Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2012, 12:41 AM   #61
Dinotrex
Earning My Ears

Thank You For Helping Me Relive a Magical Vacation

Erin,

You are quite the blogger. And a great photographer to boot.

It was our first cruise, so we were not so adventurous at the port of calls...we did enjoy quiet time on the ship.

We will be prepared for our next cruise on the Disney Fantasy in November 2013.

Cheers,

Joel
Dinotrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:59 AM   #62
papamouse1
Papa Moo Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmarie View Post
Great trip report! I'll be on the 4/1 MR cruise, and this has really helped me get even more excited for my trip

Was Golden Mickeys the only show that a matinee was offered, or did they do that for every show?
They usually do a matinee for "Dreams" on Friday night as well, but not for any other shows

1999-2005 yearly DLC trips - various non-Disney hotels 2006 - DLC - Paradise Pier Hotel *Joined DVC! 2007 - Disney Cruise & WDW for our 20th wedding anniversary 2008 - DLC - Grand Californian 2009 - WDW- Old Key West & Animal Kingdom-Kidani 2010 - WDW- Beach Club & Animal Kingdom 2011 - Disney Cruise - the new Disney Dream & Holidays @ WDW! BCV & AKV Concierge April 2012 - MR Anniversary Cruise Nov 2012 - DLC to see Holidays & "WoC" May 2013 - Aulani! Aug2013 WDW & Universal Studios March 2013 Travel Agent AEP DCL/WDW
papamouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #63
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Thank you so much for the awesome trip report!!!! We board the Wonder in 2 1/2 weeks so being able to see the recent navigators (and your experiences) has been wonderful.
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #64
robmeme
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much this was a GREAT trip report. We leave in a few weeks and you have given us so much to look forward to.
robmeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #65
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooniesAndy View Post
We live in San Diego, so we decided to drive up a day early and stay in a hotel in order to alleviate some of the stress the morning of the cruise. I followed the instructions I found on the Dis and got a room at the Crowne Plaza for $65 (plus taxes making the total around $82).
Oh, I did not see this. Please share how to get a $65 room at the Crowne Plaza.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #66
GooniesAndy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmarie View Post
Was Golden Mickeys the only show that a matinee was offered, or did they do that for every show?
There was also a matinee performance of Dreams, but the rest just had the nighttime performances. We loved being able to go in the afternoons, because 8:30 was just a bit on the late side for the kids, and the two matinees were far less crowded than the late performance of Toy Story.

March 4-11, 2012, Mexican Riviera on the Wonder
Trip Report

GooniesAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #67
GooniesAndy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfaninaz View Post
Oh, I did not see this. Please share how to get a $65 room at the Crowne Plaza.
I did it through Priceline, the name your own price section. You can enter San Pedro, CA (it may end up saying something like "Port of Los Angeles", I can't remember), and then I entered that I wanted a 3 star or greater hotel, and put in $65 for the price. I would have been fine if I'd gotten another hotel, because I really just wanted the peace of mind that doing our traveling the day before would give me, but I was aiming for the Crowne Plaza. I checked other sites and saw that the room would have been about $180 plus taxes if booked directly.

Trip Report

Old 03-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #68
GoCruiseDaddy
"Live to Cruise - Cruise to Live"

Best TR Ever

I have to thank you for passing it forward as you stated earlier. You get an A++. Not only did you pay it forward for those of us about to cruise you get an A+++ for being the best DIS poster of all time. I am a certified Project Manager and I have to say you managed every detail of your cruise with some serious skills. And how you found time to think of us simply amazes me. Thank you so much for the excellent pictures and passing it forward.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #69
skoi
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the great trip report. Not taking a MR cruise- but we're doing the PC in December and were wondering what it's like cruising the West Coast.

Did you like your serving team? Would you recommend them? We don't know anyone on the Wonder and are looking for server recommendations. Thanks.
skoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #70
papamouse1
Papa Moo Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
When we got back to our room, we found the black 9" Vinylmation we'd dropped off at guest services the first day waiting for us.

Quick question, what kind of pen did you use for the silver signatures on these vinylmations? We ordered the black 9" and are going to get them signed as well for anniversary keepsakes from our cruise

1999-2005 yearly DLC trips - various non-Disney hotels 2006 - DLC - Paradise Pier Hotel *Joined DVC! 2007 - Disney Cruise & WDW for our 20th wedding anniversary 2008 - DLC - Grand Californian 2009 - WDW- Old Key West & Animal Kingdom-Kidani 2010 - WDW- Beach Club & Animal Kingdom 2011 - Disney Cruise - the new Disney Dream & Holidays @ WDW! BCV & AKV Concierge April 2012 - MR Anniversary Cruise Nov 2012 - DLC to see Holidays & "WoC" May 2013 - Aulani! Aug2013 WDW & Universal Studios March 2013 Travel Agent AEP DCL/WDW
papamouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #71
GooniesAndy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoi View Post
Did you like your serving team? Would you recommend them? We don't know anyone on the Wonder and are looking for server recommendations. Thanks.
We loved our serving team! Banjo and Phapakorn were really great and took excellent care of us. I miss them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papamouse1 View Post
Quick question, what kind of pen did you use for the silver signatures on these vinylmations? We ordered the black 9" and are going to get them signed as well for anniversary keepsakes from our cruise
I just used a fine-tip silver Sharpie. I didn't feel like trying to get too fancy, and I knew the silver would look good.

Trip Report

Old 03-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #72
skoi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We loved our serving team! Banjo and Phapakorn were really great and took excellent care of us. I miss them!
Thanks. It sounds like they were great. We've sailed the Magic and the Dream and had regular servers after our first two cruises. We're going to miss them this time.
skoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #73
GooniesAndy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoi View Post
Thanks. It sounds like they were great. We've sailed the Magic and the Dream and had regular servers after our first two cruises. We're going to miss them this time.
I would absolutely request them on a future cruise. The only time we had any trouble was the first night when things were slow, but from reading other reports, everyone had that issue and it had nothing to do with the servers. This was our first DCL experience, so I don't have anything to compare against, but I felt like it was just the right amount of extra interaction without interfering with the actual process of eating dinner and conversation and all that.

Trip Report

Old 03-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #74
Joshecho
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much on your TR, I enjoyed reading and looking at your pictures. It really brings back memories on my family's MR cruise last January 2012.
Cheers!!!
Joshecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #75
DCW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCruiseDaddy View Post
I can't tell you how much my family appreciates your Trip Report. We are on the April 22 cruise to the MR which is the last one until October. Your Pics are fantastic and we can see your kids had a blast. They will take these memories with them for the rest of their lives. We especially like the pics of the kids falling asleep from pure fun/exhaustion.

I was able to get the same Dining Rotation (PTTAPTA) that you had and we think it wil work perfectly with our existing PALO reservations.

We can't thank you enough for all your help.
We are on the April 8th sailing,
how did you get your dining rotation? I would love that info for planning ]I called disney and they said they could not tell me.
please help

Trip History:

2013 Oct DS 18th Birthday on the Fantasy, Western
2012 MR on The Wonder
2007 Magic, Eastern,
1994 Royal Caribbean Honeymoon cruise MR
1992 WDW
Countless trips to DL (grew up there)

DCW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: