Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Help! So confused about Super Grover Pass

Hi all, I am in the middle of planning our Spring Break trip to SW Orlando, and BG Tampa and came across this board on the DIS. I had no idea it was even here!

I read through the info here about the Super Grover Pass and thought it sounded like it would be perfect. I just called to purchase them and was told that I wouldn't receive any benefits other than unlimited admission to the other parks. Things like free parking, ride again, preferred seating and discounts on food and merchandise will only be good for Sesame Place.
Has anyone else been told that recently, since I have read that some of you did get those perks at SW, I'm wondering if this is something new. I don't want to buy the passes and then end up not getting those benefits since that is exactly why I'd be buying them. We are planning on going the first week of April, anyone else purchase them for that time and were told you would get the added benefits?
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #2
rthib
Mouseketeer

We bought SGP (Super Grover Pass_ right before or trip in Dec.

The pass says Platinum on the back and was treated as a Platinum pass at Seaworld Orlando.

Free VIP parking.
Discount on Food.
Reserved section for Shamu.

Also used them at Sea World San Diego in January.
Same results.

This is the best pass ever.

We ordered ours to have passes delivered to our house, so we did not have to worry about trying to exchange paper for passes.

Only complaint is they do not have a picture of Super Grover on them

Last edited by rthib; 02-20-2012 at 11:56 AM.
rthib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #3
gardener14
Mouseketeer

My experience has been that while the "fine print" says that many of the benefits are available at the park through which the platinum pass is purchased, all of the other SW owned parks have honored the benefits. This is not a guarantee that it will always be this way, but it has been that way for me on each visit.

Also, it has been my experience that representatives who answer the phones at Sea World Parks and Entertainment don't always have the most accurate answers. I think they try, but I think they are in an office somewhere and apart from the real life experience of the parks, so sometimes there is a disconnect between their answers and the guests actual experience.
gardener14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:16 AM   #4
mieuxmew
Mouseketeer

I have purchased Super Grover passes before a few times. We have been to Seaworld Orlando, Aquatica, Busch Gardens Tampa and Williamsburg, Water Country, and Sesame Place. We were always treated like platinum pass members - prefered parking, food discounts, admission, preferd seting at shows. No problems EVER! LOVE the prefered seating at the shows at Seaworld - can't beat it! Aquatica is AWESOME!! Love the black and white dolphins!
mieuxmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:23 AM   #5
mieuxmew
Mouseketeer

I have purchased Super Grover passes before a few times. We have been to Seaworld Orlando, Aquatica, Busch Gardens Tampa and Williamsburg, Water Country, and Sesame Place. We were always treated like platinum pass members - prefered parking, food discounts, admission, preferd seting at shows. No problems EVER! LOVE the prefered seating at the shows at Seaworld - can't beat it! Aquatica is AWESOME!! Love the black and white dolphins!
mieuxmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #6
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Thanks everyone it sounds like we wouldn't have any problems using them but since we are going during Spring Break week I worry they may be enforcing the "home park only" rule. I have a few days left to think about it.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:13 AM   #7
penny28380
Mouseketeer

Can you get them activated at Sea World or Busch Gardens?
penny28380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #8
luvmy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny28380 View Post
Can you get them activated at Sea World or Busch Gardens?
You have to have them Fed Ex shipped to you, and they will come all ready activated. If you print them at home you would need to activate them at Sesame Place first.

We decided to go with the SW and BG Play and Dine tickets where you get all day dining for free. We went to BG Va last year during Spring Break and dh and dd waited for over an hour for 2 of the coasters there, so dh insisted we get the quick que for both parks. He said he'd rather pay extra and not wait in line than pay for the passes and be able to ride again. Now we aren't sure if we are going to go to Aquatica so the passes wouldn't be worth it for us if we didn't.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #9
hugastar
Earning My Ears

Can someone please explain to me what is super grover pass, where do you get it, how much, what it's good for and so on. Thanks!
hugastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #10
mdurette
DIS Veteran

I have always stayed away from the super grover pass because I was worried about the need to activate at SP. But, our passes are up for renewal now and I am reading on SP site:
"Internet vouchers for season passes online can be redeemed at any Seaworld parks and entertainment location"

So...it appears your first stop can be Seaworld.

Question:
1. I know in the past when I have ordered passes for SW online the clock started ticking as soon as the passes were mailed to me. Then I had to take them to SW on day 1 to change the start of the 2 years to that day. When you get a voucher - does that automatically mean clock will start ticking on first visit day?

Comment:
I agree with the other poster....can we get rid of Grover on the pass!
mdurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #11
happymommy
DIS Veteran

I got these for myself and two kids last year, and they are wonderful!

Had them shipped to my house, already activated.

Used them for Sea World in Orlando, Discovery Cove (we got a huge discount, for the kids I paid about $159 and myself $69 non dolphin swim). LOVED the close up parking at Sea World!

Used them also at Busch Gardens Williamsburg as well as Water Country USA. Once again, love the parking! And everywhere got dining and souvenir discounts!

They were so well worth it that I'm considering buying them just for BG and WC this year while they're still on sale!

Previous WDW vacations include:
CR as a child with parents 1992 offsite twice 1993 Honeymoon GF 1995 BC 1996 SOG 2000 GF 2001 BWV 2003 (spring break) CR 2003 (summer) AKL 2003 (Christmas break including NYE) AKL concierge 2005 summer BWV 2006 April Swan 2006 August Dolphin 2007 March AKL 2007 August Dolphin 2008 March 7 Night Western on the Magic
2008 August (The Dark Side) PBH 2008 Dec BWI 2009 March Swan 2010 March Offsite (Grande Vista) 2010 December BWV plus 2 nights Marriott's Harbour Lake and 3 bonus nights snowed in at the Aiport Renaissance 2011 March Offsite (Marriott's Harbour Lake) 2012 August Offsite (Marriott's Grande Vista and Sabal Palms) March 2014 BWV
happymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #12
andrews_dad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymommy View Post
I got these for myself and two kids last year, and they are wonderful!

Had them shipped to my house, already activated.

Used them for Sea World in Orlando, Discovery Cove (we got a huge discount, for the kids I paid about $159 and myself $69 non dolphin swim). LOVED the close up parking at Sea World!

Used them also at Busch Gardens Williamsburg as well as Water Country USA. Once again, love the parking! And everywhere got dining and souvenir discounts!

They were so well worth it that I'm considering buying them just for BG and WC this year while they're still on sale!
I get Super Grovers Annually. just ordered year #3. Have never been to sesame place to activate. I order Fed Ex'ed ones. they are turnstyle ready at Orlando and Aquatica. Get free preferred parking at both these parks. Gets 10% discounts on food and merch at both. Gets you $1 off feedings of sea lions and stingrays and dolphins at seaworld. reserved seating at seaworld shows, which I love at pets ahoy and the elmo show
andrews_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #13
andrews_dad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurette View Post
I have always stayed away from the super grover pass because I was worried about the need to activate at SP. But, our passes are up for renewal now and I am reading on SP site:
"Internet vouchers for season passes online can be redeemed at any Seaworld parks and entertainment location"

So...it appears your first stop can be Seaworld.

Question:
1. I know in the past when I have ordered passes for SW online the clock started ticking as soon as the passes were mailed to me. Then I had to take them to SW on day 1 to change the start of the 2 years to that day. When you get a voucher - does that automatically mean clock will start ticking on first visit day?

Comment:
I agree with the other poster....can we get rid of Grover on the pass!
Super Grover expire Dec 31, 2012 no matter when bought.
andrews_dad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: