Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2012, 11:16 PM   #31
choco_latae
My family, the Disney Family

A couple more that I did for a cruise.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:06 PM   #32
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Don't know if anyone here has read any of Nebo's TRs but... since I still haven't dug my photos out of the almost dead computer, figured I'd throw this one into the mix. I don't remember exactly why I did it. Something to do with Nebo parting the 7 Seas Lagoon or something. Whatever. Here ya go. If memory serves... and it seldom does... this is a collage of four separate pics.

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #33
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Blah sky

I didn't like the sky in this one.

Beach A 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

So I found another sky I liked, photoshopped it into the picture and adjusted the 'opacity' of it. (I think that's the word?) until I liked how dark it was compared to the water.

Beach A 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Then I ran it through topaz to brighten it up some more. So this is what I ended with:

Beach A 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #34
de8212
Mouseketeer

Here's my contribution. I asked earlier about replacing the sky in a pic that I took but didn't get a response. So, after a bit of googling I cam e up with something.

Before:

After:

What do you think? Too much???
de8212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #35
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post
Here's my contribution. I asked earlier about replacing the sky in a pic that I took but didn't get a response. So, after a bit of googling I cam e up with something.

Before:

After:

What do you think? Too much???
Looks good. You might want to add the same clouds into the reflection in the water.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #36
Experiment_626
Stealth Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
Looks good. You might want to add the same clouds into the reflection in the water.
In this case, I wouldn't bother. The majority of the clouds are above the level of the castle that is visible in the water, and those that would be visible are so wispy they wouldn't make much of an impression even if they were there. And adding them to that water would be a real bear, if you ask me. Building a mask around those castle spires is difficult enough as it is, what with all the fancy filigree and the blue turrets that are difficult to separate from the color of the sky.

SSB
Old 06-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #37
Hockeyman
It's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Heres a few I messed around with on photoshop. Blurred out the background layer to give it a little bit of a 3D effect.

Hollywood Studios Parade by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Alice In Wonderland by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Sorcerer Mickey by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Splash Mountain This way by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

WDW Annual pass holder - going since before I could even walk

On Site-Contemporary-Wilderness Lodge-POFQ-POR-Dolphin-All Star Sports-Pop-CBR-ASM

Universal Orlando Annual Pass holder since 2000
On Site-Hard Rock-Portofino Bay-Royal Pacific

Busch Gardens / Seaworld Annual Pass holder since 2007
Hockeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #38
boBQuincy
I am not carrying three pods
There's something about the smell of the chemicals that just shouts "Photography!"

Pretty easy, just add some new pixels to the Test Track sign.

More difficult, desaturate the background to look old timey and change the train to brass to emulate the brass models.

This took some work, getting the perspective and scaling close enough to work.

"Take the big pill, and go back to the SLR you know. Take the small micro 4/3 pill and you will never look at SLRs the same way again." a G3 and now a GX7. Photos at: suzieandbob.com

Our model monorail site: http://monorail.suzieandbob.com/

boBQuincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #39
Hockeyman
It's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Bob that monorail pic going thru the Swan is awesome and made me lol

WDW Annual pass holder - going since before I could even walk

On Site-Contemporary-Wilderness Lodge-POFQ-POR-Dolphin-All Star Sports-Pop-CBR-ASM

Universal Orlando Annual Pass holder since 2000
On Site-Hard Rock-Portofino Bay-Royal Pacific

Busch Gardens / Seaworld Annual Pass holder since 2007
Hockeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #40
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Same here Bob! Cracks me up every time I see it
NateNLogansDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #41
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Is there an online reference to do some of the Photoshop techniques I've seen in this thread? I have PS Elements 10. I took some Wishes pictures from the TOWL at BLT. I read on the DISboards to take pics of the castle before the fireworks because if you leave your shutter open long enough to get a nice shot of the fireworks, then the castle would be blurry due to it changing colors and being over exposed. I took the pre-fireworks pic of the castle and then took pics of the fireworks with a ND filter, tripod and leaving the shutter open 5-10 seconds. Separate they are decent pics but I want to put them together. Where can a novice go to learn how to do this? TIA and keep your pics coming. In the immortal words of Tony the Tiger, "They're great!"

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #42
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Is there an online reference to do some of the Photoshop techniques I've seen in this thread? I have PS Elements 10. I took some Wishes pictures from the TOWL at BLT. I read on the DISboards to take pics of the castle before the fireworks because if you leave your shutter open long enough to get a nice shot of the fireworks, then the castle would be blurry due to it changing colors and being over exposed. I took the pre-fireworks pic of the castle and then took pics of the fireworks with a ND filter, tripod and leaving the shutter open 5-10 seconds. Separate they are decent pics but I want to put them together. Where can a novice go to learn how to do this? TIA and keep your pics coming. In the immortal words of Tony the Tiger, "They're great!"
Here's a Wishes photo I took during our Easter trip. I liked it, but wished the castle wasn't quite so dark.

Wishes Fireworks by BirdsOfPreyDave, on Flickr

So I processed it as you describe, above. I took a picture from earlier in the day and did some compositing. I use Photoshop CS6, but I would think the procedures would be the same in Elements.

First, I used the various selection tools to select the top spires on the castle from the pre-Wishes castle photo, and copied it into the fireworks picture. I then used the free-transform and move tools to stretch the new castle to the same size and position as the castle in the fireworks. Even though I had the camera on a tripod and hadn't moved it between shots, I wasn't able to get both castles to line up perfectly. I had to use the brush, clone stamp, and spot-healing brush tools to erase the old castle where it was showing.

Wishes Fireworks by BirdsOfPreyDave, on Flickr

While I like the looks of the second one much better, it's easy to get caught in having manipulated the photo. A real Disney aficionado will recognize that the castle is never lighted like this when the fireworks are actually going off.

Last edited by BirdsOfPreyDave; 10-11-2012 at 12:55 PM.
BirdsOfPreyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #43
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Just started playing with Photoshop. Still learning my way around the software (not sure I'll ever figure it all out) but by trying various things I've come up with this.

Original:

Simple Chrome Filter:

And perhaps the one I like the best:

Now if I could just remember what I did to that third one.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #44
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Stupid boaters...

I got some great shots of the tall ships, but didn't like the small boats that got in the way. Here are some before/afters:

_MG_6432.jpg by BirdsOfPreyDave, on Flickr

became...

The Gloria from Columbia by BirdsOfPreyDave, on Flickr

_MG_6438.jpg by BirdsOfPreyDave, on Flickr

became...

Tall Ship Cisne Branco from Brazil by BirdsOfPreyDave, on Flickr

and

_MG_6462.jpg by BirdsOfPreyDave, on Flickr

became...

The Bounty, a replica built for the Marlin Brando movie by BirdsOfPreyDave, on Flickr

This was done mostly with the Clone Stamp Tool and spot healing brush.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #45
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

I love, love, love the first one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman View Post
Heres a few I messed around with on photoshop. Blurred out the background layer to give it a little bit of a 3D effect.

Hollywood Studios Parade by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: