Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #16
otownfamily
Earning My Ears

First Disney Cruise and I'll Be Cruising with You!!

Hi everyone!!! Just finished booking our first disney cruise!!!!! So happy to be going can't wait to got out of the winter weather in Jan. Would like to know more about the FE I thnink we would love to join!!!! 6 months to go till our family dream comes true!!!!
otownfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #17
awhittle
Earning My Ears

Our Family's First Cruise!

This cruise will be our children's Christmas present! I am having a hard time keeping this one a secret! We would like to join in the FE gift exchange. This trip will be myself, husband, son (17), and 2 daughters (10 & 8). We will be in stateroom #12506. Excited and counting the days!
awhittle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #18
otownfamily
Earning My Ears

This is also our kids christmas present too.LOL We would like t join the FE. We are myself husband son(14) and daughter (13) stateroom 8554. See ya on Jan.
otownfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #19
xiphoid76
Mouseketeer

It is 90 degrees in Minnesota today...I know though when we leave for the cruise it will be below 0
Can not wait.
In the next few months I will put together a spreadsheet of room numbers for the fish extenders and number of people and ages in the room.
Less than six months now...
xiphoid76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #20
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

It is official!

We officially booked this cruise now! We just got back from cruising to Alaska on the Wonder! We had such a great time and now I cannot wait to go on the Dream and finally make it to Castaway Cay, even if it is in January! This cruise will be for my husband's birthday which is on the 6th, the day we embark! Anyone planning on doing an pre or post days at Disney World??? I don't remember if I said it before but we would love to be apart of the FE group as well! It will be myself, Andrea and Jeremy (DH), our room is # 9101. I look forward to getting to know you all before our cruise!
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #21
gortman65
Proud papa to two Mouseketeers

Please add my family to the FE extravaganza for this cruise. There will be four of us in 7654: DD 6, DD 9 months, DW, and me.

Thanks! Looking forward to a great cruise in only 197 days!

gortman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #22
bchiz04
Earning My Ears

Can't wait for our Daddy Daughter cruise

Disney Wonder 8-29-10
Disney Dream 1/6/13
bchiz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #23
xiphoid76
Mouseketeer

Here is the FE list so far. Still have plenty of time before our cruise to make it grow Have a great 4th of July holiday everyone!!

January 6, 2013 Disney Dream

Disboards ID Cabin Occupants

Xiphoid76 9172 2 adults
Disneyin84 7566 2 adults, 2 kids - 12(girl), 10(boy)
Turltepondkid gty 2 adults
Otownfamily 8554 2 adults, 2 kids - 14(boy), 13(girl)
Awhittle 12506 2 adults, 3 kids - 17(boy), 10(girl), 8(girl)
AAshleySEG 9101 2 adults - husband's birthday on 6th
Gortman65 7654 2 adults, 2 kids - 6(girl), 9 months (girl)
Old 07-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #24
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiphoid76 View Post
Here is the FE list so far. Still have plenty of time before our cruise to make it grow Have a great 4th of July holiday everyone!!

January 6, 2013 Disney Dream

Disboards ID Cabin Occupants

Xiphoid76 9172 2 adults
Disneyin84 7566 2 adults, 2 kids - 12(girl), 10(boy)
Turltepondkid gty 2 adults
Otownfamily 8554 2 adults, 2 kids - 14(boy), 13(girl)
Awhittle 12506 2 adults, 3 kids - 17(boy), 10(girl), 8(girl)
AAshleySEG 9101 2 adults - husband's birthday on 6th
Gortman65 7654 2 adults, 2 kids - 6(girl), 9 months (girl)
Sadly, I am going to have to ask to be removed from the FE List, I was just browsing online for prices and we changed our cruise dates to the May 18th EBTA, it was only $900 more for 14 nights as opposed to this 4 nighter, but I hope you all have a great time on the cruise!!! We are going on the dream for a 5 nighter in August so I will say Hi to the ship for you all!!
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #25
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Well we will be doing our first Disney Cruise on the Dream Jan 6, 2013 also! I am curious what fish extenders is??? Like I said, first cruise and not much time on the cruise boards this is a new term to me.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #26
turtlepondkid
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDisneyFreak View Post
Well we will be doing our first Disney Cruise on the Dream Jan 6, 2013 also! I am curious what fish extenders is??? Like I said, first cruise and not much time on the cruise boards this is a new term to me.
Hey - - if you do a search for "what are fish extenders" you will find tons of info. Here is the shortened version : Outside your cabin, there will be a metal fish or seahorse or starfish. It is used by the cruise line to leave papers and packets for you during the cruise. Those of us who decide to participate in the FE's for this cruise will hang out a small pocketed object (kind of looks like an over-the-door shoe holder) and they're used like Christmas stockings, if you will. Everyone involved will bring small gifts/surprises/candy bags/other inexpensive store-bought or handmade trinkets to leave in the other fish extenders.(kinda like wedding favors or stocking stuffers) There will be a complete list published (thanks, xiphoid!) before the cruise, and this will give you the total count of gifts you'll need for the cruise. Then, during the cruise, take your list and your gifts and leave them in the other fish extenders. It is so much fun coming back to your cabin and finding little gifts in your pouches!
You can buy actual fish extenders online (ebay is a nice spot). I also have made four, so my skills are getting pretty polished - - plus it's kinda nice to do a themed fish extender. Ours is themed around the movie 'UP'.
Some people give one gift to each cabin. Others will have a small gift for each person in the cabin....sometimes age-specific.....(coloring books for kids, magnets for adults, etc..)
You can also go to etsy and buy fish extender gifts or get ideas for them online as well.
My advice - - totally do it. It really is a blast!

Favorite WDW breakfast: Crystal Palace
Favorite WDW resort: Polynesian
Favorite DCL memory: kayaking at Castaway Cay
Favortie Disney show: Hoop Dee Doo!!!!
turtlepondkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #27
wurtie
Mouseketeer

My DH and I will be celebrating our 17th anniversary on the very first night of the cruise, Jan. 6th. Its our 2nd Disney cruise and we are so excited!! We have participated in a FE group before and I loved it. We would love to be added to the group, 2 adults. I don't have our room # yet but I'll let you know as soon as its assigned.

Last edited by wurtie; 07-11-2012 at 01:26 PM.
wurtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #28
CourtneyO
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone!!!

We just booked this cruise as a surprise Christmas present for our two little ones. We are sooooo excited! This will be our second time on the Dream and we would love to participate in the FE. It will be me, DH, DD(5) and DS(3). We are staying in cabin 10156.

Courtney
CourtneyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #29
xiphoid76
Mouseketeer

Welcome Courtney and wurtie - I have you added.
Can not wait - only a few more months now till the cruise We actually started booking some restaurants in Disney for our time after the cruise already!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #30
xiphoid76
Mouseketeer

5 more months!!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: