Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2012, 08:36 AM   #16
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I have never seen this type of parking space discussed over on Transportation. I would imagine that if it were common, we would have heard about it before. I doubt I would have made a big deal about it. Takes too much time out of the day. I would have dropped the rest of the group off, let them go on ahead and then I would have returned to the CM who gave the 'magical' parking pass and asked where I should now park. Give the CM the option of putting you someplace else that may be a bit more 'magical' than a regular spot. But I wouldn't have spent much time on it.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #17
dwheaton
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlevis View Post
I wonder if someone with a handicapped permit happened to drive by and was unable to park because you were in that spot while you were searching for a CM and then security?
In this case, there were large empty rows of handicapped spots, so barring a caravan of 50 cars with handicapped stickers showing up in two minutes, I don't think that would be a problem. Again, like I said earlier, I wasn't going to leave the car there. It was confusing, and I expected there to be a cast member nearby.

I'm really not sure what the purpose of your message is, other than to be judgmental and try and make me feel bad. Thanks for pointing this out and have a great day!
dwheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #18
MissManda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wonder if someone with a handicapped permit happened to drive by and was unable to park because you were in that spot while you were searching for a CM and then security?
Oh good grief. I'm sure that the OP didn't take the absolute last handicap spot in the entire lot. He pulled in their temporarily to find someone and ask for assistance and then moved the vehicle. Sheesh.
MissManda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:16 AM   #19
v_gan
I can go the distance!

Quote:
Seriously. What WAS the point of this comment?! Disney has rows upon rows of handicap parking, and I imagine this happened early enough in the day that the majority of them were not taken. This was a situation of confusion and the OP was trying to figure out what to do. They never intended on leaving the car there. What a pointless thing to question.
WDW - Pop Century Resort - May 2010 (21 years old)
WDW - Caribbean Beach Resort - March 2010 (21 years old)
WDW - Pop Century Resort - May 2009 (20 years old)
Universal Orlando - Offsite - October 2008 - (20 years old)
WDW, Univeral Orlando - All Star Movies - September 2007 (19 years old)
WDW, Univeral Orlando - All Star Music - July 2002 (14 years old)
WDW, Univeral Orlando - Offsite - January 2001 (13 years old)
Disneyland, Universal Hollywood - Offsite - January 2000 (12 years old)
WDW, Universal Orlando, Sea World - Offsite - January 1991 (3 years old)

Spring 2014 Disney College Program Blog (Concierge): Going the Distance - My Disney College Program Experience

Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews
More Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews
Two Vegans, Too Much Food
Even More Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews
v_gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #20
RichmondTiggerFan
Favorites: Splash Mountain, FOTLK, Tigger!, Chip & Dale!, and Timon!!

Quote:
Don't feed the trolls!
6/88 Offsite - 10/93 Dixie Landings(Now Port Orleans Riverside) - 6/97 Port Orleans(before they tacked on 'French Quarter') - 5/99 AS Sports - 5/01 POFQ - 2/03 AS Sports - 6/03 AS Music - 5/04 AS Sports - 9/04 AS Sports - 5/05 AS Sports - 9/06 AS Sports - 10/07 POFQ - 03/08 POFQ - 08/08 POR - 11/08 POR - 02/09 POR - 05/09-06/09 Wilderness Lodge - 10/09 POFQ - 3/10 AKL - 5/10 AKL - 7/10 POR - 10/10 AKL - 3/11 AKL - 10/11 POP - 10/14 POP - Next Trip ????

My Splash Mountain tally: 304 times
RichmondTiggerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #21
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissManda View Post
Oh good grief. I'm sure that the OP didn't take the absolute last handicap spot in the entire lot. He pulled in their temporarily to find someone and ask for assistance and then moved the vehicle. Sheesh.
Double sheesh.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #22
jlevis
Mouseketeer

Apparently none of the selfrightous here have never had to try to find a van accessable handicapped spot so they could unload a wheelchair because someone decided to park there for a couple of minutes. Apparently the op was unable to drive back to the CM who gave him his pass to ask what to do.
jlevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #23
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

He popped out for a moment to ask a question. The family was still in the car and could have moved it if they needed to.

Perspective please!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #24
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
I wonder if the Tag Fairy was reading this thread, but passed it by because of your comment?
Old 02-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #25
Rosanne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Apparently none of the selfrightous here have never had to try to find a van accessable handicapped spot so they could unload a wheelchair because someone decided to park there for a couple of minutes. Apparently the op was unable to drive back to the CM who gave him his pass to ask what to do.

As previously stated by the OP, there were many, many available spaces. It seems clear from his posts that he is a considerate fellow who would not have put a handicapped person in a position of not having a place to park.

Also, you pretty much double lose the benefit of a "magical" parking spot by having to drive around wasting park time trying to find the same CM who gave it to you. You'd have been better off never seeing the first CM (who had good intentions ).

It is perfectly reasonable to be upset with people who take needed handicapped parking spaces but this situation did not meet that criteria. Y
Rosanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #26
v_gan
I can go the distance!

Quote:
I am sorry, but it is not like they tried to park in front of the ER or something. This wasn't a life or death situation. No one was harmed and I doubt it affected anyone other than the OP. I am sure they gladly would have moved if all the handicapped spots were taken and they had seen someone searching for a spot during the few minutes they were there. However, I have never been in a Disney park parking lot where all the handicap spots were taken. So I doubt there was/would have been an issue.
WDW - Pop Century Resort - May 2010 (21 years old)
WDW - Caribbean Beach Resort - March 2010 (21 years old)
WDW - Pop Century Resort - May 2009 (20 years old)
Universal Orlando - Offsite - October 2008 - (20 years old)
WDW, Univeral Orlando - All Star Movies - September 2007 (19 years old)
WDW, Univeral Orlando - All Star Music - July 2002 (14 years old)
WDW, Univeral Orlando - Offsite - January 2001 (13 years old)
Disneyland, Universal Hollywood - Offsite - January 2000 (12 years old)
WDW, Universal Orlando, Sea World - Offsite - January 1991 (3 years old)

Spring 2014 Disney College Program Blog (Concierge): Going the Distance - My Disney College Program Experience

Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews
More Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews
Two Vegans, Too Much Food
Even More Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews
v_gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #27
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How, exactly, were they supposed drive back to that CM? Seems they would have to exit the parking lot and go back through, hoping that the CM hadn't gone on break by then.

Why not just find a quick spot and find a CM there? Since these spots were for people with special permits to put in the car, and near the AAA spots and the HA spots, you would THINK that a CM would be readily available, and not just a grumpy security CM who wouldn't listen to the OP.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #28
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Just take it out on him by running him over on your ECV.

Sheesh
I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #29
Love Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't think that word means what you think it means.
Love Tink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #30
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

The OP going to Guest Relations was good in that feedback about the problems of this perk could be made quickly.

Tags
animal kingdom, magical moments, parking

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: