Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
UNCFanatik
DIS Veteran

Wilderness Lodge Lobby Rooms question

I know this has probably been covered before but I am new and having trouble searching through the forums. I am looking at staying at the Wilderness Lodge and my wife doesnt want a room that opens out into the open lobby area. What classification are those rooms? Standard? Wood View? Or a mix of both?

thanks
UNCFanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
Lisa71
Adoption Rocks!

They are a mix. When requesting simply tell them you don't want a lobby room. Our "standard" room had a view of the pool in 2009...you never know! The woods view are supposed to be the quietest but we had not problems with noise level. The lobby area is very pretty to walk over and look at but that area is more noisy.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
IDoDis
Knows the password to get into the Water Buffalo Lodge

The noise is the one downfall of WL as most regular rooms open up to the lobby. Make sure you ask for a room as far away as possible from the Whispering Canyon Cafe. Otherwise you will hear loud singing and laughter at all hours of the night. And when I say loud singing, I mean LOUD where the entire restaurant breaks out into song at 1:00am. There were a few nights where none of us could sleep because of the noise. We were on the 5th or 6th floor, too! Otherwise we loved the WL.

We are getting ready to book our hotel this weekend for our next trip and after some discussion, we've decided not to stay at the WL and to try something else. Don't get me wrong, we loved the WL, but it was just too noisy and we are not night owls.
Disney World ~ Pop Century, May '06
Disney World ~Windsor Hills, May '08
Disney World ~Wilderness Lodge, June '09
Disneyland ~ Offsite, Oct '10
Disney World ~ Boardwalk Inn, June '12
IDoDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
catheren
DIS Veteran

I agree with PP, any room at the WL that is located over the lobby is LOUD! It is a beautiful resort but due to the openess of the lobby 5 to 6 stories, everything echoes. Request they note on your ressie, a room location that is "top floor, quiet location, and far away from the lobby". And it will be nice and quiet! At check in, remind the CM of your request, you may not get a top floor, but insist for a room far away from the lobby. Ask the CM to show you on a WL map your room assignment, before you agree on the room. Have a great time at WL and be sure to sign up at check in for "flag family"!
catheren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: