Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #16
Shazzasmd
Mouseketeer

From our recent visit to Castaway Cay. This is a 3-exposure handheld HDR. Tonemapped in Photomatix, then further processed by blending layers in Photoshop. Finished in Nik Color Efex Pro 4 to bring out the detail in the cabana. A little cheesy perhaps, but it makes a very nice print, and I find the family likes this type of processing:

Shazzasmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #17
Shazzasmd
Mouseketeer

Apologies - double post.
Shazzasmd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2012, 07:15 AM   #18
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

I'm in!

I'll post. I don't know much, but I'm learning and trying to learn. I don't know if the OP had this in mind, but please feel free to critique and offer something constructive.

I shoot in raw+jpeg because I know I'll want to improve as I learn... meaning that I may not know how to fix something now, but later on I might want to! And I do know how to adjust the exposure a little bit and the white balance, so I like to be able to do that if my trusty "auto white balance" doesn't do the job as well as I'd like it to.

So here's the jpeg version.

Eeyore 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I adjusted the white balance, maybe the exposure and I did up the contrast and sharpen a little. (Took maybe 5 seconds, really not much editing in the DPP program).

Eeyore 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Then I opened in Photoshop Elements and I cropped and then used the Topaz plug in. I liked the more faded (desaturated?) look for Eeyore.

Eeyore 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)

My Trip Reports:
Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #19
pilgrimr
Mouseketeer

Donald

This is a picture form Flower and Garden. I did not like the background so I took it out and replaced it with some clouds I saw one night I was running.

pilgrimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #20
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Bumping this thread up again... I'll try another one. (Just posted about this in another thread, so I figured I'd put it here, too.)

I wished there was a little more separation between the subject and the background in this picture, so I attempted to alter the depth of field. There are actually three separate layers applying different levels of gaussian blur. The first is a gradiant going diagionally up and to the right to give a small amount of blur to the bushes. The second is up the tree trunk on the left, giving it a very slight blur. And the third, the strongest, is applied to the torii gate itself. The bonsai tree also has layers to separate it from the various blurs and to apply curves to brighten it a bit.

Here are the before and after:

Bonsai Trees at the Japan Pavilion by BirdsOfPreyDave, on Flickr

Last edited by BirdsOfPreyDave; 06-11-2012 at 04:27 PM.
BirdsOfPreyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #21
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
Bumping this thread up again... I'll try another one. (Just posted about this in another thread, so I figured I'd put it here, too.)

I wished there was a little more separation between the subject and the background in this picture, so I attempted to alter the depth of field. There are actually three separate layers applying different levels of gaussian blur. The first is a gradiant going diagionally up and to the right to give a small amount of blur to the bushes. The second is up the tree trunk on the left, giving it a very slight blur. And the third, the strongest, is applied to the torii gate itself. The bonsai tree also has layers to separate it from the various blurs and to apply curves to brighten it a bit.

Here are the before and after:

Wow! Good job on that! That looks great!

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)

My Trip Reports:
Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #22
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Thanks!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:52 PM   #23
Hockeyman
It's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Original unedited photo

DSC04490 by MIke Sperduto (Sperduto Photos), on Flickr

Photo processed in Nik Color Efex to bring out some detail

DSC04490-Edit by MIke Sperduto (Sperduto Photos), on Flickr

Finished picture processed thru Photoshop. I have very little experience using photoshop but with trial and error sometime ill surprise myself lol

Japan Bonsai by MIke Sperduto (Sperduto Photos), on Flickr[/IMG]

WDW Annual pass holder - going since before I could even walk

On Site-Contemporary-Wilderness Lodge-POFQ-POR-Dolphin-All Star Sports-Pop-CBR-ASM

Universal Orlando Annual Pass holder since 2000
On Site-Hard Rock-Portofino Bay-Royal Pacific

Busch Gardens / Seaworld Annual Pass holder since 2007
Hockeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #24
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

I'll add some Disney one's I've done.

color manipulation, sharpen and contrast

same on this plus curves adjustment

In this one I did the above and removed a couple of people and stroller from the image.

i can't find a pic of my final image but it has Cinderella and Prince charming dancing in front of the castle with a shadow to match the light,. nevermind... found it

Old 05-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #25
Renysmom
Just wondering what is going on
Something has to pay for my WDW trips LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazzasmd View Post
From our recent visit to Castaway Cay. This is a 3-exposure handheld HDR. Tonemapped in Photomatix, then further processed by blending layers in Photoshop. Finished in Nik Color Efex Pro 4 to bring out the detail in the cabana. A little cheesy perhaps, but it makes a very nice print, and I find the family likes this type of processing:

Really well done. I would hang that in my office

WDW Oct 2005--WDW Dec 2006-- WDW Dec 2007--WDW/Wonder Cruise Oct 2008--WDW March 2009--WDW July 2009--WDW Oct 2009 -- Magic Western Cruise Nov 2009--WDW Dec 2009--WDW Aug 2010--WDW/Wonder Cruise Dec 2010--WDW April 2011--WDW Aug 2011--WDW/Dream Oct 2011--WDW Dec 2011--WDW April 2012--Fantasy Eastern Oct 2012-- WDW May 2013 -- Fantasy Western Sept 2014
Renysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #26
p17blo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
Ok, I'll go first. But I'm really just learning the software.

Edited in Photoshop CS5.1. Content aware fill to remove lamp post and chain from castle photo. Content aware fill and clone stamp to remove lanyard, camera strap, name tag, and some sweat from the picture of me. Smart edge selection and edge refine to cut myself out of the Epcot photo.
You have got to me kidding me!? I've been using Photoshop for a while now, thought I had the grasp of it, but I always shy away from big clone job as I can never make them look right - Your first demo is amazing! I mean seriously. Are you sure you haven't switched pictures? The bit I am most impressed with is the removal of the photo strap. Was that really just clone?? Surely not? I am currently trying to get to grips with Topaz remask. This does a slightly better job than I can alone but I still wouldn't even attempt the level you have shown here. I now feel I have got so much more to learn now

p17blo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #27
Renysmom
Just wondering what is going on
Something has to pay for my WDW trips LOL

Before:

[IMG]http://www.*******************/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Row-Boat_original.jpg[/IMG]

After:

[IMG]http://www.*******************/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Row-Boat_Final.jpg[/IMG]

What I did:

Starting in Lightroom 4 I adjusted the exposure and highlights oh so slightly. Then I exported the file to PSP X4 where I removed the ugly concrete dock on the left and applied a light tone map adjustment. Opening in in Topaz Labs deNoise next I applied the preset for .jpg, and then moved to Topaz Detail and used the Micro Contrast Enhancement preset adjusting to my liking. The next step was in Topaz Adjust where I played with sliders to bring out the texture on the dock. Then it was back to LR4 where I cropped slightly and then using the gradient brush adjusted the clouds to make them a bit lighter. That’s it

I am not overly thrilled with the trees, they are so hazy and I just couldn’t find a way to bring out the detail any better (granted this was taken on a hazy, cloudy dull day). Anyone have any ideas?

WDW Oct 2005--WDW Dec 2006-- WDW Dec 2007--WDW/Wonder Cruise Oct 2008--WDW March 2009--WDW July 2009--WDW Oct 2009 -- Magic Western Cruise Nov 2009--WDW Dec 2009--WDW Aug 2010--WDW/Wonder Cruise Dec 2010--WDW April 2011--WDW Aug 2011--WDW/Dream Oct 2011--WDW Dec 2011--WDW April 2012--Fantasy Eastern Oct 2012-- WDW May 2013 -- Fantasy Western Sept 2014
Renysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #28
Shazzasmd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renysmom View Post
Really well done. I would hang that in my office
Thanks, Kelly. We have a print hanging in the guest bedroom - its a fun reminder.

I like the photo of the dock. The only thing I can suggest about the trees is to bring the original and edited versions into Photo Shop as layers, then experiment with masking the edited layer to bring back some of the natural look into the trees.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #29
de8212
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbeem View Post
Those who foresake Photoshop are missing out on opportunities to turn something bland into something useful. It doesn't have to mean manipulation, but that's handy when you need it.

I took this shot of the Beanstalk on a bland, overcast day.

snip...
I need to do this with a picture of mine. care to share your technique? I will google but if you already follow a guide i would love to read it.

And since it's nice and I don't have any blue sky pics, is there a good site to get some nice blue skies with white clouds? I guess I can google that as well. I already have a blue sky in the pic. I just want it to "pop".
de8212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:12 PM   #30
choco_latae
My family, the Disney Family

This one I did just before a cruise in 2009.

Time for another Disney Trip.
choco_latae is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: