Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 05:43 AM   #61
billyandjj
Mouseketeer

Xiphoia76-

Yes, please sign us up!

We have 3 state rooms, a total of 7people.....I will give them all to you and then confirm before December if my in-laws want to participate.

Stateroom 8089 and 8589- These are supposed to be connected. Inside will be
Me
My Husband
My Mom
DS (7)
DS (9)

And then my in-laws have an ocean view w/ verandah. I did not find a room number...just these letters: GTY Does that sound right? This is only my second cruise (first Disney) so I have a lot to learn. Inside will be two adults.

Let me know if you need any more info. We are getting psyched!

And, now for an unrelated question....we are seriously considering not doing a shore excursion in Nassau....any thoughts on this. They all seem so expensive for what you get...and this being our first cruise, I think we will enjoy time on the ship more....with maybe (?) less crowds? Any advice?
billyandjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #62
GrammyGee
Earning My Ears

We have been on the Dream twice and both times we stayed on the ship in Nassau - on previous cruises we have gone into Nassau to just walk around and once took a taxi out to Atlantis but the Dream is such a fantastic ship that we prefered to stay onboard. Our experience was that most people left the ship right after breakfast - either to explore on their own or to go on shore excursions - and most everyone was back for lunch. The Aquaduck and the pool got a lot more crowded in the afternoon. We didn't have kids with us but I've heard that most kids don't want to leave the ship because there are so many great things to do and things are more crowded on the day at sea because everyone is on the ship. Debbie
GrammyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #63
gortman65
Proud papa to two Mouseketeers

Has anyone been lucky enough to do their online check-in yet? I think it opened up Saturday for concierge rooms and platinum CC members. We have to wait until Oct 8 to check in.

gortman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #64
RatherBeWithMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortman65 View Post
Has anyone been lucky enough to do their online check-in yet? I think it opened up Saturday for concierge rooms and platinum CC members. We have to wait until Oct 8 to check in.
I did. It was not the smooth experience I was used to Stayed up until the wee hours of the morning trying to get it to work. Hopefully the kinks from this new upgrade to their system will be worked out by the time you have to check in.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #65
turtlepondkid
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyandjj View Post
Xiphoia76-

Yes, please sign us up!

We have 3 state rooms, a total of 7people.....I will give them all to you and then confirm before December if my in-laws want to participate.

Stateroom 8089 and 8589- These are supposed to be connected. Inside will be
Me
My Husband
My Mom
DS (7)
DS (9)

And then my in-laws have an ocean view w/ verandah. I did not find a room number...just these letters: GTY Does that sound right? This is only my second cruise (first Disney) so I have a lot to learn. Inside will be two adults.

Let me know if you need any more info. We are getting psyched!

And, now for an unrelated question....we are seriously considering not doing a shore excursion in Nassau....any thoughts on this. They all seem so expensive for what you get...and this being our first cruise, I think we will enjoy time on the ship more....with maybe (?) less crowds? Any advice?
If it is your first cruise - Here is my advice. Don't do any planned excursions. There are plenty of things to do on the ship! If you absolutely feel the need to disembark just to say you've been to Nassau, get off, walk the pier through customs, take a stroll to the straw market or downtown and then come back on! I've never spent more than an hour off the boat. I'm afraid I'll miss too much....and it is AWESOME to be on the ship while a lot of people are OFF it!

Favorite WDW breakfast: Crystal Palace
Favorite WDW resort: Polynesian
Favorite DCL memory: kayaking at Castaway Cay
Favortie Disney show: Hoop Dee Doo!!!!
turtlepondkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #66
turtlepondkid
Earning My Ears

Okay, seriously people. I'm getting the itch. Our fish extender hangs on the side of my desk in our bedroom and I see it EVERY night when I go to bed and EVERY day when I get up!

Why is it still EMPTY?!?!?

Is anyone else getting crazy?

Old 09-12-2012, 04:08 AM   #67
otownfamily
Earning My Ears

SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!! can't wait to tell the kids thier xmas gift and to sit on the balcony watching the sun go down on the ocean with a glass of wine and my husband!!!!!

:yay :
otownfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:38 AM   #68
billyandjj
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the advice. I am thinking we will stay on the boat and try to get in a few extra rides on the Aqua Duck instead of Nassau. This is our first cruise, and I am getting the feeling that 4 days on the Dream will not be enough.

I am also really excited for the Fish Extenders...whoever came up with such an idea is genius! I know my kids will love this.
billyandjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #69
GrammyGee
Earning My Ears

Now that we've booked the cruise - it is SO hard not to slip and say anything to our granddaughters ! They will find out at Christmas and then we can talk about it nonstop. Luckily, with back-to-school, Thanksgiving and Christmas coming I'm sure the time will fly. My husband and I also have a trip to WDW coming up for the Food and Wine Festival so I can shop for cruise related stocking stuffers. I like the timing because usually it's such a letdown after the holidays but now this cruise will help me make it thru a midwest winter ! Debbie
Old 09-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #70
turtlepondkid
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyGee View Post
Now that we've booked the cruise - it is SO hard not to slip and say anything to our granddaughters ! They will find out at Christmas and then we can talk about it nonstop. Luckily, with back-to-school, Thanksgiving and Christmas coming I'm sure the time will fly. My husband and I also have a trip to WDW coming up for the Food and Wine Festival so I can shop for cruise related stocking stuffers. I like the timing because usually it's such a letdown after the holidays but now this cruise will help me make it thru a midwest winter ! Debbie
Here's a little secret for you...

If you are going to have a rental car (or your own) when you are down here for Food and Wine, there is a Disney Outlet in one of the outlet malls down here that carries cruise line things. They have a bunch of things that you can normally buy on the ships and on Castaway Cay....even little things for stocking stuffers! It is a 10 minute car ride up I4 from Disney World.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #71
GrammyGee
Earning My Ears

We love that Disney outlet and I've been very surprised that they have had so many cruise items - I do a lot of scrapbooking and even bought super cheap scrapbook kits that were dated for the previous year but for the price there were lots of items in there that I could use. Also got a cool pink Castaway Cay jacket that I would never have bought at full price. One of our favorite places to shop ! Debbie
Old 09-17-2012, 03:49 AM   #72
otownfamily
Earning My Ears

Would love to know where this outlay is!! We are heading into town a few days early and one of our days is set asdie for just shopping!!
Thanx
From all of us in Canada
otownfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #73
GrammyGee
Earning My Ears

Smile

There are two - go to premiumoutlets.com and search Orlando or just do a google search for outlet malls in Orlando. We usually go to the close one early in our trip because if you are just shopping for gifts for people at home or a shirt you will probably find something here and can save paying full price at the parks. The close one is on Vineland next to the big Catholic church - you can see it from the highway. It's called Character Warehouse. There is another one way out on International Drive - if we have a longer trip we'll go out there because it seems bigger but really has pretty much the same stuff as at Vineland. Enjoy ! Debbie
Old 09-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #74
gortman65
Proud papa to two Mouseketeers

I've been to the one on International Drive - pretty big selection there, but not sure if they had much DCL-related merchandise when I visited (I wasn't looking for DCL stuff when I was there). Regardless, definitely some great deals at the outlets!

gortman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #75
mom2twincesses
Bursting with Excitement

Talking Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmclaura View Post
It's lovely!!!

OMG, you have a Keely? I have a Keighley. Pronounced the same. We just used the more fanciful Gaelic spelling.

Way cool!
How cool! We only know 2 other Keelys close to us, one that is an adult and has moved away and one that is at least 5 years older than ours, but that we didn't know at the time we named ours. My girls will probably be going by their favorite princess names while on board Macy loves Cinderella and Keely adores Aurora.

We're taking them to see the princesses on ice tomorrow and I'm just DYING to tell them about the cruise!!!!!!!! Is it January yet?!
mom2twincesses is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: