Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2012, 11:07 PM   #76
DCW
Mouseketeer

tips

great report, great pics,

were you able to put the tips on a credit card? or charge it to the kttw card?

Trip History:

2013 Oct DS 18th Birthday on the Fantasy, Western
2012 MR on The Wonder
2007 Magic, Eastern,
1994 Royal Caribbean Honeymoon cruise MR
1992 WDW
Countless trips to DL (grew up there)

DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #77
papamouse1
Papa Moo Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post

If you are talking about the onboard tips for servers, etc, they can be charged to your onboard account and then you pay for that account however you choose.... credit card, Disney cash cards, whatever

1999-2005 yearly DLC trips - various non-Disney hotels 2006 - DLC - Paradise Pier Hotel *Joined DVC! 2007 - Disney Cruise & WDW for our 20th wedding anniversary 2008 - DLC - Grand Californian 2009 - WDW- Old Key West & Animal Kingdom-Kidani 2010 - WDW- Beach Club & Animal Kingdom 2011 - Disney Cruise - the new Disney Dream & Holidays @ WDW! BCV & AKV Concierge April 2012 - MR Anniversary Cruise Nov 2012 - DLC to see Holidays & "WoC" May 2013 - Aulani! Aug2013 WDW & Universal Studios March 2013 Travel Agent AEP DCL/WDW
papamouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2012, 01:10 AM   #78
GooniesAndy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We are on the April 8th sailing,
how did you get your dining rotation? I would love that info for planning ]I called disney and they said they could not tell me.
please help
I just called them up and told them I'd like to request the specific rotation. They didn't guarantee anything, and it didn't show up on our reservation or anything, but we did get the one I requested.

Quote:

Yes, we asked them to charge our tips to our room, which we paid for with a credit card. You could also just pay with cash if you preferred to do so, but it seems easiest to pay it all at once!

March 4-11, 2012, Mexican Riviera on the Wonder
Trip Report

GooniesAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #79
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

It has been an absolute pleasure to read your TR and view all the fantastic pictures of your family. Thank you for sharing!
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #80
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooniesAndy View Post
I just called them up and told them I'd like to request the specific rotation. They didn't guarantee anything, and it didn't show up on our reservation or anything, but we did get the one I requested.

Yes, we asked them to charge our tips to our room, which we paid for with a credit card. You could also just pay with cash if you preferred to do so, but it seems easiest to pay it all at once!
Wow, your servers sounded great. We will be onboard in a few weeks, did they mention how much longer they would be on the ship? Maybe I should ask for them! I will tell them you said hello!
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:37 AM   #81
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Small question, what time did you arrive back from the Las Caletas tour? I am thinking of booking the 1030 tour, not sure if I will get back too late to make it to our dinner seating....
Old 04-04-2012, 01:19 AM   #82
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Great trip report! Thank you! We are sailing in a little over 2 weeks! I'm so excited!

So bummed that the Wonder is going to leave the MR. Looks like it will be an awesome vacation!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #83
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Wonderful TR, I really enjoyed reading it! I am trying to find out as much info as I can about the Wonder and what things there are to do on it, my DH and I are not going to the MR, but we are going on the Wonder to Alaska in June for our 5th Anniversary, so your report with all of the food and activities was super helpful! I'm glad you had an enjoyable trip, and thanks again for the spectacular report!
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #84
GooniesAndy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindaddy View Post
Small question, what time did you arrive back from the Las Caletas tour? I am thinking of booking the 1030 tour, not sure if I will get back too late to make it to our dinner seating....
We were on the 7:30AM tour, and we were back probably around 2:30 I'd say. I don't remember exactly, but I do recall thinking that if I wanted to I'd have enough time to run across to Walmart or explore a little bit outside the port confines. If you have the early dinner seating, you may or may not make it in time, particularly since you are pretty much guaranteed to want a shower.

Trip Report

Old 04-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #85
Milio99
Mouseketeer

Awesome trip report! Thanks for sharing.

DH. Me DS11 DS 9
Milio99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:09 AM   #86
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We were on the 7:30AM tour, and we were back probably around 2:30 I'd say. I don't remember exactly, but I do recall thinking that if I wanted to I'd have enough time to run across to Walmart or explore a little bit outside the port confines. If you have the early dinner seating, you may or may not make it in time, particularly since you are pretty much guaranteed to want a shower.
Sorry for the all ticky tack questions, but I take it you got to Las Caletas around 830ish, but lunch isnt till 1:30, do they have some snacks around to eat in the mean time, even a bannana or something? Water? Soda? That is a long time to go wihtout eating, especially when you are active.

Thanks for a great TR!
Twindaddy
Old 04-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #87
GooniesAndy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindaddy View Post
Sorry for the all ticky tack questions, but I take it you got to Las Caletas around 830ish, but lunch isnt till 1:30, do they have some snacks around to eat in the mean time, even a bannana or something? Water? Soda? That is a long time to go wihtout eating, especially when you are active.

Thanks for a great TR!
Twindaddy
I don't mind at all. They said there were going to be tacos when we first got to the island, but I didn't see any (or anyone eating them), so I don't know what the deal was there. I have read of people getting tacos, so either we just completely missed them or something went wrong on our trip. Other than that, there are plenty of drinks. They have big barrels of bottled water on ice right on the beach and you can go to the bar for sodas, juices, or cocktails. They also sold coconuts after a little while, down on the beach. I can't remember how much they were, but I want to say $3. After you finished drinking the juice, they'd offer to cut it up for you, and then they'd sprinkle it with lime juice and chili powder. If you think you may need a snack, bring something prepackaged, and completely sealed (like a little box of cereal from the buffet), because they are incredibly strict about food coming into the country and if you attempt it you could be fined. Definitely no fruit and no dairy![/B]

Trip Report

Old 04-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #88
MQK
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much Erin for your TR. I'm missing the Wonder and it brought back great memories!!
Old 04-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #89
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Great Trip Report and thanks for posting all the Navigators! I just booked one of the last MR cruises in November and yours and a TR from December has really helped my out with my potential schedule for the days!

Quote:
They also sold coconuts after a little while, down on the beach. I can't remember how much they were, but I want to say $3. After you finished drinking the juice, they'd offer to cut it up for you, and then they'd sprinkle it with lime juice and chili powder.
You mention this coconut snack and that you also enjoyed the Pirates night menu more than others. From what I saw from the Dec TR I'm reading it appears that the menu was heavy on the coconut. That's my main reason for wanting to go to Palo that night. I'm guessing that you like coconut and that could influence your liking of the Pirates Menu....just curious?
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #90
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Ok, so I have the dumbest question ever. Look on google earth, there doesnt seem to be much around the port area in Cabo, just a big dirt lot. Our girls LOVE dress up, so we want to buy them some standard tourist junk, like sombreros and maracas, maybe a dress or something. I assume stuff like that is everywhere in Cabo?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: