Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #46
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

Wooohoo!! You look so beautiful in all of the dresses!!

I had buyers remorse for a good month after I bought my dress. I was disappointed that I hadn't lost enough weight to be able to try on more variety and felt like I hadn't really seen enough. It wasn't until I saw the dress in my size a few months later that I realized it WAS the right dress for me and still totally love it. So sometimes, it just needs some time to settle in our brains

Glad you are getting the harpist and the cake all wrapped up! It's so fun to start finalizing those plans
Old 03-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #47
MrsRomance
Counting down until the next DFTW :D

Hi! Just catching up, the dresses are lovely! I love the little splashes of color....and blue is my favorite so I'm a bit biased!

We had a 3 tier mad hatter from it's tasty too and were so happy with it! Word of warning though, it is A LOT of cake--we ended up having to throw a lot of it away. If you have a look in my PJ you can see a pic of our cake.

PS -- I used to live in the greater Cincy area after college :D
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #48
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Fantastic dress!
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #49
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Okay, I don't know how I haven't found your PJ until now?! HI! I'm a December S/D bride too! This automatically makes us friends.. get ready!

All of your plans sound absolutely fantastic! I love love love your gorgeous dress and your ring-- just stunning!

Hey, you're almost at 6 months to the day! So exciting!

I cannot wait to hear more!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #50
2dogmom
DIS Veteran

I totally missed this update months ago. Love your dress. I think it is always normal to second guess ourselves after a big purchase.

My Wedding Planning Journal

June, 2014 - AoA / RP @ US June, 2012 - My Swan Wedding / BC-CL
Nov 2010 - POR Aug 2008 - Poly Dec 2007 - Poly/WL Dec 2006 - Poly Sept 2006 - Portofino
Dec 2005 - Poly May 2005 - WL/Poly Oct 2004 - Poly Feb 2003 - CS Oct 2002 - AKL

2dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #51
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPhant0m View Post

Here are the STD's we're using:

I will shamefully admit that I recreated a design I saw on another bride's post. I can't remember which bride used this design originally, but I fell in love with it! I have a background in design, so I got to work using Illustrator to re-do the card from the bottom up. I had a $25 credit with Shutterfly, so I got them printed as 4x6 pictures. I got 135 of them for FREE! I just had to pay the $8.00 shipping. So if you want to get technical, each one cost me about .06! Hopefully I will be able to score a deal like that when it comes to our Invitations!
I love your STD! It looks so cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPhant0m View Post
[COLOR="Red"]And I finally got ahold of the bakery! They quoted me an awesome price on a 3-tier topsy turvy cake that will serve 32. I know that's 3 times more cake than we need, but it's cake! It WILL get eaten lol! Although I think Heather (or Jay, not sure?) and I weren't exactly seeing eye to eye on what we wanted for a design. I had asked if we could tell them one or two of our favorite Disney things, and give them free reign on designing the cake and incorporating those things into the design. We wanted to be totally surprised by our cake and not have one just picked out of a book. KWIM?? She tells me that they can't put any Disney characters on the cake because of copyrights. Duh. I knew that! I apologized, and I explained myself a little better. We didn't want actual characters on the cake (because we knew they couldn't do that!), but we wanted suggestive hints to our favorite things. Here's the example I used: My favorite character is Dumbo. I thought it would be cute to put on one of the tiers a little fondant circus tent, some peanuts, or even his signature red and gold clown ruffle worked into the design. Does that make any sense to anyone!? DF's favorite movie is Fantasia. Maybe a tier that is blue with white stars, like Mickey's hat, and then have little brooms or mushrooms (his favorite!) placed around the tier. *sigh* I think I'm just asking for too much. I just didn't want a standard topsy turvy cake. I wanted something that was more "us". I think I'm going to make our own cake topper though. I have a really great idea to make one out of polymer clay, and I'm going to try and work on it this weekend. Yeah, we'll see how that goes.
I would trust them to be honest! They came up with an AMAZING cake design for us. Give them a bit more time and I'm sure they can do it!

Congrats! I'm so excited to find another PJ to find!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: