Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

PTR August 2012! (almost there!!)

Going to WDW in August I'm very new to the boards, but not so new to Disney and so I figured I'd try writing my very first pre-trip report- I am a certified Disney addict, I just wish I was able to go to WDW much more often! After two years of pricing vacations online, my boyfriend and I decided to head back to WDW! I re-introduced Disney World to my boyfriend in 2009 after he had a forgettable trip during his high school years and so he told me "I just want to see you have fun, Disney is really for kids anyhow." Well he's eating his words after our trip together, because WDW is the ONLY vacation he ever wants to take, he doesn't want to go anywhere else!

Here I am...

I'm 26, a preschool teacher (with dreams of working at Disney!) and have seemed to think of nothing else but planning my summer Disney trip since we booked it last August! August hasn't been my first choice of times to visit WDW, however my schedule and his allow for it, so here we are! My boyfriend is also 26, he is the sweetest guy, who deals with my obsession (and constant Disney trip-planning chatter) like a champ. We have been together for 5 years and counting..

And this is my bf- I don't think he's fooling anyone anymore with those Mickey ears, he is fully converted

We will be staying at the POP Century Resort from Aug. 14-21. I have only stayed at the All-Star resorts and this is the first time I will be staying at POP. We will be celebrating our anniversary and his 27th birthday

Tues- arrival DTD/pool day Raglan Road (a must!)@ 7- ready for that beer flight
Wed- MK day Tony's Town Square (first time!) for dinner- looking forward to that creme brulee (a certifiable brulee addict!)
Thurs- Epcot Le Cellier (first time) for dinner
Fri- HS Rose & Crown (first time) for dinner
Sat- AK Marrakesh (which we LOVE) for dinner
Sun- TBD Biergarten (first time) for an early dinner
Mon- TBD Chefs de France (a tradition for our last day) for an early dinner, followed by shopping, shopping, and more last day shopping in DTD!

We can't stay away from Epcot, the restaurants at the WS are too good to miss!

Look forward to posting more...

ME (28) DF (29)

Last edited by cbeeindisney; 07-28-2012 at 09:09 PM.
cbeeindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Joining in!
Looks like you have a fun trip planned.
We'll be there 8/12-8/25.

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Joining in!
Looks like you have a fun trip planned.
We'll be there 8/12-8/25.
Wow! I'm jealous, wish I was staying for so long!

ME (28) DF (29)

Last edited by cbeeindisney; 06-04-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

85 days out

cannot contain my excitement anymore! 85 days away from my 8 day vacation, in the meantime I have been making some notes on must-pack items for my trip..

Reef flip flops, what are your thoughts? Looking for cute flip-flops to wear in the heat with some support. I know that's near impossible to look for in flips, but I was thinking about these..

the Reef Slap

or these...

the Reef Fanning

talk to me, any tips, experiences with these or other flip-flops...

I also was debating whether to wear some sundresses in the parks, what are your thoughts?

I am bothered by dresses in hot weather, due to chafing, but they just may be cooler, and with the right body glide, I may just be okay... am I totally being naive?

Old Navy has the CUTEST sundresses this season, picked this one up and am in love, want to wear it as much as possible!

ME (28) DF (29)

Last edited by cbeeindisney; 05-21-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Travel SICK

Dramamine is a must!!! I get motion sick instantly on the plane! Fortunately, I am a ride junkie and I'm not affected there....

but what I really want to know is if anyone has tried anything other than Dramamine, it knocks me out cold for hours and I feel groggy and lethargic the ENTIRE day and I would like to be somewhat coherent and alert during our arrival

ME (28) DF (29)
Old 05-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
Whereisalyssa
Self Proclaimed Princess and former CM!

Hey! I'm going in August too, you leave the day I arrive though! I just wanted to let you know i've been having the same thoughts about wearing dresses, I've only ever worn them to the restaurants though so i'm not sure how well they work (nice and cool but somewhat inconvenient on rides i would imagine?).. I've decided to try out rompers instead!

Me(22) - Brother(19) - Mom - my DBF(21) - Boots(4) - Mittens(2) -

ICP Cast Member summer 2014
Whereisalyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #7
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereisalyssa View Post
I've only ever worn them to the restaurants though so i'm not sure how well they work (nice and cool but somewhat inconvenient on rides i would imagine?).. I've decided to try out rompers instead!
I thought about the same thing, but rompers just don't look so good on me! I think I'm just going to have to save them for nicer dinner date nights! Rides could be a hassle, didn't really think of that! Thanks!

ME (28) DF (29)
Old 05-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

I am so jealous tht you are going to WDW the day after my birthday. I soooo want to go with you. Oh well, I guess I will just have to wait until my trip next may with my DD.

I stayed at Pop last year and loved it. I am even thinking of staying there again next year. I loved that Pop didn't share a bus with any other resort like the All Stars do, though this might change with AoA opening. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

I don't wear flip flops to the parks so I can't really help you there, but both of the pictures appear to have good support.

I have seen lots of people wearing summer dresses at WDW. And if you think about it the only rides that would really be a problem are one that seat comes up between the legs. There are only a few of these at WDW, matter of fact the only one I can think of is Rocking Roller coaster. Most of the other rides just have belts or lap bars. Just something to think on.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #9
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
I am so jealous tht you are going to WDW the day after my birthday. I soooo want to go with you. Oh well, I guess I will just have to wait until my trip next may with my DD.

I stayed at Pop last year and loved it. I am even thinking of staying there again next year. I loved that Pop didn't share a bus with any other resort like the All Stars do, though this might change with AoA opening. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

That's so funny, my bf's birthday is the 13th, that's why we are going then! Happy early Birthday!

We had originally planned to stay at All-Star Movies, but I switched to Pop, main reason being the buses, so I'm feeling reassured with my decision! Thanks!

ME (28) DF (29)
Old 05-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #10
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeeindisney View Post
That's so funny, my bf's birthday is the 13th, that's why we are going then! Happy early Birthday!

We had originally planned to stay at All-Star Movies, but I switched to Pop, main reason being the buses, so I'm feeling reassured with my decision! Thanks!
No problem. The buses do get packed when the parks close, but I think that is the same everywhere.

Tell your prince that Leo's rule.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #11
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Keeping it Cool

Planning on taking some sort of "cooling off" device, whether it be a fan/mister, or cooling towel. I know that we will be melting in August, so something like this is necessary!

Been looking into these -

QVC just had a bandana looking device, where you add in cooling liquid beads, and they will keep you cool, around your neck, wrists, for your dog, etc...

Thought I'd share in case anyone was looking for something similar...

They're called Cool Downz

and I was also looking into these, I just don't want to be lugging around a huge mister/fan- hoping to carry as little as possible actually!

Tell me- what are you experiences with fans/misters? Is it worth it to carry around a larger one that holds a bit more water, was it a huge hassle on a hot day to carry around?

ME (28) DF (29)
Old 05-24-2012, 06:40 PM   #12
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

BTW, I'm a HUGE QVC fan and I'm all about online shopping, so if there are any recommendations for me online- I will always appreciate it!

ME (28) DF (29)
Old 05-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #13
Heidi Lou
The Mouse's Biggest Fan!

About the dresses: We go every August so i know how hot it gets and i absolutely love wearing dresses. I dont think you can get more comfortable than a cute sun dress! To deal with the problems you mentioned, I wear shorts underneath...like work out shorts (biker shorts). They stay in place and you honestly can't even see them at all through the dress! Hope that helps!!!
Old 05-24-2012, 10:56 PM   #14
Eight
Mouseketeer

Regarding flip flops, I wore yoga mat Sanuks for five days last June without any problems. I don't think they have as much support as the Reefs pictured, but they were really comfy. I would imagine those Reefs would be pretty good though, I had a pair of Reefs that I wore constantly for two or three summers.

It's so hard to find good flip flops or sandals that are cute and comfy to walk around in all day. But I prefer them over closed toed shoes in the parks in the summer since my feet don't get as hot, plus if it rains, you don't have to deal with wet shoes/socks.
Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:10 AM   #15
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eight View Post

It's so hard to find good flip flops or sandals that are cute and comfy to walk around in all day. But I prefer them over closed toed shoes in the parks in the summer since my feet don't get as hot, plus if it rains, you don't have to deal with wet shoes/socks.
I know, it really is! I'm hoping that the Reefs do the trick! They are a bit pricey, but hopefully it'll be worth it!

ME (28) DF (29)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: