Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #46
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

That seal is too dang cute. I would've been there forever taking pictures....and so excited to see one in the wild so close up.
Too bad DH got sick. I've been lucky so far, and I pray we have calm seas in Nov. because my sister would be the one to get sick first.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #47
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThomsLuvDisney View Post
Hello MissJ, subbing and enjoying your TR....again! We actually met on the Dream last year and I saw you were writing another TR and had to read along!

I'm glad you enjoyed Seattle! My sister actually lives on Angle Lake, her house is straight ahead on the right hand side of your picture!

Loved the seal picture, they are so stinkin' cute!
I remember, we met waiting in line to board the ship. You were the lucky one to do back to back cruises. Thanks for joining the report.

So cool that your sister lives on Angle lake. We definitely want to go back and visit Seattle for more then one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
That seal is too dang cute. I would've been there forever taking pictures....and so excited to see one in the wild so close up.
Too bad DH got sick. I've been lucky so far, and I pray we have calm seas in Nov. because my sister would be the one to get sick first.
The seal was so cute, I wanted to take him home so bad. He just hung around, swam around, begging with his cute big eyes.

Yeah it was a bummer that everyone was getting sick on the ship. DH always takes sea sick medicine on each cruise but I never do. This is our third cruise and this is the first one he felt sick on.
missj1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #48
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Palo Brunch

First day at sea was very dreary.

We skipped breakfast cause we were having Palo brunch at eleven. Before brunch we walked around and took more pictures.

DH tried to not get sea sick again.

Finally time for Palo brunch. I love love love Palo brunch. We did one on the Dream in February and loved it. This time on the Wonder did not disappoint. Well the view sucked cause the weather was dreary but the food was awesome.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:03 AM   #49
missj1975
DIS Veteran

First Day At Sea

I really don't remember what we did during the afternoon of the first day at sea. I know we played ping pong and Bingo. We just relaxed and had a great time.

The musical for the night was Toy Story the Musical. Yeah we've seen it several times but I still love it each time. I do love the actor/actress who plays Sid, always does a great job.

It was also Pirate Night. We were worried that there would be no fireworks cause of the crappy weather but the fireworks were on and the deck party went on as usual.

Dinner was at Parrot Cay with a pirate theme. I thought the food was good. The scallops were awesome.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:10 AM   #50
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Pirate Deck Party

Pirate Deck was great...a little chilly but great. The fireworks were great. I don't remember if there was a food buffet. If there was we didn't go to it.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:42 AM   #51
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I'm really enjoying your TR

Great photos by the way

Victoria looks lovely, I'd love to visit there someday

Shame that your DH got sick; we are taking only our second ever cruise in May and I must admit it really worries me
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #52
Tehanna
It's FISH EXTENDER, not Fish Exchange!

Loving your TR, as we are booked on the September Wonder Repo cruise this year. Thank you for taking so many photos!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Tehanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #53
missj1975
DIS Veteran

2nd Day at Sea

Second Day at sea started with a character breakfast. I love character breakfasts. It was a nice surprise cause Disney doesn't have character breakfasts on 3 to 4 day cruises. This was our first five day cruise so I was pleasantly surprised by the character breakfast.

The breakfast was in Parrot Cay. The characters were Mickey and friends. The characters were great and we had lots of character interaction.

We spent most of the day participating in the Trivia games, attended one of the Animation classes to learn how to draw Donald Duck. Oh we won the Cruise Trivia Game...what can I say, I know my cruise trivia...all thanks to the disboards. We won a key chain.

We also did laundry. Yeah it took me a couple of tries to figure out how the machine worked. I didn't realize computerized laundry machines were so complicated, give me a quarter machine any day.

DH grabbing his free dose of sea sickness medicine.

Oh and another stop by the medical center to get another free dose of sea sickness medicine for DH. I thought that was really nice for Disney to give out free sea sickness medicine.

Disney has really great customer service on even the littlest things. I can't remember if it was this cruise or the February cruise but when we boarded I ran out of personal products (female readers you know what i mean )...gift shops weren't open yet...and we didn't have our luggage yet with my extra supply. The bathrooms on the cruise ship do not have personal product vending machines. So I went to the guest relations desk and explained the situation (thankfully to a female cast member) and she gave me a huge bag of free personal products. I was so happy and thought that was really neat for them to do that. Cause I've had this issue before at a non-disney hotel and they weren't very understanding at all.

We had lunch at Beach Blanket Buffet. It was good. I prefer the sit-down restaurants on the cruises but sometimes DH feels like a buffet.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #54
missj1975
DIS Veteran

We had afternoon tea at Palo, loved it. We had the best waiter ever. He was from Russia. He was so into serving the tea and we talked a lot. He loved working for Disney had been with Disney for like nine years. I was impressed.

The evening show was Dreams. Great as usual. After the show we went and watched the Adult version of the juggling show. He was hilarious. Then we went to dinner at Parrot Cay.

I have absolutely no idea what we did after dinner. Probably got a drink in one of the clubs or walked around the ship. We walked around the ship a lot. I just love exploring the ship, can never get enough of it.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:35 AM   #55
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran

Great update! Palo brunch is my FAVORITE! I never gave Palo tea a second thought but now I'm totally interested, maybe because I'm starving right now!!!

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ
TheThomsLuvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:45 AM   #56
squirrel
DIS Veteran

I'm on the Repo cruise this year.

The Grind is quite the hike. I forget what the record is for it but it's way too short for the average person.

I only get gravy on my fries if it's a poutine, and even then it has to be good gravy.
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:25 AM   #57
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Palo looks wonderful

The character breakfast looks like a lot of fun as well; are you seated with your usual table mates for this?
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #58
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThomsLuvDisney View Post
Great update! Palo brunch is my FAVORITE! I never gave Palo tea a second thought but now I'm totally interested, maybe because I'm starving right now!!!
Lol, tea is great. Definitely have an early lunch the day you do tea cause the mini sandwiches and desserts are so good. I'm not a huge tea person but the menu has lots of choices so I found one I liked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
I'm on the Repo cruise this year.

The Grind is quite the hike. I forget what the record is for it but it's way too short for the average person.

I only get gravy on my fries if it's a poutine, and even then it has to be good gravy.
Yeah when I researched the Grind, I kept reading that the average person could hike it in forty-five minutes....it took us two hours. I got passed a lot but it was a beautiful hike. I don't regretting doing it but I definitely would never hike it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Palo looks wonderful

The character breakfast looks like a lot of fun as well; are you seated with your usual table mates for this?
For the character breakfast, yes you do sit with your table mates, same table you have during regular dinner. For the breakfast, the characters visit everyone, not just tables with kids. I mention this because on the Dream, there is a dinner where the princesses only visit tables with kids, irritates the heck out of me. I just found it odd on the Dream because at all the Disney resorts for any character dinner, the characters visit everyone, not just kids. I am not for sure why the Dream does this, seems very unDisney like to me.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #59
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I have to ask about the character breakfast. I had forgotten they were offered on longer cruises. Do you have an assigned day to do it? I think I read that before...but my mind is so full of Diney knowledge, that some things start to slip out at times.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #60
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I have to ask about the character breakfast. I had forgotten they were offered on longer cruises. Do you have an assigned day to do it? I think I read that before...but my mind is so full of Diney knowledge, that some things start to slip out at times.
Yeah you get an assigned day. I can't remember if it was printed on our dining ticket or if our servers told us. I think it was also listed in the daily navigator. It was one of the best character breakfasts I've been to. Goofy was the best but Chip and Dale were great too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: