Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #16
Lucille1963
DIS Veteran

Off we go to the park, in plenty of time to wait for the park to open. When it does we head straight over to Peter Pan's Flight. The wait wasn't too long and we passed the time by taking pictures.

I was really excited to ride this with William as he loves Peter Pan and Jake and the Neverland Pirates. It was exactly what I expected, he LOVED it!! When it came time to unload William yelled "I want to do it again!" The CM smiled and said, "OK, please stand over here" and pointed us to the side. A couple pirate ships later she had signaled to another CM and put us right back on the ride. It was a wonderful thing for her to do and really reminded us why we love vacationing at Disney so much. Its the extra bit of pixie dust

After TWO rides on PP, we hopped over to Dumbo where we distracted William from waiting by letting him take pictures. Here is a self portrait William took with DH's rear. Get your free looks now, I'm sure it'll be displayed in MoMA before long....

But before too long it was our turn to fly on Dumbo!

We then turned the corner and rode Alice, and then the tea cups. Shortly into our ride, I realized that the camera battery was dying. I could've sworn the battery was fresh and, of course, I didn't have an extra in my purse. I slowed down taking pictures wanting to save the rest of the juice incase something wonderful happened.

From here we headed over to Tomorrowland and rode Buzz again and Star Tours. At this point we realized, once again, how absolutely REAL William thought some things were. Most notably the Buzz Lightyear ride. When we walked into the building in line and the message plays stating something like "This is Star Command and Buzz Lightyear needs your help to defeat Zurg" he snaps to attention and gets really solemn. He truly believes it. And I'm loving every second of it. He's so overjoyed that the excitement lasts far past the end of the ride. Its all he can talk about, which gets us to....

THE MOST MEMORABLE QUOTE OF THE VACATION!!
So, like most 4 year olds, he loves Space Ranger Spin and the idea of shooting guns.
Also, please understand that William has trouble pronouncing some words and this time the word was "Blasters". He has trouble with the "B L" blend and the hard R at the end isn't as distinct as it could be either. So when he runs around the park telling us, and everyone around us, what he likes best about DL, it sounds slightly different than what he intends.
William: "We have to shoot those Blasters!"
.......but you can imagine what it sounds like to everyone else.

DH and I have a hard time containing our laughter. A lot of sly smiles are exchanged.

On our way out the the park we run into a few characters, though William is a bit run down at this point. The pictures aren't stellar, but its what we have.

There weren't any lines, I LOVE VACATIONING IN JANUARY!

Old 06-21-2012, 02:22 PM   #17
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille1963 View Post
January 25 - Feb 2
Thanks for your TR Lucille! We are going to the VGC from January 26 - Feb 1, 2013, so it's great to see what the parks might be like, although I know Cars Land has changed things.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #18
Lucille1963
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
Thanks for your TR Lucille! We are going to the VGC from January 26 - Feb 1, 2013, so it's great to see what the parks might be like, although I know Cars Land has changed things.
ValpoCory - YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!!

More TR to come. I'm just killing time while I try to activate our new health insurance.... I've been on the phone for over an hour, most of the time on hold!

I know Cars Land will make it a bit different, but I'm also hoping that it will change some other things for the better, like shorter lines for TSMM.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #19
DisneytheKid
A bad attempt at Billy the Kid

Great trip report! Thanks for posting all of it!
Countless times during the 80's and 90's
DisneytheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:47 AM   #20
Bungle
DIS Veteran

Loving your report, can't wait to read the rest of it. I've always pondered a winter disneyland vacation and I have to say you are making it really tempting!

Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #21
Velvetia
Mouseketeer

I am really loving your trip report! Your vintage Lady and the Tramp skirt is gorgeous, I love it, actually to tell the truth I'm pretty jealous! You look wonderful!

So funny about shooting those 'blasters' !!

Me DGranny : DS9 DS7
Velvetia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:04 AM   #22
Lucille1963
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneytheKid View Post
Great trip report! Thanks for posting all of it!
Hooray! I'm so glad you stopped by! It was getting pretty lonely over here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
Loving your report, can't wait to read the rest of it. I've always pondered a winter disneyland vacation and I have to say you are making it really tempting!
I LOOOOOVVVEE vacationing at DL in January. We've had other trips in May, July, October and December, but January is our favorite, hands down! I wouldn't recommend it for a once in a lifetime trip due to refurbishments, but if you want to see the park at a slow pace and mild weather it really is the time to go. Its a great break from the winter blahs of Chicago too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvetia View Post
I am really loving your trip report! Your vintage Lady and the Tramp skirt is gorgeous, I love it, actually to tell the truth I'm pretty jealous! You look wonderful!

So funny about shooting those 'blasters' !!
Velvetia - They didn't just make Lady and the Tramp, they made Si and Am too. I haven't been lucky enough to snag one for myself yet, but I WILL OWN ONE one day. Oddly enough I posted a picture of me in this on my Facebook business page and someone contacted me with one for sale. The price was right, but it was the brown background and I prefer pink and the size size was wayyyy to big. I'm still on the hunt!!

Here's a picture of one from Dorothea's Closet Vintage

Speaking of which, I'm off to work now, but I do hope to post another update at lunchtime!
Old 08-23-2012, 12:54 PM   #23
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

I am loving your trip report. We are heading to Disneyland and Staying at the grand Californian in October!!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #24
Velvetia
Mouseketeer

Oh - I love that Si and Am skirt too! But the Lady and the Tramp one just has the edge...

Me DGranny : DS9 DS7
Velvetia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disneyland, dvc, grand californian hotel, trip report, vgc

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: