birthday at Last

Safari Pictures

Two Shows a No Go

The Third Time Was Not the Charm or Was it?

A Squirrel Ate Xander’s Cupcake and Two Photo Shoots

Birthday Cake and Nursing Photos

An Affair to Remember

Concierge at Last and Treasure

A Mad Party Just For Kids

My Lady Killers

A Very Merry Party

Fifth Birthday Trip Over. We Are Still Going to Cruise

Welcome to my very first trip report. My name is Kimberly. I am 32.

I have two sons. Xander is five. This trip was actually for his birthday.

It also happened to be the first trip for my younger son. Connor was five months old during our trip.

My husband is private, so he will not allow me to use his real name in this report. For the purposes of this report, he has chosen the pseudonym, Crap Bag. I asked if I should use a pseudonym as well then, and call myself Princess Consuela Banana Hammock as an homage. Of course, I was teasing.

We hail from Las Vegas, Nevada. It is a beautiful city that I love very much. However, everyone knows it is a city meant for adults. We usually have to travel to entertain the kids for more than a mere afternoon. It is usually very hot in the summer and gets cold in the winter. Luckily, we live close to the mountains on the outskirts of town, so we frequent the mountains and snow quite often. This winter has been especially cold even away from the mountains, so we were looking forward to the warm Florida weather.

Our trip started very early in the morning on Thursday, December 1st, 2011. We were spending 8 days (even though our first and last day were very short), 7 nights at WDW, followed by 3 nights on the Dream. I should mention that my husband and I were flying separately. He was taking our older son on a Delta flight leaving around 7:30am, while I was taking our younger son on a Southwest flight leaving at 8:35am. Crapbag is an avid Delta flyer. Using his AMEX card and miles he received from frequent work traveling, he accumulated enough miles for two tickets.

Rather than paying for a third ticket, I redeemed an old Southwest ticket that would expire within a year anyway. Our only vacation plans within that time frame are a trip to Disneyland, which is driving distance for us. My younger son is a frequent nursling, so I knew buying him a seat would not be a good fit for us. Each flight had a layover for a total of two flights each way. This was going to be his first time flying, so I did not know how he would do. He ended up nursing through three of the four takeoffs, so I know I made a good decision not to purchase his own seat.

Our stroller was a large double. We just purchased it for the trip, since Xander does not use a stroller at home. I took it with me to assist me through the airports. Folding it one handed was impossible, so I had to have a stranger hold Connor each time I folded or unfolded it. My husband took it on the way back and gate checked it for Las Vegas. While it was difficult without it, I had a harder time with it.

Connor began nursing before we took off on the first leg. He nursed himself to sleep and stayed asleep for almost two hours in my arms. At that point, my bladder needed a release. I have a weak bladder. Using the facilities with an infant was difficult. The flight attendant held him for me, thankfully. Then, it was his turn to be changed. That is very difficult to do in those tiny bathrooms. He nursed again and played in my arms for the remainder of the flight. He never cried or made a lot of noise through the entire 3+ hour flight. The other passengers were amazed, and he received quite a few compliments once the flight wrapped.

We arrived in Birmingham for our layover. It was a very tight connection, because we arrived later than expected. His stroller was not ready at the gate, and I had to wait a bit for them to bring it up. By the time I received it, and used the facilities once again, it was already time to board. In retrospect, I should have just had it meet me in Florida. Lesson learned.

Connor nursed again at takeoff and slept through the entire second flight. It was short, so my bladder lasted until we arrived at the airport.

Despite a later takeoff, we arrived at MCO a few minutes before Crapbag and Xander. (I accidentally posted his real name for a second there, so I will do my best not to do that again. A fun game can be if anyone sees his real name at any time, please let me know ASAP, so I can change it). I made my way through the airport and waited at the Magical Express for them.

I was so happy when they arrived, because I knew the hard part (until the return flight) was over. It was officially time for our vacation to start.

We were staying at the Grand Floridian with the deluxe dining plan. There was a room discount that only hit three of our seven nights. When the free basic dining plan was released, we changed to that paying the difference for the deluxe plan and saving us an extra $80. It was the hotel we both always wanted to stay at, since our first trip together on our Honeymoon more than eight years earlier.

It was just before 7pm when we arrived at the hotel. I did the online check-in ten days in advance as did everyone else it seemed. There was a long line for those who did online check-in. We got in it and patiently waited for our turn. A manager must have noticed how long the line was. He approached us and told us the concierge desk would gladly check us in.

The lady at the concierge desk was very friendly. She told us that our room was ready, and they would have someone walk us over to it. That is odd, I thought. We've never been walked to our room before. Since the Magical Express had most of our bags, we did not need a bellman. A nice lady walked us to our room anyway. As she took us over, she was going over things at the hotel and engaging us in very friendly conversation. We walked past building six onward to our building, seven. She informed us that we just needed to use our room keys to enter the club level.

We paid for a basic garden view room. I just assumed she mistakingly mentioned club level, because she usually only walked club level guests to their rooms. When we arrived at our room, we had a Magic Kingdom view!

This was waiting in the room for my son.

We tried to tip her, but she said she was not allowed to accept it. Once she left, we read the card and opened the basket. A business associate of my husband's sent this to my son for his birthday. What a nice gesture!

He loved it. There was a Mickey towel animal underneath it that made his day almost as much as the new Mickey gloves he received. The baby Mickey and Minnie dolls inside of it are still played with everyday. We were off to an amazing start.

His business associate did not forget Connor either. There were new Mickey ears in there for him as well.

She was not mistaken about our access to club level either. I will get back to that later, since we did not even test it until the day before we left. At first, I thought our upgrade was a coincidence, since the line was long. The basket full of gifts already waiting for us meant we were upgraqded before we ever arrived. That was a magical surprise and a bit of pixy dust for our trip.

After getting settled, we went down to Citricos for our 8pm dinner reservation. This is the new favorite for both of us. Despite a long wait for the table, it was a great meal and experience.

It was 10pm by the time dinner wrapped. We were all tired from a long day, so we decided to save the hotel exploration, as well as getting our resort mugs and checking to see if we really had club level access for another day. It was an amazing start, and we were excited for what was to come.

Last edited by kmedina; 05-16-2012 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Added A Chapter Link
Old 02-20-2012, 11:11 PM   #2
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Yay! You started! I've already subbed and caught up.

Caught the Friends reference right away

You're boys are so cute! Seems like a very calm flight with a 5 month old, I'll bet you were relieved!

Ummmm, club level at the GF??? Holy cow! That's awesome!!!

Can't wait to read more

P.S. the chapter links-right click on the post #, copy it and then go to your chapter links post. type the name of the chapeter, highlight it and then use the hyperlink tab I think. I know how to do it, buy may be getting the instructions wrong.

So glad that you're doing the TR!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2012, 12:00 AM   #3
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Yay! You started! I've already subbed and caught up.

Caught the Friends reference right away

You're boys are so cute! Seems like a very calm flight with a 5 month old, I'll bet you were relieved!

Ummmm, club level at the GF??? Holy cow! That's awesome!!!

Can't wait to read more

P.S. the chapter links-right click on the post #, copy it and then go to your chapter links post. type the name of the chapeter, highlight it and then use the hyperlink tab I think. I know how to do it, buy may be getting the instructions wrong.

So glad that you're doing the TR!
I am glad you are here. Your trip report was so good, so I hope I do not let you down.

I know it took me a while to start. Sorry again.

Thank you. Maddie is very cute as well. All four legs of our flights went well. Even the fourth (our worst) went well according to other passengers. I was very relieved.

It was such a magical trip, and the upgrade was amazing. We were very grateful.

Thank you for the tip on the links. Crapbag actually helped me, because I could not quite get it.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #4
shan23877

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I am glad you are here. Your trip report was so good, so I hope I do not let you down.

I know it took me a while to start. Sorry again.

Thank you. Maddie is very cute as well. All four legs of our flights went well. Even the fourth (our worst) went well according to other passengers. I was very relieved.

It was such a magical trip, and the upgrade was amazing. We were very grateful.

Thank you for the tip on the links. Crapbag actually helped me, because I could not quite get it.
you're too sweet! I'm sure your TR will be amazing, it's off to a great start!

I'm not sure that I'll ever be able to read "crapbag" with out laughing...
Old 02-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #5
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Our Magical Arrival

Welcome to my very first trip report. Please bare with me as I learn the ropes. I am open to suggestions if there is something I am missing or could do better, so please share. As soon as I learn how to use chapter hyperlinks, I plan on doing that as well.

My name is Kimberly. I am 31.

I have two sons. Xander is five. This trip was actually for his birthday.

It also happened to be the first trip for my younger son. Connor is seven months, but was only five months old during our trip.

My husband is private, so he will not allow me to use his real name in this report, especially since that is my real last name within my user name. For the purposes of this report, he has chosen a pseudonym. He chose his own "name," so I had nothing to do with it. His name will be Crapbag. I asked if I should use a pseudonym as well then, and call myself Princess Consuela Banana Hammock as an homage. Of course, I was teasing.

The funny thing about his name is he has not read anything on the DIS, so he does not even know that I recently read an incredible trip report that also gave homage to Friends. What can I say; it was a great show!

We hale from Las Vegas, Nevada. It is a beautiful city, that I love very much. However, everyone knows it is a city meant for adults. We usually have to travel to entertain the kids for more than a mere afternoon. It is usually very hot in the summer and gets cold in the winter. Luckily, we live close to the mountains on the outskirts of town, so we frequent the mountains and snow quite often. This winter has been especially cold even away from the mountains, so we were looking forward to the warm Florida weather.

Our trip started very early in the morning on Thursday, December 1st, 2011. We were spending 8 days (even though our first and last day were very short), 7 nights at WDW, followed by 3 nights on the Dream. I should mention that my husband and I were flying separately. He was taking our older son on a Delta flight leaving around 7:30am, while I was taking our younger son on a Southwest flight leaving at 8:35am. Crapbag is an avid Delta flyer. Using his AMEX card and miles he received from frequent work traveling, he accumulated enough miles for two tickets.

Rather than paying for a third ticket, I redeemed an old Southwest ticket that would expire within a year anyway. Our only vacation plans within that time frame are a trip to Disneyland, which is driving distance for us. My younger son is a frequent nursling, so I knew buying him a seat would not be a good fit for us. Each flight had a layover for a total of two flights each way. This was going to be his first time flying, so I did not know how he would do. He ended up nursing through three of the four takeoffs, so I know I made a good decision not to purchase his own seat.

Our stroller was a large double. We just purchased it for the trip, since Xander does not use a stroller at home. I took it with me to assist me through the airports. Folding it one handed was impossible, so I had to have a stranger hold Connor each time I folded or unfolded it. My husband took it on the way back and gate checked it for Las Vegas. While it was difficult without it, it was easier than it was with it.

Connor began nursing before we took off on the first leg. He nursed himself to sleep and stayed asleep for almost two hours in my arms. At that point, my bladder needed a release. I have a weak bladder. Using the facilities with an infant was difficult. The flight attendant held him for me, thankfully. Then, it was his turn to be changed. That is very difficult to do in those tiny bathrooms. He nursed again and played in my arms for the remainder of the flight. He never cried or made a lot of noise through the entire 3+ hour flight. The other passengers were amazed, and he received quite a few compliments once the flight wrapped.

We arrived in Birmingham for our layover. It was a very tight connection, because we arrived later than expected. His stroller was not ready at the gate, and I had to wait a bit for them to bring it up. By the time I received it, and used the facilities once again, it was already time to board. In retrospect, I should have just had it meet me in Florida. Lesson learned.

Connor nursed again at takeoff and slept through the entire second flight. It was short, so my bladder lasted until we arrived at the airport.

Despite a later takeoff, we arrived at MCO a few minutes before Crapbag and Xander. (I accidentally posted his real name for a second there, so I will do my best not to do that again. A fun game can be if anyone sees his real name at any time, please let me know ASAP, so I can change it). I made my way through the airport and waited at the Magical Express for them.

I was so happy when they arrived, because I knew the hard part (until the return flight) was over. It was officially time for our vacation to start.

We were staying at the Grand Floridian with the deluxe dining plan. There was a room discount that only hit three of our seven nights. When the free basic dining plan was released, we changed to that paying the difference for the deluxe plan and saving us an extra $80. It was the hotel we both always wanted to stay at, since our first trip together on our Honeymoon more than eight years earlier.

It was just before 7pm when we arrived at the hotel. I did the online check-in ten days in advance as did everyone else it seemed. There was a long line for those who did online check-in. We got in it and patiently waited for our turn. A manager must have noticed how long the line was. He approached us and told us the concierge desk would gladly check us in.

The lady at the concierge desk was very friendly. She told us that our room was ready, and they would have someone walk us over to it. That is odd, I thought. We've never been walked to our room before. Since the Magical Express had most of our bags, we did not need a bellman. A nice lady walked us to our room anyway. As she took us over, she was going over things at the hotel and engaging us in very friendly conversation. We walked past building six onward to our building, seven. She informed us that we just needed to use our room keys to enter the club level.

We paid for a basic garden view room. I just assumed she mistakingly mentioned club level, because she usually only walked club level guests to their rooms. When we arrived at our room, we had a Magic Kingdom view!

This was waiting in the room for my son.

We tried to tip her, but she said she was not allowed to accept it. Once she left, we read the card and opened the basket. A business associate of my husband's sent this to my son for his birthday. What a nice gesture!

He loved it. There was a Mickey towel animal underneath it that made his day almost as much as the new Mickey gloves he received. The baby Mickey and Minnie dolls inside of it are still played with everyday. We were off to an amazing start.

His business associate did not forget Connor either. There were new Mickey ears in there for him as well.

She was not mistaken about our access to club level either. I will get back to that later, since we did not even test it until the day before we left. At first, I thought our upgrade was a coincidence, since the line was long. The basket full of gifts already waiting for us meant we were upgraqded before we ever arrived. That was a magical surprise and a bit of pixy dust for our trip.

After getting settled, we went down to Citricos for our 8pm dinner reservation. This is the new favorite for both of us. Despite a long wait for the table, it was a great meal and experience.

It was 10pm by the time dinner wrapped. We were all tired from a long day, so we decided to save the hotel exploration, as well as getting our resort mugs and checking to see if we really had club level access for another day. It was an amazing start, and we were excited for what was to come.
You have a beautiful family. I didnt even notice you mentioning his real name. This is a great start and I am here waiting for the next update. This is awesome!!
Old 02-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #6
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
You have a beautiful family. I didnt even notice you mentioning his real name. This is a great start and I am here waiting for the next update. This is awesome!!

Thank you. I caught that I typed his real name in the preview mode, so it never hit the actual board. If I do not preview each segment or miss it, I could accidentally post it in the future. I am glad to have you. Your ticker reminded me that you are coming to Vegas. If you have time when you come, I could come say hello.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:11 AM   #7
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

My Health is in Order

I had a long day, so I am not adding anything today. I did want to provide this real world update. Unsnuz has seen it on the other thread.

The Doctor says I have a hiatal hernia and chronic gastritis. There were no infections or cancers. Those diagnoses explain most of my symptoms, like chest pain, difficulty beathing, acid reflux, abdominal pain, nausea, etc. Nothing on the colonoscopy, endoscopy or CT scan explain why my liver enzymes were elevated. I had labs drawn today to see if they are still elevated. My follow up on that is in two weeks. Hopefully, they are not. Even if they are, he says I should not worry, since I never drink.

Nothing he discovered explains my dizziness, so he suggests I see an endocrinologist. I will have to go back to my PCP to get a referral for that. Stupid HMOs. At least my ears and stomach have been cleared for what is causing my dizziness. I get so dizzy at times that I cannot really function.

He renewed my Zantac 150 to help with the acid reflux. For the hernia, he suggests that I lose 5-10lbs. They do not like to operate on them, since half of the operations end in bleeding out or infections. Sometimes they correct themselves with weight loss and slip into place. Here's hoping that happens for me. The pregnancy pushed part of my stomach into my chest. I could stand to lose more than 10lbs anyway.

PubMed suggests I limit my pain releivers to help out the gastritis. I take something everyday for my cluster headaches. Before I was pregnant, I took Excedrin. When I was pregnant, I took tylenol. Now that I am nursing, I take Motrin. Looks like I will just have to suffer med free through my headaches. There are worse things I guess.

Overall, I am happy that I do not have anything too serious although, I am sad that it was not an infection that could cure my issues with a few pills.

Last edited by kmedina; 02-22-2012 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Added a title
Old 02-22-2012, 03:29 AM   #8
Emma1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Overall, I am happy that I do not have anything too serious although, I am sad that it was not an infection that could cure my issues with a few pills.
Hope you're feeling well again soon.!

P.S. Love the trip report! Looking forward to the next installment.
Disneyworld, Florida Xmas 2004

Disneyland, Paris August 2007
Disneyworld, Florida June 2012 !
Old 02-22-2012, 03:43 AM   #9
CupcakeLisa
Mouseketeer

Great start to your trippie! looking forward to reading more. I had the same type of hernia as you and I lost about 14lbs before mine moved down n sorted itself. Hope you feel better soon

Lisa x

Sept 2010 Maingate Lakeside
Oct 2012 OKW with free DDP

Upcoming Trip
Sept 2014 - two weeks Maingate Lakeside
March 2015 - two weeks Port Orleans French Quarter with free DDP
Old 02-22-2012, 07:26 AM   #10
klmall
DIS Veteran

Such a great start to your trip! I can't imagine traveling alone with a baby like you did but I remember my sister-in-law did the same several times going back and forth from Germany. She said that people always offered to hold my niece(s) when she had to use the restrooms but she still hated imposing.

Your boys are so cute! And what a nice upgrade surprise! We were at the Poly not long after you left WDW but have never stayed at the GF.

Looking forward to reading more!

Kathy

~~~~~~~~~Bay Lake Tower, December 2014 !~~~~~~~~~
Old 02-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #11
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I am so glad you dont have really serious health issue. Sounds like time is the key for some things. Please keep us updated. Cant wait to read more!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #12
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma1987 View Post
Hope you're feeling well again soon.!

P.S. Love the trip report! Looking forward to the next installment.

Thank you. I am looking forward to the day that I can get through it without feeling like I can passout at any moment. The rest of it I can get used to.

Thank you. I plan on adding the next one after my niece's birthday dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeLisa View Post
Great start to your trippie! looking forward to reading more. I had the same type of hernia as you and I lost about 14lbs before mine moved down n sorted itself. Hope you feel better soon

Lisa x

Thank you. I hope the weight loss pushes the hernia down as well. I am looking forward to getting healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmall View Post
Such a great start to your trip! I can't imagine traveling alone with a baby like you did but I remember my sister-in-law did the same several times going back and forth from Germany. She said that people always offered to hold my niece(s) when she had to use the restrooms but she still hated imposing.

Your boys are so cute! And what a nice upgrade surprise! We were at the Poly not long after you left WDW but have never stayed at the GF.

Looking forward to reading more!

Kathy

Thank you. It was a lot easier to travel with him than I thought it would be. The hardest part for me was also asking someone else to hold him while I used the facilities, grabbed my stuff, folded the stroller, etc. Everyone was very kind, but I am not used to asking for help from anyone other than my husband.

Thank you. Yes, the upgrade was amazing. We were so excited to be at the GF as it was. Crapbag really loved it there and said we should make that our hotel. It was amazing, but I still want to try out the others. We have tenative plans for our 10 year anniversary. I want to try the Poly then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
I am so glad you dont have really serious health issue. Sounds like time is the key for some things. Please keep us updated. Cant wait to read more!
Thank you. I will. I am relieved as well.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:15 PM   #13
shan23877

Oh my goodness! I had no idea that the "issues" you mentioned were so serious! I am relieved for you that you got some answers, and that you're feeling better about things. As a headache sufferer, I feel for you though. I hope that you'll start feeling better real soon. No pressure to update if your'e not feeling well, we'll be here when you feel up to it
Old 02-23-2012, 12:56 AM   #14
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I actually am not going to do an update tonigh. We had a long night at my niece's birthday dinner. My head was hurting so bad that I finally gave in and took a Motrin. It is feeling better now, but I have to take Xander to preschool in the morning and Connor to Gymboree. I am going to lay down soon and hope it takes less than two hours to fall asleep (which is how long it took last night). Sorry. I will do one tomorrow night no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Oh my goodness! I had no idea that the "issues" you mentioned were so serious! I am relieved for you that you got some answers, and that you're feeling better about things. As a headache sufferer, I feel for you though. I hope that you'll start feeling better real soon. No pressure to update if your'e not feeling well, we'll be here when you feel up to it
Thank you. I am happy to get more answers as well. The only thing I knew before that was that my bladder collapsed during Connor's birth. The Doctor wants me to wait until after I am done having kids before I get surgery to correct it. It causes sharp lower abdominal pains at times. My pregnancy induced hypertension has not gone away yet either. It is controlled now with meds though.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:25 PM   #15
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

How Do We Get to Epcot?

We woke up bright and early the next morning to catch the monorail to Epcot. I scheduled an 8am breakfast reservation with a 9am park opening. This is the way I prefer to eat at WDW, so we have nice full stomachs while touring. It makes me family less cranky when we are well fed. This also gets us into the park at opening without having to wait around for rope drop.

Our destination was Akerhaus. We had never dined there before, because my husband does not usually like to do girly things. Crapbag says we have boys, so we should do more manly things. Every once in a while, I remind him that I am girl. I like to do girly things. They usually enjoy themselves once we're there, so it really is a win/win for everyone.

It was really beautiful that early in the morning as we headed over the monorail. I decided not to give the recommended hour, since the monorails run more frequently than the buses. When we arrived to the monorail about 45 minutes before our reservation for breakfast, it was down. It was the first of many times on this trip that I realized staying at a deluxe resort does not ensure better transportation.

The conductor suggested we take the bus instead. This was our first time staying at a deluxe hotel, so we were surprised to find an attendant there. She was very friendly. I told her the monorail was down and asked if a bus for Epcot had been ordered. A bus had been dispatched as soon as the monorail went down, she said.

We sat down and patiently waited for our bus. This was going to be Connor's very first Disney Park, so we were very excited. Despite the fact that we hale from the West Coast, so it was like 4:15am to us, everyone was in a good mood. The bus stop was empty when we arrived (other than the attendant of course).

Shortly after that, an Animal Kingdom bus arrived adn drove off empty. This made us chuckle, because it is almost always the first bus to arrive when that is not the park we are going to. A Magic Kingdom bus arrived a few minutes later. There was a small group caught it just as they were walking up. As the bus was pulling away, a larger group came running. A man in the group asked the attendant if it was a Magic Kingdom bus and yelled at his group for taking too much time when she told him it was.

A few minutes later a Hollywood Studios bus came by. After about a minute, it left when no one boarded. There was a bus waiting behind this bus to pull in. It was labeled Magic Kingdom. As soon as it pulled in, the label changed to Hollywood Studios. The man from the group yelled at the driver that it was supposed to go to the Magic Kingdom, and the bus right in front of him just left for Hollywood Studios as well. The driver said that was an error and assured him he knew where he was going. After the driver left with no passengers, the man yelled at the attendant.

She told him that they would get everyone where they needed to go. This was repeated several more times as the next few buses arrived and departed. Another Animal Kingdom bus arrived. People actually boarded this time. After a few more minutes, another Hollywood Studios bus came by. This sent the man over the edge. He was screaming about how ridiculous this was. This was one of the Christmas Parade taping days, so I wanted to avoid the Magic Kingdom.

Another bus arrived a few minutes later, which was thankfully a Magic Kingdom bus. At least the grumpy man was away from my kids. While I was happy about that, it was almost 8am at this point. We were going to be late for our reservation and had yet to see an Epcot bus. I walked back up to the attendant and reminded her that we were still waiting for an Epcot bus. There was one other time on a past visit that we waited that long for a bus, but it was at a resort where there was no monorail.

She apologized and said she had been misinformed. No bus was ever ordered and not currently coming either. I asked her if she knew whether the monorail was back up yet. After a quick call upstairs, she informed me it was still down. Where do I go to get a taxi I asked? When we arrived at the front of the hotel to order the taxi, we explained what was going on to the doorman.

He suggested we get a receipt from the driver and ask the front desk to reimburse us. We waited less than two minutes for the taxi. After a short 11minute cab ride, we arrived at Epcot. It was almost 10 after by this point. Since we were already late, I asked my husband if we can get pictures in front of the ball (as I call it). There were no PhotoPass photographers out, so we took a few of our own.

We then made the very long walk to the back of the World Showcase. By the time we arrived at Akerhaus over 20 minutes late, we were tired. They checked us in despite our tardiness thankfully. It was very busy at this point, so we waited over 20 minutes to get in.

Around 8:45am, we were brought in for our pictures with Belle. This spoiled my plans to be in the park at opening, but at least the stressful part of the morning (which was also the most stressful part of our trip) was over. All and all, we were happy to get the day started. Connor and Xander seemed to be in great moods despite everything, and we were ready to eat.

My Internet died twice while doing this causing me to start fresh each time, so I am sorry I have to end the update here for today. I will pick up tomorrow with the rest. Since this was the most stressful part of our trip, I made it a long post. You can already tell that it was an awesome trip though if that was the most stressful thing we went through. We decided not to trun in the receipt or complain to the front desk. Disney already gave us a lovely urpgrade, and neither of us are really the complaining type (unless of course something goes really wrong). Nothing has every happened at Disney that we felt warranted a complaint, though. Sorry for typos. I have to go and have no time to edit it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: